Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 06:38:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227779 Posts in 43246 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Songs you recommend to people - READ THE RULES FIRST!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Songs you recommend to people - READ THE RULES FIRST!  (Read 237031 times)
josh85
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #100 on: November 30, 2005, 11:31:00 AM »

i see a darkness by 'bonnie prince billy', its a bit of a folky tune with some real passion. johnny cash covered it on one of the american recordings and both versions are well worth a listen, the bonnie prince takes the prize though.
Evolution
« Reply #101 on: November 30, 2005, 12:23:09 PM »

i see a darkness by 'bonnie prince billy', its a bit of a folky tune with some real passion. johnny cash covered it on one of the american recordings and both versions are well worth a listen, the bonnie prince takes the prize though.

Sorry Josh. Rules are you gotta listen to the song i recommended and give a short review, then someone else checks out your track Wink
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #102 on: November 30, 2005, 12:24:43 PM »

Holy flying fuck!

Is it possible to have a hidden thread? ?So the only post in the "Songs you recommend to people" thread is the rules and a link to the hidden thread, so that way people can't avoid the rules?

Anyways, could you post a yousendit link for the song you're talking about Evo?
Evolution
« Reply #103 on: November 30, 2005, 01:43:30 PM »

Anyways, could you post a yousendit link for the song you're talking about Evo?

http://s62.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0NRN85J3J4N302YVHGDYRFDEVM

i sure can
josh85
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #104 on: December 02, 2005, 12:30:24 AM »

i see, well thats what happens when you post on a thread without checking it out properly first. my bad!
Evolution
« Reply #105 on: December 02, 2005, 10:38:06 AM »

i see, well thats what happens when you post on a thread without checking it out properly first. my bad!

No bother, who's checked out my tune then?  Wink
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #106 on: December 06, 2005, 05:42:02 PM »

No bother, who's checked out my tune then?? Wink

Hey Evo, your link didnt work for me so I had to rip it off Limewire...fucking rare track there was only maybe 3 files for share.

I didnt really have high expectations since you compared it to two of my least favorite musicians-> Bon Jovi and Creed Tongue

Nonetheless, I gave it a listen with an open mind and I was much more impressed with this track then the disco-esque thing you previously recommended. It sounds incredibly modern, yet isnt lacking the originality or aggression that too many up and coming rock acts lack. The guitar riff are delightfully simple and the chorus is great to daydream too while singing..great pick ok

My recommendation to you (and hopefully you havnt already heard it!) is "Villian" by Canadian Idol finalist Jacob Hoggard's band HEDLEY. Dont the Canadian Idol thing scare you away, this guy made it to the finals for a reason...because he can fucking sing his lungs out! This band is located in Vancouver and slowly but surely they are branching out in popularity everywhere.

This is the bands first single, but there are plenty more to come since the whole cd kicks ass! The best way I can describe the type of music is a cross between Finch and AFI, with the poppy goodness of Blink-182 sprinkled on top. Jacob sounds like Rob Thomas for the first verse but once he gets to the chorus hes a screamer! His voice meshes flawlessly with a killer bass riff and gutar riffage..I most hope you enjoy this tune dude!...and if you like download "On My Own" its not as good as Villian but its good nonetheless.  ok

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Evolution
« Reply #107 on: December 07, 2005, 05:47:47 PM »

This sounds alright. I get you with the bassline and he has a cool voice. Sounds like he is holding back to me at times. He should show off more! All in all i like and the solo-esque break down is good.

My next recommendation is "Virus With Shoes" by Little Hell. You may recognize it from VH1's VR special. Their singer is the English guy who got flown in.

Pretty unknown band with a killer chorus and vocals. Punky rocky kind of tune. Enjoy!

http://s64.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3NQ5BPDX0ECC931DNYQZBBG36I
Queen of Everything
Slash is Orgasmic (This title has been bumped by the poster)
Legend

Slash Can Ride....... Me!

« Reply #108 on: December 09, 2005, 04:46:01 AM »

Wolfmother - Minds Eye

Formerly "Drama_qween"... but still as cool. Smiley
www.myspace.com/jessheartsmusic
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #109 on: December 09, 2005, 05:32:06 AM »

Wolfmother - Minds Eye

Look, love.

I'll give you some advice.

Try reading more than just the title of a thread before posting in it, yeah?

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #110 on: December 09, 2005, 05:34:06 AM »

My next recommendation is "Virus With Shoes" by Little Hell.

K, I've listened to both of the songs posted by Evo... I like this one better than the first one (Logan). ?For some reason the Logan song reminded me of Three Doors Down?

Anyways, I liked the chorus on Virus With Shoes but I'm iffy on some of the distorted screaming.

I'm going to recommend a Canadian band that I think comes from Montreal. ?I'm actually not sure if they are still together at this point, but they had a string of singles that were fantastic. ?I guess they're blues based rock.. but with an occasional reggae influence. ?I think they also did a few albums where they recoded the full album in both French and English. ?Anyways, they're called Big Sugar....

This is "Nicotina":
http://s39.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=376E2EVXSVB9B1TS9Y3IYEVBKT
Queen of Everything
Legend

« Reply #111 on: December 09, 2005, 05:37:19 AM »

Wolfmother - Minds Eye

Look, love.

I'll give you some advice.

Try reading more than just the title of a thread before posting in it, yeah?

I did... and It asked for songs that wern't popular or much heard of... Im sorry but where I am from... No-one has heard of Wolf Mother?!  Angry

Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #112 on: December 09, 2005, 05:39:55 AM »

I did... and It asked for songs that wern't popular or much heard of... Im sorry but where I am from... No-one has heard of Wolf Mother?! Angry

I think the biggest problem in the thread is this:

Post your own recommended independent albums/songs only after commenting on another album or song previously posted.
Queen of Everything
Legend

« Reply #113 on: December 09, 2005, 05:43:56 AM »

I think the biggest problem in the thread is this:

Post your own recommended independent albums/songs only after commenting on another album or song previously posted.
Woah. Sorry... 

The song is like The White Stripes... Kinda Old School.  SImple Music.  SOme references to Black Sabbath in some songs.  (Iron Maiden)  I think anyone who really likes the white stripes will really like WolfMother!!!  ok

Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #114 on: December 09, 2005, 05:46:25 AM »

The song is like The White Stripes... Kinda Old School. SImple Music. SOme references to Black Sabbath in some songs. (Iron Maiden) I think anyone who really likes the white stripes will really like WolfMother!!! ok

lol... No.... that's this rule:

If you wish to recommend a song, please describe the band, and song.
Queen of Everything
Legend

« Reply #115 on: December 09, 2005, 07:32:29 AM »

The song is like The White Stripes... Kinda Old School. SImple Music. SOme references to Black Sabbath in some songs. (Iron Maiden) I think anyone who really likes the white stripes will really like WolfMother!!! ok

lol... No.... that's this rule:

Argh... Im sorry?  This is a very confussing thread (No Jim, before you insult my intelligence... shut up)

I have Posted before about Silvertide and I said something about STP... so Im not sure if that counts... but Anyway!  Just Check out Wolfmother ok? lol

Evolution
« Reply #116 on: December 09, 2005, 11:40:23 AM »

You have to check out the previous poster's song first, then write a short review, and THEN you make your pick  ok

I gave Nicotina a blast and i really enjoyed it! Something to strut to.  ok

Pretty uplifting chorus and good fun to jam along to. I learnt the bass to it.

I love this thread, so many new bands to discover.

My pick , just so drama queens song will be heard is Wolfmother - Minds Eye

I havent got a copy so either drama qween can supply or Limewire it?
Sparksry
VIP

Keep Calm and Welcome to the Jungle

« Reply #117 on: December 09, 2005, 06:15:08 PM »

I would have to recomend both holy mountains by System and also Bat Country By Avenged Sevenfold

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
Evolution
« Reply #118 on: December 09, 2005, 08:24:31 PM »

I would have to recomend both holy mountains by System and also Bat Country By Avenged Sevenfold

Does ANYONE read the fucking rules??? They are even in the post above yours!

Listen to this first, give your opinion, then make your pick my friend

Wolfmother - Minds Eye http://s49.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0OT2HOUA6IN48127BUARSIDM8M

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #119 on: December 10, 2005, 09:31:50 AM »

Does ANYONE read the fucking rules??? They are even in the post above yours!
I refer you to my previous idea;

On the solution side of things...

....the thread title could be edited by a mod to....

Songs you recommend to people (Read the Fucking Rules!)

Songs you recommend to people (No Big Name Artists)

Songs you recommend to people (Noobs, Feck off)

Or this one which i quite like if it's possible it's a cracking idea......(only downside is i still see the morons 'skipping over' the rules and making the same mistakes...)

Is it possible to have a hidden thread? ?So the only post in the "Songs you recommend to people" thread is the rules and a link to the hidden thread, so that way people can't avoid the rules?

Anyway either way something needs doing, a permanent solution is needed, i must of PM'd Jarmo about 10 times in the past on totally seperate occasions asking him to clear things up, and he does, he delete's the stupid (posts that is....if only it was members Wink) and posts a message which is always ignored.? If i remember correctly originally the rules were mean't to be re-posted at the top of EVERY page.? Although looking at this page that clearly won't work since someone has made an incorrect posted blind siding (love that wrestling term hihi) the previous one which has the rules in.? FOR FUCKS SAKE!

This is the current song:

And these are the rules
Please read...

Apart from B-Sides/Rare songs, please do not add a song by a band with a major record deal, or bands who get serious airplay.
You can however add songs by bands, who have recently hit the big time, but maybe have a few albums (released on indies) the majority have not heard
« Last Edit: December 10, 2005, 09:34:25 AM by Stoned » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: