Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 12:58:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Spectacle - VR on tour
| | | | |-+  The David Letterman Show 5/25/04
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The David Letterman Show 5/25/04  (Read 64527 times)
bill213
« Reply #80 on: May 26, 2004, 12:54:39 PM »

actually it's another hub......the addy is axlrose.no-ip.info and that's where I posted the Letterman show last night... my name is bildo on there and the file size is 39mb's it's in really good mpeg quality too.  I'll also put the making of VR's video up too whenever i get the chance to catch.
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #81 on: May 26, 2004, 12:57:37 PM »

And why the fuck can't people like both VR and new GnR?

I do! I totally like 'em both, man. I'm probably more of a GNR/Axl fan, but I'm realistic enough to know VR is more of a band and more likely to produce something for me, and I very much enjoyed this performance.

One reason the energy might not have been superhigh is that Dave keeps the temperature of the Ed Sullivan Theater in the 50s and the audience was probably just a bunch of tourists. Not a very inspiring setting. It was still a compelling performace that will probably create interest in the band and the album, which is why they play these shows.

This is the first performance I've seen of VR. I really like Scott, I appreciate his singing a lot more than I did with STP. Nothing jaw dropping ala vintage Axl, but a lot of feeling and nuance. Way better than Eric Dover or Rod Jackson, man. His dancing is very sexual, and that's going to cause problems for repressed homosexuals. As rock showmanship goes, I find it pretty effective compared to the Korn, Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit hyper-aggressive jumpin' around monotony.

Slash is still Slash. I'll always listen to anything Slash has to offer. Unlike Dave, I loved his solo. Pretty tight, I like the way they do that quick pause off the drums and then Slash's solo kicks in. Thumbs up for Slash.

Duff, damn! He looks great! Looks like the old Duff, except with a tan. He looked terrible during the UYI years, pale and bloated. He looks better than ever right now. Duff has a great stage presence too. Here's a guy that belongs on a rock stage.

I've never cared for Matt's drumming or stage persona, still don't. Dave Kushner had no impact on me atol.

As a unit (and as I expected) Slash, Duff, and Scott carry all the weight. The three of them have a very interesting old-school, ex-junkie camaraderie that comes across very well. I'm sure they've had better live performances during the current tour, but this being the first I've seen, I definitely liked it and I'm looking forward to hearing more of the new material.

I've seen enough.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #82 on: May 26, 2004, 03:43:03 PM »

just purely hypothetical, isn't it possible to put (a) certain member(s) of this board on ignore? so you can't see what they post?
that would be an awesome feature to have here.
just in case someone, hypothetically, posts annoying shit that I don't wanna read all over the forum, but I don't know where the posts will appear, and when I read them, I have the urge to say things that might end up getting me banned. remember, it's just a hypothetical question!

and if that's not possible, and you get the same feeling that I just described when someone post stuff, just try to ignore it anyways, I really think that would be more effective then writing something back to that hypothetical person.

peace
« Last Edit: May 26, 2004, 03:46:33 PM by Kiedis » Logged

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #83 on: May 26, 2004, 03:48:37 PM »

yeah kiedis but if we did that hell people may only get to see 4 post a thread! hihi

i agree with SLC

its SLash's solo, so he can change or add or do what the hell ever to it

but when robin butchers slash's solo's its different,cause u cant take something thats perfect *NR,SCOM* and try to redo something thats so memorable in everyones heads

u sing along to NR and scom's solo's just like the lyrics and it would be like axl switching the words or melody up on u, it would suck

watchin slash last night made me long for old gnr for the first time ever

im a huge axl nuttswinger just below dave but u  know i must admit slash has more charisma and emotion in his pinky than all the new gnr guitarist combined

and it made me think what couldve been cause slash still gives me that hyped feeling on a slightly lower level than axl though, but he's still my fav guitarist  of all time

Duffs vocals were a little weak but anyone whose ever followed gnr live shouldnt be all that shocked! hihi
« Last Edit: May 26, 2004, 03:49:21 PM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #84 on: May 26, 2004, 03:53:45 PM »

yeah kiedis but if we did that hell people may only get to see 4 post a thread! hihi

yeah, but that's something people have to concider before putting someone on ignore, it would still be great to have the opportunity to do it! ok

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #85 on: May 26, 2004, 04:09:21 PM »

How can anyone say he didnt fuck up the solo.
Its amazing how slash didnt fuck up that solo yet robin fucks up every solo  rofl

He played it very sloppy but of coarse slash fans will just pretend he played it perfect.
Ok, I'll reply Dave. You need to know one thing: I support both bands. In fact, I love newGNR and love Finck. I never said anything bad about him, I really love his guitar work in the new songs like Rhiad (in the chorus), Madagascar (smooth play, you can hear the guy very well in soundboards like Tacoma and Idaho - in the Bucket's solo, Finck's doing an awesome rhythm) and The Blues (it's one of the best solos I've heard in a long time). I really like his dirty sound. Not to start a newGNR x VR debate again, but I really liked Axl songs more than VR tunes.
So, I didn't said that Slash is perfect and Robin isn't. I like both. Slither is not my favourite new tune (YGNR is way better for me), but, as a guitar player, I can say he didn't fucked up the solo. So, if you would take my opinion as not biased, I can say that Slash's solo in Letterman show wasn't sloppy.
Hope you understand me, I don't have anything against you or newGNR.  ok

Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #86 on: May 26, 2004, 05:32:52 PM »

Agh all this arguments lately are boring, Jarmo you should fire all da loyalist that only stirr up arguments that go nowhere. (both from VR and NUgnr). AGH OH AGH  Smiley
mr_yoshimaroka
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #87 on: May 26, 2004, 05:54:57 PM »

The performance was good.

Slash's solo was awesome. He might've screwed just a wee little bit , but it don't really madda.

Everybody was fun, matt was making crazy faces... but scott was off key. Didn't anybody notice it? He was out of tune quite often. whatever, they're just trying to have fun and it's all good.
swosh26
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #88 on: May 26, 2004, 06:18:41 PM »

No he did not fuck up the solo, He does mess up now and then. But ive been playing guitar for years and I KNOW when someone "fucks up". I like both bands but slash's guitaring is better then anything ive heard on the new gnr songs. The blues comes the closest to slash level.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #89 on: May 26, 2004, 06:31:26 PM »

Wow i say slash fucked up the solo and the VR fans are up in arms.
Go figure. These are the same people that were bitching when BH and Robin played the solos different or blew a note.
If anyone who think slash didnt fuck up are just fooling themselves.
Now why was it ok when  you guys were doing it to the new gnr yet when people point out slash fucks up too you guys get all pissy?
Like I said before, you guys thought it was great pointing out all the fuck ups by the new band, so now the shoe is on the other foot, and  you must deal with it.
Its just funny watching you guys get all upset,  you know I am right that is why you are getting so mad.

Way to go guys, you keep proving my points.
Thanks for doing that, you make it too simple.

As for if i hate VR, you read my review of the album thus far didnt ya?

As for robin not playing with emotion, you have got to be kidding me.
Did  you even watch him play at the live shows?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2004, 06:35:51 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
chineseilusions
Sweet home Alabama
VIP

Now that's a llama

« Reply #90 on: May 26, 2004, 06:43:44 PM »

I missed it!What did they play?Will it be shown again and when?
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #91 on: May 26, 2004, 07:24:04 PM »

No one's checking the Appetite For Collection section? lol Wink

John M. posted an amazing SVCD version of the song they played Slither, on STG (you have to register): http://www.sharingthegroove.org/msgboard/showthread.php?s=&threadid=68666

wildaxl
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #92 on: May 26, 2004, 07:54:35 PM »

does scott weiland really have to dance like that??  he made me sick..... I thought I was gonna puke

it sounded really bad... the solo was kinda cool but it sounds like a solo on one of the illusion cds and i cant think of which one... i hear it every time i hear slither

So I guess you didn't know Weiland before VR,cause those moves aren't new at all.

what you people don't realize,I don't know why, it isn't that hard to figure out,you're watching the David letterman show,anyone who goes down there to do a musical performance is only bringing the bare necessities to play,
therefore the sound can't be at its best,I saw VR playing live a few days ago,they fucking ROCK,so enough with this crap about how they sounded last night,and go get a fucking ticket to see them live,alright?

by the way,they rocked last night too. beer
chineseilusions
Sweet home Alabama
VIP

Now that's a llama

« Reply #93 on: May 26, 2004, 08:11:00 PM »

No one's checking the Appetite For Collection section? lol Wink

John M. posted an amazing SVCD version of the song they played Slither, on STG (you have to register): http://www.sharingthegroove.org/msgboard/showthread.php?s=&threadid=68666
Thanks,One Problem the sound on my PC doesn't work so I am hoping for a re-run
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #94 on: May 26, 2004, 08:43:18 PM »

I saw (and taped) the Letterman performance last night on Australian tv, and wow, it's great to see all of those guys together on stage again!

The whole band looked and sounded great, even Slash's solo. I don't know what Dave is talking about Slash fucking it up.

Scott had a cool Axl swagger about him during parts of the performance too.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
SLCPUNK
« Reply #95 on: May 26, 2004, 09:34:39 PM »

yeah, but that's something people have to concider before putting someone on ignore, it would still be great to have the opportunity to do it! ok

I am on other car forums that have ignore features and they are great. Here, for the people that always say the same thing, I just scroll by them.
axl1962
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #96 on: May 26, 2004, 10:49:05 PM »

I am tired of bitching about how Scott dances on stage.  Scott has awesome stage presence and transfixes an audience.  He is who he is he has not changed, you should know that going in.  Along with Axl, Scott is one of the best frontmen around.  He does what he does and he does it well bottomline.
bill213
« Reply #97 on: May 26, 2004, 11:06:04 PM »

Not to make fun of Axl but I just watched the Ritz 88 show and if my eyes didn't see correctly slap me but I'm pretty sure I saw Axl do a riverdance type of jig before he started Out Ta Get Me.
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #98 on: May 27, 2004, 12:23:23 AM »

Thanks,One Problem the sound on my PC doesn't work so I am hoping for a re-run

Is that right? It should play fine in PowerDVD or WinDVD though.

Dizzy
« Reply #99 on: May 27, 2004, 12:23:24 AM »

just purely hypothetical, isn't it possible to put (a) certain member(s) of this board on ignore? so you can't see what they post?
that would be an awesome feature to have here.

I think this site's server supports that feature, but it's disabled.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: