Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:02:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Relations between Gn?R members
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Relations between Gn?R members  (Read 10538 times)
Slashly
Harley Davidson
VIP

-blank-

« on: May 15, 2004, 09:28:37 PM »

I was thinking:
We all know Izzy and Axl used to get very well,such as Dff and Slash, or Slash and Gilby.
But how do you think Gilby and Duff used to get??Or Izzy and Matt??Or Matt and Gilby??Or Dizzy and Duff?
Because you never saw the 2 of them hangin ou together like you saw the one other ones (Izzy and Axl,etc)
Crazy topic, it?s just something that got into my mid and I wanted to ask/say it
« Last Edit: May 15, 2004, 09:31:15 PM by Slashly » Logged

"But a bottle of vodka still lies in my hand some blonde gave me nughtmares, I think that you`re still in my head"
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2004, 03:43:22 AM »

Nah nah it aint a weird topic i've always thought this too.

I never read anywhere or heard about axl talking with matt, did they even speak to each other and party togethor. It even seems during the illusion tour axl never partied......like he never even picked up a chick during the whole tour. To me he seemed depressed and involved with the commercial aspect of GN'R.

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
mr_BROWNSTONE
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2004, 05:41:37 AM »

Nah nah it aint a weird topic i've always thought this too.

I never read anywhere or heard about axl talking with matt, did they even speak to each other and party togethor. It even seems during the illusion tour axl never partied......like he never even picked up a chick during the whole tour. To me he seemed depressed and involved with the commercial aspect of GN'R.

Well, I have seen Axl and Matt talking and laughing together. I have on a video tape "The Use Your Illusion World Tour" concert from Paris and I have also "Backstage With The Band" from the same concert. There, after the concert, Axl and Matt talked about the concert, maked jokes etc.
 Other than that it very interesting to me too.
Slashly
Harley Davidson
VIP

-blank-

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2004, 11:35:14 AM »

In the Tokyo DVD at KOHD Gilby goes to play the drums with the  gong-stick and Matt doesent seem to like it very much....
Inever saw Dizzy and Duff together.

"But a bottle of vodka still lies in my hand some blonde gave me nughtmares, I think that you`re still in my head"
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2004, 03:42:29 AM »

I get the feeling that besides Matt, the newer members didnt really interact alot with each other, maybe the odd time but not alot, izzy,slash, duff only really talked to matt, dizzy doesnt even hang with them it seems. And gilby hardly ever. I figured Matt n gilby would get along being the 2 newer members of the biggest band on earth. Like matt would say somehting like " yeah its tough comming into a really big band, and if ya need someone to talk to give me a holler"

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
Slashly
Harley Davidson
VIP

-blank-

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2004, 01:33:32 PM »

Maybie Gilby did hang with Duff n? Slash.As Gilby was a friend from Slash.Remember, the guitarist from a band  usually talk about tecnics and guitar stuff.From that on, they end up being friends.So probably it was something like:
Duff:Hey Slash lets go to party.Let?s take Matt with us!
Slash:Yeah.And Gilby 2!!
When Matt did his drum solo, Duff used to go with him and play something.They seemed to get on really well, you know, it?s like the guitarist thing.When you are the bass player, you talk and dicuss a lot with the drumer, from then on, they end up being friends.
From the AFD era  it?s obvious they  were all friends.In that times it was all about frienship

Rebecca Duff Rose
Roxi McK
VIP

Kool Ranch Dres'ing

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2004, 03:08:53 PM »

Izzy was the first really to invite Dizzy into the GNR clan- that's what I read somewhere- can anyone back this up?

Duff's really friendly he'll do anything for family n' friends!  yes
I mean he told Steven's drug dealer dudie to get lost n' leave steven alone!

Awww Bless their top hats, Jack's N' Hookers!
(Well not the hookers but you know!)

SLASH- "Guitar solos are back," he said with a grin through his long, curly mane.
GNR- The hardworking band that once called themselves FAMILY!!!
Dizzy
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2004, 05:49:50 PM »

Izzy was the first really to invite Dizzy into the GNR clan- that's what I read somewhere- can anyone back this up?

I thought Dizzy said on the "Making of Don't Cry" that Axl was the one who called him and invited him to join the band.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2004, 06:40:19 PM »

Duff's really friendly he'll do anything for family n' friends!  yes
I mean he told Steven's drug dealer dudie to get lost n' leave steven alone!

Awww Bless their top hats, Jack's N' Hookers!
(Well not the hookers but you know!)

Didn't Duff and Slash, i think it was, even go and beat up one of Steven's drug dealers one time in order for him to be scared to sell to him...

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Slashly
Harley Davidson
VIP

-blank-

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2004, 08:00:37 PM »

I didnt know they did that.Pure friedship!!

matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2004, 05:12:07 AM »

Yeah duff threatened to steves dealer when he was tryin to clean up it's in an article from 91 when slash  explains what happened with steve.

Rebecca Duff Rose
Roxi McK
VIP

Kool Ranch Dres'ing

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2004, 03:21:35 PM »

I thought Dizzy said on the "Making of Don't Cry" that Axl was the one who called him and invited him to join the band.

Well i read an article that said that Izzy was the one that really welcomed Dizzy? Like Izzy was the friendly one! Opening his arms for Dizzy, you know!- I know Axl told Dizy- You are gonna be Guns keyboardist!

I feel blessed that Dizzy quoted my post- wow!

SLASH- "Guitar solos are back," he said with a grin through his long, curly mane.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2004, 04:09:09 PM »

I remember an interview with Gilby in Classic Rock mag where he said something to the affect that he was the one in the band who spent most time with Axl during the Illusion tour.
Im not gonna go find the mag right now, even though I know exacly where it is... hihi but that's what the dude said ok

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Slashly
Harley Davidson
VIP

-blank-

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2004, 06:15:36 PM »

Im not gonna go find the mag right now, even though I know exacly where it is...  but that's what the dude said

Then go and find it you lazy man!!We want to know

I feel blessed that Dizzy quoted my post- wow
Yeah, he is like a god here.He quoted one of my posts once or twice  and it  felt great!!

Rebecca Duff Rose
Roxi McK
VIP

Kool Ranch Dres'ing

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2004, 03:57:17 PM »

Im not gonna go find the mag right now, even though I know exacly where it is...  but that's what the dude said

Then go and find it you lazy man!!We want to know

Hee hee go on Kiedis!  beer

I feel blessed that Dizzy quoted my post- wow
Yeah, he is like a god here.He quoted one of my posts once or twice  and it  felt great!!

Exactly!
Hail Dizzy!!   Grin

Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2004, 12:49:31 PM »

I just had to tell you people, Im not home now so I definately can't tell you guys exacly what was in the mag right now... hihi

Rebecca Duff Rose
Roxi McK
VIP

Kool Ranch Dres'ing

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2004, 03:11:53 PM »

I just had to tell you people, Im not home now so I definately can't tell you guys exacly what was in the mag right now... hihi

hihi How bout now?Huh?

Slashly
Harley Davidson
VIP

-blank-

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2004, 03:19:31 PM »

Or now??
Get that mag now!!!!!

Baby Slash//

Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2004, 04:34:40 PM »

OOOOOK THEN!!!!! rant
found it! Cheesy
the interview with Gilby opens with:

CR: Your new CD bears the sticker 'Former Guns N' Roses guitarist'. That's not such an exclusive club these days.

GC: [Laughs] Absolutely. There's a big trail.

that was funny, just had to throw it in! Grin
but now ok, here's the part I was talking about:

CR: Izzy was Axl's best pal from back home in Lafayette. Did you feel you had to be his soul mate and confidant as well as being the rhythm guitarist?

GC: No, not at all. At that point in the band that really wasn't my job. Izzy and Axl's relationship was a special one, and I honestly don't know anything more about it than you. I got along great with Axl, as you could see from the live shows. He and I were together more than anyone else in the band. But no, I was never his best friend or anything.

plus, there's a cool pic of Gilby and Axl sitting and talking here, Gilby is strumming a black Les Paul while Axl looks as if he's telling a story or something Grin

there si another interesting Q&A here, I'll post it:

CR: I heard Axl got up and jammed with you locally not so long ago. (I think this was in 2000)

GC: YEs, that was quite a surprise! Im not doing it now, but I used to do a regular night at the Cat Club on Sunset every Thursday. It's a place where you can go and jam, have a good time, hang out with your friends, have a couple of cocktails. And he showed up one night. It was actually kind of a slow night, and Slim Jim Phantom, the [Stray Cats] drummer, comes up to me and says: "Axl's sitting at the bar." And I go: "Get outta here!" But I walk by, and he grabs me and says: "Hi, what's going on?"
So we started talking, and it seemed we picked up on the conversation we'd left off six years before! He went back to his seat, I went back and started playing, and all of a sudden he was up there singing along. We started jamming on a couple of Stones songs.

Gilby's story about him getting fired is this:

"Im telling Axl I don't want to be in the band anymore, and he's telling Slash on the other line that he doesn't want me in the band"

CR: Are you still in touch with the others from GN'R?

GC: I talk to Matt every now and then, but I never ever talk to Slash or Duff. We cross paths, since most of us live in LA, so I might see Slash at a concert and say hello, but I don't sit down and talk to him.

hope you guys are happy now! ok

btw, I did NOT proof read what I wrote Grin
« Last Edit: May 26, 2004, 04:36:39 PM by Kiedis » Logged

GNR - CROATIA
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2004, 06:08:42 PM »

SLASH,  DUFF,  MATT,  IZZY are friends (remember how VR started).
SLASH,  DUFF,  IZZY,  STEVE are friends again.
GILBY was friend with SLASH and spend nights and nights over at SLASH's home recording and jamming around despite being married till he sued AXL which pissed SLASH off.
He too was member of first SNAKEPIT just like MATT.
Nobody was ever friends with DIZZY that's why he obviously bashes them all the time Grin
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: