Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:30:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GNN - GN'R News Network
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses mention in May 2004 Blender
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses mention in May 2004 Blender  (Read 4878 times)
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« on: April 18, 2004, 01:08:23 PM »

Yeah, I know Blender is a shitty magazine, but my roommate gets it so I usually flip through it for a few minutes before tossing it.  There's a short (with nothing new) Gn'R article:

--
Will Guns N' Roses' Chinese Democracy ever come out?

Guns N' Roses have been working on their new CD for so long that it increasingly seems possible actual Chinese democracy may become a reality before we ever get to hear the album of the same name.

Eric Romano, who runs the fan site mygnr.com, claims that "My hopes are up for a 2004 release."  But his hopes were probably also up back in 1999, the year Axl Rose promised that the new album, the band's first since 1991's Use Your Ilussion sets, would soon be delivered.

Alas, by that October, all the group had managed to come up with was an album title.  Five years later, in the plus column, we know there's a substantial amount of more-or-less completed songs, including "Rhiad and the Bedouins," "Madagascar" and "The Blues," all of which GN'R have performed at their sporadic live concerts.  And Rose himself has no doubts about the record eventually seeing the light of day.  "I would not say that soon is the world," he told MTV in 2002.  "But [the album] will come out."

Finally, the only precedent for a record by a band of GN'R's stature not being released is the Beach Boys' Smile, and most of that is now available in one form or another.  "Chinese Democracy will be released," former GN'R guitarist Gilby Clarke informs Blender.  "Then we can see why the hell Axl broke up one of the best rock bands."

Answer: YES (just don't hold your breath)
--

There's also a picture of Axl holding a Coors Light with the text "Axl drinks to forget.... his haircut"

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
DizzyReed63
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2004, 10:52:27 AM »

Hey, I agree Blender is a shitty music magazine, that exhuastively tries to make fun of bands and musicians (especially gnr), unless it's Kurt Cobain or course.

GnR is mentioned a ton in this issue.
A review of the Greatest Hits gets a 2/5 stars.. and although the basis is right, they have to insert lowblows at Axl in the short article.

A review of Welcome to the Videos DVD. 2/5 stars, says the band had bloated videos, blah blah.

And of course you'll find you're typical "axl is fat/bloated" comments scattered.

Apparently Gilby Clarke has insight into the CD project?!
And it's funny how the writer got all his info from a gnr fan site, and he didn't use this one!
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2004, 06:57:33 PM »

maybe gilby DID replace buckethead??  hihi

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2004, 05:45:17 AM »

I wouldnt read any of the shit blender says

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2004, 01:13:07 PM »

« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 12:54:09 PM by volcano62 » Logged

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2004, 09:57:12 PM »

IMO Guns N' Roses never realy replaced Slash, sure Brain is a great tight drummer who's still kinda young, "Axl worshiper" Tommy Stinson has the same groove Duff did, Richard Fortus and Finck are great playing Izzy's parts(just as good as Gilby) but what about a lead guitarist?Huh Finck is not a lead guitarist.

oh yeah.. that explains why Robin Finck is one of the lead guitarist of GNR.... Robin fuck's so did slash (alot)

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: