Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 10:20:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash defuses 'fuck Axl' chant + Chicago Review
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash defuses 'fuck Axl' chant + Chicago Review  (Read 32375 times)
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #60 on: May 21, 2004, 11:53:09 PM »

in response to:  "I guarantee you will never hear Slash making those sort of comments towards Axl.
Why?"
Because he has matt sorum doing it for him  hihi

lol!  

maybe slash has the same feelings as matt. and its cool but slash hides. i liek how everything is always on axl...

I respect Axl for speaking his mind and telling it like it is without giving a fuck about appearances.

So he used obscenities... so fuckin' what?
I like that he does not hide his feelings and expresses them in a manner that shows his anger.

in my opinion slash said 'was that really necessary' because as usual he wants to look like 'the good guy' who has no 'hard feelings' against his 'bro'.  i'd prefer if he just came out and said something like 'axl can suck my dick' instead of being two faced

but as we can see by the latest developments Slash does his dirty deeds behind the scenes

I say 'get in the ring' slash!  get in the motherfucking ring!  rant

oh no... wait.. Slash just sent his lawyer in with a note  hihi

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2004, 12:56:32 AM »

So like I said, theyre the best simply by showing up
would you liek me to tell you why i think gnr is the greatest band in the world to me booker?

But then why would you object to somebody believing that VR, what they are and what they represent are the greatest band to come along in 6/7 years
im not objecting to the person thinking that about vr. if someone loves vr and it means teh world to them...thats awesome....but you cant say that they are the greatest thing in music for the past 5 yrs. same can be said for gnr...i dont know how many times i have to tell you but ill kepp doing so....

When did this guy say anything about importance?
he said vr is the best band of the past 6 yrs...or something liek that. im too lazy to go look back...

Youre struggling, grasping at those straws, so Ill stop rehashing it.  All I will say is that you should probably put more thought into the arguments you start and the opinions you give, especially when youre directly contradicting yourself in another post not even made 24 hours ago.  So if you truly believe that calling a band with no material "the best" is wrong, you shouldnt do the exact same thing, you know?
im not struggling one bit my friend. I dont need to go back to other forums, other threads, other posts to support what i say unlike you. i say what i say.

Once again...ill try to say it one more time for you....
I never said it was wrong for him to think that vr is a great/best band despite them not releasing any material yet. Im saying that how can you explain that to someone who doesnt even know anything about vr. When he says vr is the best band of the past 5 yrs. what is he saying? until he answers me im assuming he means that vr has had more of an impact than any other band. and i say how is that possible.

in my opinion slash said 'was that really necessary' because as usual he wants to look like 'the good guy' who has no 'hard feelings' against his 'bro'.
The funny thing is no1 even knows how he said it....he could have said it in a sarcastic way or he could have been serious. but people just say "see look! slash is such class"...get a boot of the show and find out how he said it before vindicating him a saint.....

...song ends...people in the crowd begin to say....
say 'get in the ring' slash!  get in the motherfucking ring!  

oh no... wait.. Slash just sent his lawyer in with a note  
Axl says...Now, was that really necessary? hihi
See Axl has class too!!!!!!!

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
eNgIeS
Rocker

OHHHH RIGGGHHHTT

« Reply #62 on: May 22, 2004, 04:25:03 AM »

Shows a bit more class and composure than that guy who said "those guys can suck my dick".

Ohh no, but in the "axl fans" eyes, Axl can do no wrong, they will turn a blind eye to everything bad Axl does, or make an outlandish excuse for it

So yeha they'll justify Axl saying that coz "The rest of the guys didnt believe in Axl, ohhh & Izzy promised Axl in 1980 that he would never go back to Indiana, shame on him for changing his mind & destressing Axl so much"

Slash & Duff have been more than fair when they are asked about Axl, they usualy tell the truth & dont say anything too personal or totally knock the shit out of Axl (Matt does a bit thou). But apparently there the bad guys. Just ask DaveGNR & Eva, they'll give you 100's of conspiracy theories on how Duff & Slash are bad people & Axl is innocent of any wrong doing, & his "suck my dick" comment was justified Roll Eyes
eNgIeS
Rocker

OHHHH RIGGGHHHTT

« Reply #63 on: May 22, 2004, 04:29:30 AM »

AAAhhhhhh  - proof again of Slash's class
How do you know how slash said it....maybe he was being arcastic and said it in a tounge and cheek way. You have no clue if he said it like he meant it or was just joking around.

Even if it was tongue in cheek, it was still a good way to calmly handle the situation. can't fault the guy if he doesnt like axl, im sure he has reason for it, but at least he doesnt start shit left and right.

Yeah, knowing Axl if people started chanting "FUCK SLASH" he probably would've embraced it & helped lead the chant & gone on one of his rants again
eNgIeS
Rocker

OHHHH RIGGGHHHTT

« Reply #64 on: May 22, 2004, 05:14:36 AM »

How dare someone say Slash doesn't have class.
Dare he who says bad on thy god

Dare he who says someone doesnt have class when he has done nothing to suggest otherwise

How many fans has he cancelled shows and tours on? How many times did he arrive late.
Didnt stop gnr from being the biggest band in the world now did it?

Just because Axl was the lead singer in the biggest rock band in the world AT THAT TIME doesnt excuse him for the way he has treated fans over the years. Yes, Axl isnt always Mr Asshole, but the proof is in the pudding, Slash & everyone else used to arrive pretty much on time, Axl would keep fans waiting hours, that shows his respect for the fans right there, if he cared, he would care about the fans who are standing in a cramped up crowd for 2 hours waiting for him to arrive

& GNR's downfall in the publics eyes was due to the way Axl acted on the tour, what he did in St Louis was stupid, the Montreal thing was even worse. Vancouver & the canceled tour, well i cant really say its all Axl's fault in those 2 situations, however, Vancouver was somewhat caused by Axl's decision to fly there later than he was suposed to

How many years has he held back his cd
Oh so now your an asshole for not releasing a cd? Now i get it...
if we go by that slash has been an asshole until he releases contraband.
Oh i forgot godforbid we say anhting about slash. my bad

No, it doesnt make you an asshole if you dont have a cd. However, you are an asshole if you string along fans for as long as Axl has. He said soon in 1999, he said it was coming soon in 2001, he said soon in 2002, & well look its 2004 & in his press release he said a release date would be released soon (its been about a month since that release & we havent heard anything yet have we). Then he does tours saying "Chinese Democracy starts now" that was back in 2001 & 2002, & we are still waiting for it to start

He is stringing along people, why doesnt he just be honest & say "I dont know when the album is coming out, & its not coming any time soon".

Now for someone to say something like Slash isnt a class act? Well that is crazy. Slash never starts saying things about Axl.
He always talking baout axl. Tell him to get off axls jock. What exactely has Axl started that got slash all pissed off at him. I love how both axl and slash fans make things up about both sides.its comical.

What are you talking about, Slash & Duff only talk about Axl when they are asked, which is inevitable, & usually they are just honest about it, they dont go saying "suck my dick Axl", they just say how things feel apart, & they dont say alot of bad shit or horror stories that the media would liek to feed on.

Slash wanted to support the new GnR. Remember Las Vegas? Where AXL wouldn't left Slash into the Hard Rock to see new GnR. Slash wants to see the new GnR album. He still has respect for Axl as a musician. I love Axl, but dont try and say he is a classact.
lol. I know slash went to that show because he loves the new band and was dieing to see them. Im not gonna claim I know what slash's intentions were in going to that show but either way he comes out looking good. So why not go and collect more of those brownie points.

Slash wants to see the new gnr album not because he loves the new band but because he wants to see why gnr broke up. He wants to see what "axls fuss" was all about. Please stop trying to paint a nice picture.

And axl has all the respect for slash as a guitarist. Please show me a quote that comes from axl that bashes slashs talents.....keep looking....

I like slash but please dont try and say hes a classact.

That could be true, but how'd u get so certain about it
eNgIeS
Rocker

OHHHH RIGGGHHHTT

« Reply #65 on: May 22, 2004, 05:17:14 AM »

i'd prefer if he just came out and said something like 'axl can suck my dick' instead of being two faced

but as we can see by the latest developments Slash does his dirty deeds behind the scenes

& you know this for sure how

Hell why am i even replying you've already said your biased & i dont wish to deal with that
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #66 on: May 22, 2004, 08:04:13 AM »

So this is where the holding-forth and flaming is going on, silly me i thought people had grown out of it!

Why people can't just enjoy the band without squabbling over daft little points

I also love the way people are so pro-VR without even hearing the album, if it stinks then there will be alot of humble pie being eaten...

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Dizzy
« Reply #67 on: May 22, 2004, 09:46:14 AM »

will do...its ok i know i will have the last laugh though...cant tell you when..but i def. will have the last laugh and i cant wait....

All I can say is that Axl goddamn well better deliver the greatest album of all time, because otherwise you'll never be able to live down your extreme overconfidence.

respect Axl for speaking his mind and telling it like it is without giving a fuck about appearances.

Oh yes, let's all just respect Axl, no matter what comes out of his mouth.   Roll Eyes

Let's all respect Hitler for speaking his mind too.  I mean sure, he fucking hated jews, but he spoke his mind right?  And we must respect him for that!   Roll Eyes

in my opinion slash said 'was that really necessary' because as usual he wants to look like 'the good guy' who has no 'hard feelings' against his 'bro'.  i'd prefer if he just came out and said something like 'axl can suck my dick' instead of being two faced

Who the fuck is "We"?  Do you have turds in your pockets?

Everything you said is complete speculative crap (at best), it's ridiculous and unfounded (and that's being nice), and so typical of the "Slash is a liar" crowd.

That's how you know you've worshipped Axl for too long; when you assume that all of his former bandmates must be as resentful and bitter as he is because there is no possble way they could've risen above it and gone on with their lives.  You assume that just because Axl hasn't, nobody else could possibly either.  You assume everybody is all fucking bitter and their every move is a calculated attempt to bring Axl down.  Their entire lives center around destroying Axl.  That's the idea, right?

You have my unconditional pity.  Go ahead, continue to live in your delusional Axl world (a sociopsychotic state of bliss).  No dose of reality can bring you back now.

oh no... wait.. Slash just sent his lawyer in with a note   hihi

You really amuse you, don't you?  We'll see who else laughs at your lame "jokes".

FHM: Does this whole band exist as a fuck you to Axl?
Duff: No.  It?s our statement.

'nuff said.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2004, 02:26:10 PM by Dizzy » Logged
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #68 on: May 22, 2004, 06:32:53 PM »

i'd prefer if he just came out and said something like 'axl can suck my dick' instead of being two faced

& you know this for sure how

Hell why am i even replying you've already said your biased & i dont wish to deal with that

LMAO at eNgIes!
its not a news report
LMAO!
hahaha!
what you said made ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE whatsoever.

PLUS - you keep saying you are not going to reply to my posts...
you say you haven't even read the posts i put in the lawsuit thread... yet YOU KEEP REPLYING TO MY POSTS!

you are on the verge of becoming obsessed with me, no?
 rofl

respect Axl for speaking his mind and telling it like it is without giving a fuck about appearances.

Oh yes, let's all just respect Axl, no matter what comes out of his mouth.   Roll Eyes

Let's all respect Hitler for speaking his mind too.  I mean sure, he fucking hated jews, but he spoke his mind right?  And we must respect him for that!   Roll Eyes

Oh my god!  rofl  Axl is Hitler now!?  
PRICELESS

Axl is no Hitler - and I'm proud to say he is no George Bush either...  hihi

Who the fuck is "We"?  Do you have turds in your pockets?

We is anyone who has fuckin eyeballs.
And what the fuck does 'turds in your pockets' mean?

If its a personal insult you can shove it up your ass.  ok

Everything you said is complete speculative crap (at best), it's ridiculous and unfounded (and that's being nice), and so typical of the "Slash is a liar" crowd.

Are you refering to my comments in the lawsuit thread.
Its on page 2 on the main board if you wanna bump it back up with your comments I'll check 'em out

That's how you know you've worshipped Axl for too long; when you assume that all of his former bandmates must be as resentful and bitter as he is because there is no possble way they could've risen above it and gone on with their lives.  You assume that just because Axl hasn't, nobody else could possibly either.  You assume everybody is all fucking bitter and their every move is a calculated attempt to bring Axl down.  Their entire lives center around destroying Axl.  That's the idea, right?

Um. No.  

You have my unconditional pity.  Go ahead, continue to live in your delusional Axl world (a sociopsychotic state of bliss).  No dose of reality can bring you back now.

LOL!
Thats typical Axl-supporter bashing.
These should be collected into a handy reference guide.

Why do you keep trying to characterize me?
You don't know me.  Don't go there.

oh no... wait.. Slash just sent his lawyer in with a note   hihi

You really amuse you, don't you?  We'll see who else laughs at your lame "jokes".

I'm developing quite the following I see...   rofl

FHM: Does this whole band exist as a fuck you to Axl?
Duff: No.  It?s our statement.

'nuff said.

I didn't say shit about their band.
So the band doesn't exist as a fuck you to axl.
Doesn't mean a 'fuck you' to Axl doesn't exist.

Matter of fact.. last time I checked there was a 16 page 'fuck you' to axl floating around.  hihi

« Last Edit: May 22, 2004, 06:40:44 PM by Eva GnRAxlRosette » Logged
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #69 on: May 22, 2004, 08:31:07 PM »

All I can say is that Axl goddamn well better deliver the greatest album of all time, because otherwise you'll never be able to live down your extreme overconfidence.
ANd you better hope he doesnt because when he does you will witness the greatest gnr message board post the internet has ever seen  Wink

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #70 on: May 22, 2004, 08:47:07 PM »

I also love the way people are so pro-new GNR without even hearing the album, if it stinks then there will be alot of humble pie being eaten...

ok
jrs2001_99
Rocker

I can't believe you just said that

« Reply #71 on: May 22, 2004, 09:20:39 PM »

I also love the way people are so pro-new GNR without even hearing the album, if it stinks then there will be alot of humble pie being eaten...

ok

The sad thing is that the humble pie will just sit there on the table un-eaten, because the Axl fanboys will refuse to admit the slightest, minor flaw in anything produced by Axl or the new GNR.

If Axl were to release an album full of "My World" clones, it would still be undoubtedly the greatest thing since sliced bread according to some people, and something that Velvet Revolver would never be able to "hold a candle to."

Go ahead VR haters, sit there and bash the hell out of VR, just because Axl tells you in your dreams that you must hate Slash...   Roll Eyes it's your loss for wasting undoubtedly some of the best rock music we've heard in years.

The clock is ticking Axl; if you want to rule rock n' roll the way some of your fanboys believe you will, you better get a move on.  ok

http://www.theanswermusic.com/

The best true Irish rock band since Thin Lizzy
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #72 on: May 22, 2004, 09:36:29 PM »

The sad thing is that the humble pie will just sit there on the table un-eaten, because the Axl fanboys will refuse to admit the slightest, minor flaw in anything produced by Axl or the new GNR.
The same way, other people will not praise the album if it deserves praise. I can see the threads and "complaints" now...gee golly that cockaroach soup song is good but i dont liek that sound in the backroundf...is that really necessary?....

If Axl were to release an album full of "My World" clones, it would still be undoubtedly the greatest thing since sliced bread according to some people, and something that Velvet Revolver would never be able to "hold a candle to."
Not really. But if you think that go for it. What Vr cant hold a candle to as of right now is maddy and the blues....then we got the others but we dont want anohter long borig thread....so ill save it

Go ahead VR haters, sit there and bash the hell out of VR, just because Axl tells you in your dreams that you must hate Slash...  
Just because people critisize vr doesnt mean they are haters. some might be but some arent. How is it different than "haters" roaming the gnr boards all of these years creating thousands of bahsing threads regarding everything from axls braids to if he shits the right way. Vr fans just keepsaying sttop comparing the two bands yadaydya ...u cant its only a natural compairson, one in which ha sbeen brought up many times with gnr....

it's your loss for wasting undoubtedly some of the best rock music we've heard in years.
Heres the kicker. Now expalin to me why its the greates rock music we have heard in years. Its cool if you think so its your opinion. But please dont state it as fact. They are average rockers. Nothing to get your panties all wet about....

The clock is ticking Axl; if you want to rule rock n' roll the way some of your fanboys believe you will, you better get a move on.
Something we agree on

Imfuckincrazy
Headliner

Slash is God.

« Reply #73 on: May 22, 2004, 10:09:44 PM »

Yeah, knowing Axl if people started chanting "FUCK SLASH" he probably would've embraced it & helped lead the chant & gone on one of his rants again

Exactly - because the childish bitch Axl acts like a twelve year old if he doesn't get his way. He has no class. The only way that he can prove that he gives even a portion of a shit about his fans is to release that damned CD, but he never did care about his fans, and I don't see why he would now. His fans have been fucked over many times by him, and so have his band members - and that's why he can't keep a fucking band together, because no one can stand to deal with his insane bullshit except his blindly loyal fans who can't get his dick out of their mouths long enough to see what the ex-members are doing for us - or at least even fucking appreciate it - but no, of course the ones who are actually out there releasing shit for us, get shit on, because it's against the ways of the Almighty God Axl Holy Rose, and no one wants to sin against Axl.

You know what, I am fucking sick of this "let's shit on Slash and the ex-members because they're the good guys" crap! What Slash said, if it had been even a tad bit sarcastic, it would have been exaggerated like everything is in news, reviews, magazines, and such crap. People just don't want to face the facts about Axl bitch Rose, so they dig up every little thing they can to exaggerate, or twist around, about what they say to make them seem just as bad or worse than Axl.

If Axl had said that at a concert, of course people would argue about what a saint he is, but seeing that it was mean ol Slash, it just HAD to be wrong, because only Axl's words are true.

I'm so sick of the Axl side, and the Slash side. There should be a certain section of this board where people can rant, rave, and bitch away over this crap without having to see it on the VR board, for VR fans - that way we can discuss and appreciate the new music that is being put out for us, and so that Axl worshipping fucks can constantly make up excuses for their god, and maybe discuss the weather, elsewhere, while they wait and wait and wait for CD to be released, running into walls repeating "It will only be tomorrow, it will only be tomorrow, it will only be tomorrow." Maybe they can get their religious group together and corner people at malls to tell them "Axl loves you."

Though, as far as VR goes, I honestly don't see why people can't just appreciate the music - or not. If you don't like VR because you don't like Scott Weiland as a singer, or you don't like their music, lyrics, or what the fuck ever, that's all fine and good. I respect those opinions because they are reasonable - unlike the idiots who want to boycott the album just because it would go against Axl's wishes to buy it. The way that I see it, Axl doesn't give a shit about any of his fans, including me, or any of you, so why should anyone respect him!?

I didn't read every page of this thread, so sorry if I dug up a bunch of shit that has already been resolved (or momentarily forgotten).

I'm a west coast struttin', one bad mother, got a rattle snake suitcase under my arm
Dizzy
« Reply #74 on: May 22, 2004, 11:11:06 PM »

Not my implication at all.  If you'd read more carefully, it's obvious that I just meant that it's absolutely laughable to say that you respect someone just because he speaks his mind.  

PRICELESS

Indeed.

Axl is no Hitler

Again, that wasn't my insinuation, but even it if were, don't take my word for it....

The final straw was Axl, who was like Adolf....

---Izzy Stradlin, 1993, an excerpt from his reasons for quitting GNR

and I'm proud to say he's no George Bush either....   hihi

Quit it Eva!  You're making me laugh so hard my sides are aching.   Tongue

We is anyone who has fuckin eyeballs

And anybody who has a brain can see that the lawsuit is very valid.  But that's another thread.....

I'll restate it and see if you understand it this time......  Who is we....do you have turds in your pockets?  In case that wasn't enough, I'll explicate the statement's meaning.....you said "we" obviously meaning more than one.  Since not everybody (as you seemingly assume) thinks that Axl is being victimized by this lawsuit, I asked who you were referring to by "we" since you seem to think that someone's with you..hence the "turds in your pockets" quip.  Now I do realize that there are people who do concur with you, so my statement was more or less exaggerated.

Actually it wasn't, but I have to love your eloquent comebacks.  "Shove it up your ass", there's no possible way I could top that (or bottom that), is there now?  :p

Judging by replies by that, it's easy to see you're an Axl disciple, you mirror him perfectly in the unsubtle rant respect.  So ok yourself.

Nope, I was referring to the "They're out to get Axl!" paranoid delusions you were posting on this thread.

Its on page 2 on the main board if you wanna bump it back up with your comments I'll check 'em out

You're right, the lawsuit thread is another thread (see above), and I've already said everything I needed to say long ago.  In fact, I think my comments on that issue are on the first thread, which is now locked.

um no

Mmmm hmmm.

LOL!

Gotta love the Dave-gnrrhff2k style LOLs.

Is it now?  And you're one to talk about making comments considered "typical".

I'll write one for you for the right price.

why do you keep trying to characterize me?

Keep?  This thread is pretty much the first time I've ever replied to you; as for your character, you do a pretty good job of characterizing yourself.  You don't need my help.

you don't know me.  Don't go there.

"Don't go there"?  Or else what?  You'll tell me to 'talk to the hand'?

I'm developing quite the following I see...

Indeed.  Zero fans and counting....    Cheesy

[rofl]

Be careful, Dave's going to be pissed at you stealing his trademark emoticons.  Gotta let the Axl bashers know you're laughing at them, eh?

Yes, that's right!  The paranoid conspiracy theories are alive and well!  THEY'RE OUT TO GET AXL!  Come on, help me sing your hymns!

Matter of fact.. last time I checked there was a 16 page 'fuck you' to axl floating around.

And not one post on whatever thread that is was made by Slash or Duff.

ANd you better hope he doesnt because when he does you will witness the greatest gnr message board post the internet has ever seen

I hope you have the chance to make that post, and I am not being condescending or disingenuous when I say that.  Because I feel bad for Axl loyalists.  I truly do.  Because I am constantly reading the posts made by you guys defending him to the death, and what do you get in return?  Nothing.  He's teased you so much over the past three years telling you how he's going to deliver the album you crave and what has he given you?  Nothing.

So I really do empathize with you, because you (and others) are obviously very passionate about Axl, and he isn't fulfilling the anticipations he has purposefully raised within you.  So I sincerely do hope his fabled album does get released and you are able to make this purported "greatest GNR message board post", because there's nothing worse than waiting around for something that may never happen, and I can understand.

I felt the same way around 1995 when I was waiting for the original lineup to get together and release something, because there was this talk about Izzy returning, and Slash even mentioned Steven Adler here and there, implying that terminating him was a mistake to begin with.  So there I was hoping I'd get another great album from the classic GNR, and then my long-standing hopes dwindled away until it was official that Slash was out.

So again, I can understand and appreciate how it feels to anxiously await something that (deep down) you know might never happen.  So here's to hoping you are able to make that post of yours, younggunner.  And I'll laugh at myself along with you.   peace
« Last Edit: May 22, 2004, 11:44:29 PM by Dizzy » Logged
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #75 on: May 23, 2004, 12:07:01 AM »

There should be a certain section of this board where people can rant, rave, and bitch away over this crap without having to see it on the VR board, for VR fans - that way we can discuss and appreciate the new music that is being put out for us, and so that Axl worshipping fucks can constantly make up excuses for their god, and maybe discuss the weather, elsewhere, while they wait and wait and wait for CD to be released, running into walls repeating "It will only be tomorrow, it will only be tomorrow, it will only be tomorrow." Maybe they can get their religious group together and corner people at malls to tell them "Axl loves you."
Awwwww poor babies. The mature vr fans want to enjoy thier band in their own section. That would have been all fine and dandy but do you know why thats not possible? Because for the past few years people who despise axl or the new band have roamed gnrs boards and continued to bash the band .....bring up pointless topics etc. PAYBACK SUX im not sayign peopel are just here for payback but the "vr fans" have created this backlash that only forces new gnr fans to respond and give their view on vr....like it or not too fukin bad.....get used to it....

I hope you have the chance to make that post, and I am not being condescending or disingenuous when I say that.  Because I feel bad for Axl loyalists.  I truly do.  Because I am constantly reading the posts made by you guys defending him to the death, and what do you get in return?  Nothing.  He's teased you so much over the past three years telling you how he's going to deliver the album you crave and what has he given you?  Nothing.
What i personally dont do is fall into the trap many people fall into. Until the album release is official i wont beleive it. SO for me I havnt been frusterated or "betrayed" by my idol one bit. WHne it comes out i will be there.

So I really do empathize with you, because you (and others) are obviously very passionate about Axl, and he isn't fulfilling the anticipations he has purposefully raised within you.  So I sincerely do hope his fabled album does get released and you are able to make this purported "greatest GNR message board post", because there's nothing worse than waiting around for something that may never happen, and I can understand.
3 albums 10million plus....it will eventually come out my friend...
Gnr fans expect the best from this band. Why settle for less. Why just say we just want reg rock when we can have that and more. The expectations are high....the reward will be sweet.....
So again, I can understand and appreciate how it feels to anxiously await something that (deep down) you know might never happen.  So here's to hoping you are able to make that post of yours, younggunner.  And I'll laugh at myself along with you.
cheers to that...

deep down inside the reason why gnr message boards exist today with all of this intensity and passion is because of the mystery axl has built. DEEP DOWN INSIDE even the haters know that theres a distinct possibility that axl rose has made something very special. whethe ryou think he is capapble of carrying it all out. or if u just think hes an asshole....thats a whole different thing....but there is a very good chance that he has made something that meets or surpasses all gnr efforts......and if he does, well.........youll be reading a very lenghty post to say the least

Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #76 on: May 23, 2004, 02:14:01 AM »

My reply is contained below within the quote box in red bold type face .

Not my implication at all.  If you'd read more carefully, it's obvious that I just meant that it's absolutely laughable to say that you respect someone just because he speaks his mind.

Just because?  No not 'just because' he speaks his mind.  Its one of the many reasons I respect Axl.  As for Slash I pointed out why I have the impression of him which I expressed.

PRICELESS

Indeed.

Axl is no Hitler

Again, that wasn't my insinuation, but even it if were, don't take my word for it....

The final straw was Axl, who was like Adolf....

---Izzy Stradlin, 1993, an excerpt from his reasons for quitting GNR

Ah... the gospel according to Izzy.  I must pick that up.  hihi

and I'm proud to say he's no George Bush either....   hihi

Quit it Eva!  You're making me laugh so hard my sides are aching.   Tongue

Tongue right back atcha

We is anyone who has fuckin eyeballs

And anybody who has a brain can see that the lawsuit is very valid.  But that's another thread.....

Are you implying that I don't have a brain?
I did not attempt to invalidate the suit (technical/literally)
I did, in fact, state that they may have found a loophole that Slash was looking for... and were excercising legal opportunism.
I never said they did not have the right to make their claims.  I never said that they did not have what could be reasonably percieved as valid cause/motivation to make their claim.  I fully understand that Axl has apparently prevented them from earning potential income.
They are seeking sole control of the catalogue to ensure they would not prevented from future earnings.  And they feel that Axl should have to pay them what they were unable to earn because of his actions.  But beyond this declatory and compensatory judgement they are seeking punitive damages levying claim of intent to defraud with malice.  This is where things become subjective.  I can very reasonably have the opinion that their seeking to damage/punish him financially (beyond what his actions 'cost' them) and implicating criminal intent is contemptable.  Hence 'dirty deeds'.  My opinion from my very healthy... active...... brain.
 Grin

I'll restate it and see if you understand it this time......  Who is we....do you have turds in your pockets?  In case that wasn't enough, I'll explicate the statement's meaning.....you said "we" obviously meaning more than one.  Since not everybody (as you seemingly assume) thinks that Axl is being victimized by this lawsuit, I asked who you were referring to by "we" since you seem to think that someone's with you..hence the "turds in your pockets" quip.  Now I do realize that there are people who do concur with you, so my statement was more or less exaggerated.

Ah, I see.

Actually it wasn't, but I have to love your eloquent comebacks.  "Shove it up your ass", there's no possible way I could top that (or bottom that), is there now?  :p

Judging by replies by that, it's easy to see you're an Axl disciple, you mirror him perfectly in the unsubtle rant respect.  So ok yourself.

Unstable rant?  5 words doesn't qualify as a rant  Tongue

Nope, I was referring to the "They're out to get Axl!" paranoid delusions you were posting on this thread.

Parnoid delusions?  They are seeking to punish and have him declared a malicious fraud.  and uh... yeah - I believe that he is "fuckin' innocent" ok

You're right, the lawsuit thread is another thread (see above), and I've already said everything I needed to say long ago.  In fact, I think my comments on that issue are on the first thread, which is now locked.

um no

Mmmm hmmm.

LOL!

Gotta love the Dave-gnrrhff2k style LOLs.

C'mon....  "LOL!" was not invented by Dave.   Roll Eyes

Is it now?  And you're one to talk about making comments considered "typical".

I'll write one for you for the right price.

hahahaha!  I'm sure you have enough of 'em to do so.
btw:  do you like the "hahahaha!" better?
Does that work for you is what I'm asking?
I aims to please

why do you keep trying to characterize me?

Keep?  This thread is pretty much the first time I've ever replied to you; as for your character, you do a pretty good job of characterizing yourself.  You don't need my help.

The 'keep' was within the context of this, your sole reply to me -
Namely your reference to my comments as being those of an Axl worshiper, followed by several assumptions you presumptously (and might I add incorrectly) credited me as having, and then finally your assertion that I live in delusional Axl world.  Those are the characterizations I was refering to.  Hope that helps.
As far as characterizing myself - I am an Axl supporter - and proud of it.  Don't need your pity.

you don't know me.  Don't go there.

"Don't go there"?  Or else what?  You'll tell me to 'talk to the hand'?

You make me laugh.  I laughed when I read that.  And oh to clarify, I mean laughing as in with you, not at you.  That was funny.  

I am a strong believer in personal attacks being off limits.
I will state, clarify, defend my opinions etc. with pride and honor.
I will not defend my character to a stranger.
I have enough respect to the board and board members to discuss issues, feelings, beliefs, etc. and if I am going to post my opinions on the board - I don't mind explaining the basis for my opinions.
Do not go there - means it is not appropriate nor within the spirit of a disucssion to attempt to discredit a board members views by attempting to put them down with comments such as: you are blind, you are brainless, you are a 'fanboy', you are an Axl disciple, you are delusional, etc.
Address the issues.  Not the poster.  That's all I'm saying.

I'm developing quite the following I see...

Indeed.  Zero fans and counting....    Cheesy

You know you love me.  Grin Hence your efforts to save me from my paranoid delusional blind state of Axl worshipping.  hihi
[/color]

Be careful, Dave's going to be pissed at you stealing his trademark emoticons.  Gotta let the Axl bashers know you're laughing at them, eh?

I'm just having me a jolly ol' time.  
And hey - lemme ask you something if you don't mind.
Do you get a nickel everyime you mention Dave?  If you do I want some of that action.
ha! ha! ha!*
*note: ha! ha! ha! means I was 'making funny'.
I was't laughing at you....
I swear...
 Grin

Yes, that's right!  The paranoid conspiracy theories are alive and well!  THEY'RE OUT TO GET AXL!  Come on, help me sing your hymns!

Hyms.... oh I get it.  Another worship reference.
Followed by another reference to paranoia.  *yawn*
Oh you forgot 'delusional... and if I may point out also, you opted, in fact entirely thoughout not to invoke the ever popular 'fanboy' reference.
I take it your handy dandy soon to be published guide to Axl-supporter bashing will not include 'fangirl'
 Tongue

Matter of fact.. last time I checked there was a 16 page 'fuck you' to axl floating around.

And not one post on whatever thread that is was made by Slash or Duff.

I wasn't refering to any thread.  The lawsuit is 16 pages. (FYI)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2004, 02:20:47 AM by Eva GnRAxlRosette » Logged
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #77 on: May 23, 2004, 08:14:22 AM »

My respect for Slash has gone up a couple of notches over the limit hihi

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
eNgIeS
Rocker

OHHHH RIGGGHHHTT

« Reply #78 on: May 23, 2004, 10:38:22 AM »

Did you see her website, she's a nutter you wont get thru to her
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #79 on: May 23, 2004, 01:59:42 PM »

Did you see her website, she's a nutter you wont get thru to her

Did you see our rules, you're breaking them right there.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: