Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:03:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Songs you recommend to people - READ THE RULES FIRST!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Songs you recommend to people - READ THE RULES FIRST!  (Read 236326 times)
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #140 on: December 30, 2005, 07:33:51 PM »

Only if you ask nicely, in a sexy voice Kiss

Relax, I wasn't aware there were rules on the thread, I am sorry, i'm downloading it now peace

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Evolution
« Reply #141 on: December 30, 2005, 07:40:48 PM »

Only if you ask nicely, in a sexy voice Kiss

Relax, I wasn't aware there were rules on the thread, I am sorry, i'm downloading it now peace

They were at the top of the page you posted on  Tongue

"Go on kujo babes, give it a listen"  Kiss
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #142 on: December 30, 2005, 07:49:24 PM »

Now thats more like it Wink

CKY's Suddenly Tragic: My first thought was "Oh fuck, not CKY". I had only heard a few songs of theirs before and didn't really care for them. So I was prepared to hate this also. Surprisingly I thought the vocals were very good, but the music was boring. I think every note musically was lifted from a "How to Play (Insert name of Instrument Here)" book. I would have rather had weaker vocals and better music.

OK, now check out Gypsy

http://www.annaphoebe.com/Anna%20Phoebe%20-%20Downloads.htm

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Aava
Everything changes
VIP

If you wanna do it, baby, you can do it right

« Reply #143 on: December 30, 2005, 09:23:17 PM »

I listened that Gypsy song. It was actually pretty cool, weird, but still good. I like when people do something little different.
I like stories in a song and lyrics are very important for me, so as this song was all instrumental, something was obviously missing..  Tongue

I recommend a song from The Libertines, called What A Waster http://www.thelibertines.org.uk --> jukebox.
This is basic punk rock song. Lyrics are great, it?s cathy and just amazing song in every way, one of my all time favourite! Enjoy!

We're on the one road
Maybe the wrong road
It's the road to fuck knows where
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #144 on: December 31, 2005, 08:33:10 AM »

below is a link of the acoustic version of megadeths' song "trust" and i think its awesome. In mp3 format and i believe its a rare.

http://s61.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0EMXSG5D4K8OE21834WIOV8MQ2

below is another download i recommend. It's by a man called Alice Dee. The song is very much like Hurricane Party. its also in mp3 format.

http://s61.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1DBVSETAI25TE10E5WBXB8JN8J

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #145 on: December 31, 2005, 10:51:49 AM »

below is a link of the acoustic version of megadeths' song "trust" and i think its awesome. In mp3 format and i believe its a rare.

below is another download i recommend. It's by a man called Alice Dee. The song is very much like Hurricane Party. its also in mp3 format.

Look, you really need to go and find the rules for this thread before posting.

How many times do we have to remind people of that?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #146 on: December 31, 2005, 03:50:33 PM »

Look, you really need to go and find the rules for this thread before posting.

How many times do we have to remind people of that?

/jarmo

but acoustic trust is rare. As for Alice Dee, no one has heard of him, a part from maybe a handful

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #147 on: January 01, 2006, 08:54:40 AM »

but acoustic trust is rare. As for Alice Dee, no one has heard of him, a part from maybe a handful

You still didn't read the rules, or if you did, you didn't understand them.

You're supposed to download a track that was recommended. Listen to it, then say what you thought about the song and then post a link to a new song (with a description).

• Apart from B-Sides/Rare songs, please do not add a song by a band with a major record deal, or bands who get serious airplay.
  • If you wish to recommend a song, please describe the band, and song.
  • Post your own recommended independent albums/songs only after commenting on another album or song previously posted.
  • You can however add songs by bands, who have recently hit the big time, but maybe have a few albums (released on indies) the majority have not heard.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #148 on: January 01, 2006, 04:04:55 PM »

You still didn't read the rules, or if you did, you didn't understand them.

You're supposed to download a track that was recommended. Listen to it, then say what you thought about the song and then post a link to a new song (with a description).

• Apart from B-Sides/Rare songs, please do not add a song by a band with a major record deal, or bands who get serious airplay.
  • If you wish to recommend a song, please describe the band, and song.
  • Post your own recommended independent albums/songs only after commenting on another album or song previously posted.
  • You can however add songs by bands, who have recently hit the big time, but maybe have a few albums (released on indies) the majority have not heard.

/jarmo

oh ryt. sorry. i get it know

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #149 on: January 06, 2006, 03:11:17 PM »

I listened that Gypsy song. It was actually pretty cool, weird, but still good. I like when people do something little different.
I like stories in a song and lyrics are very important for me, so as this song was all instrumental, something was obviously missing..? Tongue

I recommend a song from The Libertines, called What A Waster http://www.thelibertines.org.uk --> jukebox.
This is basic punk rock song. Lyrics are great, it?s cathy and just amazing song in every way, one of my all time favourite! Enjoy!

I already had downloaded this song as well as a live version after reading from your Libertines thread, but Ill still post my review for it. I think the track is very cool and definately has a punk vibe to it, but for some reason I felt like I was listening to Rancid or Transplants. Pete's vocal's just sound like a cliche of Tim's. I liked "Cant Stand Me Now" way better actually. Musically the song isn't brilliant but it's catchy and will get a lot of spins on my iPod ok

My recommendation to you is "Warmness on the Soul" by Avenged Sevenfold and it's off their first album, Sounding the 7th Trumpet.

I got into this band awhile ago because I adore Screamo music, but was pleasantly surprised when I found this breathtaking track. There is no screamo vocals at all, and for the first part it is mostly an acoustic track. I find the lyrics as well as the composition of the song to be amazing and Im sure you will most enjoy this track.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #150 on: January 21, 2006, 03:54:30 PM »

Wow sorry.? Undecided didnt think theyd made it across Europe just yet. I am still getting used to the flow of the forums aswell. Instead of just shouting me down aadva can you recommend a decent band/song?
If you were the first person, yeah, it's not your fault but your seriously like the 100th person to totally fuck up in this thread it get's really annoying.....

.....since no mods are around, back to the first person who actually followed the rules;

This is from MainMan of the Stoner Axl kind, AxlsMainMan

My recommendation to you is "Warmness on the Soul" by Avenged Sevenfold and it's off their first album, Sounding the 7th Trumpet.

I got into this band awhile ago because I adore Screamo music, but was pleasantly surprised when I found this breathtaking track. There is no screamo vocals at all, and for the first part it is mostly an acoustic track. I find the lyrics as well as the composition of the song to be amazing and Im sure you will most enjoy this track.

So rules are you listen to this before you post a recommendation, and when you do you comment on it first and review it so to speak, and also your recommendation needs to be like non-commercial, non major record deal, in the kind of, who the fuck are they zone Tongue Tongue

Edit: Why did i say it's not your fault, it is, you did n't read the rules *Shakes Fist*, Noob Roll Eyes Tongue
Karma_Police
« Reply #151 on: January 23, 2006, 10:04:12 PM »

Anything off the albums Wet From Birth and Dance Macabre by The Faint. They ahve a real groovey vibe to them. Kind of a bit industrial or maybe like electro rock. I like it alot. Click the link and you can hear a few of their songs. http://www.thefaint.com/audio/

Of these I especially like Glass Danse. Other really good ones are Symptom Finger and Paranoiattack Cool Let me know what you guys think. beer
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #152 on: January 23, 2006, 10:18:23 PM »

Anything off the albums Wet From Birth and Dance Macabre by The Faint. They ahve a real groovey vibe to them. Kind of a bit industrial or maybe like electro rock. I like it alot. Click the link and you can hear a few of their songs. http://www.thefaint.com/audio/

Of these I especially like Glass Danse. Other really good ones are Symptom Finger and Paranoiattack Cool Let me know what you guys think. beer

Hey before somebody jumps your case, you should read the rules. You have to comment on the previous recommendation before making your own.
Karma_Police
« Reply #153 on: January 23, 2006, 10:27:14 PM »

Hey before somebody jumps your case, you should read the rules. You have to comment on the previous recommendation before making your own.

Well to comment I would actually have to have listend to the song. that means I'd have to have a download program or actually go out and buy the disc. Not gonna happen. Sorry for being an ass and posting a recomendation with an actuall link to listen. Don't assume I didn't read the rules.
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #154 on: January 23, 2006, 10:34:15 PM »

Well to comment I would actually have to have listend to the song. that means I'd have to have a download program or actually go out and buy the disc. Not gonna happen. Sorry for being an ass and posting a recomendation with an actuall link to listen. Don't assume I didn't read the rules.

It's cool. They're not my rules. I was just trying to give you a heads up, so you wouldn't get attacked by Evo and Stoned. hihi
Karma_Police
« Reply #155 on: January 23, 2006, 10:36:57 PM »

It's cool. They're not my rules. I was just trying to give you a heads up, so you wouldn't get attacked by Evo and Stoned. hihi

Cool. Sorry for getting pissy. I guess I kinda took offence when you said I should read the rules first. I'm trying not to be a typical newbie by making cliched newbie mistakes. Grin beer
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #156 on: January 23, 2006, 10:51:17 PM »

hihi Like i would, i'm the friendly dude who just points people in the right direction....

...anyway i'd never attack someone with an avatar of Maria drool
Karma_Police
« Reply #157 on: January 23, 2006, 10:53:10 PM »

hihi Like i would, i'm the friendly dude who just points people in the right direction....

...anyway i'd never attack someone with an avatar of Maria drool

Cool. I notice alot of wrestling fans here based on avatars. That's good. beer
Evolution
« Reply #158 on: January 24, 2006, 09:17:57 PM »

Cool. I notice alot of wrestling fans here based on avatars. That's good. beer

You saved yourself from attack  hihi Venture over to our thread in "Fun N' Games" and say hey  ok
splintermonkey2
Opening Act

« Reply #159 on: February 07, 2006, 01:27:03 AM »

Cavemen Rejoice-The Bags

The Bags have successfully avoided fame and fortune for 20 years.w00t.

Appetite for Destruction>Led Zeppelin IV>Edward The Great>Forty Licks>Dark Side Of The Moon>Every Other Album Ever Released
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: