Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:48:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227816 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Who was Guns N' Roses?!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who was Guns N' Roses?!  (Read 5528 times)
Bahad
« on: June 08, 2004, 09:04:45 AM »

Well I have reading threads,posts about Axl is Gn'r, Bring back Slash, Axl fans-AntiAxl fans posts since from the old board here.

Some of you cant understand old Guns N' Roses is not only Axl or Slash. Axl and Slash are the overrated ones. Neither Axl only Slash can make a record an album near the class AFD. These songs written by all of them, music compiled by all of them. The formula is simple. Izzy came with lyrics and Riffs, slash wrote the solos and the melodies, Axl worked with Izzy and Duff to improve the lyrics and Steven made the drums or vice versa.

What I am trying to say is Izzy and Duff also wrote stuff. And Izzy was the main writer and the main riff founder. But I got really disappointed to see here some of you think he was only a Rhtym player.

Stop saying only Axl and Slash. That sounds so dumb.

One for to cry to was Izzy,Duff  and I have not seen this here. Stop thinkin' Gnr is Axl or Slash.    
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2004, 11:06:47 AM »

Izzy definately had an important part in the band and just because he was "the quiet one", he gets overlooked by many.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Evil Ash
Dude, they peed on your fucking rug
VIP

GnR is unstoppable, but delay-able ;)

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2004, 04:33:40 PM »

I find izzy to be the most respected member of GnR, Even haters respect him!

Like peeing clouds!
Dizzy
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2004, 06:31:39 PM »

Steven and Izzy were what truly made the chemistry between the five of them gel; Steven on a musical level, and Izzy on a personal level.

It was Steven's excellently loose drumming style which carried those songs.  If you listen to them closely, past Axl and Slash, it's Steven who guides the overall rhythm of those songs.

And Izzy was the most down to earth, level-headed member of the band.  He was the one who kept all the other guys grounded, especially Axl.  The band started its decline when Steven was fired, and fell apart after Izzy quit.
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2004, 03:29:14 AM »

Well said Hba ok

Izzy was always overlooked as a guitar player. People recognise his songwriting but not his guitars.

He made most of those riffs on AFD and Slash came over the top with the melodies.

He even said himself

"I'd make a riff and Slash would come in and put his amp to 10 and do his thing"

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
jet
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2004, 07:47:52 PM »

well, kinda offensive. But anyway it's almost never music or lyrics belong to one. The song is group's creation. Maybe it's just that Slash had better charisma and his talent of a player was more on a sight for everyone. So it was cool to suppose he was best. And Axl, such a crazy & talented frontmen
Slashly
Harley Davidson
VIP

-blank-

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2004, 07:45:20 PM »

Well, although Izzy is known as the quiet he had his rough moments too.Doesnt anybody remember when he ws arrested for peeing on the floor of an....mmm....can get the word.....welll the place wereyou wait for the place to land and then you get on it and go....Well, for peeing  and insultin there.And remember he had a lot of drug problems, heroin, coke, cigarrets, you know....He was just the one who stoped first.I think by the Illusions tour, he was sober already and had stoped some drugs.

Baby Slash//

"But a bottle of vodka still lies in my hand some blonde gave me nughtmares, I think that you`re still in my head"
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2004, 11:33:33 PM »

I ALWAYS respected Izzy, im sick of the Slash this n' Slash that theads, honestly he is not that geat, i have mates who are teens n' can play buckethead shit, most over rated guitarist in the world. Dont get me wrong, he is a great player but not fucking excellent.

Did you see the Micheal Jackson thing last year when Slash played a couple of songs, it was fucking terrable no

Miss ya Izzy you cool motherfucker

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
page
Headliner

Worked to hard for my illusions

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2004, 07:22:39 AM »

A little of topic but...

clintron, you do know that being a good guitarist is not about what you can play but about what you DO play and HOW you play it. ADo you also think Columbus isn`t great cause a lot of people could have sailed from portugal to america? sure they could but they didn`t....

I have a friend that can play Zakk Wylde, dreamtheather, steve vai, Jeff Beck, Clapton, Hendrix and so on perfectly but that doesn`t mean his as good as player as all of of them does it?

Sure you are allowed to think Slash is overrated, but I just hope is for the right reason. Slash doesn`t play anything an experienced guitarist can`t play, but it just sounds so fucking great when he does it. And he comes of with all these great solos and riffs. Name me one player who have made more great solos?

This is surely not do diz Izzy, he is highly talented also.

Sorry to get of topic just had to say it.
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2004, 02:05:48 AM »

your right, its all about stage presence and Slash does have it all, i was just pointing out his actual playing.
Seriously, if he didnt have his presence n' being the cool motherfucker he is, no one would care about him so much.......but HE'S SLASH, he's the man ok ok

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
page
Headliner

Worked to hard for my illusions

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2004, 03:39:55 AM »

I`m not talking `bout his stagepresence, I`m talking about his feel and the wonderful melodies he comes up with.
Again listen do those solos....And again name me one who has made more great solos? Without him GNR wouldn`t have sounded nearway as good.  A solo of his can take an average song and make it a great song. And as axl one said slash can play one little fill and take a song to whole new places.
But everyone have different views, maybe you like guitarists who does a lot of shredding and tapping and so on.  
I`m not saying he`s perfect, sometimes he plays things that sounds like shit.

And i would like to repeat myself:

You do know that being a good guitarist is not about what you can play but about what you DO play and HOW you play it. ADo you also think Columbus isn`t great cause a lot of people could have sailed from portugal to america? sure they could but they didn`t....

What i ment by what you do play and how, I wasn`t talking about how you play it on stage or if you lift your guitar up and look at it through a mop of hair, it was talking about which notes you play and with which kind of feel you play them. His musical understanding is great, his solos just suits the songs so perfectly.

Hey like 99,9 % of all guitarist can play the SCOM-riff, but its still a great riff isn`t it?
Rebecca Duff Rose
Roxi McK
VIP

Kool Ranch Dres'ing

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2004, 10:05:26 AM »

GNR= Greatest Rock Band Ever!  Wink

GNR were Izzy's band back in the day, and thats truth my friends, Axl took over wanting rights to the band, but it was always Izzy's band, his idea! Sadly they fell apart, Sex N' Drugs N' Rock N' Roll! They had too much really! Its a very very sad story, they've all moved on, and Axl's trying to!

I don't like how Duff is under-rated!  Tongue No its not because I fancy him like hell, but the fact he plays good bass, he CAN sing, he has one of, if not the greatest Rock attitude that'd scare Motley away!  hihi He's funny but smart. I think Izzy's under-rated! What fuckin talent! What talent! Thats all I can say! Of course they ALL had talent, but Izzy was there totally for the music- he didn't want sell-out stadiums, arenas, he wanted a small quiet event where people would listen and appreciate good rock n roll!
Steven is such a hard-ass drummer, he was/ is brilliant, the pounds on the drums, in the intro of PC, the drumming which livened up SCOM more, imagine SCOM without Stevie Boy!

Axl's under-rated with many young teens who like "Rock" music today (when really its emo crap!) as they think he has a rubbish voice- i hear so many complaints, but they just don't understand real music do they?!?
Slash is the most faous one with Axl, everyone are always interested in them two, "when's axl releasing CD!?!" Or "Slash ain't got his top hat no more!" i don't mind that Slash has fame and glory, cos boy does that man deserve it! he is a genius! His riffs which twirl in circles and sing at you or they somewhat just take you away from where ever your situated! His guitar allows you to slip away into a different world, like Jimi the Great!

I think Steven, Duff and Izzy were the under-rated ones, and Axl n Slash the "Over-rated" ones!
Matt n Gilby n' Dizzy are under-rated too!
The reason for Slash n Axl, is simply because the lead guitar is classed as a main instrument, and frontmen-well you never know what'll happen next!

SLASH- "Guitar solos are back," he said with a grin through his long, curly mane.
GNR- The hardworking band that once called themselves FAMILY!!!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: