Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:47:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227816 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  slash says sorry, but it was Axl's fault
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: slash says sorry, but it was Axl's fault  (Read 12306 times)
baggio
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« on: June 22, 2004, 04:40:40 AM »

Slash says sorry, but it was Axl's fault

21/06/2004 - 13:22:14

American rocker Slash has apologised to Guns N' Roses fans around the world for letting them down - and blames Axl Rose for the band's demise.

Speaking to the New York Post, Slash, whose new band Velvet Revolver topped the US album charts last week, admits he feels awful about the destruction of Guns N' Roses - and he blames the split on eccentric singer Axl Rose.

Slash says, "I feel bad about all the people who got ripped off by Guns N' Roses. The fans were so f**king great. They embraced us, and a band couldn't have asked for more, and we let them down.

"Nobody involved with Guns wants to blame Axl, but there's no one else to blame. That's a tough one."

http://breakingnews.iol.ie/entertainment/story.asp?j=108327934&p=yx83z864x
SLCPUNK
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2004, 04:46:00 AM »

Well I guess if there is nobody else to blame...which was probably true.....

Look at the new band that no showed....You can't blame it on Slash or any of the other guys then either could ya?

Undecided
SlashFan
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2004, 04:49:21 AM »

I think I read this in another interview about 2 weeks ago,it's say pretty much the same anyway.
Sukie
With Arms Wide Open
Legend

I'm NOT a llama!!!

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2004, 05:08:08 AM »

Yeah...this came from the NY Post article Slash:No Axl to Grind.  If you want to read the full article instead of this little blurb you can find it here on the main site.  I even found you all a link.  The original article is from June 13...so that's why the quotes look so familiar.  

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=1076
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2004, 05:18:19 AM »

I wish Slash would just shut the fuck up - it was Axl's fault the band broke up? What the - he was just about the only one who didn't walk out!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2004, 05:32:13 AM »

Slash is a tool.
Both he and Axl are to blame but slash is much more to blame for a few reasons.
one he left, and two, and slash even admitted in the past that sometimes he did not put 100% effort into the band.
Also it did not help slash was always high or drunk when the band was breaking up. Oh yeah its really Axls fault.

Axls main fault is he is a perfectionist and takes too long to put out an album.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2004, 05:35:54 AM »

He can blame Axl but he sure as hell didnt help by quitting the band hey Roll Eyes

to me it was fully up to Slash if he wanted the old band to stay together(meaning Duff, Matt, Dizzy era) Duff was gonna follow Slash no matter what IMO, he gave it up n' he goes saying this no

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2004, 05:48:22 AM »

This is just fucking idiotic attempt from the magazine to sell more/website to get more hits.

Here's another quote that I think should've also been quoted:
"I would be a total asshole if I didn't put some of the blame on me. But I'm not responsible for the band breaking up. I worked too hard, for too long, trying to keep things together. I don't like to blame Axl either. He seems to be the scapegoat for everything."

And Dave, Izzy whoever who still want's to aruge/talk (I know, that 's a strech) about it. Go to the Dead Horse section. No one with more than 2 brain cells has been interested in the topic for about 5 five years.. It ain't nothing but a bunch of he says she says... It's been forever. Just fucking let go already.

And Dave, Izzy. I know you have more than 2 brain cells. You are not idiots. I hope.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2004, 05:51:29 AM by Skeba » Logged

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2004, 06:21:32 AM »

And Dave, Izzy whoever who still want's to aruge/talk (I know, that 's a strech) about it. Go to the Dead Horse section. No one with more than 2 brain cells has been interested in the topic for about 5 five years.. It ain't nothing but a bunch of he says she says... It's been forever. Just fucking let go already.

And Dave, Izzy. I know you have more than 2 brain cells. You are not idiots. I hope.

Wha?

I didn't start this thread - i think my post conveyed how sick i was of this too, i have lost track of how many times i have said how much i wish Slash would just shut up about GNR and talk about VR instead.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2004, 06:54:14 AM »

Yeah, now that I read it the second time.. My bad.. It's really hot here, and I'm really not paying too much attention to what I write. The whole I wish Slash would just shut the fuck up-thing just got my attention and I got carried away. Again.

It's way too hot. I think I'll go drink some beer so I can make sense out of everything agian.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2004, 07:04:55 AM »

I very rarely post messages on this message board I just like to spend most the day reading it. However I couldn’t not react to the fucking bullshit comments made by Slash in that NY Post article. I know it was posted a couple of weeks ago but it pissed me off even more reading it today cos I’ve got a hangover!!

Seriously Slash fuck you, how the fuck can you blame Axl? He may be hard to work with we all know that (all front men are) and he may be a bit worse than most because (a) he is a fucking genius and (b) hes a perfectionist, but he never ever left the band and shit on fans like Slash, Duff and Matt did. It was them who let down the fans by jumping ship. Axl was moving with the times with his musical direction and he wanted to keep GnR at the top of the musical world, if he had gone with Slash and co’s stuff  they would have died a death because at that stage of the nineties music had changed so much. As Axl stated in 02 or 03 the rest of the old band didn’t want to evolve and play on the big stage anymore. So it was plainly them who let the fans down. At least Axl is still there and in my opinion will release a fucking masterpiece, when it damn well ready!! Yeh of course we are all getting frustrated by the waiting, but when it does come out, oh boy will world music change for the better once again!!!!! I would put a lot of fucking money on it to that he wont have to lower himself to the level that Slash, Duff and Matt have by slating them and how they think the past was to promote the release of Chinese Democracy!! Grow up you washed up pricks!!!! Mike (estranged 33)

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2004, 07:11:38 AM »

this article is bullshit

this is a misquote of slash to make it look like he is talkin shit about axl

the post is fucked!

slash also says some nice things about axl how he isnt all to blame etc and that everyone uses axl as the scapegoat and thats not fair etc and that he has to take some blame also

this is misrepresenting slash and its not cool, cause he didnt bash axl in that article

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2004, 08:18:20 AM »

Ah he's right...axl's to fuckin unpredictable to work with.

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
darkmonth
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2004, 08:40:14 AM »

My mums better than your mum...

no mines better

... my dad's gonna beat your dad up....

Fucking shut it you fuckin peices of shit with no fucking brains.  Yes, all of you.  I'm sick of this.
MIIKA
Headliner

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2004, 02:21:03 PM »

I very rarely post messages on this message board I just like to spend most the day reading it. However I couldn’t not react to the fucking bullshit comments made by Slash in that NY Post article. I know it was posted a couple of weeks ago but it pissed me off even more reading it today cos I’ve got a hangover!!

Seriously Slash fuck you, how the fuck can you blame Axl? He may be hard to work with we all know that (all front men are) and he may be a bit worse than most because (a) he is a fucking genius and (b) hes a perfectionist, but he never ever left the band and shit on fans like Slash, Duff and Matt did. It was them who let down the fans by jumping ship. Axl was moving with the times with his musical direction and he wanted to keep GnR at the top of the musical world, if he had gone with Slash and co’s stuff  they would have died a death because at that stage of the nineties music had changed so much. As Axl stated in 02 or 03 the rest of the old band didn’t want to evolve and play on the big stage anymore. So it was plainly them who let the fans down. At least Axl is still there and in my opinion will release a fucking masterpiece, when it damn well ready!! Yeh of course we are all getting frustrated by the waiting, but when it does come out, oh boy will world music change for the better once again!!!!! I would put a lot of fucking money on it to that he wont have to lower himself to the level that Slash, Duff and Matt have by slating them and how they think the past was to promote the release of Chinese Democracy!! Grow up you washed up pricks!!!! Mike (estranged 33)

I agree 100%
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2004, 03:20:05 PM »

My mums better than your mum...

no mines better

... my dad's gonna beat your dad up....

Fucking shut it you fuckin peices of shit with no fucking brains.  Yes, all of you.  I'm sick of this.

Thanks, that was totally unneccessary, if you want to say that, take it to PMs.

Hm.. I feel there's been some misinterpretation on this one. I don't think that was quite what Slash wanted to convey.
Dizzy
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2004, 06:29:07 PM »

this article is bullshit

this is a misquote of slash to make it look like he is talkin shit about axl

the post is fucked!

slash also says some nice things about axl how he isnt all to blame etc and that everyone uses axl as the scapegoat and thats not fair etc and that he has to take some blame also

this is misrepresenting slash and its not cool, cause he didnt bash axl in that article

Exactly, I am glad somebody else has brains enough to know what is going on here.  The title of this post and the post itself were blatant misrepresentations of the original article and Slash's comments.

A mod needs to delete this bullshit thread, or at least lock it.  Let people look for the ENTIRE article which is around here close by, and read Slash's statements IN CONTEXT.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2004, 06:33:02 PM by Dizzy » Logged
Sukie
With Arms Wide Open
Legend

I'm NOT a llama!!!

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2004, 08:25:28 PM »

First off, it was already pointed out that this little blurb of a piece was taken from a previous interview that Slash did with the New York Post...if you follow the link that was given by Baggio you'll see that it's from an online entertainment site.  

Yes, not all the quotes were used so you don't get the full context of what Slash said.  BUT I ALREADY GAVE A LINK TO THE FULL ARTICLE in reply #3.    Angry  You all just don't pay attention.   Tongue

Here's the link again.  http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=1076
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2004, 04:33:41 AM »

The related text in context...
really doesn't change my opinion of the statements much
Slash IMO contradicts himself and speaks out of 2 sides of his mouth....
or should I say a 'split tongue'  Grin...
which even for a snake lover such as Slash, he admits in the end is "tough".. hehehe

Slash's "Apology"

The fans were so f---ing great.
They embraced us,
and a band couldn't have asked for more,
and we let them down.

Do you blame [lead singer] Axl Rose,
or do you take some of the blame yourself?

I would be a total assh--e if I didn't put some of the blame on me.
But I'm not responsible for the band breaking up.
I worked too hard, for too long, trying to keep things together.
I don't like to blame Axl either.
He seems to be the scapegoat for everything.

So Axl isn't to blame?

Nobody involved with Guns wants to blame Axl,
but there's no one else to blame.
That's a tough one.

PUH-leese don't piss on me about this post
I have said MY OPINION and am not so much as highlighting or repeating anything he said out of order or anything like that.

As is - it speaks for itself.  Take it how you like.  I've stated my 'take' already.
Peace
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: