Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:44:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Songs you recommend to people - READ THE RULES FIRST!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Songs you recommend to people - READ THE RULES FIRST!  (Read 236333 times)
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2005, 06:26:45 AM »

I checked that song out and I think it was average at best. The bass riff and guitar riff seem identical and the riff seems to just repeat itself without leading up to anything else and the solo was okay if not too electronic? Undecided

I recommend "So Damn Tight" by Rattlesnake Remedy, it's just kick ass rock n' roll

rattlesnakeremedy.com

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2005, 06:58:42 PM »

This thread is not nearly as alive as it should be....

Anything by the following...

Choking Victim
Leftover Crack
Unseen
Operation Ivy

All punk/Hardcore bands.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2005, 07:00:55 PM »

Listened to a Rattlesnake Remedy song very medicore, i mean it's my kind of music they were just real poor at it the vocalist was nothing to write home about.  I searched for a Operation Ivy song and downloaded Junkie's Runnin' Dry (the title appealed to me).  Pretty cool punk got a catchy feel to it, nothing to special but with it being an Arron recommendation i'm guessing i need to be mashed to full appreciate and im in the midst of rolling so my opinion of it may improve.

Ok here's a rarity for you.  In 1989 Monster Magnet released Forget About Life I'm High On Dope on a limited number of vinyls (Yes they are big now, well kinda but they weren't when they put this out).  Now it's never come out on CD (officially) so it may be a bit of a mission to find it, if you can't pm me and i'll send it to you it's called Eightball.

......And estranged.1098........dude.......go read the fucking rules on page 1...have a nice day rant
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2005, 08:36:04 PM »

Ok here's a rarity for you.  In 1989 Monster Magnet released Forget About Life I'm High On Dope on a limited number of vinyls (Yes they are big now, well kinda but they weren't when they put this out).  Now it's never come out on CD (officially) so it may be a bit of a mission to find it, if you can't pm me and i'll send it to you it's called Eightball.

Eightball is heavy, I dig it.  smoking Somehow, I think it could have been an interesting black metal song.

For my recommendation, check out Jag Panzer's album Ample Destruction. Or, just any song off it. The whole thing is great! JP is more well known these days, but good luck getting your hands on AD. Piracy is the only really reliable way to get at it, arr. Wink
armstrong
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2005, 05:14:32 AM »

supared - lets be sunlike  love

and anything by

helloween
edguy
freedom call
avantasia  Tongue
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2005, 07:03:26 PM »

JP is more well known these days, but good luck getting your hands on AD. Piracy is the only really reliable way to get at it, arr. Wink
hihi can't be too well known i've never heard of them and i would like to think i haven't been living under a rock.  Piracy worked anyway, i downloaded the whole album off Direct Connect.  I really like the stuff, some awesome guitar playing, great fast tempo stuff on tracks like Cardiac Arrest.  I love the slow building intro on Eyes of the Night.  The vocals are pretty good to i'd describe them as a cross between Bruce Dickinson & Paul Di'Annio(think i got the spelling correct there).  Anywayz i'd say that's one of the best recommendations so far, only thing that i did not like were the real dodgy backing vocals on Warfare but that's a very minor complaint.  Are they British btw?

As for other recommendations i only checked out one of Arron's and i overlooked Armstrong's too so here's a list for people to check out;
Choking Victim
Leftover Crack
Unseen

Supared - Let's Be Sunlike
Helloween
Edguy
Freedom Call
Avantasia 
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2005, 09:52:13 PM »

Jag Panzer is American power metal. Ample Destruction came out in 1984, and was a groundbreaking album for power metal. Helloween helped start the European type of power metal. For Helloween, the Keeper of the 7 Keys (parts 1 and 2) are their 2 masterpieces, but Wall of Jerico and The Dark Ride are good too.
Emerald Blues
Opening Act

something has died

« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2005, 03:35:31 PM »

Pink Floyd-Coming Back To Life
Radiohead-Sulk
Ataxia-Dust
Alot of John Frusciante songs,too long to list..
Alot of The Who and The Kinks...
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2005, 06:25:15 PM »

I think a new thread should be started where people can just post the names of random artists that they recommend because this thread is getting out of control

smoking Izzy? smoking

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2005, 06:29:57 PM »

I think a new thread should be started where people can just post the names of random artists that they recommend because this thread is getting out of control

smoking Izzy? smoking
There is one for the 'commercial' bands it just ain't a sticky...i'll get the link in a sec, if people just learned to read rules there would be no problem, this thread is good when used properly, problem is not only do people list obvious bands and artists they fail to even offer a reason why

Here you go all you incompetent fools who can't read rules, you wanna abuse a thread off ya go http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=14487.0
« Last Edit: August 12, 2005, 06:38:58 PM by Stoned » Logged
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2005, 06:52:23 PM »

Thanks for finding that, you just might have saved this thread

smoking Izzy? smoking

Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2005, 06:18:21 AM »

I think one reason why this thread isn't working so well is that people have such varied tastes in music; Guns N' Roses is a popular band and listened to by a wide range of people. On another board I go to, visited by fans of a not so well known prog band, people have been giving out lots of song/band recommendations, and it's worked out really well because we've all got very similar tastes - a lot people have found their favorite new bands that way. (my most recent find: Agalloch.. oh my fucking god? drool) It's at a point where you can actually trust the recommendations and download/buy the material, because there's a 90% chance you'll love it.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2005, 11:28:57 PM »

Here's another one for you guys.

Hellhammer- Triumph Of Death  peace

This one is from their Apocalyptic Raids demo. This band was so tr00 and kvlt, they never released an album, only demos. Celtic Frost, the band formed after Hellhammer split, is more familiar, but I never really got into them. Hellhammer, however, is the real stuff! It's unbelievable how heavy this song is for ~1982. It ranks up there with Black Sabbath and Beyond The Realms Of Death. It's also very important historically in the development of black metal, even if it's mostly doomy in sound.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2005, 05:45:40 PM »

The song/album Master of Puppets by Metallica.

This thread does not work like that!

These are the rules, everybody thinking of posting in this thread, pay attention:

• Apart from B-Sides/Rare songs, please do not add a song by a band with a major record deal, or bands who get serious airplay.
  • If you wish to recommend a song, please describe the band, and song.
  • Post your own recommended independent albums/songs only after commenting on another album or song previously posted.
  • You can however add songs by bands, who have recently hit the big time, but maybe have a few albums (released on indies) the majority have not heard.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2005, 06:17:12 PM »

Yeah, and you still do the same thing.

You're breaking all the rules:

Apart from B-Sides/Rare songs, please do not add a song by a band with a major record deal, or bands who get serious airplay.

You list well known songs by huge bands.

If you wish to recommend a song, please describe the band, and song.

You don't have any song descriptions.

Post your own recommended independent albums/songs only after commenting on another album or song previously posted.

You didn't comment on the previous recommended song.

You can however add songs by bands, who have recently hit the big time, but maybe have a few albums (released on indies) the majority have not heard.

Your songs are well known.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2005, 08:21:22 PM »

I seriously recommend a song called When Demons Awake by a band called Rhapsody. It combines elements from Black Metal and Classic Heavy Metal. It has Metallica-speed guitarwork and it includes frequent keyboard work in the song with somewhat "tolerable" vocals; meaning that the singer cna be understood...to a degree. The band is a newer band, with an album release in 2003 (i think) and i recommend oyu guys listen to the song. headbanger

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #56 on: August 18, 2005, 10:36:33 PM »

Newer? Rhapsody has been around for over a decade, with 5 albums out so far. They are also very well known by metal standards. I've never been overly impressed by them. They're like a watered down Manowar, even though Joey DeMaio supposedly likes them.

Actually, it might be a problem if too many kvlt obscure bands are posted, since it can be very hard to find them. My Hellhammer recommendation is rather well known as influential, though...

Anyway, about the song. It's ok power metal, better than Nightwish, but not as good as Dragonforce and Symphony X. The orchestra type singing just doesn't work better than a single talented singer. The guitars sound fine, but not exceptional. Rhapsody and Power Quest, meh, I just don't get Italian power metal.

It sounds nothing like black metal, by the way. Wink
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2005, 11:19:04 PM »

Newer? Rhapsody has been around for over a decade, with 5 albums out so far. They are also very well known by metal standards. I've never been overly impressed by them. They're like a watered down Manowar, even though Joey DeMaio supposedly likes them.

Actually, it might be a problem if too many kvlt obscure bands are posted, since it can be very hard to find them. My Hellhammer recommendation is rather well known as influential, though...

Anyway, about the song. It's ok power metal, better than Nightwish, but not as good as Dragonforce and Symphony X. The orchestra type singing just doesn't work better than a single talented singer. The guitars sound fine, but not exceptional. Rhapsody and Power Quest, meh, I just don't get Italian power metal.

It sounds nothing like black metal, by the way. Wink

I just started listening ot them recently and i had no idea they were around so long. Also, black metal by guys like children of bodom give rhapsody that "black metal touch" My appologies.

speaking of which, i reccomend also lisetning to Chokehold (Coked N' Loaded) by Children of Bodom. Altough I'm not a big fan of black metal, i give this song credit for the up-and-coming guitar genious Alexei Lahio. The song flows pretty well, and hints of "old school" metal is eveident, though slightly.

Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2005, 12:39:44 AM »

Children Of Bodom barely, if at all, qualifies as black metal. Dimmu Borgir isn't kvlt, either. They're more of a power metal with harsh vocals and distorted guitars, but not really black metal at all. For some real, tr00 black metal, get Darkthrone, Burzum, Emperor, Bathory, Enslaved, Graveland, Immortal, Summoning, Ulver, Gorgoroth, Arcturus, Ildjarn, and Mayhem. Yeah, all of those are worthy. Yes, I love black metal. Smiley
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

« Reply #59 on: August 25, 2005, 12:21:17 PM »

Children Of Bodom barely, if at all, qualifies as black metal. Dimmu Borgir isn't kvlt, either. They're more of a power metal with harsh vocals and distorted guitars, but not really black metal at all. For some real, tr00 black metal, get Darkthrone, Burzum, Emperor, Bathory, Enslaved, Graveland, Immortal, Summoning, Ulver, Gorgoroth, Arcturus, Ildjarn, and Mayhem. Yeah, all of those are worthy. Yes, I love black metal. Smiley

burned again....ok ill shut up  Smiley

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: