Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:04:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Nice Boys Don't Play Rock And Roll
| | |-+  Digital Les Paul
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Digital Les Paul  (Read 2100 times)
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« on: May 03, 2004, 12:10:06 AM »

Does anyone know much about these new digital Les Pauls?

I was under the impression that it just transferred the signal digitally, and that was about it.  After reading this fox news article: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,118752,00.html, I found out it does a lot more.

It also allows the player to control the sound of each string. For example, the guitarist can have a heavy metal crunch on the low strings, medium distortion on the middle strings and a clean sound on the high strings.

That sounds really cool, I'd like to hear what that sounds like.  The guitars aren't cheap.  Has anyone here been lucky enough to try one out?

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2004, 07:21:57 PM »

I saw this ages ago.  It looks pretty cool, but it won't catch on because of the price tag.  Yamaha do a similar thing, where each string can be sent to a different place.  EVH talked about it in the late 90's and I think Martin Taylor sends his bottom strings to one side and his top strings to the other side so it sounds like two people.

If the price came down and it was publicised more it could catch on.  Unfortunatly Gibson have failed to notice that the Les Paul is a 50 year old design and doesn't neccessarily suit the forefront of technological advances.  I mean you still can't use the top 5 frets without a stretch and there aren't even 24 of them. (Sorry..i get a little bitchy)

Downside is, uneducated vintage guitar diehards will probably turn their noses up at the word "digital".

Ah well...i'd like one anyway...

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: