Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 02:00:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Slash says that Axl only has a couple of songs with vocals on it
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash says that Axl only has a couple of songs with vocals on it  (Read 69264 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #180 on: June 19, 2004, 12:10:00 PM »

Here's my 2 cents worth.

Perhaps this information was made available to Slash and Duff through their lawsuit against Geffen/Universal; in regards to Geffen/Universal releasing the "Greatest Hits" album.

It's a known fact that Geffen/Universal released the album as a means to claw back some of the 13 million dollars that Mr. Rose has spent on his "yet" unreleased project.

Geffen/Universal needed some grounds to back up their case, maybe this tidbit of info was just that.

Again, this is spectulation. Nevertheless, I believe that for Slash to make a comment such as that, (and knowing that Rolling Stone mag would publish it) he must have some source of information.

Later,

Blair

awesome dead horse!

that is very possible in my opinion, they had to show why they wanted to release it, gave out that info, and no one could argue with it

good job!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #181 on: June 19, 2004, 01:14:41 PM »

Well when Rolling Stone went go interview Axl a few years ago, they only heard instrumentals, no vocals.

Maybe when they were interviewing Slash they mentioned that and thats where Slash got his info.

To me its bullshit because of the number of people who have heard the material and the fact that the boston promo has 3 studio songs on it. CD,blues and Maddy.

I think SLash is a few years late with his info.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2004, 01:15:29 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #182 on: June 19, 2004, 02:09:59 PM »

Well when Rolling Stone went go interview Axl a few years ago, they only heard instrumentals, no vocals.

Maybe when they were interviewing Slash they mentioned that and thats where Slash got his info.

To me its bullshit because of the number of people who have heard the material and the fact that the boston promo has 3 studio songs on it. CD,blues and Maddy.

I think SLash is a few years late with his info.

I dont think that is right, I thought the interviewer said only oklhoma didnt have vocals.  I thought the rest did.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #183 on: June 19, 2004, 02:16:10 PM »

i gotta go back and read the article..you could be correct

Imagine Led Zeppelin's Physical Graffiti remixed by Beck and Trent Reznor, and you'll have some sense of Axl's new sound.

Song after song combines the edgy hard rock force and pop smarts of vintage Guns N Roses with surprisingly modern and ambitious music textures. In addition to the album's almost grungy title track, tentative song titles include ''Catcher in the Rye,'' ''I.R.S,'' ''The Blues'' and ''TWAT,'' which he says stands for ''there was a time.''

I guess you're right
« Last Edit: June 19, 2004, 02:21:53 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #184 on: June 19, 2004, 02:39:52 PM »

How many songs on IRS demo CD was said to have vocals on?  
shaun
« Reply #185 on: June 19, 2004, 03:06:19 PM »

It's kinda funny, RNRIII the new GN'R were supposed to return *next time* and play some NEW songs. Buckethead left (at-least that was the excuse) and the *next time* never happend  Wink

That -Ryhiad- song, i always thought it sounded unfinished. It was in a demo state maybe.

Didn't Izzy used to write all the best songs anyway? maybe they should get Izzy back  Smiley - ...and get Buckethead back too  ok

« Last Edit: June 19, 2004, 03:12:25 PM by shaun » Logged
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #186 on: June 19, 2004, 03:12:47 PM »

It's kinda funny, RNRIII the new GN'R were supposed to return *next time* and play some NEW songs. Buckhead left (at-least that was the excuse) and the *next time* never happend  Wink

That -Ryhiad- song, i always thought it sounded unfinished. It was in a demo state maybe.

Didn't Izzy used to write all the best songs anyway? maybe they should get Izzy back  Smiley

IMO Axl wrote the best songs.
coma, civil war, estranged, breakdown, locomotive,  nov rain, etc etc plus axl wrote a lot of the lyircs on AFD even tho people think it was mostly izzy

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
shaun
« Reply #187 on: June 19, 2004, 03:56:12 PM »

It's kinda funny, RNRIII the new GN'R were supposed to return *next time* and play some NEW songs. Buckhead left (at-least that was the excuse) and the *next time* never happend  Wink

Didn't Izzy used to write all the best songs anyway? maybe they should get Izzy back  Smiley

IMO Axl wrote the best songs.
coma, civil war, estranged, breakdown, locomotive,  nov rain, etc etc plus axl wrote a lot of the lyircs on AFD even tho people think it was mostly izzy

I am not an expert on who wrote what, although my fav GN'R song list differs from yours. My top GN'R tracks would go something like:

Nightrain, Think About You, You`re Crazy, Paradise City, Rocket Queen, Don't Cry, Perfect Crime, Double Talkin' Jive, The Garden, 14 Years, Estranged, The Blues, Madagascar...  ok

Civil War never really done much for me  Smiley
« Last Edit: June 19, 2004, 03:57:06 PM by shaun » Logged
muggsy
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #188 on: June 19, 2004, 04:25:17 PM »

One thing all GNR fans know is that Axl won't sing during the writing process. He does'nt sing a note until he gets finished music to work with. It's always been that way.

If the music is still evolving it would make sense for him not to have done much singing.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #189 on: June 19, 2004, 04:29:47 PM »

One thing all GNR fans know is that Axl won't sing during the writing process. He does'nt sing a note until he gets finished music to work with. It's always been that way.

If the music is still evolving it would make sense for him not to have done much singing.
Yes and all that was true during one peroid of time with this band.

But as Stinson has recently said...
"There are just so many little aspects that are being finalized on that record that every once in a while someone will go, 'God, I just realized you hit a bad note in this one place. We just found it.' And I'll go in and sort it out.
Stinson added that he thinks the record is finally almost done, and the only thing that's holding back its completion is legal issues.

Other than the legalities, Im sure there a good possibility Axl is just tinkering with some stuff. But if there werent any vocals, Stinson would have said it in that article. Period

AxlGunner
VIP

Ryu says: I am NOT a llama!

« Reply #190 on: June 19, 2004, 04:38:30 PM »

But if there werent any vocals, Stinson would have said it in that article. Period

that is in no way true. If there were no vocals there is NO WAY stinson would dare say otherwise. that would be like betraying axl. also, "only thing holding back its completion is legal issues"... this could mean a lot of things. it could, for instance, mean that once axl fixes his legal issues he can focus on completing the album by recording his vocals and mixing the album. it does in no way imply that he is "just tinkering" with it.

this isn't a 63 chevy that you tinker with on weekends.

now you know me better
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #191 on: June 19, 2004, 04:45:57 PM »

If that was the issue, he would have said it. Just like Goldstein said the vocals werent done back in like 2000.

muggsy
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #192 on: June 19, 2004, 04:45:59 PM »

Yes and all that was true during one peroid of time with this band.

But as Stinson has recently said...
"There are just so many little aspects that are being finalized on that record that every once in a while someone will go, 'God, I just realized you hit a bad note in this one place. We just found it.' And I'll go in and sort it out.
Stinson added that he thinks the record is finally almost done, and the only thing that's holding back its completion is legal issues.

Other than the legalities, Im sure there a good possibility Axl is just tinkering with some stuff. But if there werent any vocals, Stinson would have said it in that article. Period

He might have an album done, I'm sure he's got hundreds of poems written by now, but still it's likely when he phones the studio up to hear what they are rehearsing, he's not singing along. As for stinson, why would he say axl has done no vocals if he was'nt asked?
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #193 on: June 19, 2004, 04:48:18 PM »

As for stinson, why would he say axl has done no vocals if he was'nt asked?
He  obiviously was asked about the state of CD and his work with GNR. Hence the explanation of why CD isnt out yet. His answer was Axl is a perfectionist and the legalities aspect.

If there werent any vocals down he would have said it.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2004, 04:49:11 PM by younggunner » Logged

muggsy
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #194 on: June 19, 2004, 04:51:56 PM »

As for stinson, why would he say axl has done no vocals if he was'nt asked?
He  obiviously was asked about the state of CD and his work with GNR. Hence the explanation of why CD isnt out yet. His answer was Axl is a perfectionist and the legalities aspect.

If there werent any vocals down he would have said it.

But WHY would he say that ? What would be his motivation? That would only harm his bandmate, why would he do that.
Death Cube K
« Reply #195 on: June 19, 2004, 04:54:45 PM »

Slash may got some inside information that we don't know about, BUT (and this is a big one) we, the hardcore idiots usually know just as much as the actual GNR band members. I think Slash would be one of the last persons on this planet to actually know what's going on with the new GNR. He would certainly not be able to get information that we (and the rest of the band) don't know about from Axl Rose. So where does this so called "information" of his come from?

There's only one "passage way" for Slash to get this info, and that is from the record label. Geffen. That's the only way for Slash to get information from Axl's camp. Slash has personally admitted he doesnt know anyone in the band (except Dizzy) and Axl have stated himself that he's replaced "every single thing" since the old GNR fell to pieces.

So in my opinion, even if Slash says "I know this for a fact", I'm not beliving it for one second. When the current band members doesnt know everything, why would Slash know more than them?

Go back to talk about stuff you know Slash. New GNR are a mystery. Especially to you.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #196 on: June 19, 2004, 04:56:37 PM »

But WHY would he say that ? What would be his motivation? That would only harm his bandmate, why would he do that.
Because he doesnt need to lie? How would it harm Axl? If the vocals arent done, they arent done. theres nothing to hide.

If there were no vocals down by now, Axl would have a much bigger problem on his hands other than the vocals. He would have no band.

muggsy
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #197 on: June 19, 2004, 05:25:49 PM »

Because he doesnt need to lie? How would it harm Axl? If the vocals arent done, they arent done. theres nothing to hide.

If there were no vocals down by now, Axl would have a much bigger problem on his hands other than the vocals. He would have no band.

And he did'nt, but he also did'nt say a thing about vocals being done or not.

Axl employs all of the band members, they get paid if the album is done or not, however at least one defector has surfaced so far, buckethead, although it sounds like his contract has him bound to the band no matter what. So again, not an issue.

muggsy
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #198 on: June 19, 2004, 05:28:15 PM »

Slash may got some inside information that we don't know about, BUT (and this is a big one) we, the hardcore idiots usually know just as much as the actual GNR band members. I think Slash would be one of the last persons on this planet to actually know what's going on with the new GNR. He would certainly not be able to get information that we (and the rest of the band) don't know about from Axl Rose. So where does this so called "information" of his come from?

Perhaps from people who have worked with Axl, the music community is pretty small in L.A.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #199 on: June 19, 2004, 05:35:41 PM »

Perhaps from people who have worked with Axl, the music community is pretty small in L.A.

You are kidding me right? Not one note for this album has leaked out and Axl has had everyone involved sign a confidentiality paper saying they cant say anything about this album to anyone, so you really think someone in this project, all whom Axl trusts with his life?s work will really talk to slash and tell him only a couple songs have vocals. I don?t think so.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2004, 05:37:20 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: