Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:18:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  What do you wanna know about Adlers Apettite
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: What do you wanna know about Adlers Apettite  (Read 10754 times)
Kiki
The Clog Lady
Legend

And for the finishing touch, God created the Dutch

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2004, 07:11:20 AM »

Ok sorry about the late answer, but i was very busy this week.
We saw Adler's Appetite 2 days last weekend, at first on friday @ The Bospop-festival where they did a great show. I can't remember the exact setlist, but it was a short one only 45 minutes. There were about 2000 people in a tent and everybody was singing and dancing. I also saw that somebody taped that whole show. If you wanna have it, contact me, i think i can find the taper.

After that they did a signingsession, a lot of fans were there. Jizzy wears (sp?) the www.gunsnroses.gr t-shirt. The stagemanager made a pic of it for me, i'm gonna post that later. After the signing-session Steven met Bun E Carlos (drummer of Cheap Trick) the guy why Steven became a drummer. I heard it was the first time they met and Steven was very happy and emotional about it.

Then saturday, the gig in De Boerderij in Zoetermeer. It was their last gig for this tour. The evening started with Flanger www.flanger.de followed by Grape! www.grape2rock.com Very good bands, if you ever get the change to see them do it! Then the curtains were closed and they changed the stage for AA. The set was as followed: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Nightrain, Move To The City, Out Ta Get me, Mama Kin, Sweet Child O' Mine, Hollywood, Civil War, Knockin' On Heavens Door, My Michelle, Mr. Brownstone and Rocket Queen. Encore was: Sin City and Paradise City. Again a very good show, the crowd went insane. Those guys sure know how to rock!

After the show AA went backstage for meets and greets, after that they came back to meet the people who were still there. So a lot of people were very happy that they could talk, get autographs and make pics with the band.

Later that night we went to the bar for the after party.
I asked them some questions, we made a list but one of my friends (who just went home before that) took my list with him.
You can understand it was very crowdy in the bar, so i couldn't ask all the questions, but i have some answers.

Steven talked about his book, it's gonna be a biography from age 12 till now.
He said about it: "I didn't put shit in it, cause when you talk shit, you look like shit yourself" It's already finished and gonna be in the stores  in January/Februari 2005.
I'm gonna buy it, i think it's gonna be interesting enough even without "the shit"....

The new album, name isn't available jet, but it's gonna be a rock-album like rock is meant to be. About 14 songs are gonna be on it, and according to Steven the band's name will stay Adler's Appetite. This album is also gonna be in the stores in the beginning of 2005.

I asked him Gypsy's question: Do you play the GNR songs in your shows because you feel an obligation to the fans to do so or because you really enjoy playing them?
His answer: I also wrote on those songs, the fans love to hear them and i didn't had the change to finish that time. His favorite song is Nightrain.

Brent had a good time this evening, he said it was his best gig from this tour, he really loves it to play the AFD songs cause those are the songs from his favorite album of all times.
The next time they come back in Holland will be October/November (guess who's gonna be there  Wink) He also came to the other side of the stage to personally hand over his guitarpick to me.

Michael (the replacement for Keri ) knew Jizzy, Brent and Robbie before he joined AA. When they called him to ask to do a little tour he immediately said yes! He was a very big fan of GN'R and it's an honour for him to play the AFD-songs. In spite of he wasn't a member for a long time he felt like he was a member of the AA-family. They really are very close to eachother and to the fans.
(I know it sounds silly, but if you meet them more then once it's just like you see old friends back, they're so nice and kind  Smiley)
If they ask Michael to do another tour he would do it, Steven said, i don't wanna let him go, but i also want Keri to be back (he'll be back for the next tour) , maybe we have to play with 3 guitarists. Well let's see what happends in October/November...

We stayed in the bar till 4.15AM (then they throw all of us out Wink)and it was a party. It's very cool to sit in the same bar with a band who you have seen that night. No bodyguards or bandmembers who think they're God or something, just relaxed people. Thanx for a great weekend guys!

Unless your a hemmerhoid, get off my ass!
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2004, 08:56:10 AM »

After that they did a signingsession, a lot of fans were there. Jizzy wears (sp?) the www.gunsnroses.gr t-shirt. The stagemanager made a pic of it for me, i'm gonna post that later.

Hehehe.... On the day of the gig they asked me if they could go to my clothing store and buy some stuff. So we went. Unfortunately Jizzy was sleeping (or was out for a walk) so he didn't come. When we arrived at my store I gave them all my fan club's t-shirts (www.gunsnroses.gr). So when they got back and Jizzy saw Brent wearing the t-shirt he told me "I want one too...". Thank God my mother is a GN'R maniac (she's been forced to listen to GN'R for the past 17 years, hehehe), so since I knew she was coming to the gig I asked her to bring me another t-shirt for Jizzy. I'm really glad he wore it 2 days later. Brent was wearing it on stage while they were playing here.

After the signing-session Steven met Bun E Carlos (drummer of Cheap Trick) the guy why Steven became a drummer. I heard it was the first time they met and Steven was very happy and emotional about it.

A friend of mine was backstage and he told me that Steven was running behind him cause he REEEEEALLY wanted to get an autograph. I didn't know Carlos was the reason Steven became a drummer. Now it makes sense...

Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2004, 08:33:40 PM »

The new album, name isn't available jet, but it's gonna be a rock-album like rock is meant to be. About 14 songs are gonna be on it, and according to Steven the band's name will stay Adler's Appetite. This album is also gonna be in the stores in the beginning of 2005.

That's good to hear he isnt changing names so he can build up some hype and some fans for his new album.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: