Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 01:38:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228015 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl?s treatment of fans in the past
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl?s treatment of fans in the past  (Read 8645 times)
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2004, 03:00:42 PM »

It's not all bad stuff:

June 13th, 1992 - Brian May joins GN'R at Wembley Stadium in front of 72,000 people to perform Queen's "Tie Your Mother Down" and "We Will Rock You".
This show is regarded as the hottest show on the tour so far. During the show Axl has one trouble-making drunken fan removed from the crowd. Later he stops the show so that security can help a young girl, who he spots in distress at the front of the crowd.

---

Grin

/jarmo

I wonder why there is no footage of the wembley shows? That would be kickass

well I guess you haven't seen "Bohemian Rhapsody" with Axl and Elton and Axl singing "we will rock you". They are all  over the Kazaa.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2004, 03:10:49 PM by John Daniels » Logged
jaknudsen
Rocker

I'm a mule!

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2004, 03:02:39 PM »

I wonder why there is no footage of the wembley shows? That would be kickass

opening acts: Soundgarden, Faith No More
set: It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Bad Obsession, Attitude, You Could Be Mine, Wild Horses [Intro] / Patience, Double Talkin' Jive, Civil War, Welcome To The Jungle, Nightrain, It's Alright [Intro] / November Rain, Drum Solo, Guitar Solo, Godfather Theme, Sail Away Sweet Sister / Bad Time [Intro] / Sweet Child O' Mine, Only Women Bleed [Intro] / Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Tie Your Mother Down [w/ Brian May], We Will Rock You [w/ Brian May], Don't Cry, Paradise City
attendance: 72,000
audio/video recording?: audio, video [incomplete]
notes: Great Queen covers! Special guest performance by Brian May.

Taken from gnrontour.com Smiley

looooooooove's sooooo straaange

2006-06-28 Oslo, NOR
2010-06-02 Oslo, NOR
2018-07-19 Oslo, NOR
2022-06-15 Stavanger, NOR
GNR - CROATIA
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2004, 09:08:50 PM »

OK,  when we go with info from www.gnrontour.com,  just for sake of Jarmo and couple of others,  a FACT has to be mentioned.

8 June 91. '..... a fan jumps on the stage and charges towards Axl.    Two security guys jump on him and as they hold him,  Axl stomps on him twice!!!!'.  

True,   anyone who gets on stage is a potential danger for entertainer.
BUT,  if the guy bought the ticket,  he most probably was dead drunk and just wanted to shake Axl hand.
It is mostly upon entertainer to have him stay there or be dragged off.
BUT TO STOMP ON HIM TWICE WHILE SECURITY HOLDS HIM!?Huh

Such person is insine no matter if his name is Axl Rose or whatever the fuck else.
Rainbow Warrior
Headliner

Appetite for Rock!

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2004, 07:03:07 AM »

Yeah, and what about this:

"When the band finally hit the stage with ?You Could Be Mine? the effect was like that of a pressure valve being engaged, the steam from the increasingly impatient crowd being released at last. (-) Next came Izzy?s chance to shine, as Axl handed over the microphone for ?Dust And Bones?. But seconds into the song Axl barked an order and the band shuddered to an ugly halt. The incensed singer pointed out someone in the crowd who?s been giving me the middle-fingered salute, and demanded his immediate ejection from the arena. As members of the security staff climbed over seats to seize the offending party Axl screamed abuse at the sorry individual for a full five minutes, stamping his feet like a three-year-old having a tantrum.

You fucking asshole! You fucking scum! You think you?re tough, do you? You think it?s cool to give me the middle-finger, do you dickhead? Fucking dickhead! You wanna cause another St. Louis right? You wanna provoke me, huh? You want me to jump in the crowd and kick your ass, huh? Get the show abandoned, huh? Well, wrong! Wrong asshole! Wrong! Wrong! You?re going home, motherfucker! You?re going home right now! Fucking waste of money, huh? You?ve just wasted 30 bucks, asshole! We?re gonna have a good time here tonight, and you are going home, motherfucking asshole!

When the abuse had stopped the band tried to pick up the pieces of Izzy?s long-forgotten song, and the roadies on the mixing desk exchanged relieved smiles. Izzy, however, simply looked pissed off." (Putterford - page 71-72)

What a nice guy Axl was.  Roll Eyes
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2004, 07:41:06 AM »

Yeah, and what about this:

"When the band finally hit the stage with ?You Could Be Mine? the effect was like that of a pressure valve being engaged, the steam from the increasingly impatient crowd being released at last. (-) Next came Izzy?s chance to shine, as Axl handed over the microphone for ?Dust And Bones?. But seconds into the song Axl barked an order and the band shuddered to an ugly halt. The incensed singer pointed out someone in the crowd who?s been giving me the middle-fingered salute, and demanded his immediate ejection from the arena. As members of the security staff climbed over seats to seize the offending party Axl screamed abuse at the sorry individual for a full five minutes, stamping his feet like a three-year-old having a tantrum.

You fucking asshole! You fucking scum! You think you?re tough, do you? You think it?s cool to give me the middle-finger, do you dickhead? Fucking dickhead! You wanna cause another St. Louis right? You wanna provoke me, huh? You want me to jump in the crowd and kick your ass, huh? Get the show abandoned, huh? Well, wrong! Wrong asshole! Wrong! Wrong! You?re going home, motherfucker! You?re going home right now! Fucking waste of money, huh? You?ve just wasted 30 bucks, asshole! We?re gonna have a good time here tonight, and you are going home, motherfucking asshole!

When the abuse had stopped the band tried to pick up the pieces of Izzy?s long-forgotten song, and the roadies on the mixing desk exchanged relieved smiles. Izzy, however, simply looked pissed off." (Putterford - page 71-72)

What a nice guy Axl was.  Roll Eyes

What? Where you the one that was kicked out or something? Crybaby. Was that Axl tamtrum thingy something new to you or...?  hihi

There are good things, there are bad things and there are things in the middle. The press usually points out the bad coz they don't have nothing better to do. Besides: Axl is Axl. End of discussion

« Last Edit: April 08, 2004, 08:09:38 AM by Dont Try Me » Logged

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
Crowebar
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2004, 03:57:52 PM »

8 June 91. '..... a fan jumps on the stage and charges towards Axl.    Two security guys jump on him and as they hold him,  Axl stomps on him twice!!!!'.  

BUT TO STOMP ON HIM TWICE WHILE SECURITY HOLDS HIM!?Huh

Fuck yeah!!! yes ok

I would've stomped on him 5 fucking times!!!!! Grin beer smoking

That's great!!! Good for you Ax-Hole!!! nervous confused
Rebecca Duff Rose
Roxi McK
VIP

Kool Ranch Dres'ing

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2004, 04:31:35 PM »

Does this not bore you?

Axl did this... Axl did that!!!  confused
I'm sorry but the whole Axl thing is getting boring!  nervous

SLASH- "Guitar solos are back," he said with a grin through his long, curly mane.
GNR- The hardworking band that once called themselves FAMILY!!!
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: