Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:26:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Damn Music Critics
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Damn Music Critics  (Read 3377 times)
Toast960
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« on: May 27, 2004, 10:40:01 AM »

I just don't get these so-called music critics. I've been reading various reviews of Gn'R albums and almost as if they wanted Guns n' Roses to martyr themselves after "Appetite For Destruction" came out. To implode as the Sex Pistols had done ten years prior. I see dezens of reviews slamming "GN'R Lies" but then those same people complain about not having more tracks from that album on the greatest hits cd. It's like those critics who critique The Beatles "1" and said they should replaced this track with that track or the critics who initially praised Oasis' "Be Here Now" as a masterpiece and then said it stunk. With assholes like them no wonder Axl keeps "Chinese Democracy" from being released. No wonder the music industry is in bad shape as it is. These artists of today seemed too obsessed with pleasing the damn critics. What ever happened to just making music for the fans and not giving a damn what the press thought?

I love this job more than I love taffy. And I'm a man who loves his taffy

-Mayor Adam West
Rebecca Duff Rose
Roxi McK
VIP

Kool Ranch Dres'ing

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2004, 04:47:52 PM »

I just don't get these so-called music critics. I've been reading various reviews of Gn'R albums and almost as if they wanted Guns n' Roses to martyr themselves after "Appetite For Destruction" came out. To implode as the Sex Pistols had done ten years prior. I see dezens of reviews slamming "GN'R Lies" but then those same people complain about not having more tracks from that album on the greatest hits cd. It's like those critics who critique The Beatles "1" and said they should replaced this track with that track or the critics who initially praised Oasis' "Be Here Now" as a masterpiece and then said it stunk. With assholes like them no wonder Axl keeps "Chinese Democracy" from being released. No wonder the music industry is in bad shape as it is. These artists of today seemed too obsessed with pleasing the damn critics. What ever happened to just making music for the fans and not giving a damn what the press thought?

One things for sure- i sooooo agree with you!
Critics suck especially when they speak bout GNR in a bad way!!
I hate to read bloody readers reviews too in great mags like Q Mag,and they say how crap GNR GH is, or hear comments on TV at how Axl shouldn't release CD!
That sucks!

So for all you GNR Haters/ critics... go and stick on some SHOTGUN BLUES!  

You be rippin' off the fuckin' kids
while they been payin' their hard earned
money to read about the bands
they wanta know about
printin' lies startin' controversy
you wanta antagonize me moptherfucker
get in the ring motherfucker
and i'll kick your bitchy little ass
PUNK!

smoking

SLASH- "Guitar solos are back," he said with a grin through his long, curly mane.
GNR- The hardworking band that once called themselves FAMILY!!!
mr_BROWNSTONE
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2004, 05:00:37 PM »

Yeaah, of course critics sucks. I remember that the critics helped a lot for the destroy of GN'R. They were talking all the time some shits. It was like this in 1988, it was like this in 1991, it was like this in 1993 and it is like this even now. So leave GN'R and Axl alone.

Aaah, and the critics, please do me a favour! Go and fuckyourself somewhere you fuckin' loosers.  rant

I'm sorry, but I'm really pissed off!
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2004, 01:50:35 PM »

I hate it when a critic writes 2 pages of shit detaling how no band ever were as bad or took more drugs than them. Angry

Then in another issue this same dude or magazine are saying how their one of the greatest bands of all time.

Such a change huh confused

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
Rebecca Duff Rose
Roxi McK
VIP

Kool Ranch Dres'ing

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2004, 11:26:58 AM »

I hate it when a critic writes 2 pages of shit detaling how no band ever were as bad or took more drugs than them. Angry

Then in another issue this same dude or magazine are saying how their one of the greatest bands of all time.

Such a change huh confused

HAHAHA!
Exactly Matt!  hihi

SLASH- "Guitar solos are back," he said with a grin through his long, curly mane.
GNR- The hardworking band that once called themselves FAMILY!!!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: