Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:35:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GNN - GN'R News Network
| | |-+  Axl Rose is producing CD: Cd almost ready !
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl Rose is producing CD: Cd almost ready !  (Read 15614 times)
TWOIFBYSEA02
« on: June 10, 2004, 09:03:52 AM »

GUNS N' ROSES Bassist: AXL ROSE In Producer's Chair For 'Chinese Democracy' - June 10, 2004  

After having worked with a long list of producers ? including Roy Thomas Baker, Bob Ezrin, Sean Beavan and Moby ? GUNS N' ROSES frontman Axl Rose has taken over production duties for the group's long-awaited album, "Chinese Democracy", GUNS N' ROSES bassist Tommy Stinson has told MTV.com. The reason the disc isn't done yet, he added, is because Rose is a methodical perfectionist who wants to make the creation of "Chinese Democracy" as democratic as possible.

"He likes to take all the members of the band and get the best out of each guy for each song," Stinson told MTV.com. "It's a brilliant process that gets everyone involved so everyone owns a piece of the song because they've put themselves into it. That way you don't have people going, 'Well, I'm not gonna play on his song if you're not gonna sing on my song.' And that's a lengthy process because you have to get eight people to basically write a song together that everyone likes."

Stinson added that he thinks the record is finally almost done, and the only thing that's holding back its completion is legal issues. Even the recent departure of guitarist Buckethead isn't slowing anything down. "As far as I know, he hasn't been replaced, but we already have enough guitarists," Stinson said. "We have Robin Finck and Richard Fortus, and Buckethead will be on the record, too. I really have no idea why he decided to leave, but it didn't come out of left field because he's always come and gone. Even when I do see him, I don't know what he thinks." Read more.  

source: blabbermouth.net
DemocracyRose
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2004, 10:43:13 AM »

I take this as good news.... Grin

Maybe we will get a release date in a few month!!!!!
The Michelin-Man
Headliner

Appetite For Destruction = BEST RECORD EVER!!!

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2004, 01:08:52 PM »

Maybe we will get a release date in a few month!!!!!

yeah right...  hihi

Guns N' Roses / Velvet Revolver / Adler's Appetite
GREASER57
Banned
Opening Act

DO NOT JOIN THE AIRFORCE!

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2004, 01:48:43 PM »

Pick up Velvet Revolver and forget about Chinese Democracy, its not going to happen.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2004, 02:16:08 PM »

Pick up Velvet Revolver and forget about Chinese Democracy, its not going to happen.

I've picked up VR's cd but I'm still waiting for Chinese Democracy cause it's coming sometime... soon...

SLCPUNK
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2004, 02:29:43 PM »

Tommy = codependent.  hihi

j/k.

Well it sounds like something is happening. I still won't believe it unti I see it though.
Eeebs
I was kissed by Matt Sorum!!
VIP

Riot Act

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2004, 07:02:10 PM »

Chinese Democracy starts now!!!  Tongue Smiley
Slashly
Harley Davidson
VIP

-blank-

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2004, 07:03:23 PM »

If Axl is producing Chinece Democracy I?ll kill myself.It would be good to hear CD but with Axl on the producing chair....no no

Baby Slash//

"But a bottle of vodka still lies in my hand some blonde gave me nughtmares, I think that you`re still in my head"
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2004, 12:35:46 PM »

If Axl is producing Chinece Democracy I?ll kill myself.It would be good to hear CD but with Axl on the producing chair....no no

Baby Slash//
Hmmm... Can you explain me why the hell it is a bad thing? I think it's cool, Axl is the only one who knows what exactly this album should sound. If he can make really good music, why he can't producing?  Huh

St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2004, 01:51:15 PM »

It's not a bad thing - him producing. He obviously wouldn't do it if he didnt feel he could do it justice - not after all this time and effort put into it anyway.

But you have to admit the list of Producers that have come and gone is liek a who's who guide lol  crazy - not the best of signs really is it?  But one day we may actually be able to hold this album in our hands lol.  

But hey if we are still in the same position this time next year, that would be rough even for the most dedicated fan. Wouldn't be good.

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2004, 06:00:44 AM »

Baby Slash//
Hmmm... Can you explain me why the hell it is a bad thing? I think it's cool, Axl is the only one who knows what exactly this album should sound. If he can make really good music, why he can't producing?  Huh

Because a producer is not a band member, he can have different aspections and as a 'half insider, half outsider' sees the things and the whole recording process from a highe point. I don't remember any good album produced by only bandmembers.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2004, 11:26:49 AM »

Baby Slash//

Because a producer is not a band member, he can have different aspections and as a 'half insider, half outsider' sees the things and the whole recording process from a highe point. I don't remember any good album produced by only bandmembers.
It's not only by Axl. I guess he's taking the producer chair now, but the others like Sean Beaven and Bob Ezrin still have their work in CD.

Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2004, 01:48:19 PM »

I think Axl is the man for the job only he knows what he wants the songs to sounds like. So Axl being a producer is a good thing might be quicker as well.

EEEERRRR Little boy
fixintodie
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2004, 09:54:03 AM »

Baby Slash//

Um....how about every Led Zeppelin album?
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2004, 12:22:18 AM »

Baby Slash//

Trent Reznor if I am not mistaken produces or helps produce alll his albums and they are great.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2004, 12:32:21 PM »

I've always felt an outside producer was the best choice in a frontman/lead guitairist or lyricist/music dynamic of a band entity.

In this case, no matter how collaborative the effort is, it's still Axl's musical vision.  He's the obvious right man for the job.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
thecrippled
Opening Act

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2004, 06:10:52 AM »

It can't be long now... I think he wants to see how VR Contraband does before he releases Chinese smoking
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2004, 12:22:08 PM »

Baby Slash//

Trent Reznor if I am not mistaken produces or helps produce alll his albums and they are great.

It often happens that some of the bandmembers are co-producers, and this can create a great record. (As fas as I know when banmembers are co-producing it means that they are cretited for the number of their producing ideas, but they are not 'real' producers.)
Trent Reznor is co-producer for his forthcoming album, however the producer is Rick Rubin. It's not the same if Trent were the sole producer.

I didn't know that Led Zep produced their albums without a 'real' producer. If it was true, then they would be the only band that produced fantastic albums without a help of an 'outsider'.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2004, 12:46:55 PM »

VR co-produced Contraband...

ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2004, 11:20:53 PM »

Vinnie Paul could never get any producer to get it right, so he sorted it out n' look what happend, the best fuckin' sound ever. He's the drummer from PANTERA by the way.He produces evry album.

You VR hardcore fans just cant help ya selves, hey GREASER57, fuck Contraband, its not that good

yeah go kill ya self Slashy thats nice Roll Eyes, you might regrete it when you hear it from upstars hihi

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: