Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:03:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Spectacle - VR on tour
| | | | |-+  The David Letterman Show 5/25/04
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The David Letterman Show 5/25/04  (Read 63971 times)
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2004, 12:36:18 AM »

slash looked good in his black leathers, scott still looks gay with his little black vest and low cut jeans. His pose at the end of the set made me turn red, turn head, and cough.

Not a bad performance, but the vocals needed to be turned up. Not a strong song, but performed well.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2004, 12:37:23 AM »

It was okay, but Scott's dilly-dallying around is just mind-numbing.

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2004, 12:39:46 AM »

Slash fucked up the solo, he pretty much butchered it.
Weilands singing leaves a lot to be disired

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2004, 12:44:30 AM »

the vocals needed to be turned up, but the performance was fine. Nothing bad happened, nothing spectacular either. They did their job.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2004, 01:05:33 AM »

No major fuck ups, sounded good, looked cool..

It's definately the Scott and Slash show, as it should be..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
axl1962
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2004, 01:06:26 AM »

Dave, what the fuck are you talking about?  I'm tired of your constant negativity.  I thought the performance was fucking awesome.  The best straight up rock n' roll I've seen in a while.  The song, and the image Velvet Revolver has is reminiscent of GNR in their prime.  I love that bad ass rock n' roll image, as opposed to GNR'S now circus like portrayal.  Dave before you bitch me out by saying the music is the most important thing, or for not being open minded, I for one will be buying Chinese Democracy if and when it ever comes out.  However, I was open minded and enjoyed seeing this performance and made me wish even more for the days of the real GNR in their prime.

Gunner17
Rocker

What we got here is...

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2004, 01:16:49 AM »

Are you kidding me? Maybe we weren't watching the same show Dave?

Scott's vocals weren't the best, but they certainly weren't terrible. Also, Slash nailed the solo...It doesn't have to be exactly the same live as the studio version...You know that, right? Roll Eyes
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2004, 01:20:28 AM »

Dave what the hell is your deal. All you do is look for something about VR to bitch about.  Are you jealous that Slash is out there playing his music and not cancelling the tour, like your icon Axl Does. If anyone loves GnR as much as you say you do, you would atleast respect what Slash and Duff are doing and be open to their new music

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2004, 01:23:08 AM »

Alot to be desired Dave? Just because Axl puts his fans on hold, and cancells concerts on people like me doesnt mean you have to Bash Scott. Scott is a hell of a front man. If he wasnt STP wouldnt be as big as it was.

I love Axl, but dont Bash Scott, because Axl won't Deliver CD.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2004, 01:23:42 AM »

I'm getting ready to tape it here in about 4 minutes.

Dave you can't think that anybody takes you seriously man. I wonder what your deal is? Axl is perfect, album is always 'around the corner', and VR just blows. Give us all a break dude.
wildaxl
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2004, 01:27:27 AM »

dave u can say whatever the hell u wanna say,but my friend the world right now belongs to VELVET REVOLVER
not to axl rose,I'm so sorry for you bud! rofl

good performance tonight! beer
« Last Edit: May 26, 2004, 01:29:18 AM by wildaxl » Logged
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2004, 01:29:13 AM »

Why even bother replying to Dave?

That performance was incredible!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2004, 01:37:53 AM »

Yea, Slash fucked it all up... Roll Eyes

Great performance!

I didn't feel that Scott was over the top at all. MHO
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2004, 01:43:04 AM »

I would consider wearing white biker shorts and having your package bulging out on your only Live concert release and doing leg kicks in the air and wearing leather chaps EXTREMELY OVER THE TOP!!!

but I never worried about it before why should I know
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2004, 01:43:26 AM »

I can't get over how cool all the guys look. I mean for being close to or in their 40's, their style is still classic yet still cool. Whoever is styling them is doing a fantastic job as they have kept their look classic yet current. They just look like a rock and roll band up there and it creates an awesome vibe about them. All of the pictures we see of them just rock. I think their image is going to help endear them to the public as they haven't changed a bit, yet still look as good or better than they did 15 years ago.
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2004, 01:43:27 AM »

Dave I kinda agree with you bro, the solo was done well, but I don't think the right effect was in it or something. I don't know a lot about guitars but the solo was the right notes but sounded like the wrong effect or tone.

Duff was perfect, Dave was fine. Matt was great... Scott's vocals were fine, the bridge to the verse to chorus was a little weak, it needed more rythm it sounded like.

Overall it was a decent performance. Slash was in all black leather, jacket and pants. The jacket was too big and he looked a little thick in the face.

Duff looked cool as hell and Scott looked weird. Did he get his hair changed? I think so. The performance was good not great. I was dissapointed. Hey it's just Letterman though... it's not supposed to be extravegant... right?

TR

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2004, 01:50:52 AM »

Here's all we need to know about Dave and how he looks at this situation.

When Finck/Bucket screwed up Slash's solos it was that they were just improvising a bit.....when Slash does the same to material he wrote....he butchers it.
Same thing as Scott....when he has a so-so night it is he being terrible.....When Axl tries to sing songs he can't sing like he used to 15 years ago....its that his voice is much better now and somehow that is how the song was originally meant to be sung. The excuses work just fine with Dave as long as they protect Axl and his employees.

This whole thing is ridiculous....enjoy the fact they are making and playing music for people to hear. We have waited 13 years for a new Guns album of original material, enjoy the fact that at least we have SOMETHING new to listen to while we wait for the second coming of Jesus(otherwise known as the CD that will never be seen). I mean would you rather have no VR and no CD....or just no CD at all because its not coming any time soon. Just enjoy the times....Slash and them still look cool and hope people embrace them, because maybe it will actually inspire kids to start playing guitar so we don't have to listen to the shit MTV keeps feeding us.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2004, 01:53:03 AM »

Letterman probalby likes the way Scott dresses.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2004, 02:08:45 AM »

GOD DAMN IT i missed it!

FUCK FUCK FUCK

i love VR scott is androginous *spell check* but he fuckin rocks!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2004, 02:36:25 AM »

Sounds like a damn fine performance. Wish I would have seen it. I guess I will sooner or later. Actually fuck it, I will be seeing a whole show in less than 4 days. I think my cousin is actually recording Letterman to watch for the belowempty site.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: