Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 09:56:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228067 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  VELVET REVOLVER: NYC Show Attended By GNR Guitarist RICHARD FORTUS
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: VELVET REVOLVER: NYC Show Attended By GNR Guitarist RICHARD FORTUS  (Read 18873 times)
St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2004, 07:25:10 PM »

Thing is; despite the way some people on this board approach music.  Not all do.  Some people judge by hearing and seeing bands for themsleves.

Some people, including musicians  (funnily enough - would you Adam and Eve it? ), actually like music and go to gigs and make up their own opinions about the band without preconceptions or feeling obliged to take sides.  And i have to say it's much more enjoyable that way.

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2004, 07:26:54 PM »

Look up the meaning of being a session musician.  ok

I bet you hate Josh Freese too because it looks like he appears on albums by Anastacia and Avril Lavigne.  Tongue

I actually like Anastacia for some reason and Avril Lavigne rocks (well a bit)

My problem is surprisngly not that Fortus played with Nysnc

The reality is it only slighty bothers me

The thing that DOES bother me is the hero worship he gets - and for what, he's yet to record anything with GNR we have actually heard - he joined the band after all the new songs had been played live

Everyday i read how he's the greatest guitar legend yet and how he will revolutionise GNR, how he is the definition of 'rock n' roll'

I just try and maintain an equilibrium of sorts + u got to admit its funny how people react when u mention the word Nysnc, are people so insecure over his ability that even the slightest light hearted remark sets them off?

anyway on topic

I think its great we have heard Richard is okay - its been ages since we heard from him, its good to see he isn't blindly following Axl in his determination to have nothing to do with Ex members

Quick! To the bandwagon!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2004, 07:37:11 PM »

He probably realized it would be a helluva show.
xPhoeniX
Headliner

sh*t

« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2004, 07:50:44 PM »

The only reason GnR fans like R. Fortus is because he looks like Izzy.  WOW!!   He has the look..  but thats where it stops for him.  

PEACE
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2004, 08:03:27 PM »

I actually like Anastacia for some reason and Avril Lavigne rocks (well a bit)

Avril Lavigne rocks?  Youre really all over the map...Dissing Fortus (a member of your favorite band - the one with no album) for doing session gigs with pop stars and praising Avril Lavigne.  confused

My problem is surprisngly not that Fortus played with Nysnc

Really?  By calling "N'Sync Fortus" everytime you post about him, you could have fooled me.

The reality is it only slighty bothers me

Backpeddling...

The thing that DOES bother me is the hero worship he gets - and for what, he's yet to record anything with GNR we have actually heard - he joined the band after all the new songs had been played live

Hero worship?  Were still talking about Richard Fortus here, right?

Everyday i read how he's the greatest guitar legend yet and how he will revolutionise GNR, how he is the definition of 'rock n' roll'

Huh

No you dont?  Aside from "rocktar81" and the guy in this thread (whos probably "rocktar81"), who has made such statements about Fortus.  The general sentiment is that hes a good, entertaining guitarist...Feel free to post a few examples of this overwhelming praise he recieves to set me straight...

I just try and maintain an equilibrium of sorts + u got to admit its funny how people react when u mention the word Nysnc, are people so insecure over his ability that even the slightest light hearted remark sets them off?

Hows it light-hearted when you incessantly call him by that name and have challenged his "musical integrity" on here several times?

Speaking of equilbrium, the jurys still out on how somebody can be a new GNR fan and question fans of other bands with no album and little material, huh?

The only reason GnR fans like R. Fortus is because he looks like Izzy.

...Or its because the guy is a good performer?  Unless hes a terrible guitarist who fucks up all his parts and Im unaware of it?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2004, 08:18:20 PM »

i agree fortus looks cool onstage

but when he writes SCOM,wttj,NR,estranged solos and the countless others slash has then u people are allowed to mention  his name in the same breath as the guitar icon of our times

it is an insult and totally ignorant to even compare anything about richard fortus to Slash

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
outlawaxl
Rocker

The King of Kings

« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2004, 08:48:39 PM »

Hey, maybe we could talk about Kurt Cobain again?
lol.... rofl

If Fortus was chosed to play on an album with Nsync (one that sold quite a bit and was higly anticipated) he MUST be a damn good guitar player.... his name is only on the liner notes .. there were prob 500,000 guitar players who wanted that gig... GnR fans should be happy that he was chosen for his guitar playing on that album... not his looks, not his "coolnes" ..

bottom line Richard is a bad ass and damn fine axe man..

if you want to talk about uncool just look at Axl's assless chaps... thats fucking worse to me than playing guitar on a multi platinum album and getting nothing but your name in the liner notes....
« Last Edit: May 27, 2004, 08:56:14 PM by outlawaxl » Logged
SlashFan
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2004, 09:54:48 PM »

Who cares if he went to see VR,I mean he probably likes good music.I don't care what he's played on,it doesn't make a difference.So stop bitching about it,god this thread is stupid Roll Eyes
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2004, 12:03:30 AM »

Sal (AxlD) put up his report at the bar from his conversation with Richard. Seems like there will be nothing going on til at least october, as axl has 'legalities' to sort out. Buckethead may not be out or in, it sounds still up in the air, and richard has no acess to any of the show tapes that GnR played.
Go check it out. Good stuff.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2004, 12:21:27 AM »

here is what Sal said.
I hope he does not mind

We had a nice conversation. It wasnt me just pounding him with questions. We had a nice conversation and I was able to ask him the questions very natural.

I asked him if the album was done -he said it was all done and now "Axl is just going through all the legalities." Richard said nothing will probably happen (regarding single/album release/tour) until October.

I asked him about Buckethead and his response was that "no one really knows what is going on with Bucket." He said he was/is strange in a lot of ways -a lot of good ways and some bad. He said it is real hard sometimes to figure out what is on his mind.
I didnt ask him about a replacement, but from what he said and how we left that topic off, there may be a chance Buckethead will come back.

We talked about the MSG show and he said he got the DVD sent to him by a fan (SlashisGod) and that he really enjoyed it. I pointed out that all the shows were being filmed professionally and asked why he couldnt get a pro-shot copy and he laughed and said "all that stuff is in the vaults." I talked to him about the first Vegas show and how amazing that was and that Axl needs to release that show on DVD. Fortus said he has only heard the great things about it and would love to see it himself. I joked with him to ask Axl to hook him up with a screening.
He said the MSG show was amazing to play and we talked a bit about how unfortunate it was that it turned out to the last gig of the tour -just when the band really seemed to be hitting their groove live. I didnt ask him exactly what happened in Philly, but he did mention meeting someone earlier in the night who was at Philly and wanted him to sign his ticket stub. Fortus said he kindly refused -he felt ackward doing that. I told him about Vancouver and showed him my ticket stub. He said "Oh man I am so sorry." We talked about Vancouver for a bit.

I asked about the rest of the members of the band and how their spirits were. He said everyone else was doing well and were in good spirits considering what had happened in the past two months with Bhead's departure and the canceled appearance at Lisbon. He said everyone was really looking forward to playing the show, and were really disappointed they had to cancel -especially RObin.
We talked about RObin's web site for a bit and Richard really loves it.

Richard said he (Richard) may be playing some solo shows this summer and Brain may join him for a few gigs. I assume from that statement that Brain is still in the band.
He talked about Tommy releasing an album this summer as well.

I finally asked him if he was at the VR show to go back and report to Axl. He laughed and said "I dont think he would want to hear about it." He said he had not spoken to Axl in a couple of months. I mentioned Duff and Slash's lawsuit and how I didnt agree with that, and he said "Yeah that is strange" but didnt talk much more about it. I told him I was the one who called in to Howard Stern to defend Axl and he said "that's cool man, I'm sure he appreciates that."  

We talked some more about the VR show and he really enjoyed it.
I then thanked him for his time and told him it was great to meet him. I took a pic with him and shook his hand goodbye. He left with his girlfriend and I wonder if Slash and Duff would have showed up to the after show if he would have spoken to them. I dont think Slash would know who he was -cause apparently he never saw the MTV performance.  
Duff would most likely have recognized him. Not sure what they would have had to say to each other though. But it would have been interesting.

Anyway, Richard is such a sweet and down to earth guy. What a pleasure to meet and talk with him. I told him I really hope to see him in October or by the end of the year with G N' R...either in New York or from what he told me earlier....somewhere else familiar

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2004, 12:28:49 AM »

Well that makes me feel good. Richard hasn't talked to Axl in months, what a tight cohesive band no. Also, nothing until October....great, it really takes another 5 months to do something with an album that has been finished for years already. Hearing him say things may start up then makes me feel as good as Dizzy saying it will be out soon everytime someone talks to him.....The guys just have no clue what is going on in their own band. This is 100% Axl's show, which is a bad thing because left up to him things never get done. At least in the old band the guys had the authority to prod him along, now no one wants to cross the boss. If I'm not mistaken Richard has in the past mentioned something about starting up a previous time and he had no clue, so I will not hold my breath. This is getting depressing as I would love to be able to get excited about GNR the same way I am excited about VR, they just never give me anything to get excited about crying
SLCPUNK
« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2004, 12:44:51 AM »

Why should I care about that talk with Fortus? I mean there have been other interviews and run ins with other members. They have also pointed to certain times of the year, or certain months and nothing happened.

It's nice to read. Just like fiction.
SunKing278
Headliner

The loveliest girls are always in your GN'R

« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2004, 04:03:34 AM »

Fortus sounds like a nice guy.  I must imagine all of this waiting and not knowing what is going on must be frustrating for the members of Axl's band.  Glad to hear he enjoyed the show.

outlawaxl
Rocker

The King of Kings

« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2004, 04:29:57 AM »

.somewhere else familiar

Las Vegas babaay!!!!  lol
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2004, 04:35:22 AM »

I betcha he cant wait to get CHI DEM out know hihi

i wounder what was goin' through his head

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
starchild_666
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2004, 05:01:58 AM »

I betcha he cant wait to get CHI DEM out know hihi

i wounder what was goin' through his head
maybe... "hmmm, why didn't Buckethead get such a response from crowd as Slash does"  hihi or "hmm Axl should take a private singing lessons from this Weiland"  hihi
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2004, 05:18:12 AM »

velvet revolver sucks,   axl doesnt need leesons from weiland on anything unless he wants to become a loser.. and btw---- whats with the gay dances in the vr slither video... weiland needs some dancing lessons from axl

also... richard fortus does sound like a cool guy but why would he go watch a shit band like Snakepit, uh i mean bluesball, or is it VR?  same shit different stench

Mod's Edit: WTF are you putting this here for? Your post makes no sense and has no relevance whatsoever.

Please refrain from mere mud-slinging, rather try to post something that actually contributes to the topic at hand.

People, I implore you to ignore this post.

Oh ... and VR does not suck ... so  Tongue.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2004, 10:18:29 AM by WagMyDog » Logged
Nicos
Rocker

Locomotive (Complicity)

« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2004, 07:15:41 AM »

... I asked him about Buckethead and his response was that "no one really knows what is going on with Bucket." He said he was/is strange in a lot of ways -a lot of good ways and some bad. He said it is real hard sometimes to figure out what is on his mind.
I didnt ask him about a replacement, but from what he said and how we left that topic off, there may be a chance Buckethead will come back.

I sure am glad this turns up. It puts a bit more value to my thoughts and ideas on this matter. For those who are interested, check the topic 'to put a letter in the bucket' in the Ex-Gunners section. It may give you some new thoughts on it as well.
I hope to read some interesting replies!

Have a good weekend everybody!

Best regards,

N ! 3 |(

PS 2 the 'sharp ones' among us: I'm not looking for an ego-trip or something. Thanks.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2004, 07:16:33 AM by Nicos » Logged
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2004, 07:26:37 AM »

who is richard fortus ?  Roll Eyes Grin

" not spoken to axl in months "  ok

madagas
« Reply #59 on: May 28, 2004, 08:04:58 AM »

If I have said it once, I've said it a million times. Leave the guys in the band alone! They have done their job, as a band, they have recorded a ton of music for that psychopath and left it to him, the boss and singer to finish. The band is tight, excluding the recluse. HE is the one that won't release anything. It is well known that the music for the album (and probably) albums was done in the spring of 2003...confirmed by atleast 4 members on different occasions. Axl is the boss and is responsible for getting the tracks mixed and the vocals put on. We will be lucky to get this album by x-mas. rant
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: