Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:09:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Nice Boys Don't Play Rock And Roll
| | |-+  B.C Rich Mockingbird SL
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: B.C Rich Mockingbird SL  (Read 8927 times)
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« on: April 04, 2004, 02:23:17 PM »

I'm looking for the slash model of the bc rich mockingbird, does anybody know how much these go for and any ideas where to pick one up?
kockstar99
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2004, 04:37:30 PM »

Is that the bad ass Red one he used in the You could be mine video??
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2004, 06:34:37 PM »

I remember downloading a pdf file from the BC Rich website a while ago that had the model in it.  I think it was around $1800 or something.
I'm not sure if they were limited edition or not but if they were and aren't selling any more then you probably won't have much luck finding one.

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2004, 06:50:03 PM »

Yes it is the badass red one.

Miz - Any advice on which model I should go for at the upper range of ?600ish?
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2004, 06:54:40 PM »

a normal BH Rich mockingbird is kinda cheap...

6000/7000NOK... so devide that with 7 and you get US dollars... ca

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
kockstar99
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2004, 08:59:02 PM »

I saw that original Slash Guitar in the Hard Rock Hotel in Bali Indonesia...

BC Rich makes some bad ass looking guitars...  maybe BCRich.com you can browse and find it or one similar to it... they seem to make alot of different styles...
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2004, 09:24:28 PM »

Well, they do two neck thru mockingbirds which are about ?600 I think.  I think it's the NJ series.  There's a natural finish with a hardtail and a trans-red with a floyd (licensed though, not original).

Don't know what it sounds like, or what the pups are like though, but they could easily be changed.

Thing is, I think just about all the BC Rich's you get in your local music shop are probably far east imports, not the original USA ones so you don't know what the quality is like til you've played it.

But seeing as we're not all millionaire's these seem pretty good.  As long as you get the neck thru one, because I think they do a bolt on NJ series, and...well...you don't really want a bolt on...

Just one more thing (sorry to drag on) is that they're 25.5" scale...which I don't really get on with.  I much prefer shorter scales, so if you're accustomed to Gibsons then you might not like it that much.

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2004, 05:56:37 PM »

Thanks Smiley yeah, i was looking at the neck thru.  And drag on all you want - I like to know everything!  I just love the way they look and sound.

Seriously, thanks. Grin
kockstar99
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2004, 07:39:37 PM »

whats wrong with bolt on necks???
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2004, 12:45:26 AM »

i have always wanted a real red mockingbirt too, but first i'll get that long awaited les paul std.

i'm sure you want a red one and that this might be a little over the price range you are looking for, but this one is really nice..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3715483523&category=33035

if you haven't seen it already...

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2004, 08:27:36 PM »

Thanks Smiley yeah, i was looking at the neck thru.  And drag on all you want - I like to know everything!  I just love the way they look and sound.

Seriously, thanks. Grin
No problem dude [ok]

whats wrong with bolt on necks???
Hmm..well...small neck mass...generally poor neck joints...will break on you relativly easily...etc..

But the main thing I don't like about them is that I don't have enough money to get a decent guitar.... hihi

kockstar99
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2004, 08:35:18 PM »

Hmm..well...small neck mass...generally poor neck joints...will break on you relativly easily...etc..

But the main thing I don't like about them is that I don't have enough money to get a decent guitar.... hihi

oh ok.. i guess i didnt know to look for that.. BTW I have been playing guitar for about 4 years now and i have a squire strat.. I dont really like this guitar anymore.. sick of the way it looks, sounds, etc,...

I want to buy a Epiphone Les Paul.. Is this a good guitar? I dont have 1800 dollars to blow on the Gibson model... Seems you know alot more about guitars than I do,... what do you think of this guitar..I thought i knew enough after 4 years of playing but if someone knows more ill listen!! please give me a review of this guitar..
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2004, 09:01:00 PM »

I want to buy a Epiphone Les Paul.. Is this a good guitar? I dont have 1800 dollars to blow on the Gibson model... Seems you know alot more about guitars than I do,... what do you think of this guitar..I thought i knew enough after 4 years of playing but if someone knows more ill listen!! please give me a review of this guitar..
Well, Epiphones vary a lot in quality across their model range and even within them.

I mean, the really cheap ones are just trash really.  But the mid priced ones are probably the best.  Becuase there's no real point paying for an Epi LP custom.  I mean, you pay for the fittings on a Custom if you've got money to burn...so it'd be dumb to pay more for an Epi custom.

If you're gonna buy an Epi, I suggest you visit every guitar shop you can, and play every single one they have in stock.  Because Epiphones are built in about 6 different factories in the far east, and the quality can vary quite a bit.  Also, you never know, you might get lucky and find a really nice sounding hunk of wood.

But, if I had to recommend a good value guitar, I'd say Dean's or Jacksons (and some ibanez's if that's what you're into).  Dean's are probably better, because they're not living off their name as much, and are actually owned by a guy who likes to build guitars, not just make money.  And Jacksons often make the body wings out of Poplar.

kockstar99
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2004, 01:20:44 AM »

, you pay for the fittings on a Custom if you've got money to burn...so it'd be dumb to pay more for an Epi custom.

I dont understand what Custom Fittings are??  what can be custom about one thats not the same as the other one?? thanks...  the ones i saw were about 500 dollars.. are they really that different than the Gibson model??
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2004, 03:59:30 PM »

, you pay for the fittings on a Custom if you've got money to burn...so it'd be dumb to pay more for an Epi custom.

I dont understand what Custom Fittings are??  what can be custom about one thats not the same as the other one?? thanks...  the ones i saw were about 500 dollars.. are they really that different than the Gibson model??
Well, Custom's basically having exrtra binding, on the front and back, sometimes gold plated hardware, ebony fingerboards, and they used to be all mahogany, oh and block inlays.  What I mean is, these things (except and all mahogany body...which always seemed odd to me) are extra luxuries...I mean, your basically paying more money for extra bits of plastic around your body.  But, if you're on a budget to start with, and are gonna buy an epiphone...theres no point in getting a custom, you'd be better off finding a decent LP studio.

The main difference between the Epis and the Gibson's (design wise..not build quality) is that the Epi's have a maple veneer slice glued to the top, rather than a thick maple cap, which makes it look nice but does sod all for the tone.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: