Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:45:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Spectacle - VR on tour
| | | | |-+  The David Letterman Show 5/25/04
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The David Letterman Show 5/25/04  (Read 63973 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #160 on: May 30, 2004, 05:26:18 PM »

Wow it?s easy to ruffle the feathers of VR fans.  And I love how you are all getting pissy for me giving my view on things.

Like I said, and VR fans can deny it all they want, Slash blew some notes and fucked up the solo on Letterman. The only person you are fooling is yourself.

As for Scott trying to act like Axl Rose, of coarse he is, just listen to his interviews or rants about that guy in the press.
The ironic thing is though, when Scott did it, you all thought it was cool, but when Axl does the same thing you call him an asshole.
Go figure.

As for me being immature for saying Scott will be back in jail/rehab by sept, why is that immature?

You can?t tell me you are not worried he will relapse.
The sad thing is, Scott has gotten so many 2nd chances its not even funny, the guy needs help and is not getting it. He really needs to get it before he hurts someone else.

Another ironic thing is this, it was a big joke when people make fun of Axl for supposedly having a metal break down or even for having personal problems and battling his inner demons, yet for Scott we should all cry him a river.

Gotta love VR fans and their twisted logic.
No offense man but your posts over the past few weeks regarding vr/gnr are giving us "Gnr supporters/loyalists whatever we are called" a bad image. I mean some of the stuff you say is really out there and only makes people take you less seriosuly and people who are also on "your side"///but whatevr. The only thing I would agree with you on is that a lot of things are coming full circle. That I would agree with you on.

Just lay low...i promise we will have the last laugh....with what counts.....peace

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
darkmonth
« Reply #161 on: May 30, 2004, 06:39:04 PM »

actually, everyone who loves both the old members and Axl will have the last laugh... because that's two awesome bands to listen to!

Right now, after hearing the studio versions of some songs off of VR's album, I don't even care about old GnR being back together.  I love this new band and Weiland rocks!
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #162 on: May 30, 2004, 06:54:22 PM »

No offense man but your posts over the past few weeks regarding vr/gnr are giving us "Gnr supporters/loyalists whatever we are called" a bad image. I mean some of the stuff you say is really out there and only makes people take you less seriosuly and people who are also on "your side"///but whatevr. The only thing I would agree with you on is that a lot of things are coming full circle. That I would agree with you on.

Just lay low...i promise we will have the last laugh....with what counts.....peace
Indeed.  ok

SLCPUNK
« Reply #163 on: May 30, 2004, 08:40:24 PM »

actually, everyone who loves both the old members and Axl will have the last laugh... because that's two awesome bands to listen to!

Right now, after hearing the studio versions of some songs off of VR's album, I don't even care about old GnR being back together.  I love this new band and Weiland rocks!

Agreed.
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #164 on: May 31, 2004, 12:04:51 AM »

MY LORD!!  I finally got to see the Letterman clip (kudos to whoever provided the working link).  Bear in mind, I have only seen the Slither vid about 3-4 times, and I've never seen them perform any original material on film.  I was absolutely floored....Unbelievable chemistry that was instantaneous....All of them are magnetic and simply leap off the screen (Even Sorum, who looks like he's trying just a bit too hard IMO)...They've done a flawless job of cultivating their "return to roots" RnR band image, and Weiland has transformed himself for the umpteenth time.  Say what you want about his style sense(?!? Why say anything?), but he's unquestionably the best active frontman on the planet...So over the top, but for what the band is shooting for, it works perfectly...Whoever was complaining about the solo is not listening; Slash was on FIRE...It doesn't sound like the record?  He's a musician, that's the reason bands play live, unless one would prefer to pay $35 bucks to fill a venue while they press play on a box and let the CD run....I don't get it.....The energy coming out of the breakdown middle section was so intense that I couldn't help but disregard the repetitive nature of the song.....I am so intrigued by this band and this record, it's unbelievable...Trust me when I say, I am not easily won over in the least..My standard with regard to music is pretty high, almost unrealistically so...
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #165 on: May 31, 2004, 12:12:28 AM »

^^

Well next time Robin or a new gnr band member plays a song different from the orginal or the cd version I dont want to hear you bitching about it.  ok

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #166 on: May 31, 2004, 12:21:16 AM »

^^

Well next time Robin or a new gnr band member plays a song different from the orginal or the cd version I dont want to hear you bitching about it.  ok

Roll Eyes

Dude, I love Robin, hes my favorite new member, and YES he can play the guitar. But he indeed fucks up a lot the solos. Not because he plays them different. Just listen to Pittsburgh The Blues solo. He fucks up a lot on that one. He fucks up CD in that same gig.. But who cares, its only rock n roll. Slash used to fuck up to, but he DIDNT fuck up the Slither solo AT ALL.

Seriously, where did you think he fucked up??
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #167 on: May 31, 2004, 12:40:25 AM »

^^

Dave, I think you're a bit too defensive...Why are ou consistently keeping score?  I absolutely adored the latest incarnation of GNR..I never bitched at all...I thought the band was second to none.  Buckethead happens to be one of my favorite artists and Robin plays with so much passion...I've just grown tired of waiting for the train to leave the station...I'm excited about the project that's actually active at the moment...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #168 on: May 31, 2004, 03:11:03 AM »

i need a fuckin workin link so i can watch all of this!

cmon someone hook me up!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
sl@sh
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #169 on: May 31, 2004, 06:06:10 AM »

VR rocked!

but they did not show enough of slash.
too many scott closeup.

slash only hit one sour note thats all and it fucking sounds cool!

madagas
« Reply #170 on: May 31, 2004, 12:01:41 PM »

Count me in with Oneway! I thought the performance was nice. Weiland has a sleek almost Bowie like thing going. Slash is still a stud and played a great solo-live performance is about improv and slight changes to make things interesting. I can't imagine why someone would want to hear an exact replica of the song. Anyhow, the live tone of SLASH'S guitar is much better than the single studio version. I hope this producer didn't zap the energy out of these songs on the studio versions. We shall see soon enough.  peace
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #171 on: May 31, 2004, 12:38:16 PM »

^^

Dave, I think you're a bit too defensive...Why are ou consistently keeping score?  I absolutely adored the latest incarnation of GNR..I never bitched at all...I thought the band was second to none.  Buckethead happens to be one of my favorite artists and Robin plays with so much passion...I've just grown tired of waiting for the train to leave the station...I'm excited about the project that's actually active at the moment...
Read the other pages of this thread. Me and some other guys were trying to show how we really liked newGNR and Finck and - at the same time - we didn't found any fuck up in Slash's solo in Letterman. I even said I'm a guitar player, but Dave can't read posts like that. He's on the attack mode, anything good you'll say about VR he'll attack the band. It's like "if you don't hate VR, you can't love nuGNR".
Like Eduardo said: who cares, it's only rock n roll.  ok

Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #172 on: May 31, 2004, 02:47:19 PM »

Man, am I the only one who wishes Sorum wasn't part of this thing?  That dude has no charisma and he just looks stupid back there making faces and doing his best to look intense and cool.

You are not the only one. I have never dug Matt Sorum. At the time in 1990, I was thankful that he "saved the band" according to Axl. But I will always associate him with a very boring, clinical sound and image that somewhat carried over to GNR when he was with them.

I've seen enough.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #173 on: May 31, 2004, 05:10:59 PM »

^^

Roll Eyes

Dude, I love Robin, hes my favorite new member, and YES he can play the guitar. But he indeed fucks up a lot the solos. Not because he plays them different. Just listen to Pittsburgh The Blues solo. He fucks up a lot on that one. He fucks up CD in that same gig.. But who cares, its only rock n roll. Slash used to fuck up to, but he DIDNT fuck up the Slither solo AT ALL.

Seriously, where did you think he fucked up??

I am not defensive at all, some VR fans are when I am saying the same stuff about VR that they were saying about gnr back when they were touring.

And Like I said just listen to both solos, you can tell where slash fucks up.
Its not too hard. Do i really  have to give you the time on the video where he fucks up?
Just listen to the part near the middle where he blows some notes its obvious.
But of coarse its slash and not robin so VR just pretent they did not hear it.

Yes robin fucked up the end of the blues solo the same way slash fucked up the middle part of the slither solo on letterman.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #174 on: May 31, 2004, 05:15:24 PM »

Its not too hard. Do i really  have to give you the time on the video where he fucks up?

Yes, that would be helpful, because I still cant see the fuck up.

BTW Robin fucks up the WHOLE Blues solo in Pitt. And he fucks up a LOT more than Slash.

Edit: And even if Slash "fucked up" he makes the mistakes sound cool, and Robins sound like shit
« Last Edit: May 31, 2004, 05:17:40 PM by Eduardo » Logged
Nicoletta
Headliner

« Reply #175 on: May 31, 2004, 10:52:32 PM »

I watched this the other night and loved it. Slash, Scott and Duff all looked sexy, IMO.

And they sounded really good, too. I didn't notice any mistakes.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #176 on: June 01, 2004, 03:55:47 AM »

The Late Show with VR performing is on tonight on Swedish ZTV.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #177 on: June 02, 2004, 07:04:27 PM »

MY LORD!!  I finally got to see the Letterman clip (kudos to whoever provided the working link).  Bear in mind, I have only seen the Slither vid about 3-4 times, and I've never seen them perform any original material on film.  I was absolutely floored....Unbelievable chemistry that was instantaneous....All of them are magnetic and simply leap off the screen (Even Sorum, who looks like he's trying just a bit too hard IMO)...They've done a flawless job of cultivating their "return to roots" RnR band image, and Weiland has transformed himself for the umpteenth time.  Say what you want about his style sense(?!? Why say anything?), but he's unquestionably the best active frontman on the planet...So over the top, but for what the band is shooting for, it works perfectly...Whoever was complaining about the solo is not listening; Slash was on FIRE...It doesn't sound like the record?  He's a musician, that's the reason bands play live, unless one would prefer to pay $35 bucks to fill a venue while they press play on a box and let the CD run....I don't get it.....The energy coming out of the breakdown middle section was so intense that I couldn't help but disregard the repetitive nature of the song.....I am so intrigued by this band and this record, it's unbelievable...Trust me when I say, I am not easily won over in the least..My standard with regard to music is pretty high, almost unrealistically so...

word

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: