Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:20:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Spectacle - VR on tour
| | | | |-+  Seattle show cut short?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Seattle show cut short?  (Read 14003 times)
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2004, 09:46:14 PM »

I had a friend at the show, supposedly there was a venue/curfew issue...

Who knows, I never thought it would get this far...

I guess VR should have gone on earlier then eh?
I also see from the review they had a long ass wait?
Why not bashing for this?
People constantly bitch when Axl goes on so late, but I guess its ok when VR does it right?

to answer your last question: Yes. ok

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Dizzy
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2004, 11:51:02 PM »

However, I think the difference is this is just one show VR has cancelled.   But, at least they cancelled the show with a little notice and have already rescheduled.

Yeah, so in other words, it wasn't cancelled at all.  It was postponed.

That is a little better than just not showing up to a venue that is already full...

Or as "full" as it was going to get.   Tongue

but a 60 minute show is a disgrace.

Actually, when it comes to clubs, a 60 minute show is standard, even for most headlining bands.  VR just happen to have been playing longer.
Sukie
With Arms Wide Open
Legend

I'm NOT a llama!!!

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2004, 12:33:07 AM »

Dave and badgirl...I'm finding this whole back and forth between you two annoying so please take it to pm's or stay on topic.  

We'll just have to see if the set being cut short becomes a habit for the band.  On an interesting side note, I saw part of Headbanger's Ball tonight on MTV and VR were the special guests.  But...guess who was missing?  That's right- Scott!  Evidently, it was his anniversary and he was somewhere in a plane.  I didn't see the whole thing so if they said more about his absence, I missed it.   Undecided
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2004, 04:01:15 AM »

im gonna have to completely agree with dave on this

if axl had done the same shit there would be a thread with 10 pages of rants and pissed off posters sayin what an asshole axl is

i love VR, SLash is the reason i picked up a guitar but im fuckin sick of the free pass they get cause they are so called sympathetic victims of axl's psychoticness

im not sayin bash VR but people shouldnt bash axl either

fuck if GNR played every song but paradise city and u feel ripped off i think philly fans would wanna smack u in the teeth, u should be fortunate u saw that much of W Axl Rose

there isnt anything on a ticket stub guaranteeing u will hear certain songs

how did scott's vocals sound? was his voice ok? maybe they  had some equipment technical difficulties

couldve been a death in a family, who knows

we should wait for an explanation to bash VR but no one wouldve waited to bash axl so each his own i guess

name calling is a juvenile unoriginal way to try and win an argument
no one should be called names because they share a different opinion as someone else

cmon falcon u are way to politically correct brother

the "C" word?, is cunt up there with the "N" word now in taboo? i dont guess its good manners or etiquette to call any female a cunt

dont ban drunk, he is a valuable contributor to the board! ok
« Last Edit: June 06, 2004, 04:01:48 AM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2004, 04:14:30 AM »

You know, if the GN'R tour hadn't kicked off with the Vancouver incident, and if they had been supporting the material they had been TOURING under (Chinese Democracy World Tour), and if Axl hadn't stacked the odds against him by replacing every member of a legendary band.... then I might see the comparison with the Detroit show.  

The way i see it, Axl asked for people to challenge him by keeping the name Guns N' Roses... and he failed miserably.... VR said they were starting fresh, and so far their only misstep was a concert missing a SECOND encore (btw, I'm sure the "curfew" is a result of Scott's drug problem, so attacking him for that is weak).  Not to mention the band has just re-scheduled yesterdays show... where was the rescheduled Philly show? or Rio??

Dont attack VR for not playing a second encore because "GNR did it once and everyone said bad shit"... attack Axl for not rescheduling the concerts he cancels, or not releasing the albums he promises... but wait.... that makes too much sense, sorry.  Shocked
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2004, 11:44:27 AM »

If you don't stop the whining, I'm gonna delete the off topic posts in this thread.

Maybe I should anyway since you were already told to quit and you didn't.

Edit: Well, it's done now. Apparently some VR fans can only write, not read.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: June 06, 2004, 03:25:18 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2004, 11:46:42 AM »

You know, if the GN'R tour hadn't kicked off with the Vancouver incident, and if they had been supporting the material they had been TOURING under (Chinese Democracy World Tour)
Why play material from your new cd when you arent going to release it at that time?  WHo cares about the Vancouver Incident. It was a cancelled show. The world didnt stop.

and if Axl hadn't stacked the odds against him by replacing every member of a legendary band.
you have to understand the reason axl has kept the name is because guns n roses hasnt ended...just some of the players decided not to evolve   hihi

Axl asked for people to challenge him by keeping the name Guns N' Roses... and he failed miserably....
Axl has kept the name because in his mind gnr hasnt ended. The old members and he decided to move on. He kept the name. O well. How the hell has he failed miserably.....What will make or break Axl Rose and this new GNR is the material they release. That will either put Axl in another universe or throw him into the pile of hasbeens. Until that day comes you can say what you want but when that last note of cd is heard that is hwne you can say he faild or not....

VR said they were starting fresh, and so far their only misstep was a concert missing a SECOND encore (btw, I'm sure the "curfew" is a result of Scott's drug problem, so attacking him for that is weak
If they decided not to start "fresh" how would they start? I could careless about no shows and complaining about setlists at a rock concert. Its part of RNR. The bigger problem I have with VR is their album.

The whole 2002 tour people were complaining about gnrs setlist. Then one show gets cut short they were saying Axl is a selfish asshole because he didnt play after patience. You cant have the best of both worlds. And I will guarentee when they go out an tour for CD they will have a mixed set not some structured say the same thing everynight set....

where was the rescheduled Philly show? or Rio??
Well the you cant reshedule the Philly show because the tour got cancelled. SO how would they reschedule it?
And Rio is not a regular concert. Its 1 day. So next Rio Im pretty sure youll see the big boys there.....

attack Axl for not rescheduling the concerts he cancels, or not releasing the albums he promises... but wait.... that makes too much sense, sorry
It does make sense. Why should you care when he cancells concerts. It comes with the territory of gnr. So you make that choice. As for the album...well you have a few options...
1)take what he and the band members say regarding the release witha grain of salt..until you see its official
2)Remain patient
3)Be a lil pussy and complain.
Just move on if you cant handle it. This is not rocket science. You either can chill here and wait which even though half of you have bitched and complain and made fun of the band everyday for a few years now seems liek your still here....I wonder why....or you can move on...go listen to whatever....
btw, I'm sure the "curfew" is a result of Scott's drug problem, so attacking him for that is weak
The curfews are from the venues. Why cant Vr go on a lil earlier? They go on an hour late as it is. Then only play the same songs in the same order and Scott says the same stuff. Dont get me wrong they are amazing live but you have to call it like it is...

« Last Edit: June 06, 2004, 11:48:59 AM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2004, 01:30:42 PM »

Actually, when it comes to clubs, a 60 minute show is standard, even for most headlining bands.  VR just happen to have been playing longer.

Not true. Shit, the longest concerts I have ever been too have been in clubs. It does happen though when a band doesn't have too much material to choose from  they will play the length or their CD and a couple of covers, but the length of a show doesn't have anything to do with the size of the venue.

On a side note, I'm not trying to start any controversy here, but these VR threads are getting boring. It's fun when people discussed about the topic itself refraining from posting references to board members, but lately, people just post to bash either the VR supporters or GNR supporters. And that is fucking ridiculous.

On topic, having VR played a shorter setlist instead of the normal 80-90 minutes set, does seem strange. I don't but that curfew shit...what time did the show begin anyway? maybe- and I'm just saying maybe- VR didn't feel like playing longer, maybe not. But until an explanation is given, anyone is entitle to bash them upon their own interpretations.
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2004, 11:31:26 PM »

Axl nut lickers go away. Every time something happens you are going to come here and blow it up to make it seem like like VR are somewhere on the same level as Axl in their screw ups. Ending a show 2 songs early is hardly anything to bitch about.  A 60 minute set for $20 is worth the money. To even compare this with any of Axl no shows, whining fits, attacking audience memebers, or any of the other obsurd things he does is pretty lame and it just makes you look stupid.  I'm not saying that Scott or the band will not let people down at times but atleast wait til they do something that is worth bashing.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2004, 04:42:11 AM »

On a side note, I'm not trying to start any controversy here, but these VR threads are getting boring. It's fun when people discussed about the topic itself refraining from posting references to board members, but lately, people just post to bash either the VR supporters or GNR supporters. And that is fucking ridiculous.

You took the words out of my mouth.

They are very boring. It's amazing you guys can go on like this sometimes.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: