Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 04:00:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227795 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R Behind THe Music is supposedly being produced.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R Behind THe Music is supposedly being produced.  (Read 67626 times)
Dizzy
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2004, 05:50:50 PM »

I doubt it'll ever happen, because what's the point if neither Axl or Slash want to be interviewed?  That's what makes the show worth watching, interviews and retrospective insight from band members.  A BTM show without the two most recognizable members of GNR would be as bad as that godawful Sex, Drugs, and Rock n Roll DVD.

And VH-1 can air one without Axl's or Slash's consent, if they own the broadcast rights to certain GNR footage.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2004, 09:42:53 PM by Dizzy » Logged
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2004, 05:57:34 PM »

I don't think Axl and Slash hate each other, they just hate working with each other.

Not sure why personal animosity would interefere in a BTM.

To be honest i would prefer one interview with Axl where he gives a release date.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2004, 06:19:15 PM »

Geez, it'd have to be a 4-hour special, as much as GNR's been through...

Maybe a BTM series!!! 50 episodes: First one about the early stages and the AFD era,second one about the UYI era,and the other 48,well...

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2004, 09:11:42 PM »

Why would Slash care now? he's in a new band with albums to push.

My biggest fear is a huge expose on Axl's 'ego' and his inability to do anything with the CD album.  All this without Rose's interviews.

As for Guns footage, i think they could dig up enough festival footage (Freddie Merc, Rio....)to make a 60 min special.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2004, 09:13:33 PM by killingvector » Logged

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
axls#2
Fire, fire, fire
VIP

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2004, 01:06:07 AM »

You'd think axl would love to do one of these, then he get say what he has to say to set himself straight. Unless he knows theres no way he can do that because most things are true?

What Goes around comes around!
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2004, 05:32:40 AM »

I heard that too, i hope they make it it'd be awesome peace

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2004, 06:19:38 PM »

I saw an Elton John BTM,and after showing the Freddie Mercury tribute concert performance with Axl,Elton said:"Axl,I know you've been doing some gigs,but it's time to release that album"

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
Ted Nugent
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2004, 07:41:33 PM »

It would be amazing if Axl where to sit down with VH1 and do a proper interview, how long has it been since he's done an interview like that?  It was good to hear him talk after the VMA's but that was hardly an in depth interview.

It would be better if they waited till CD was released before they did the show because those shows always follow the same plot.  A band is successful, they have problems but they get through it and start making music again.  CD would be a good ending for it.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2004, 08:27:05 AM »

Here's the response from my friend:

"asked around. nobody i talked to has heard about it. probably not true."

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
patvalley
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2004, 01:06:19 PM »

To clear this up: the Metallica BTM came out in either 1998 or 1999. I remember that the last item covered in the show was either "Garage, Inc." or "S&M" (however if they even covered "S&M", it was very brief).

Hope this helps in some way. Although it looks like the GNR BTM is probably not true. Huh
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2004, 01:53:15 PM »

Lies! The shocking Truth!

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2004, 03:20:02 PM »

I used to live in Lafayette, IN and I worked at a record store in which Axl used to shop at, Shannon Hoon too.  Anyway, VH1 called the owner in the spring of 03 and wanted to interview him about Axl being from IN and all that jazz.  Long story short, VH1 never showed for the interview, they called back and rescheduled and didn't show again.  
SLCPUNK
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2004, 05:24:48 PM »

CD will probably come out first. yes
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2004, 10:52:24 PM »

Listening to Camp Freddy Radio, Dave Navarro mentioned he filmed a segment for it 2 days ago...

Matt said he was not asked to participate..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
axls#2
Fire, fire, fire
VIP

« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2004, 11:07:14 PM »

That's pretty awesome. I wonder when it will air? I'm assuming it will probably air timed around VR's release. If they have Navarro, I wonder if it's gonna be about the early day's when Jane's and GN'R were coming up together or if it's gonna be about his time with Axl? Maybe or probably both, I'd be interested to here what the rest of you think about that. MY only concern is, If Axl won't do it, it's not really worth doing, and would be a bad move on axl's part, they could talk all they want about him. But I highly doubt axl would want to help promote VR's new album.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2004, 11:12:54 PM by axls#2 » Logged

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2004, 11:16:34 PM »

They actually played "Oh My God", which Dave mentioned he played guitars on.  

Dave said Axl would call the studio and from the speakerphone he'd tell Dave to "play with more feeling"..

That said, Dave at one point he almost accepted Axl's offer to play in the band back in 92-93. ...Matt confirmed Axl's facination with Navarro and Janes Addiction, during the UYI days, Axl had Janes posters plastered all over his dressing room..

Matt said he hated "Oh My God" at first because he wasn't in the band, but since then it had grown on him, especially likes the guitars..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2004, 11:19:38 PM »

Thats great, not having matt involved at all. Whats next, slash not being mentioned?

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
axls#2
Fire, fire, fire
VIP

« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2004, 11:21:11 PM »

They actually played "Oh My God", which Dave mentioned he played guitars on.  

Dave said Axl would call the studio and from the speakerphone he'd tell Dave to "play with more feeling"..

hmm.. That's one thing I haven't heard that sounds kind of odd. No wonder it's taking so long if that's the way things are in the studio.

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2004, 11:23:20 PM »

Not sure about who else is involved in BTM, but for the most part they spoke very positively about GNR, a few jabs at Axl, nothing too personal though.

Matt said he and Axl used to have "so much fun" it was it was insane.  He said the memories are "surreal"..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

alwaysoutparading
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2004, 11:26:16 PM »

Heyyy now...

wasn't there a rumor awhile ago about how a GNR BTM would coincide with chinese democracy? i doubt it has much to do with vr as matt wasn't asked to contribute. I wonder if Slash, Duff or Izzy had any part in this. interesting....
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: