Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:04:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Nice Boys Don't Play Rock And Roll
| | |-+  My Computer Delays the sound signal!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My Computer Delays the sound signal!  (Read 4439 times)
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« on: April 03, 2004, 04:08:59 PM »

What can i do? when i TRY to record something, it get deleayed.... i use Magix music Maker 2003...

i tried to just strum along with 120bpm and it got a litttle delayed.

is there anyway for me to get rid of that? it makes it imposible for me to make a song and add drum machine to it... wich sucks!

and i did one song 2 months ago and im pretty sure it was normal back then!

i take the guitar signal strait from my Boss Me 50...

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2004, 02:36:30 AM »

What can i do? when i TRY to record something, it get deleayed.... i use Magix music Maker 2003...

i tried to just strum along with 120bpm and it got a litttle delayed.

is there anyway for me to get rid of that? it makes it imposible for me to make a song and add drum machine to it... wich sucks!

and i did one song 2 months ago and im pretty sure it was normal back then!

i take the guitar signal strait from my Boss Me 50...

Same problem here! Funny thing is, if you play while turning the computer off, then just before it shuts down everything works fine.

Anyway, for me it works when I use line in. What Sound Card do you have? My problem started out of nowhere as yours. I assume it's a driver problem or something.

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2004, 11:57:32 AM »

yeah... thats the deal, i use the intergrated (spelling) sound card.
but i have a Creative LIVE! soundblaster, but i dont use it... 2 weeks ago it just stopped working.... but ll try it again...

maybe its the damned soundcard wich is the problem, tnx!  ok

Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2004, 12:33:18 PM »

but i have a Creative LIVE! soundblaster, but i dont use it... 2 weeks ago it just stopped working.... but ll try it again...

I think I have the problem solved, if you have the Creative Soundblaster connected, sine that's my deal also, I have an integrated sound card (disabled from bios) and I use Creative LIVE! soundblaster now, so I would guess they interfere somehow..  right?

Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2004, 12:36:20 PM »

I think I have the problem solved, if you have the Creative Soundblaster connected, sine that's my deal also, I have an integrated sound card (disabled from bios) and I use Creative LIVE! soundblaster now, so I would guess they interfere somehow..  right?

when you say disabled from BIOS, you do something in that little menu thingie by pressing F8 in the start up? or should i just disable it by rightcliking on  My Computer and that shit? ill try that first though.... ill do that right now in fact.

ill be back in 4hours with my result  peace

Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2004, 12:51:38 PM »

when you say disabled from BIOS, you do something in that little menu thingie by pressing F8 in the start up? or should i just disable it by rightcliking on  My Computer and that shit? ill try that first though.... ill do that right now in fact.

ill be back in 4hours with my result  peace

it's that f8 menu, but it doesn't work for me, but since I take my effects from my pedal, and just use my computer to route the signal to the amplifier the line in-input works just fine for me  Grin. I have some effect programs (Guitar FX etc) but they don't do any effects on line in signal.

Anyway It could be far fetched, but I would try to take the Soundblaster off completely and see how it works from there. You know, disconnect it  Wink

darkmonth
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2004, 04:45:58 PM »

It's called 'latency', and when it comes to people doing music with a SoundBlaster Live, or Audigy card, I am the fuckin' master.  Send me a short message describing your software, including the drivers you are using for your soundcard, the exact soundcard model, and the recording software.  I will send you info on how to get this shit working like a pro studio (albeit with lower grade input/output signal... but thats a card limitation).

Smiley
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2004, 05:11:37 PM »

i fixed it.... i just used the LIVE! Value card instead. it works now... weird... :p thanks anyway!  peace

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: