Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 01:17:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228064 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dave Navarro up for grabs
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dave Navarro up for grabs  (Read 14031 times)
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2004, 02:03:12 AM »

Dave Navarro has a new band already. No matter what you fanboys think he wont be joining Axl Rose's band.

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Axl Adler
Banned
Opening Act

Chinese Democracy

« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2004, 04:53:33 AM »

Dave Navarro has a new band already. No matter what you fanboys think he wont be joining Axl Rose's band.

What the fuck are you talking about,who the hell would want Dave Navarro joining Guns N' Roses,everyone knows that he sucks Tongue
« Last Edit: June 25, 2004, 04:54:46 AM by Axl Adler » Logged

You really think Chinese Democracy will be released,maybe in your next life.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2004, 04:57:49 AM »

Dave doesnt suck, why would Red Hot Chili Peppers, Janes addiction, and GnR all wanted his talent. Hes a very talented guy

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Suskind
Axl's bitch
Headliner

And he will rise tall among these shadows once again...

« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2004, 07:11:51 AM »

I think Dave would make a great asset to GNR, Ive always love him  ok

Live like a suicide?
darkmonth
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2004, 08:21:07 AM »

I agree.  I think Dave is cool and far better for GnR than any of the others.  Not only that but he has a fuckin' hot wife and we would likely see more of her here if Dave was in GnR Cheesy

Hehe

mmmmm.... Carrrrrrrmen......
Captain Obvious
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2004, 11:04:49 AM »

Instead, you choose the safe route by saying he is one of the most influencial. Well that would be very great if it actually had any significance.

Influence is far more significant than whatever point you're trying to convey.

Exactly what point are you trying to make anyway?

Boy George is influencial, Slipknot is influencial, Michael Bolton is influencial. This word gets thrown around so much due to its ambiguity that it practically means nothing.

In your last couple of posts tried to minimize Madonnas relevence on the pop culture scene and deem Slipknot, Michael Bolton and Boy George as influential.

Credibility shot...

My point is that you made Dave Navarro into some sort of god using words like influential, legend, most respected, era, etc. When in reality, none of these deal with his skill, just how the mass public views him. If you think that this is far more
significant than a man's actual musical ability, than we must be on two opposite spectrums.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2004, 03:42:39 PM »

My point is that you made Dave Navarro into some sort of god using words like influential, most respected, era, etc.

I didn't make him into those things, he's had those attributes for quite a long time.

When in reality, none of these deal with his skill, just how the mass public views him. If you think that this is far more significant than a man's actual musical ability..

He's obviously a fine player, his resume and his body of work are impeccable.  His peers hold him in the highest regard and that speaks for itself.

...than we must be on two opposite spectrums.

yes
« Last Edit: June 25, 2004, 05:57:14 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2004, 05:25:11 PM »

What the fuck are you talking about,who the hell would want Dave Navarro joining Guns N' Roses,everyone knows that he sucks Tongue

Dave is cool  Cheesy

He is not currently involved with gnr though
blues_rock_axeman
Rocker

R n' F'n Roller

« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2004, 05:30:59 PM »

Dave Navarro gives me weird vibes.  Nice guy, but something's up.

I agree. Ah well, he's fucking Carmen Electra, so obviously something IS up.  Grin

Shuffle it all... Pack up your life again...
SlashFan
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2004, 02:17:23 AM »

Dave Navarro gives me weird vibes.  Nice guy, but something's up.

I agree. Ah well, he's fucking Carmen Electra, so obviously something IS up.  Grin

:hihi:I think that so funny,great post rofl
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2004, 02:59:33 AM »

He already has a new band. Plus he has camp freddy on the side.

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Layne420
Rocker

« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2004, 09:45:27 AM »

Bring back the one and only Buckethead or Axl shows us on his guitar  ok

When there's no more water left
And no more air in our breath
What will this earth be worth?
Do you want war or peace?
Blood for oil greed
Won't feed, won't the hunger our need

FLOW
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2004, 11:38:58 AM »

Dave doesnt suck, why would Red Hot Chili Peppers, Janes addiction, and GnR all wanted his talent. Hes a very talented guy

yeah thats why the chili's booted his ass out after one cd

i dont want dave in the group to be honest, i like dave he's a cool guy, but not for GNR

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2004, 12:45:19 PM »

Actually, I think Dave left the band because his style of playing doesn't go with the Chilis funk rock ways.  If you listen to how they talk about him you'll hear they hold him high.

Dave's a great player, his stuff on Oh My God was nice too..
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2004, 12:50:38 PM »

i dont want dave in the group to be honest, i like dave he's a cool guy, but not for GNR

they didn't "boot his ass out", he quit to rejoin Jane's Addiction. Flea actually went along with him for a while, touring with Jane's in 97. the relapse tour.

Anthony said something like that he enjoyed working with Dave, he gave the band a completely different sound and stuff, and that it usually takes one or two albums to get into it and start making incredible music when there is a new person in the band.
I personally think that if RHCP had released another album with Dave, it would have been awesome!
but anyways, Im glad he rejoined Jane's, cos there is a certain other guitarplayer that already fits like a glove with the music RHCP are making, and there will never be a better fit for the band than him, John Frusciante, apart from Hillel Slovak maybe... Tongue peace

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2004, 03:55:46 PM »

My point is that you made Dave Navarro into some sort of god using words like influential, legend, most respected, era, etc.

Whatever you thought was being implied is irrelevant, because those words are true.  He is influential, very respected, etc.  Anybody familiar with music over the past 17 years knows this.

When in reality, none of these deal with his skill, just how the mass public views him.

confused

The public views him that way because of his skill.  Read some reviews for Nothing's Shocking.  Better yet, listen to the album.  If you dont like it, whatever, but at least understand its importance and why its seen as a classic.  Axl himself has praised Janes Addiction and Navarro in particular, so theres obviously something there.  If you can listen to his work on the Janes albums and not get it, then thats too bad, and theres nothing more to say.

Captain Obvious
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2004, 09:15:50 PM »

My point is that you made Dave Navarro into some sort of god using words like influential, legend, most respected, era, etc.

Whatever you thought was being implied is irrelevant, because those words are true.  He is influential, very respected, etc.  Anybody familiar with music over the past 17 years knows this.

Ok there buddy, don't make it sound like some common law that every person should be aware of. If you think he's a legend because a handful of people said so, I'm not going to argue with this.

This little gem is obviously a little more than a stretch:
He's probably the most highly respected player of the alterna/modern rock era..

When in reality, none of these deal with his skill, just how the mass public views him.

confused

The public views him that way because of his skill.  Read some reviews for Nothing's Shocking.  Better yet, listen to the album.  

Booker, I feel you didn't even read the rest of the thread. We just had a discussion about this: "skill and influence are hardly synonymous"...something on which Flacon and I both agree on, surprisingly.  If you ask people in the popular music industry today on whether they find Andres Segovias or Django Reinhardt influencial, you would get less positive results than in the case of Navarro, Van Halen or Slash. Now lets ask ourselves...out of those, which ones are the better guitarists?
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2004, 10:28:45 PM »

Ok there buddy, don't make it sound like some common law that every person should be aware of. If you think he's a legend because a handful of people said so, I'm not going to argue with this.

Okay, forget about the "legend" thing (not a word I would use anyway).  Are you really going to argue that hes not respected by many of his peers and critics?  That he and Janes Addiction dont have tons of respect and arent credited with breaking alternative hard rock into the mainstream?

This little gem is obviously a little more than a stretch:
He's probably the most highly respected player of the alterna/modern rock era..

Okay, well name some guitar players from that scene/era that are more respected.  Now youre going to argue that hes not even one of the most respected alternative guitar-players?

Booker, I feel you didn't even read the rest of the thread. We just had a discussion about this: "skill and influence are hardly synonymous"...something on which Flacon and I both agree on, surprisingly.  If you ask people in the popular music industry today on whether they find Andres Segovias or Django Reinhardt influencial, you would get less positive results than in the case of Navarro, Van Halen or Slash. Now lets ask ourselves...out of those, which ones are the better guitarists?

We are talking about rock guitarists right, and who should play for Guns N' Roses?

Better is subjective...Id rather listen to a GNR/Janes Addiction record than a classical guitar record - I guess you feel differently.

I dont get your point - what is it?  That Dave Navarro isnt a skilled guitarist?  That hes not worthy of playing in GNR (despite playing in GNR)?  What is it?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2004, 10:33:26 PM by Booker Floyd » Logged
Captain Obvious
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2004, 11:23:35 PM »

Okay, well name some guitar players from that scene/era that are more respected.  Now youre going to argue that hes not even one of the most respected alternative guitar-players?

The quote exactly said: "He's probably THE most highly respected player..." and yes I am arguing that since it is another generalisation people like to throw around. Some names? Noel Gallagher, Stone Gossard, Jerry Cantrell, John Frusciante, Rich Robinson, Lenny Kravitz and many more.

We are talking about rock guitarists right, and who should play for Guns N' Roses?

Better is subjective...Id rather listen to a GNR/Janes Addiction record than a classical guitar record - I guess you feel differently.

I dont get your point - what is it?  That Dave Navarro isnt a skilled guitarist?  That hes not worthy of playing in GNR (despite playing in GNR)?  What is it?

Im not saying Dave Navarro is a no-talented hack or that he shouldn't play for GnR.  If he did, I wouldn't care. I'm saying people shouldn't make extreme statements and over exaggerated generalisations. I didn't expect this to turn into what it did, so lets leave it at that, we got other things to argue about (like axl's hair)   smoking
badapple81
« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2004, 11:05:26 PM »

I just heard that he and 1 or 2 (?) of the Janes Addiction members are forming a new band ?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: