Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:17:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Spectacle - VR on tour
| | | | |-+  The David Letterman Show 5/25/04
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The David Letterman Show 5/25/04  (Read 63970 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #140 on: May 28, 2004, 06:53:53 PM »

Why is it funny that Slash was wearing NIN T-shirt?  are you implying that just because Fink is connected he shouldn't be wearing it or that he was taking the piss or what?
It has nothing to do with Finck. I just found it funny how all the Slash supporters always bash Axls apparent techno craze or whatver and SLash was wearing the biggest band in that genres shirt. I could care less it was just funny.

People do not see music in such narrow terms as some on this board seem to.
I agree with you on that 100%

I don't understand why the way some one is dressed- bothers people so much?  It's cool and important for a front man to be that confident - imo.
I agree once again. WHo gives a fuck how a band member r band dresses. Its rock n roll. But scan these boards especially over the past few years and you will get fashion 101 classes.

I am still waiting for one of the "defenders" to write a functional response. I mean how is anyone expected to take "peopel" or "liek" seriously. After reading it for about a year now, I highly doubt its mistyped that frequently.
It cant be bothering the great people here on the boards too much. As for my misspellings. SOrry, I know it doesnt look professional or whatver but I could careless. If people wanna take me seriously or not I could care less. And its not intentional. I just take really fast. I have a 4.0 in college so I guess my spelling isnt too bad. Especially since i had to write about 20 million papers this past year :}

This is also a thread about the Letterman performance, not Chris Pitman. I am not sure why people feel the need to infiltrate this thread with useless comments. As someone stated, Pitman could be the coolest dude around and he would still be a joke. Whats his purpose? Does he play the drum "loop" on Madagascar
I know it sux that threads get off topic. But once again thats how its been on the gnr boars over the years. It sux but its funny how it comes full circle.

As for pittman...to make fun or question his role in the band is stupid. You have no idea what he does or what he brings to the band for the CD and the rest of the albums. Just wait till the material is out and then judge him.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2004, 06:56:35 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
charl!edontsurf
Rocker

Axl doesn't surf either...

« Reply #141 on: May 28, 2004, 07:23:27 PM »

Pitman was stated as a touring member. Thats why he gets such slack. To be honest, when I saw them live, I dont think I even looked at him once. So I really can't tell you what he does.

VAN: 11-7-2002 (RIOT!)
TACOMA: 11-8-2002
LONDON: 6-7-2006
DUBLIN: 6-9-2006
PARIS: 6-20-2006
ZURICH: 7-1-2006
CGY: 12-6-2006
EDM: 12-7-2006
CGY: 1-16-2010
EDM: 1-17-2010
SEA: 12-16-2011
VAN:
St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #142 on: May 28, 2004, 07:34:39 PM »

I don't know what the fuck spelling has got to do with Rock n' Roll.  Bloody hell,  see internet and Rock do not mix. It's just a mix that is not getting on lol

Picking out spelling and punctuation mistakes is sad. As you have people from all backgrounds and nationalities, different levels of intelligence, different levels of intoxications lol and so on....

Come on this is not the school play ground, this is Rock n' Roll check your nut sack cause you need some balls to play along lol

Anyway back on topic lol   I think i have come up with what i think- sums up peoples opinion of VR ok. This is just general, not type casting everybody.  But i think it's split into 2 maybe three ways.

Those Love the idea of Scott Weiland as a front man anyway and this is just a dream band you would not have thought would happen.  - i'm in this group of people.

Then you have those who really wanted Bach or some one from that era and haven't really got over that.

Which if i'm honest i can understand from the point of view: if he was the singer i would hardly be interested at all in VR they would have just looked a cheesy metal joke IMO  

So i think it's just a case of where you are coming from whether you like the flamboyant wide range approach to music of Scott Weiland or the more macho hair metal from the likes of Bach.

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #143 on: May 28, 2004, 10:08:52 PM »

I am still waiting for one of the "defenders" to write a functional response. I mean how is anyone expected to take "peopel" or "liek" seriously. After reading it for about a year now, I highly doubt its mistyped that frequently.

This is also a thread about the Letterman performance, not Chris Pitman. I am not sure why people feel the need to infiltrate this thread with useless comments. As someone stated, Pitman could be the coolest dude around and he would still be a joke. Whats his purpose? Does he play the drum "loop" on Madagascar?

Way to dodge a question.
So typical.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #144 on: May 28, 2004, 11:41:55 PM »

The dude is married to a supermodel, quit worrying about him looking gay.
Really? Do you have a pic of his wife? Who is she?

haha, just because a guy is married doesn't mean he's not gay or bi.

And IMO to be married to a supermodel is usually a red flag that a guy is gay!

hihi

Either way, I don't give a shit. The guy is a little fem when he moves around, but it still looks cool. Just like Jagger is a little fem (and a little gay too) and he has been with women for years.
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #145 on: May 29, 2004, 12:16:12 AM »

Jagger moves are cool. Weilands arent  no
oldleadbelly
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #146 on: May 29, 2004, 03:28:54 AM »

The dude is married to a supermodel, quit worrying about him looking gay.
Really? Do you have a pic of his wife? Who is she?

haha, just because a guy is married doesn't mean he's not gay or bi.

And IMO to be married to a supermodel is usually a red flag that a guy is gay!

hihi

Either way, I don't give a shit. The guy is a little fem when he moves around, but it still looks cool. Just like Jagger is a little fem (and a little gay too) and he has been with women for years.

Good point SLCPUNK.  I know Weiland is very sexually open.  I mean I've been a fan of his since '92, and i got a pretty good laugh at the supermodel red flag comment.  Again, a good point.  But, uhh, yeah, that reduces my point to he is married. rofl

for anyone curious here are some links to pictures of his wife Mary Forsberg:
http://www.geocities.com/dnslave/scottandmary.htm
http://internettrash.com/users/fairuza/bathroom.jpg
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #147 on: May 29, 2004, 07:20:46 AM »

Scott Weiland is a cool lookin mothefucker

he is one of the few true rockstars still around!

would u rather scott be like he is? or act like the lead singer from hoobastank or something?

Scott is rock n roll, scott kicks ass and i think his moves fuckin rock!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #148 on: May 29, 2004, 11:44:34 AM »

I still have yet to see this!!!  The link on VRonline.com no longer works and the hub gives my connection too many fits....could anyone help out??
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #149 on: May 29, 2004, 12:09:03 PM »

Way to dodge a question.
So typical.

so then perhaps you shouldn't dodge the questions and tell us where slash fucks upp the solo jeeezz.... confused

and scott is the last true rock star in it's true format! and to those who thinks he looks gay, for fucks sake, how gay didn't slash and steve and izzy look when they were so fucked up on heroine back in the days! look at the way slash acts infront of the mic during st. louis and shit like that. heroing and strong narcotic drugs like that, but specially heroine, does make your body and it's hormone balance act alot more feminine... nothing about wanting a dick up your ass!

it pisses me off so bad that the best thing you can say about wieland is that he is gay... pathetic... fools... so fucking illiterate or whatever  hihi

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #150 on: May 29, 2004, 10:19:35 PM »

Way to dodge a question.
So typical.

so then perhaps you shouldn't dodge the questions and tell us where slash fucks upp the solo jeeezz.... confused

and scott is the last true rock star in it's true format! and to those who thinks he looks gay, for fucks sake, how gay didn't slash and steve and izzy look when they were so fucked up on heroine back in the days! look at the way slash acts infront of the mic during st. louis and shit like that. heroing and strong narcotic drugs like that, but specially heroine, does make your body and it's hormone balance act alot more feminine... nothing about wanting a dick up your ass!

it pisses me off so bad that the best thing you can say about wieland is that he is gay... pathetic... fools... so fucking illiterate or whatever  hihi

Just listen to the live solo and the single one, you can tell easily.
how is scott the last true rock star/
he is trying to be axl rose
just listen tohis rants
scott will be in jail before sept

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
bill213
« Reply #151 on: May 29, 2004, 10:21:54 PM »

that is the most childish response i've ever seen dave....c'mon man you're getting worse and worse.
oldleadbelly
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #152 on: May 30, 2004, 01:02:45 AM »

Way to dodge a question.
So typical.

Just listen to the live solo and the single one, you can tell easily.
just listen tohis rants

Dave, your ignorance is sooooo cute...no really...it is ok
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #153 on: May 30, 2004, 01:07:46 AM »

Dave, Slash didnt fuck up the solo, for gods sake... I actually prefer the Letterman one  ok
Dizzy
« Reply #154 on: May 30, 2004, 10:45:23 AM »

Only in your eyes.   Because to you, every aspect of life is in competition with Axl Rose.  It's just that you're the only one keeping score.

just listen tohis rants

So anybody who ever rants onstage is attempting to emulate Axl Rose?

Childish shit.
starchild_666
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #155 on: May 30, 2004, 01:29:59 PM »

Only in your eyes.   Because to you, every aspect of life is in competition with Axl Rose.  It's just that you're the only one keeping score.

just listen tohis rants

So anybody who ever rants onstage is attempting to emulate Axl Rose?

Childish shit.
let's just leave this looser dave-gnfnr2k alone... let him post what he wants, but just ignore his posts  Smiley
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #156 on: May 30, 2004, 03:16:41 PM »

Wow it?s easy to ruffle the feathers of VR fans.  And I love how you are all getting pissy for me giving my view on things.

Like I said, and VR fans can deny it all they want, Slash blew some notes and fucked up the solo on Letterman. The only person you are fooling is yourself.

As for Scott trying to act like Axl Rose, of coarse he is, just listen to his interviews or rants about that guy in the press.
The ironic thing is though, when Scott did it, you all thought it was cool, but when Axl does the same thing you call him an asshole.
Go figure.

As for me being immature for saying Scott will be back in jail/rehab by sept, why is that immature?

You can?t tell me you are not worried he will relapse.
The sad thing is, Scott has gotten so many 2nd chances its not even funny, the guy needs help and is not getting it. He really needs to get it before he hurts someone else.

Another ironic thing is this, it was a big joke when people make fun of Axl for supposedly having a metal break down or even for having personal problems and battling his inner demons, yet for Scott we should all cry him a river.

Gotta love VR fans and their twisted logic.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #157 on: May 30, 2004, 03:44:01 PM »

Wow it?s easy to ruffle the feathers of VR fans.  And I love how you are all getting pissy for me giving my view on things.

Like I said, and VR fans can deny it all they want, Slash blew some notes and fucked up the solo on Letterman. The only person you are fooling is yourself.

As for Scott trying to act like Axl Rose, of coarse he is, just listen to his interviews or rants about that guy in the press.
The ironic thing is though, when Scott did it, you all thought it was cool, but when Axl does the same thing you call him an asshole.
Go figure.

As for me being immature for saying Scott will be back in jail/rehab by sept, why is that immature?

The sad thing is, Scott has gotten so many 2nd chances its not even funny, the guy needs help and is not getting it. He really needs to get it before he hurts someone else.

Another ironic thing is this, it was a big joke when people make fun of Axl for supposedly having a metal break down or even for having personal problems and battling his inner demons, yet for Scott we should all cry him a river.

OK...WE GET YOUR FUCKING POINT!!!

Great ! Big fuckin' deal! You love Axl!

Enough already!!!!

Go back to your sandbox and play!

NOBODY, I MEAN...NOBODY cares!!

For the love of all things holy....

DROP IT!!!!!!!!!!

Thankyou for letting me share. Grin
neko
Rocker

Coco el rey de las moronas

« Reply #158 on: May 30, 2004, 04:03:01 PM »

whats the problem if Scott is gay or bisexual? he cant be a Rock Star then?

i personally dont like much the way Scott dances and that stuff , i like his voice , i have to watch more of him to see if i like it or not (not that anyone cares).
i dont think his trying to be Axl Rose , he is just himself .

bill213
« Reply #159 on: May 30, 2004, 04:43:14 PM »

Go figure.

Haha what the hell are you blabbering about?  Just because low and behold a magazine writer makes a statement putting down scott and he retaliates all of a sudden he's attempting to be like axl rose?  wow that's kind of vague don't you think.  And lets not forget the slash blew a single note :O omg , if you've ever listened to any of the old GNR boots he always experimented on his solo's live and as far as i care about scott weiland staying clean it's his own fucking choice.  If he wants to relapse oh well, the guy can handle himself.....hell personally i think he was trashed on the stern show.  But your problem is you're taking out your frustrations on not having a Guns N Roses album to hear on Velvet Revolver.  Just get over the shit really.....Also i think your problem is you don't understand that because Guns N Roses were one of the biggest bands in the world in the 80's and early 90's that of course so many eyes are put upon them coming up and people are gonna put extra pressure on Axl and his wrongdoings because he is in the spotlight.  As for Velvet Revolver, the guys are basically starting over anew in a different era than when they were really famous.  They're still a new band and people are gonna of course rave and rant that they're awesome because even you have to admit they're a breath of fresh air for the whole music community.  My whole point is.......just because a few dipshits on this board don't understand Axl Rose and constantly bitch about how he doesn't release anything or how he looks, you shouldn't take that and fuel your rants about Velvet Revolver.  Because most level headed guns n roses fans would also support VR due to the respect of the ex band members and what they did for gnr and vice versa.  I dont' think you understand the fact that most fans of VR are also GNR fans and are happy to have TWO bands to enjoy.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2004, 04:45:32 PM by Bildo aka Bill213 » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: