Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 04:16:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227828 Posts in 43249 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Izzy Best GnR guitarist EVER
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Izzy Best GnR guitarist EVER  (Read 14213 times)
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2004, 07:30:28 AM »

He also made a record with slash and duff a while back that was meant to be sold over the internet. I wonder what happened to that..
Really I've never heard anything about this, when was this rumor or cd talked about? pre 2002?

http://snakepit.org/0102news.html

It's in there...

"SLASH says he is working with Izzy to finish up the album. SLASH gave us more information on that project. He says that he, SLASH, wrote 3 of the songs and did guitar work on the whole album. Duff came in and laid down the bass. Izzy does the singing and also plays guitar. SLASH says it is just about ready to go. Izzy is not into heavy promotion, so you may not see much about it. It will be for sale on the internet. SLASH says don't think of it as the next GNR or Snakepit album...it is not in that style. As soon as we know more about sale dates, we'll let you know! "
izzy07
Opening Act

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2004, 05:20:22 AM »

Izzy is the best ok Great songwriter,great guitarist,good singer(at least he has a cool voice Cool) and damn cool guy!!

keep on shufflin
blues_rock_axeman
Rocker

R n' F'n Roller

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2004, 05:51:47 PM »

Izzy was Guns' pioneer, the guy with the vision.

To add to that, he's stayed true to who he is all the way through, regardless, and in this musical and social climate I have the ultimate respect for that.

And he's a good guitarist n songwriter too!  Cheesy

Shuffle it all... Pack up your life again...
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2004, 07:25:39 PM »

I know most people recognize Izzy for his song writing ability but I always dug his voice alot too. Not saying he has a ton of range or anything just has a cool sound to it. Real bluesy even pre-solo stuff.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2004, 07:54:27 PM »

I like them all as picks for GN'R besides Paul Tobias (really never got in to that guy).  I'd have to go with BUCKETHEAD.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2004, 09:58:48 PM »

grogmug, try to stick to the topic. It's about izzy, not 'who's your favourite GN'R guitarist'
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2004, 11:16:18 PM »

One thing about Izzy is I don't know how anyone could have a bad word to say about him. Sure he left the group which sucks but it seems for justifiable reasons. I am gonna have to say I prefer Slash overall tho to Izzy. LOVE Izzy's solo work and song writing ability but lest you forget Slash wrote some pretty awesome riffs (wttj, scom) and is a much better player than Izzy.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
Eugene Klein
Rocker

--Powder on wound--

« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2004, 04:46:19 PM »

without Izzy there would be no GNR!
Well said!? ok

http://snakepit.org/0102news.html

It's in there...

"SLASH says he is working with Izzy to finish up the album. SLASH gave us more information on that project. He says that he, SLASH, wrote 3 of the songs and did guitar work on the whole album. Duff came in and laid down the bass. Izzy does the singing and also plays guitar. SLASH says it is just about ready to go. Izzy is not into heavy promotion, so you may not see much about it. It will be for sale on the internet. SLASH says don't think of it as the next GNR or Snakepit album...it is not in that style. As soon as we know more about sale dates, we'll let you know! "

Sounds like he's referring to "Like A Dog" , the album that hasn't been released yet.
Besides there are ten songs Izzy worked with the Project before Scott came in and a couple of tracks he recorded with Steven Adler this year(which includes The Contours' Do You Love Me).

??\\\ G.A.S. ///??
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2004, 05:48:53 AM »

That project is not Like A Dog, it's an EP that was recorded in Nov 2001

Like A Dog was recorded in the beginning of 2003, it was mastered in at the end of May

The ten songs he did with VR are not on LAD

Also a few months ago he has recorded a few songs with Adler, he might release those. Maybe he'll be guesting on the Adler's Appetite album aswell
Eugene Klein
Rocker

--Powder on wound--

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2004, 12:20:44 AM »

The ten songs he did with VR are not on LAD
Yeah i'm aware of that, i call The Project  to pre - VR.
But i didn't remember a thing about the EP.

God there's a lot of unreleased stuff:

EP
Like A Dog
10 songs with The Project
Steven Adler

??\\\ G.A.S. ///??
IzzyDutch
VIP

« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2004, 06:20:34 AM »

Yeah, he said that the two things he likes the most is writing songs and travelling

He was asked why with the Ju Ju Hounds didn't play any GN'R stuff and he said that those songs where ancient, like from '85 and that it's much more exciting writing and playing new stuff
« Last Edit: September 18, 2004, 06:27:21 AM by IzzyDutch » Logged
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2004, 07:39:10 PM »

Izzy has a gift for writing amazing lyrics. hes a great guitarist, perhaps not as good as slash, but still is a great musician. slash, althought he's known for his guitar work, also wrote great lyrics. their both good in their own division, but u will all agree with me together they kick ass.

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
Sean is bored
Opening Act

« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2004, 06:23:28 PM »

I agree, Izzy was a kick ass songwriter, and his lack of being there really shows on the VR record, lyrically.

What's the point in drinking if you're going to be responsible about it?
IzzyDutch
VIP

« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2004, 11:39:32 AM »

Not only lyrically, musically aswell imo
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2004, 03:42:41 PM »

I love Izzy's work. He's one of the best songwriters of all time. His solo albums are amazing. 'Ride On' is his masterpiece, IMHO. In a perfect world, it would be on Rolling Stones top 500 albums of all-time. Oh well.

It's kind of sad that no one has really heard his solo work, outside of the die-hards. And it's a pain in the ass to pay 30 dollars to have to get it, via Amazon.

Hells yeah, man!  I decided to download some Izzy solo stuff today, and "Ride On" just grabbed me by the balls as soon as I heard it.  What a great driving song.  It's a song that would have been all over classic rock radio if people cared enough to give Izzy a chance.  Doesn't really matter, though - Izzy's always been more happy out of the spotlight anyway.

If Axl is the rock god I want to be, Izzy is the rock star I could be.  Izzy has a voice kind of like mine, and we both tend to focus more on rhythm guitar than lead.  Finally, he's an amazing songwriter, and that's always been perhaps my main area of interest in music.  So he's very influential on my musicianship.  To me, Izzy represents making the music you want and not giving a damn what anybody thinks.  His solo albums are great, but they don't get a lot of attention - and he doesn't give a shit.  He's totally in it for the music.  There's a certain purity to that.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: