Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 03:32:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227804 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Buckethead-Atlanta-I'm shocked and depressed
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Buckethead-Atlanta-I'm shocked and depressed  (Read 8945 times)
madagas
« on: April 15, 2004, 11:18:34 PM »

Well, just back from the show. Hmmmm...boys and girls, friend and foe, this motherfucker is a bad son of a bitch. Booker, Falcon, et al....get over his solo records, his cover band playing of old Gnr songs, and just go see him let loose..up close and personal..two feet from the stage and you cannot imagine the skill and passion. I am 37 years old and have been to A LOT of shows ranging from Halen and Rush in the early eighties to Dylan just the other night to 7 Guns shows back in the day to all the grunge bands..nobody has ever handled an axe like that. He plays anything and everything..from ferocious classic rock riffs to eclectic avante garde noise to speed metal mayhem. It is beyond impressive. Axl needs this guy in a big way..not to play the old stuff but to create the new. The other guys, Finck and Fortus and whoever, can come up with the basic gameplan. Buckethead is a finisher, an executioner, who can fill in all the gaps and take the music to another level. I really know little about Bucket except for a cursory review of a few albums. Tonight was really all I needed to see to know that the "new" Gnr is complete hogwash without this guy. Good night. Grin ps I love the old band and the new. If I can't have Slash and Izzy, then I want Bucket and whoever the hell else. Believe me, after seeing him do his own thing, you really don't need much else. Grin
« Last Edit: April 15, 2004, 11:27:26 PM by madagas » Logged
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2004, 11:33:15 PM »

Amen, Madagas!!  Caught him last friday in NYC here and sweet jeebus!!!  Unfathomable how much technical precision he plays with!! There were so many occassions throught the set where I found myself in awe of his brilliance, I actually sat there unconscious to the fact that my mouth was wide open....So freaking phenomenal words can't describe nor do justice...That red toggle switch that cuts the frequency in and out was used so creatively on some of those dirty funk riffs... drool
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2004, 11:36:37 PM »

madagas...  YOU depressed me now dude
I never saw a bhead solo show, didn?t know him before he joins GNR and I bacame a fan of his work IN GNR after he became a GNR member.

I know that is could be a matter of taste, YOU could like this guy and others don?t, but you in your 37 years of music you know what you talking about... I?m 22 and I?m waiting for axl and the new gnr, and like I said in other thread, I thou that BHEAD was a important part of this new band and now he?s gone... what can I say? "COM ?ON AXL" ?!?! no...  no

crying

madagas
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2004, 11:45:53 PM »

Oneway, yes, that red switch was quite impressive and produced a wicked sound. It is hard to hear some of the things he was playing and not imagine them being incorporated in to a traditional rock setting..they were just too nasty. Rnt, you should be depressed. This guy is the real fucking deal. He did a lot of his robotic moves but also did some Hendrix type grooves and moves. I'm floored.  drool
cineater
Legend

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2004, 12:36:24 AM »

Yeah he's great but I don't think he's coming back.

Bye Bucket.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2004, 12:55:32 AM »

I know what you mean, I saw the second (first really) Gnr show it Seattle in '02 having no real idea about Buckethead, never having heard of him other than he was in Gnr and wore a bucket on his head.  I am a guitar player, and I didn't really notice/pay attention to him until his solo.  When I heard his solo my mouth dropped.  I finally realized how fuckin' awesome he was.  I don't know how Axl can go on without Bucket if he's planning to rerecord anything Bucket recorded, I don't know who he could get to do it ...

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2004, 12:58:36 AM »

Well, just back from the show. Hmmmm...boys and girls, friend and foe, this motherfucker is a bad son of a bitch. Booker, Falcon, et al....

Well, er...um..thanks for the mention, but I don't really have any idea what the hell you're talking about....

Happy to see you enjoyed the show though...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2004, 07:24:27 AM »

YEA! I knew you'd like it...awesome isn't it... Grin
Did ya get a toy? LOL! Did you hang for Particle? Did he jam with Particle? Did he do his nun-chucks? Woo Hoo! I'm so glad you liked it!!!!!
madagas
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2004, 08:25:12 AM »

He did his dance..did not stay for Particle...no, I did not get a toy and my daughter will be mad at me. ps. That hair is faker than fake. He is one tall skinny fucker. Those hands are absolutely sick.  beer
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2004, 02:36:12 PM »

Well he's had 5 years in GNR, either he's worked his magic on the album (in which case he's not needed any more) or he hasn't (in which case he was never needed)

Its a real blow he's gone, i never realised how much i valued his involevement untill he quit........

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: