Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:51:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Spectacle - VR on tour
| | | | |-+  Philly....May 28....countdown is on....WHO'S GOING?
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Philly....May 28....countdown is on....WHO'S GOING?  (Read 12662 times)
sandman
Legend

« on: May 23, 2004, 06:31:42 PM »

5 days til the VR show at the electric factory in philly. i am so freakin psyched!! i haven't been this excited for a show in a long time.

anyone going?

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2004, 08:42:46 PM »

Im going, and yes, Im very excited.  However, coming from Jersey, Im a little worried about traffic due to Memorial Day Weekend  nervous ...Not sure what time I will be making it up there, but I certainly trying to get in the front.
Dizzy
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2004, 11:31:39 PM »

Well, as you two know from PMs, I secured a ticket to this show through a dude who had one he wasn't using.

Sandman, you mentioned there is a bar attached to the Electric Factory, how about any forum members meet there?
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2004, 12:04:23 AM »

dizzy and booker how come you arent going to the nyc concert? lol i was going to go to the philly one. That would have been fun. we could have met. wow. younggunner meets dizzy and booker....that would be interesting....o well maybe next time...anyways booker where in nj do you live?

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Dizzy
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2004, 09:45:31 AM »

Hell, I don't even live in the Philly area, I live in Virginia, so even this show is a 4 hour drive and requiring an overnight stay.  NYC would be even further away.

I couldn't get a ticket to the D.C. show which would've been the closest to me, and only got a ticket to this one because some dude I came across happened to have an extra.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2004, 10:59:22 AM »

got ya

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2004, 01:51:41 PM »

I have my tickets for Friday night's show in Philly.  It will be great to hear Slash peform live.  I wonder how close to the stage I will be?  I doubt I will drink too much, because I don;t want to lose my spot for a bathroom break!

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
sandman
Legend

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2004, 07:02:06 PM »

i'm a little worried myself about traffic getting down there. i'm planning on getting there around 5:30.

there is a bar practically connected to the eletric factory called Whiskey Dix. cool place but more importantly, it's convenient.

i'd be interested in meeting everyone that's heading to the show. if anyone else wants to, let's pick a meeting time at that bar.

Tommie
Imma Gunna
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2004, 07:27:11 PM »

I want to go!!!  LoL I tried to get tickets, but I waited to long and they were all sold out.

crying

Tommie

When life gave Jack Bauer lemons, he used them to kill terrorists...Jack Bauer hates lemonade.
www.gnrevolution.com
K-Rock
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2004, 09:44:06 PM »

I want to go!!!  LoL I tried to get tickets, but I waited to long and they were all sold out.

crying

Tommie

Awww shit Tommie.......does that mean the girl you brought to the 12-06-02 GNR riot is not going to be there??

crying crying crying
Dizzy
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2004, 10:36:30 PM »

I assume the bar serves food, correct?  Since the show starts at 8:30, I might arrive at the bar around 6:30 or 7:00 to eat.

I hope to arrive in Philadelphia around 3:00 p.m., so I can have tons of time to scope out the area and know where everything is, and check into my hotel and have time to take a brief nap.  Hey, bitter old men need their naptimes, ya know.   Tongue
Tommie
Imma Gunna
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2004, 11:35:25 PM »

LoL I cant believe you actually remember the chick!   She was pretty sweet wasnt she?  Did we talk at the concert?  It was awhile ago, and I honestly dont remember if we talked or not.  

Tommie

When life gave Jack Bauer lemons, he used them to kill terrorists...Jack Bauer hates lemonade.
www.gnrevolution.com
Imfuckincrazy
Headliner

Slash is God.

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2004, 12:20:59 AM »

*sighs*  Cry

I'm a west coast struttin', one bad mother, got a rattle snake suitcase under my arm
PhillyRiot
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2004, 12:21:52 PM »

Any parking advice?  I remember one show I went there and had to park in an alley way, and I felt like I was in the F'n jungle!!!

sandman
Legend

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2004, 05:42:49 PM »

there's a parking lot right there. it's kinda small but there's usually parking available. i always park on the street. there's plenty of parking within a couple of blocks. i usually park on spring garden st., somewhere between 6th and 3rd. i wouldn't go above 7th to look for parking, stay towards the lower numbered streets. there's more going on, and there's some really cool bars on 3rd and spring garden.

i think i have some extra tix if anyone wants any. with the service charge they were $29 a piece. i could probably come up with 2 extras.

Whiskey Dix does serve food. sometimes before a show it gets a little crowded in there. basically standing room only, so seating is tough. but they do serve food. i'm actually a huge fan of the pizza they serve inside the electric factory. it's $2 a slice (not too bad for a concert venue), and it's a good size and quite tasty!

K-Rock
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2004, 09:04:44 PM »

LoL I cant believe you actually remember the chick!   She was pretty sweet wasnt she?  Did we talk at the concert?  It was awhile ago, and I honestly dont remember if we talked or not.  

Tommie

No, we didn't talk.  I didn't even know that was you with her.  I just remembered watching her walk up and down the stairs past me all night then you describing her, on this board, after the show.

Does she still have that WONDERFUL outfit?
weilandhighway
Opening Act

Guess What You're Riding? The Weiland highway

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2004, 09:15:30 PM »

I went to the detroit concert and it was awsome, so i bet yours will be as good if not better Wink

Velvet Revolver
PhillyRiot
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2004, 10:49:54 AM »

Thanks for the advice Sandman.

Dizzy
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2004, 11:01:37 AM »

there's a parking lot right there. it's kinda small but there's usually parking available. i always park on the street. there's plenty of parking within a couple of blocks. i usually park on spring garden st.,

You said the parking on Spring Garden Street is free, right?  And the parking lot you have to pay?
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2004, 12:22:24 PM »

I'm not going. crying Are any of you guys going to Rolling Rock?
bill213
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2004, 12:25:28 PM »

Yeah girlgunner i'm headed there instead.  31st is gonna kickass.  I don't really care too much about the other bands but I'm sure scott will probably do a song with Crystal Method too.  Anyhow yeah definitely gonna kick ass....beer and velvet revolver  love
PhillyRiot
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2004, 04:07:56 PM »

What time is everyone getting there?  I plan on being there by 7 pm.  Is that too late?

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2004, 08:41:57 PM »

Dizzy, will you leave your cane at home?  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Dizzy
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2004, 08:52:36 PM »

Dizzy, will you leave your cane at home?  hihi

No, because there may be some jovial young lovers there who need to be beaten senseless!   rant
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2004, 09:56:54 PM »

Yeah girlgunner i'm headed there instead.  31st is gonna kickass.  I don't really care too much about the other bands but I'm sure scott will probably do a song with Crystal Method too.  Anyhow yeah definitely gonna kick ass....beer and velvet revolver  love

Sweet, I will be there too!  beer

No, because there may be some jovial young lovers there who need to be beaten senseless!   rant

Do you have something against us young folks?  Tongue
sandman
Legend

« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2004, 05:59:58 PM »

6:00 and i'm on my way out the door. i'm so freakin psyched i can't even sit still.

there are a few of us going so i'm sure we'll have some reviews on here shortly after.

i'll be lookin for a tall dude wit a dolphins hat on!

PEACE!

Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2004, 12:51:11 AM »

Yeah, you're too damn happy!   Tongue

(inside joke, dear)

Hey, some young people are old bitter people in training.  Tongue
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: