Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 01:39:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Slash & Duff to sue Axl!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash & Duff to sue Axl!  (Read 71800 times)
gezm
« Reply #60 on: May 04, 2004, 09:13:08 AM »

PEOPLE GROW UP!!!

WHO CARES WHAT ANYONE DOES ITS NOTHING TO DO WITH US
U SWAR ITS THE END OF THE WORLD!!!
insupportofaxl
Optimist
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #61 on: May 04, 2004, 09:13:48 AM »

What a bunch of crying ass bitches Slash and Duff have become... WTF??? Im fucking glad the GnR music is not in those fucking movies they listed... THEY FUCKING SUCKED!!!!

A rerecorded WTJ by the new band would have been awsome... and FUCK YOU SLASH and DUFF for blocking it.. ITS NOT YOUR BAND ANYMORE MOTHERFUCKERS!!! YOU QUIT!!! YOU RECIEVE ROYALTYS FROM THE SONGS ALREADY FOR THE PARTS YOU WROTE!!! Now fuck off already....

YOU HAVE YOUR OWN NEW BAND NOW MOTHERFUCKERS .. WORRY ABOUT THAT NOT GUNS N ROSES.....

Those motherfuckers piss me the fuck off... I was going to buy thier new CD ...but not now.. ill fucking download it or burn it from someone....

I guess they see that thier new songs are not as strong as they hoped... They had the chance to have a good new band if they had picked a good singer like Josh Todd .. Scott Weiland is a fucking dumb fuck fuck up who is a shitty ass singer as well..

They "are moving on" as they say and all the VR fans have said.. "They dont need GnR anymore"...

BULLSHIT! Thats why they fucking sue over the GNR songs, make a BTM special all within a month of their new album...

and opening the tour in St Louis is another fucking classy move... I can see the reviews for that show..."Last time they were in St Louis red headed front man punched a fan and a riot ensued, Now they are back with a new lineup and a new front man".... blah blah blah....

I was going to back the VR and hope they did well but now no.. and all you motherfuckers who say "VR doesnt need GnR to sell thier music" can go fuck yourself....

No wonder they need the old GnR songs... With songs like "Slither" or "Be the Ball" (hahah remember that shit)

That Contraband album will be a big dissapointment for you people that suck Slash and Duff and Matt's dick and bash Axl... Coz it will suck... Its going to be a piece of shit... The only good songs will be the ones that Izzy Wrote...

Slash is good at writing Solos and Riffs thats it.. His lyric writing is worse than fucking Hanson...

Izzy and Axl wrote all the good lyrics...

Now go ahead you mother fuckers and tell me who the fuck is moving on...

Who is Suing Who here.... Who shows up at the others concerts?? and goes to the press with it?Huh  not W Axl Rose... hes got his own band now...

110%  agree!! ok
gezm
« Reply #62 on: May 04, 2004, 09:17:35 AM »

ITS NOT AXL OR DUFF, SLASH WHO ARE WRECKING THE GOOD NAME OF GUNS N ROSES ITS U LOT STOP BITCHING AND GET ON WITH YOUR OWN LIFES
GO OUT GET A GIRLFRIEND GO OUT WITH YOUR MATES

DUFF AND SLASH ARE GOOD GUYS, AXL ON THE OTHER HANDS ALRIGHT WHEN HE WANTS TO BE BUT JUST LEAVE IT THERE  ok  peace
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #63 on: May 04, 2004, 09:29:21 AM »

Without Izzy their case is even MORE RIDICUOUS!!!

And just how did/does Axl "shit on them"?

THEY LEFT THE BAND. Case closed.  And they got paid on top of it for the name... and continue to make royalties and have continued with their careers unhampered.

FUCK THEM!
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #64 on: May 04, 2004, 09:33:07 AM »

DUFF AND SLASH ARE GOOD GUYS

If Axl was suing them, then I suppose he'd be the good guy, eh?
If Axl had sued them YOU KNOW he'd be called an asshole.
I AM SO LOOKING FORWARD TO WATCHING THIER LAWSUIT CRASH AND FUCKING BURN - THOSE BITTER FUCKING LOSERS!
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #65 on: May 04, 2004, 09:38:42 AM »

And they got paid on top of it for the name...

A couple of people have said this

Not sure where u got it from - Matt mentions nothing about getting paid for it and neither did Slash - there stories basically state Axl ask them to sign a contract that if they were to ever leave they forfeited their claim on the GNR name.

I don't think money was involved, it was all signed when the band was happily together

(I wonder if Steven and Izzy surrendered their claim on the name...)

Quick! To the bandwagon!
gezm
« Reply #66 on: May 04, 2004, 09:41:19 AM »

Lets all fuck axl thats all we seem to do on here  ok

aww axl baby u loser take me man

chilish i know but thats all i c on here

slash and duff losers well um...... well see!!

people hide behind the guns n roses name  peace
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #67 on: May 04, 2004, 09:41:32 AM »

That's just too bad...it's supposed to be about music, not lawsuits. Plus, besides Black Hawk Down, all the other movies they wanted GN'R's music in basically sucked.
I don't really like how those guys handle their promotion...I'm ok with the David Letterman/ MTV2 premiere shit but a lawsuit against Axl in the meantime is just weird. To me that's a bad move but we'll see.

Btw Izzy, Slash did NOT write the lyrics for "Coma", Axl did. Slash wrote the music for that song.

for Jarmo: you got there ten seconds before me... Wink
« Last Edit: May 04, 2004, 09:42:37 AM by Will » Logged

alternativemonkey
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #68 on: May 04, 2004, 09:43:40 AM »

Don't rule out that this is just a publicity stunt! Remember Axl got a lot of press suing Universal over the Greatest Hits release. Even though he lost, he generated a lot of publicity which probably sold more records. Duff & Slash might be trying to get the public to understand that they are "GNR too" in hopes that the same people that bought the Greatest Hits will buy Contraband.
kockstar99
« Reply #69 on: May 04, 2004, 09:44:46 AM »

I AM SO LOOKING FORWARD TO WATCHING THIER LAWSUIT CRASH AND FUCKING BURN - THOSE BITTER FUCKING LOSERS!

me too... me too...

Axl is busy with his lawsuit against Clear Channel, Finding a new guitar player, Fighting with his record label...

now these bitter loosers come back looking for some handouts....
kockstar99
« Reply #70 on: May 04, 2004, 09:47:04 AM »

Duff & Slash might be trying to get the public to understand that they are "GNR too" in hopes that the same people that bought the Greatest Hits will buy Contraband.

I find this to be a tacky way to sell a record... They should let the new music speak for itself... not GnR's old music.... If they are in fact as they claim "a new band"
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #71 on: May 04, 2004, 09:47:08 AM »

That's just too bad...it's supposed to be about music, not lawsuits.

Its true, the whole situation is too bad, but in fairness, "GNR" has been more about lawsuits than music for 10 years now - this case is just one more in a ridiculously long line of them.

Plus, besides Black Hawk Down, all the other movies they wanted GN'R's music in basically sucked.

Well, thats a different matter...

I don't really like how those guys handle their promotion...I'm ok with the David Letterman/ MTV2 premiere shit but a lawsuit against Axl in the meantime is just weird. To me that's a bad move but we'll see.

Dont you think its a little presumptuous to assume that this is a promotion tactic?

Btw Izzy, Slash did NOT write the lyrics for "Coma", Axl did. Slash wrote the music for that song.

Slash didnt write any of the lyrics, did he?  So the original statement (pertaining to VRs new record) is false.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2004, 09:49:40 AM by Booker Floyd » Logged
gezm
« Reply #72 on: May 04, 2004, 09:47:49 AM »

peace peace peace peace peace peace peace peace peace peace peace peace peace peace peace peace peace peace peace peace peace peace peace peace peace peace peace peace peace peace peace peace peace peace peace peace peace peace peace peace peace peace peace peace peace peace peace peace peace peace peace peace peace peace peace peace peace peace peace peace peace peace peace peace peace peace peace peace peace

can we all just foget it and get on with are own lifes
Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #73 on: May 04, 2004, 09:50:24 AM »

After all these years, some lawyer pointed out to them that they have the right to collect royalties on the old GNR songs

They do collect royalties, I think.  All the old band members do, they just don't have a say on how their old songs are used for commercial purposes.  Which could generate earnings 20 years down the road.  

Axl would screw them out of money by rerecording Appetite songs and using them.  Then again, I know he feels they abandoned him, so that's his mindset.

Anyway, the whole thing is sad.  Like Axl said, every young person should take business classes, even if you're going to be an artist.  I'm sure Duff realized a whole bunch of things when he was studying finance.  

gezm
« Reply #74 on: May 04, 2004, 09:50:52 AM »

Or We Can Settal This Over A Pint Wink
kockstar99
« Reply #75 on: May 04, 2004, 09:50:57 AM »

can we all just foget it and get on with are own lifes

haha no! Guns n Roses is Life and Axl Rose is god!!!!
gezm
« Reply #76 on: May 04, 2004, 09:52:15 AM »

Man u need to get out more! thats just sad if u put a band before your own life
i love em but i got my own life and it aint guns n roses its mine to live
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #77 on: May 04, 2004, 09:53:30 AM »

Axl owning the name GN'R gives him the right to decide what projects that name is associated with.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
gezm
« Reply #78 on: May 04, 2004, 09:55:55 AM »

Well ill leave u to all this bitching about shit  ok
i bet your all making more of this than what it is, its ethier untrue or
slash and duff have a good reason why! at the end of the day none of us
know what realy happened between them all only thay do
so at the end of the day dont bitch abotu somthing u know nothing about
some of u have an idea but most of u just think axls god but cant even get anything out in 9 years
sounds really godly

anyways  peace peeps
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #79 on: May 04, 2004, 10:03:34 AM »

And they got paid on top of it for the name...

A couple of people have said this

Not sure where u got it from - Matt mentions nothing about getting paid for it and neither did Slash - there stories basically state Axl ask them to sign a contract that if they were to ever leave they forfeited their claim on the GNR name.

I don't think money was involved, it was all signed when the band was happily together

(I wonder if Steven and Izzy surrendered their claim on the name...)

From Drowned in Sound.com

"Slash, Duff McKagan, and Matt Sorum left the group in 1996, and Axl Rose purchased the Guns'N'Roses name from the other founder members for ?2.4million in 1997. "

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: