Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 11:51:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Slash & Duff to sue Axl!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash & Duff to sue Axl!  (Read 71788 times)
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2004, 04:12:43 AM »

To me, being in a band is like a buissiness and if you quit the buissiness,your out and who ever's still in has a say. Being Axl is still in the band and he's the only dude from the first two albums, IMO he can do as he pleases,  
Slash n' Duff are still getting paid for the stuff but they quit.To me that means they want nothing to do with future plans.
Why now!! Angry

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2004, 04:16:20 AM »

Fuck those greedy bastards

U have just witnesses the end of any possibility of a future reunion

If Axl didn't despise them before - he does now

Well done Slash! Guess he's lost confidence in VR and feels he needs money from elsewhere.....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2004, 04:33:03 AM »

Well done Slash! Guess he's lost confidence in VR and feels he needs money from elsewhere.....
[/quote

Slash n' Duff never made much money outside of GNR, so they team up n' start a band and spread the word"we're lookin' for a singer!!!!"
n' now this Roll Eyes

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
audjon
Rocker

It's a bit cold here...

« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2004, 04:43:51 AM »

If slash had his way, we would be seeing gn'r on the "queer eye for the straight guy" soundtrack.  

Maybe 'One in a Million'?

Gle?i, gle?i, gle?i
Au?j?n
SunKing278
Headliner

The loveliest girls are always in your GN'R

« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2004, 04:55:09 AM »

I have a feeling Slash and Duff are probably not the most legally savvy people in the world.  After all these years, some lawyer pointed out to them that they have the right to collect royalties on the old GNR songs, since they had a hand in writing them; obviously they're going to want to collect.  And I hope they win this lawsuit.  GNR belongs as much to them as it does to Axl, and who the fuck does Axl think he is walking around like Jesus Christ, like he was the be-all and end-all of this band??  Can anyone here give a good reason why Slash, Duff, and anyone else involved in GNR (the real GNR that is) shouldn't have a say in how the old songs are used?  You know, they could have benefited tremendously from having a "Welcome to the Jungle" used in "Blackhawk Down."  It was their song, and Axl's too.  It belongs to all of them!  Why the hell should Axl alone decide how these songs are used?  I just think Slash and Duff are sick and tired of Axl's bullshit once and for all and probably do want to screw him over.  Fine; Axl's shitted on these guys one times too many, enough is enough.  While I would prefer to see them all getting along, Axl made that impossible a long time ago.  Slash, Duff, and all the other GNR members (again, the REAL Gunners, not the mindless idiots Axl has playing with him now) deserve to benefit financially from their legacy.  Fuck you Axl for trying to screw them out of what is rightfully theirs.

ccorn69
VIP

Dreaming and waiting

« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2004, 04:58:43 AM »

If slash had his way, we would be seeing gn'r on the "queer eye for the straight guy" soundtrack.  

Maybe 'One in a Million'?

now that  would be funny hihi

it sucks that nobody in the parties can act like adults, hopefully they settle out of court.  I mean there are somethings a GNR song would fit in, but then you dont want to licence out GNR songs from the back catalog to everybody who comes asking for the song.  But hey I guess its buisness, they are talking about large sums of money  Embarrassed

peace peace

Thats not Stardust on my feet...
Mattgnr
Rocker

I'm a llama and very proud

« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2004, 05:00:30 AM »

I have a feeling Slash and Duff are probably not the most legally savvy people in the world.  After all these years, some lawyer pointed out to them that they have the right to collect royalties on the old GNR songs, since they had a hand in writing them; obviously they're going to want to collect.  And I hope they win this lawsuit.  GNR belongs as much to them as it does to Axl, and who the fuck does Axl think he is walking around like Jesus Christ, like he was the be-all and end-all of this band??  Can anyone here give a good reason why Slash, Duff, and anyone else involved in GNR (the real GNR that is) shouldn't have a say in how the old songs are used?  You know, they could have benefited tremendously from having a "Welcome to the Jungle" used in "Blackhawk Down."  It was their song, and Axl's too.  It belongs to all of them!  Why the hell should Axl alone decide how these songs are used?  I just think Slash and Duff are sick and tired of Axl's bullshit once and for all and probably do want to screw him over.  Fine; Axl's shitted on these guys one times too many, enough is enough.  While I would prefer to see them all getting along, Axl made that impossible a long time ago.  Slash, Duff, and all the other GNR members (again, the REAL Gunners, not the mindless idiots Axl has playing with him now) deserve to benefit financially from their legacy.  Fuck you Axl for trying to screw them out of what is rightfully theirs.

I agree!  Just imagine, someone screwing you out of shit loads of money, and it might not even be about the money.  Principles for one.

Put yourselves in Slash's and Duff's position.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2004, 05:18:49 AM by Mattgnr » Logged
starchild_666
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2004, 06:20:43 AM »

Haha maybe they'll all be in court together.........does that count as a reunion?

LOL not unless they sing.
that would be fun  Grin
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2004, 06:36:20 AM »

Hey Conny, want me to shove my arm up your ass?

Edit: Want me to ban your ass? /jarmo
« Last Edit: May 04, 2004, 09:21:30 AM by jarmo » Logged

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
gezm
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2004, 08:09:19 AM »

Im Glad there doing it dont let axl get away with eveything

PEOPLE AXL IS NOT!!!! GUNS N ROSES!!! New fans u know shit fair play
all u do is bitch

guns n roses are no more axl's gone for good now

slash and duff deserve to play what songs thay like ! guns n roses wouldent of been what thay are with out slash duff and izzy steve not so much no axl
anyone could of frounted them and we would know the difference now
we'd just like somone else!  ok beer
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2004, 08:29:39 AM »

Fuck those greedy bastards

U have just witnesses the end of any possibility of a future reunion

If Axl didn't despise them before - he does now

well..I wouldn't blame Slash & Duff too much 'cause of fighting for their rights.
TIPSY
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2004, 08:34:30 AM »

You lot are amazing.

This is clearly a move by VR because they have once again run out of money to fund their project.

Someone needs to find the quote from Slash stating that the reason for all the delays with VR is because they ran out of cash.

And now they are suing Axl for the tune of one mil?  Sounds like they want Axl to fund their tour.

What a bunch of double talkin' jive motherfuckers Slash and Duff are.  First, they claim how they have moved on.

What did Slash just say in Guitar world just last week?  "Anything that happens between Axl and I is personal".

Slash is a nutcase.  Duff is an idiot.

Give it a rest.  Leave Axl alone.  You stupid fucks left HIM.  

Get off the heroin/crack pipe and see reality. rant
madagas
« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2004, 08:38:14 AM »

This is a major power play on the part of Slash and Duff. You guys bicker back and forth when in reality, in the end, everyone involved is a rich spoiled rock star. THEY ARE ALL AT FAULT FOR THE LAWSUITS-THE BREAKUP-EVERYTHING. Get over it. These people are not your best friends!!! This is a big business and when $$ is involved, people become bitter and greedy. Axl has driven the brand name GNR in to the dirt. Slash and Duff were too stoned and stupid to realize the mistake they made when they signed the name over. Everyone has fucked this thing up. It is a stereotypical cliched played out rock and roll fiasco. Although I think Axl will win, if by chance he loses, you have the potential to see him forced in to using a new band name-which is probably good in my opinion at this point. This is just too comical, but could turn deadly serious if a Judge rules he doesn't control the brand name and rights. Undecided
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2004, 08:42:19 AM »

You lot are amazing.

This is clearly a move by VR because they have once again run out of money to fund their project.

Someone needs to find the quote from Slash stating that the reason for all the delays with VR is because they ran out of cash.

And now they are suing Axl for the tune of one mil?  Sounds like they want Axl to fund their tour.

What a bunch of double talkin' jive motherfuckers Slash and Duff are.  First, they claim how they have moved on.

What did Slash just say in Guitar world just last week?  "Anything that happens between Axl and I is personal".

Slash is a nutcase.  Duff is an idiot.

Give it a rest.  Leave Axl alone.  You stupid fucks left HIM.  

Get off the heroin/crack pipe and see reality. rant

I'd forgotten about their money probs but ur right - there was a big thig a while back about them running out of dosh and having to fire their damn assiatnt cos they couldn't afford to pay em

This is a cyncial way to pay for their tour and get some free publicity

I hope Axl buries them - this is a very sad day to be a GNR fan.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2004, 08:43:57 AM »

Huh?   Nooo.. You got it wrong.  Lemme explain... Currently they ALL have rights to the songs.   WITH THIS LAWSUIT THEY ARE TRYING TO TAKE AWAY AXL'S RIGHTS.  

So fuck THEM!!!!
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2004, 08:53:45 AM »

I hate to admit this but i'm kinda curious to see what the decision will be. Like Axl said at VMA 2002, this has not been done before, to change virtualy every band member, new roadies, new producers, new mixers...............

In reality Guns N' Roses should play Guns N' Roses songs, and Velvet Revolver should play Velvet Revolver songs. Slash and Duff chose to leave Axl high and dry, If the Anaheim Mighty Ducks won the cup this year, could Paul Kariya celebrate with 'em? NO FUCKIN' WAY.

And about the movies, besides Black Hawk Down they all sucked.

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
gezm
« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2004, 08:59:11 AM »

I hope slash and duff crush axl!!
he needs a wake up call  beer
kockstar99
« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2004, 09:01:07 AM »

What a bunch of crying ass bitches Slash and Duff have become... WTF??? Im fucking glad the GnR music is not in those fucking movies they listed... THEY FUCKING SUCKED!!!!

A rerecorded WTJ by the new band would have been awsome... and FUCK YOU SLASH and DUFF for blocking it.. ITS NOT YOUR BAND ANYMORE MOTHERFUCKERS!!! YOU QUIT!!! YOU RECIEVE ROYALTYS FROM THE SONGS ALREADY FOR THE PARTS YOU WROTE!!! Now fuck off already....

YOU HAVE YOUR OWN NEW BAND NOW MOTHERFUCKERS .. WORRY ABOUT THAT NOT GUNS N ROSES.....

Those motherfuckers piss me the fuck off... I was going to buy thier new CD ...but not now.. ill fucking download it or burn it from someone....

I guess they see that thier new songs are not as strong as they hoped... They had the chance to have a good new band if they had picked a good singer like Josh Todd .. Scott Weiland is a fucking dumb fuck fuck up who is a shitty ass singer as well..

They "are moving on" as they say and all the VR fans have said.. "They dont need GnR anymore"...

BULLSHIT! Thats why they fucking sue over the GNR songs, make a BTM special all within a month of their new album...

and opening the tour in St Louis is another fucking classy move... I can see the reviews for that show..."Last time they were in St Louis red headed front man punched a fan and a riot ensued, Now they are back with a new lineup and a new front man".... blah blah blah....

I was going to back the VR and hope they did well but now no.. and all you motherfuckers who say "VR doesnt need GnR to sell thier music" can go fuck yourself....

No wonder they need the old GnR songs... With songs like "Slither" or "Be the Ball" (hahah remember that shit)

That Contraband album will be a big dissapointment for you people that suck Slash and Duff and Matt's dick and bash Axl... Coz it will suck... Its going to be a piece of shit... The only good songs will be the ones that Izzy Wrote...

Slash is good at writing Solos and Riffs thats it.. His lyric writing is worse than fucking Hanson...

Izzy and Axl wrote all the good lyrics...

Now go ahead you mother fuckers and tell me who the fuck is moving on...

Who is Suing Who here.... Who shows up at the others concerts?? and goes to the press with it?Huh  not W Axl Rose... hes got his own band now...
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2004, 09:06:28 AM »

The only good songs will be the ones that Izzy Wrote...

Izzy's efforts don't feature on the album - maybe he will sue them for lost earnings hihi

Slash is good at writing Solos and Riffs thats it.. His lyric writing is worse than fucking Hanson...

Coma..........

Overal i agree with most of what u said (But not the language, c'mon no one's died)

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2004, 09:09:47 AM »

Killingvector you really are a sheep. It is incredibly obvious Axl screwed them out of untold millions when he took the GnR name...

He didn't TAKE shit from anyone.   rant
They can whine and bitch and moan about it now...
They blew it.  Case closed.

Axl fuckin' PAID good money for it...
money that THEY ingested into their persons in the form of various toxins, no doubt.

THIS LAWSUIT IS BULLSHIT!  they all have rights to the shit they wrote/created together.  What the fuck makes them think they can TAKE AWAY AXL'S RIGHTS?

FUCK THAT
FUCK THIS!
THIS MEANS WAR!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: