Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 10:02:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228016 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Fall to Pieces
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fall to Pieces  (Read 53046 times)
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #140 on: May 22, 2004, 03:52:43 PM »

confused

And I dont believe I brought over a discussion, only a blatant example of his hypocrisy.  The discussion, however, was VR-related...oddly enough, Dave called a VR fan, "a fucking dolt".  And here I thought that was beneath him.   hihi

And lets not play up the randomness of another forum...It was "the other" GNR forum..

An objective opinion here, by my understanding, hypocrisy is a trait in a human that transcends whatever forum, platform or place a person is voicing his opinion.  It's an inherent way of conducting oneself in regards to their everyday thoughts and feelings, lives for that matter.

Was the manner in which this information brought to light a bit questionable?  Maybe so.

Does the information brought to light with this revelation reflect undisputable evidence and validitation of a constant contradiction and true hypocrisy of somesone who continually portays himself and his character as the total opposite?

Absolutely.  

Beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Topic related, I burned the Minny show earlier, left off FTP and Used to Love Her...
« Last Edit: May 22, 2004, 03:53:31 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #141 on: May 22, 2004, 06:13:02 PM »

Wow. Maybe Booker can find a discussion about Britney Spears on some forum and bring that over as well?  Tongue

confused

Because displaying Daves hilariously direct hypocrisy in this very thread somehow relates to the randomness of Britney Spears?  And I dont believe I brought over a discussion, only a blatant example of his hypocrisy.  The discussion, however, was VR-related...oddly enough, Dave called a VR fan, "a fucking dolt".  And here I thought that was beneath him.   hihi

And lets not play up the randomness of another forum...It was "the other" GNR forum...A place I actually rarely check out, but with the VR activity, I check there sometimes to see what people are saying.  So what a coincidence that I happen to see Dave say something like that...

Booker are you still on this? Get over it and take it to a PM
Why didn't you post all the bashing toward me before posting my post? HMM
And how am I a hypocrite? As hard as you try and bash me or try to bait me into a fight, you still can't get me to bash or call you names.
That must really bother you eh?

Mygnr forum is known for bashing and such, this forum I dont do it since its part of the rules.
Too bad you cant follow them.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2004, 06:14:02 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
jrs2001_99
Rocker

I can't believe you just said that

« Reply #142 on: May 22, 2004, 08:46:00 PM »

Well I think this thread is too far gone for any more objective opinions, but for what it's worth...

I agree with what D said earlier about Axl missing Slash, and Slash missing Axl. It's evident in the work that we've seen from both parties thus far. If you think the "solo" from Madagascar (by all accounts an otherwise great song) is better than that of Slither or You Got No Right, then you need to clean the wax out of your ears.

In the same way that the lyrics to songs like Set Me Free and Slither are nowhere near as good as what Axl produced on the likes of Locomotive and Don't Damn Me (the 2 best Axl/Slash collaborations ever IMO).

There are definitely gaps in either party that can be filled by the missing element, but as a long time GNR fan, I am at least willing to give a band that features 2 fifths of that original line-up a chance, as opposed to writing them off altogether, no matter how good their material is, and how much attention they are currently garnering from the rock world.

Again, it's my opinion that what we've heard thus far from VR is better than what we've heard from "new" GNR (if you can still call it "new"). Madagascar is a good song, it could be great if it had a decent solo, The Blues is a good solid song, but by no means a memorable classic, and I can't stand Chinese Democracy; that song is worthless.

I just hope that everyone that calls themselves a Guns N' Roses fan can go out in a couple of weeks, pick up a copy of Contraband (assuming you don't intend to boycott it), and listen to and enjoy some of the best rock music we've heard in recent years, from a group featuring no less than three ex-GNR members.

Likewise with Chinese Democracy, if and when it ever gets released.

It's all good.

http://www.theanswermusic.com/

The best true Irish rock band since Thin Lizzy
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #143 on: May 22, 2004, 08:47:55 PM »

Again another person who needs to look up the word subjective.
I think you need to understand not everyone has the same taste in music as you.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2004, 08:48:56 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
jrs2001_99
Rocker

« Reply #144 on: May 22, 2004, 09:30:26 PM »

Hey, I stated quite clearly that my words were borne of my opinion

I don't expect everyone to agree with it, but at the same time, I don't expect people to come into the VR section of the forum and needlessly stir up shit.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #145 on: May 22, 2004, 09:43:13 PM »

I don't expect everyone to agree with it, but at the same time, I don't expect people to come into the VR section of the forum and needlessly stir up shit.
LOL. Bro its been liek that for years on all these gnr boards. Get fukin used to it. stop crying already. We are a few months in and your already upset over this...

if you need any help in getting through it let me know..i can help...there are many different stages...its just 1 big cycle. Relax the pary just started....

i love how things in life come full circle

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jrs2001_99
Rocker

« Reply #146 on: May 22, 2004, 09:51:40 PM »

LOL. Bro its been liek that for years on all these gnr boards. Get fukin used to it. stop crying already. We are a few months in and your already upset over this...

if you need any help in getting through it let me know..i can help...there are many different stages...its just 1 big cycle. Relax the pary just started....

i love how things in life come full circle

lol

Cool beans dude, I've only been posting on this board and a couple of others on and off for little over a year now, so I've probably missed alot of threads dealing with this same thing over and over again...

I've just got annoyed in the last couple of weeks with some of the topics started in this section, with no intent other than to rile VR fans (well, perhaps not, but that's what it seems to me sometimes  confused)

Guess I'll get used to it eventually, as you say...

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #147 on: May 23, 2004, 12:15:27 AM »

I've just got annoyed in the last couple of weeks with some of the topics started in this section, with no intent other than to rile VR fans (well, perhaps not, but that's what it seems to me sometimes  )
Point well taken dude. and its ashame. But the reason all of this exists is because peopel who had no intentions other than to "hate" new gnr have corrupted the boards over the years. Its only natural now cause u get used to it over time. But what comes out of all that is the new gnr fan simply bringingup the same stuff the "haters" bring up...the only difference is for the most part the peopel who are "roaming" the vr boards are just giving thier opinions on the music vr has and not so much their image, the way they shit, their ethics, and all that other stuff....

im just finding all of this funny though...i wasnt expecting this....

Guess I'll get used to it eventually, as you say...
yea it sux and its ashame..negativity partly created by the band but mostly do to "fans"...what ya gonna do

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
bill213
« Reply #148 on: May 23, 2004, 11:11:38 AM »

Yeah sorry to break up this little girl slap fight but getting back on point.
This song kicks ass.......it's one of those prom last dance type songs but I love it.  Definitely gonna be a smash on the radio.  Slash's solo is the shit but Scott nails the song perfectly.  The one thing though, is it just me or does Slash really get off on this D-C-G shit on his ballads?
Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

Some people just don't know how to ride a bike

« Reply #149 on: May 23, 2004, 01:19:30 PM »

Yeah sorry to break up this little girl slap fight but getting back on point.
This song kicks ass.......it's one of those prom last dance type songs but I love it.  Definitely gonna be a smash on the radio.  Slash's solo is the shit but Scott nails the song perfectly.  The one thing though, is it just me or does Slash really get off on this D-C-G shit on his ballads?

it's the "I IV V mighty super fantastic rock combo" that has been the basis for rock n roll since the dawn of time. the I IV V in this case just happen to be the same chords in sweet child o mine. Countless songs have been made on those 3 chords of a particular key simply because they sound good.

but yeah the reason Slash goes off is because it is really easy to make solo's over such progressions, and trust me......hell even i can go nuts over simple progressions like that. It's rock n roll i tell you!  peace
bill213
« Reply #150 on: May 23, 2004, 03:16:51 PM »

Sweet child O' Mine, Yesterdays, that unreleased song from Estranged, this one, etc
jrs2001_99
Rocker

« Reply #151 on: May 23, 2004, 07:16:48 PM »

Is that "unreleased" song not what eventually became Snakepit's "Back and Forth Again?" That song is based around the whole D-C-G thing...

Skynyrd's Sweet Home Alabama is another rock classic that uses that chord sequence, as is Boston's "More Than a Feeling."  Cool

badobsession81
Rocker

Forgive them that tear down your soul

« Reply #152 on: May 23, 2004, 08:25:49 PM »

i've got to say, i like the song. but like many have said, the hype was SO much that it left me underwhelmed.

and like someone said near the beginning of this thread - choruses! choruses everywhere! scott seems to have a tendency of making the end of the song chorus heavy, has anyone else noticed that? i mean, they couldve had a nice outro or taken the melody further at the end, but instead they just repeat the chorus! argh!

dont get me wrong i love this vr stuff. but, i always get the feeling that without axl they dont push themselves enough to improve a song even more (that make sense?! - particularly true with izzy i feel) i just felt this song couldve/shouldve gone somewhere at the end, but it didnt. its too formulaic. a lot of the new songs are predictable in sttructure, u know?

BUT, i still love the songs. its just a kind of frustration that i feel. i mean, im gonna miss the layering i think, and that little bit extra that it appears axl made them add (although it appears that this is not what the band liked, but it is wot i like)

Back In Power
badobsession81
Rocker

Forgive them that tear down your soul

« Reply #153 on: May 23, 2004, 08:41:07 PM »

Song will do well. But then as scott says ...fall to pieces

i sort of agree. its a song that instantly likeable. u know? so, for that reason i think will be a crossover radio hit like a lot of u are saying. but i think it does lack that little extra something to keep u goin on repeated listens. u know how u find something new in a lot of guns material after uve listened to it for years? well, i dont think ull get that with FTP. just an opinion based on a bootleg i know, so i could well be wrong! but i feel this song doesnt have that extra thing (like an outro or midle 8 section that would give it that bit more flair. its just chorus heavy and i think that actually takes away from the power of the chorus!

btw, i agree, illegal i rocks!

Back In Power
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #154 on: May 23, 2004, 10:17:30 PM »

dont get me wrong i love this vr stuff. but, i always get the feeling that without axl they dont push themselves enough to improve a song even more (that make sense?! - particularly true with izzy i feel) i just felt this song couldve/shouldve gone somewhere at the end, but it didnt. its too formulaic. a lot of the new songs are predictable in sttructure, u know?
I totally agree but any second now you will be labeled an axl nutswinger for saying somehting liek this....and then you will be givent the good ol " Vr just want to keep it simple and rock, its not meant to be complicated" that type of thing.....

Thats how I basically feel about the material...a lot of it is the same type of stuff...its good just not special i guess...and im looking for special because this could have been a special band...plus on the songs that are excellent{like ftp} there good but like you said missing that somehting extra....

ill wait till i hear the album but if i have the same overall impression/feelings then I will beleive even more of what axl says when he says slash has all the talents just never want to go that xtra mile stuff...but who cares thats old news...

tomass74
Legend

« Reply #155 on: May 24, 2004, 06:57:38 AM »

Just listened to it work. Loved it.... The guitar riff is pretty cool. Still a boot so the sound wasn't great but a couple people here said that they like it. They all like Set Me Free , Money and love Slither too. Gotta run, talk more about it later...
« Last Edit: May 24, 2004, 06:58:51 AM by tomass74 » Logged

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #156 on: May 24, 2004, 01:47:51 PM »

Hey, I stated quite clearly that my words were borne of my opinion

You also said that anyone who doesnt agree should get the wax taken out of their ears. Am I wrong about that? That is not being subjective.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #157 on: May 24, 2004, 06:51:32 PM »

Get back to discussing the song.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
estranged88
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #158 on: May 24, 2004, 07:53:26 PM »

Is that "unreleased" song not what eventually became Snakepit's "Back and Forth Again?" That song is based around the whole D-C-G thing...

THANK YOU......I thought i was the only one who thought it was back and forth again.........  that song is awesome btw..

Why do you cook stove top in the oven???
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #159 on: May 25, 2004, 01:52:25 AM »

How can anyone compare this song to SCOM? Its not even close.
Its not even close to the blues.
The blues lyrics are by far better and the guitar solo is the blues is better than FTP also. Btw I thought slash HATED playing ballads, guess that is just another lie eh?

Why the fuck do you keep comparing this shit to the new GnR. You are really obsesses with Axl and it is scary. Everything revolves around Axl and it really makes you look like an asshole. Why not compare it to Led Zeppelin or Black Sabbath or Britney Spears for that matter. None of them are VR. If you dont like the fucking song fine, but why do you always have to throw in how Axl is better?

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: