Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 01:46:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227830 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wimbeldon?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wimbeldon?  (Read 7145 times)
Chris Misfit
« on: June 30, 2004, 06:54:08 AM »

Anyone interested in the Tennis.

I quite enjoy it, and have been following Henman and Greg.

Poor old Greg is out, which is a shame, coz I like the guy.

Henman is playing today, I think, and has looked OK so far. I think the whole of England is just waiting for him to fuck up, but I'll back him.

ROCK ON BABY!
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2004, 07:44:54 AM »

Yeah I like tennis. I used to compete seriously when I was 12-13. I Love the game.

Henman played pretty well against Phillipousis. He hadn't been palying that well until that match though, but he is definitely a strong contendant, at least, to reach the final. He has an easy match today, he should finish it up in three sets to then play the semis against Andy Roddick.I hope Tim does reach the final this year. He's been kicked out 4 times in the semis.

I see Federer way superior than the others though. Not a huge serve, but solid. The best all round game. He shouldn't have too many problems against Leyton Hewitt to day. 4 set win I say.

Although my fav is Federer, I want Henman to win it. I'd be pulling for him in the final. ok

On a side note, did any of you see how hot Phillipousis wife/girlfriend is? During his match against Henman, they showed like 50 shots of her. She's hot, same as Coria's wife...  drool

Chris Misfit
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2004, 10:38:24 AM »

Oh well........ Undecided
WagMyDog
doesn't HATE big boobs
VIP

Tyr's hand...

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2004, 04:29:45 AM »

Henman played pretty well against Phillipousis. He hadn't been palying that well until that match though, but he is definitely a strong contendant, at least, to reach the final. He has an easy match today, he should finish it up in three sets to then play the semis against Andy Roddick.I hope Tim does reach the final this year. He's been kicked out 4 times in the semis.

I see Federer way superior than the others though. Not a huge serve, but solid. The best all round game. He shouldn't have too many problems against Leyton Hewitt to day. 4 set win I say.

Although my fav is Federer, I want Henman to win it. I'd be pulling for him in the final. ok

On a side note, did any of you see how hot Phillipousis wife/girlfriend is? During his match against Henman, they showed like 50 shots of her. She's hot, same as Coria's wife...  drool

Well Henman wasn't kicked out in the Semis ...

What do you think of Mario Ancic? He destroyed Henman. I was previously rooting for Henman, I really thought he would make it this time. But somehow I knew Ancic would beat him, before the first set even began.

Roddick has a killer serve. Although I don't know .. he wasn't spectacular in his game against Schalken(sp?). Or did Schalken just better his game?

I was surprised about Federer's second set against Hewitt. After watching the first set, I woulda figured he'd annihilate Hewitt. The rain gave Hewitt a bit of a break.

Still, Federer really came back ... that third set was a KILLER!

On that side note, I think MarkP's girlfriend's name is Delta Goodrem ... She's a singer. I vaguely remember her in a video, but she was blonde and had long golden locks ... so I dunno ... I haven't seen Coria's wife.

@ Chris ... Do you really think the whole of England was waiting for him to fuck up? I thought they all supported him ...

(Unless you meant, they expected him to .. )

No.
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2004, 09:29:01 AM »

Well Henman wasn't kicked out in the Semis ...

I know, I didn't get to watch the game, but a few hours after I posted Henman was gonna have an easy match, I read he got beaten in three sets Shocked

What do you think of Mario Ancic? He destroyed Henman. I was previously rooting for Henman, I really thought he would make it this time. But somehow I knew Ancic would beat him, before the first set even began.

He is good, I think Goran Ivanisevic is helping him out. Not as a coach, but he is definitely in his camp. He is tall and has a good serve. He kinda reminds me of Goran, good baseline strokes, fast...we'll see if he's got a better brain than Goran.

Roddick has a killer serve. Although I don't know .. he wasn't spectacular in his game against Schalken(sp?). Or did Schalken just better his game?

Schalken has always been there. He's upseted high up seeds before. I think he played a Grand Slam final not too long ago. I think it was US or Australian Open. Anyway, Roddic has now even said he's got respect for Ancic, we'll see how that goes.

I was surprised about Federer's second set against Hewitt. After watching the first set, I woulda figured he'd annihilate Hewitt. The rain gave Hewitt a bit of a break.

Yeah, maybe ther rain or simply because a player can't keep up playing the way Federer did the entire match. The first set was almost flawless for him. I don't think not even Pete Sampras ( on his prime) would have beaten federer yesterday.

On that side note, I think MarkP's girlfriend's name is Delta Goodrem ... She's a singer. I vaguely remember her in a video, but she was blonde and had long golden locks ... so I dunno ... I haven't seen Coria's wife.

Cool to know...Coria's wife is a ninenteen brunette beauty.

Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2004, 10:35:36 AM »

Delta Goodrem ... She's a singer and was in neighbours (Australian soap). Personally I thought she was even hotter when she had blonde hair.  drool

Ancic was good but his game is nowhere near brilliant. He's still young but could be one of the best in a couple of years.

It also has to be said that Tim played like a muppet. I think my grandmother could have dealt with him. So many errors and so little energy.

I'm watching Sharapova right now.  drool drool drool
She's over 6 foot and has long legs and perfect skin  drool drool drool
Oh God......  love

@#$%Muther
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2004, 03:50:24 PM »

whats up with all the reversed calls?

serena williams match today was awesome today, very hard fought competitive match

i can only pray that andy roddick meets federer in the finals, that will kick ass!

i laugh at the whole Venus williams got ripped off bullshit

she still have 2 or 3 match points after the scoring error

shouldnt need 2 or 3 match points and if u blow those u dont deserve to win anyway

ive been seeing alot of bad calls though, a ton of replayed points, i wish they judges would get the shit right, its aggravating

Roddick and serena gonna  make it an all american wimbledon sweep! cant wait to watch!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2004, 05:39:57 PM »

Yeah, yeah D. Your American buddies will get stuffed by Sarapova and Federer.  Wink  Grin

Fuckin right about the calls. I've seen a number on important points where a player has landed it on the base line and it's called out, then reversed. Problem is, this means the point is replayed when the opponent was close and several times screwed the player who originally should have got the point. I've never seen this many either.

@#$%Muther
badapple81
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2004, 07:21:32 PM »

On a side note, did any of you see how hot Phillipousis wife/girlfriend is? During his match against Henman, they showed like 50 shots of her.

Yep her name is Delta Goodrem and she's Australia's biggest female artist, she won all the australian music awards last year, I think she is known in the UK too, she also used to be on Neighbours and is coming back on soon for a bit of a finale.

The reason she left and the reason she has the short brown hair now is because she is recovering from cancer.

Mark Phillipousos has no idea whatsoever.

Lleyton Hewitt was world #1 and won a couple of grand slams but that was when the previous generation (Sampras, Agassi etc) were just about gone, and the next generation such as Roddick etc. were just coming through.. he had a nice little run there.. I dont know if he can really win another grand slam title again.. maybe he'll prove me wrong.

Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2004, 10:27:30 PM »

The reason she left and the reason she has the short brown hair now is because she is recovering from cancer.

Really? All the best to her then...

Lleyton Hewitt was world #1 and won a couple of grand slams but that was when the previous generation (Sampras, Agassi etc) were just about gone, and the next generation such as Roddick etc. were just coming through.. he had a nice little run there.. I dont know if he can really win another grand slam title again.. maybe he'll prove me wrong.

Hewitt is the biggest fighter there is these days though. If only attitude mattered, he would win every match. He's got that edge over the rest of the players. While he is not the most talented guy around, he's got the best brain for the game. Obnoxious little guy, but I like him. In his match against Carlos Moya, Leyton won the key points and always outperformed Moya. Moya is more talented, but Leyton beat him right before the match began. Carlos doesn't always has the right frame of mind to compete against top players.

badapple81
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2004, 10:39:43 PM »

Ive seen Hewitt play live many times.. and its awesome.. the guy isnt the most technically gifted player.. but the way he scrambles and gets to the shots and can get them back is amazing.

Phillipousis is an embarassment to Australia, more so than our soccer team  Grin

John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2004, 03:15:06 AM »

I wished that Hewitt would have taken that match. He never give it up, he runs, he growls..he do  anything that what it takes to win. but this time Federer was too good..again..damn he's talented player.

and good match from Sarapova. She showed her heart for turning the game for her benefit. I was quite sure that she wouldn't make it after the first period.

my predictions are that Serena is the champ this year for three times a row..but Andy (if he gets it to the finals) will lost agains federer (I believe he will make it to the finals)..I mean Andy's strenght is his pass, without it he is in trouble.  
Dot
Cute and sweet
Banned
Legend

please come back (to the band of hacks)

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2004, 11:38:14 AM »

2 things: Henman is destined to never win anything..he?s the Spain in the world of tennis.

Mrs. Cutie Pie Sharapova got her first grand slam, really excited for her Grin

Rock N? Roll is the answer!!!
WagMyDog
doesn't HATE big boobs
VIP

Tyr's hand...

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2004, 04:48:14 PM »

2 things: Henman is destined to never win anything..he?s the Spain in the world of tennis.

1st ... I believe so ... sadly.

2nd. ... MRS?

Well ... the final should be interesting ...

I'm rooting for Federer ... but I won't deny that Roddick's good.

No.
Dot
Cute and sweet
Banned
Legend

please come back (to the band of hacks)

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2004, 09:06:55 PM »

2nd. ... MRS?

That?s just how I hear they refer to the players, no matter how young they are.

Rock N? Roll is the answer!!!
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2004, 11:30:40 AM »

damn that weather of England. Roddick playing is very good. His serve is strong and it makes Federer's playing difficult..hard to say which one will take the game. I hope for Federer 'cause his playing is more versatile. Roddick lives only 'cause of his strong serve..but good playing from him this far! all the credit for him!!
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2004, 01:16:37 PM »

That will change in 2006 when Spain wins the World Cup and Henman becomes the Wimbledon champ.

Federer just won the tournament. No mystery there. Roddick had a couple of chances in the third set but blew them away. I don't think Federer played that well, he just took the crucial points.

Ferrero will win the US open though  Tongue
GNR - CROATIA
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2005, 10:34:42 PM »

Federer versus the world - Federer wins.
Federer thing is getting kinda boring.
Unless,  he goes to Paris and journalist ask him, 'what do you think of Notre Dame?'.
Federer - 'They play great rugby!'.
London on the day of the Wim.  finals and Live aid.
'What do you think of Bob Geldof and Live aid 8?'.
Federer - 'I just heard of the event yesterday.  Sorry,  I don't know the guy.'.
What planet does he live?
Federer planet?
Miss-Aussie
Rocker

Rock N Roll Will Set U Free

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2005, 11:12:00 PM »

Yeah it's a good movie... Tenis right Huh

Live it, Love it, Cherish it, for Rock And Roll is the key to life
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: