Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:23:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Why GNR covered C. Manson ?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why GNR covered C. Manson ?  (Read 69293 times)
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #100 on: October 24, 2005, 06:47:15 PM »

"Jack" is a sly reference to Ole Blue Eyes himself, Frank Sinatra.

When Frankie did his duets album with such alumni as Bono, Axl really wanted to be on it but Frank said he'd never sing with such a whining little suck as Axl Rose.

This, of course, pissed Axl off immensely. ?rant rofl

Hence the 'Jack' thing at the end of that murderers song. ?ok peace beer smoking

for starts (if true), great piece of info!!!! how the hell do you know that??..from where have you heard this kind of story and do you have anything that backs this story up??

Whaaa..... that is way too obscure. The only people who would know that Axl saying "Jack" was in reference to Sinatra would be Axl himself. There is no way that conclusion can be made here. Besides if that got out that Axl Rose insulted Frank by eluding to him in a Manson track, Axl would be swimming with the fishes. Sinatra had mob ties.

I always took it as a "hit the road Jack" kind of Jack thing. Like listen Jack, I own this town here ya see...

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
chinesedemocracy05
Banned
Rocker

SPRECHMAN!

« Reply #101 on: October 24, 2005, 09:44:31 PM »

I really think Look At Your Game Girl is a beautiful song. It's too bad they had to take the song from such a crazy asshole. I really like it though.

They just thought Id know better. Better.
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #102 on: October 25, 2005, 03:31:49 AM »

I always thought you didn't have to pay royalties for a cover song if it was unlisted? Because, if its unlisted/uncredited, that means no one is buying the CD for that song (in theory), therefore they don't have to get paid. That's also why lyrics of cover songs are rarely printed in CD booklets.

I could very well be wrong though.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I don't think you're right. If that was the case, why would anyone list the song? If you could avoid paying royalities that easily everyone would do it.

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #103 on: October 25, 2005, 03:33:23 AM »

Yeah, and that makes him bad as an artist? What the fuck is the point of the last post?

And why was this bumped from page 94 in the first place?

He's not a bad artist. He's just overrated, overvalued and gets way more attention than he deserves. Anways, his 15 minutes of fame expired in 1998, so I guess it's not an issue anyway.

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
shaun
« Reply #104 on: October 25, 2005, 03:45:54 AM »

Just wondering, would C.Mason have recieved any royalties?
...isn't he still in prison/jail -?-
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #105 on: October 25, 2005, 06:17:33 AM »

Just to clear things up. Here is a quote from Axl that hasnt been posted on here yet. Maybe this will put aside the talk about Axl supporting Charles Manson:

"Manson is a dark part of American culture and history. I wore the 'Charlie Don't Surf' t-shirt to make a statement because a lot of people enjoy playing me as the bad guy and the crazy. Sorry, I'm not that guy. I'm nothing like him. That's what I'm saying. There's a real difference in morals, values, and ethics between Manson and myself and that is 'Thou shall not kill', which I don't. I'm by no means a Manson expert or anything, but the things he's done are something I don't believe in. He's a sick individual. Look at Manson and then look at me. We are not the same. I think people think I'm crazy because I believe in telling the truth. I'll admit sometimes I don't do a perfect job of it, but my efforts are true."
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #106 on: October 25, 2005, 04:48:11 PM »

Pulled his dick out on stage? So did Jim Morrison. So have tons of metal guys.
That's not the prerogative of the metal or rocker dudes.

As early as in the first half of the 16th century Michelangelo dare drew that of Jesus on a chapel wall. The Ballet god (Blimy! Do I use this word for a human?) Nijinsky once did a wank on stage a century ago. Very old gimmick.
And the point of this post is Just me trying to show off my great knowledge! Heehaw! confused

Seriously I think he did this and that Because he liked the song and he was a believer in 'Art for art's sake' and the freedom of expression in the vein of the greats I name above.
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #107 on: October 25, 2005, 07:12:55 PM »

Just to clear things up. Here is a quote from Axl that hasnt been posted on here yet. Maybe this will put aside the talk about Axl supporting Charles Manson:

"Manson is a dark part of American culture and history. I wore the 'Charlie Don't Surf' t-shirt to make a statement because a lot of people enjoy playing me as the bad guy and the crazy. Sorry, I'm not that guy. I'm nothing like him. That's what I'm saying. There's a real difference in morals, values, and ethics between Manson and myself and that is 'Thou shall not kill', which I don't. I'm by no means a Manson expert or anything, but the things he's done are something I don't believe in. He's a sick individual. Look at Manson and then look at me. We are not the same. I think people think I'm crazy because I believe in telling the truth. I'll admit sometimes I don't do a perfect job of it, but my efforts are true."

Its a nice qoute but still wearing the different Manson shirts and covering the song starts to look more like an obsession then just a image statement. Manson also likes to say he tells the truth. Actually he says that in just about every interveiw.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: