Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:03:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Appreciation Thread!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Appreciation Thread!  (Read 4908 times)
Rebecca Duff Rose
Roxi McK
VIP

Kool Ranch Dres'ing

« on: May 14, 2004, 05:00:27 PM »

Hello my fellow Gunners!

Over the past month especially, I have noticed that most of us have wrote threads about appreciating something in particualr about GNR, which you don't feel has enough credit or respect!

I wasjust wondering instead of writing loads of threads about your under-appreciated GNR subject, that we could all gather ideas up here in this thread! Just a suggestion!

I'll start!
Bad Apples: great solo, cool lyrics, not mentioned much!

Dead Horse: I don't know about you guys, but I don't feel that this song is given much credit- personally this song ROCKS- and it certainly should be appreciated!

The Spaghetti Incident: On eheck of a cool bunch of covers- Buick Makane, never gets enough credit! Ain't it Fun, a super version of The Damned's New Rose etc.

Axl Releasing CD: We should appreciate the fact that we are getting another album!
It must be hard for him! With all the rumurs/ comments bout him not releasing CD- he will want it to be a breakthrough once released!

DUFF: You gotta lurve him! He's one heck of a kick-ass bassist! Great vocalist toooooooo!!!!!  beer  hihi

Continue......  ok

SLASH- "Guitar solos are back," he said with a grin through his long, curly mane.
GNR- The hardworking band that once called themselves FAMILY!!!
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2004, 07:03:39 AM »

Bad Obsesison-Ace lyrics, good slide guitar and i love the harmonica i think it is ok

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
Stevenson
Headliner

"Tourmaline Green"

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2004, 08:21:06 AM »

Breakdown Possibly one of the most underated GN'R songs.
                             Its kinda cool that it is though, it makes it sorta
                             like a hidden gem, only die-hard fans really noticed.

Double Talkin Jive LIVE For me, Double Talkin Jive on the album
                                              was okay i guess, but its not until you
                                              hear it live that the song really comes to
                                              life. For a great example of this, check out
                                              the UYI pt1 DVD.  ok
*RightNextDoorToHull*
Headliner

G n' F'n R's!

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2004, 08:30:10 PM »

Estranged Holy Jesus, in my opinion this song can't get enough credit- and
                    it's hardly ever mentioned! Shocked Grrr. It's so chilled and amazing at the
                    beginning, wow. The lyrics are really great too (refers to Del James's
                    "Without You") hehe  Grin Anyway, listen to it.... watch the video!!  Wink

Coma This song is totally klass, the best on UY1 (i think the whole album is
                    really under-rated!) It has the greatest lyrics of any other GnR song
                    I've ever heard.... (didn't he write it from a sub-concious stream of
                    thought when he was high?!) The last two and something minutes of
                    it TOTALLY ROCK! (after Axl's bee hatch's are whining at him "all you
                    wanna do is have Sex SEx SEX all the time!" (c'mon ladies...  yes)

Anywho.... now you've listened to me ramble on.... hehe. Kool thread by the way! (gives me a chance to bitch! lmao)

Peace, Love and Empathy! xXx  
« Last Edit: May 20, 2004, 08:35:58 PM by *RightNextDoorToHull* » Logged

"The Sex, The Drugs, The Violence, THE SHOCKING TRUTH!"
mr_BROWNSTONE
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2004, 07:40:50 AM »

MOVE TO THE CITY- Great rock n' roll song with kicking ass lyrics and really niiiiiiice guitar.
Rebecca Duff Rose
Roxi McK
VIP

Kool Ranch Dres'ing

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2004, 03:32:57 PM »

Estranged Holy Jesus, in my opinion this song can't get enough credit- and
                    it's hardly ever mentioned! Shocked Grrr. It's so chilled and amazing at the
                    beginning, wow. The lyrics are really great too (refers to Del James's
                    "Without You") hehe  Grin Anyway, listen to it.... watch the video!!  Wink

Coma This song is totally klass, the best on UY1 (i think the whole album is
                    really under-rated!) It has the greatest lyrics of any other GnR song
                    I've ever heard.... (didn't he write it from a sub-concious stream of
                    thought when he was high?!) The last two and something minutes of
                    it TOTALLY ROCK! (after Axl's bee hatch's are whining at him "all you
                    wanna do is have Sex SEx SEX all the time!" (c'mon ladies...  yes)

Anywho.... now you've listened to me ramble on.... hehe. Kool thread by the way! (gives me a chance to bitch! lmao)

Peace, Love and Empathy! xXx  

It's ok!  ok
Love ya moto btw!  beer
i love how you have stated two massive GNR tracks, that are just too precious and great to appear on GNR GH!
They certainly do rock!
Coma certainly has the GREATEST lyrics ever!
It fuckin' rocks!  beer

Great post!

and you too Mr Brownstone!
Move to the city NEVER gets enough credit!

SLASH- "Guitar solos are back," he said with a grin through his long, curly mane.
GnR_Kel_UK
Headliner

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2004, 06:57:34 AM »

Estranged: Definately an underrated song. When I first put UYI2 in my CD player and got to Estranged, I skipped it because I thought it sounded boring, but when I heard it on the UYI tours in Tokyo, I listened to the whole song rather than skipping it, and what a good idea that was, I fell in love with it! it's definately one of my favourite GnR songs.

Attitude: I first heard this live on one of my GnR videos, and I thought the song was great. Duff made it sound really good! (I thought I'd add that so that Rebbecca doesn't kill me! LOL, but anyways, it's true!) I didn't know it was on TSI, because I didn't have it at the time, but when I did get it I was well happy to see Attitude on there.  Grin

Sweet Child O'Mine: Great lyrics, as we know, written about Axl's ex-girlfriend/wife Erin. It was the song that brought me into the world of GnR. Excellent guitar on this song.  ok

Waiting for CD: I know we've been patient for a very long time, but obviously Axl won't release CD until he's happy with it and it's perfect, we should be happy that he's not releasing an album full of rubbish just because people are slating him for taking so long to release it. It's his album, and he will decide when it's time to release it, so lets just wait and support him rather than moaning about it taking so long! I know it's not all of us, but there are a few who keep on complaining that it's taking so long. It will be worth the wait!

My way, your way, anything goes tonight ;o)
mr_BROWNSTONE
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2004, 09:05:23 AM »

I like very much now the live of Down On The Farm. I know it's a cover song but it's been made wonderful by the guys. Unfortunately, the song was not and is not enough appreciated.
Rebecca Duff Rose
Roxi McK
VIP

Kool Ranch Dres'ing

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2004, 03:20:24 PM »

Attitude: I first heard this live on one of my GnR videos, and I thought the song was great. Duff made it sound really good! (I thought I'd add that so that Rebbecca doesn't kill me! LOL, but anyways, it's true!) I didn't know it was on TSI, because I didn't have it at the time, but when I did get it I was well happy to see Attitude on there.  Grin

rofl

Buick Makane (Big Dumb Sex)- it's just sooooo great how GNR have mixed both of these songs together, creating one heck of a punk song, which is under-appreciated!   Cry

Live Era- I think its a good collection of songs, sure there are other songs or the same songs that have been recorded/sung/played live by Guns, and are at excellent quality etc. But people tend to say that the CD quality is pretty much crap! People forget that its actually live, even though yeah there have been other cd's produced by bands live, that rock, but hey!  Wink

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: