Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 06:13:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Behind The Music: GN'R (post your comments here)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Behind The Music: GN'R (post your comments here)  (Read 82035 times)
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #180 on: July 29, 2004, 02:30:23 AM »

didnt dave navarro film a testimonial regarding playing on Oh My God?

There was no mention of OH MY GOD anywhere to be found to my knowledge.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #181 on: July 29, 2004, 11:03:20 AM »

I thought it was ok lots of Axl bashing I c yeah Dave didn't mention Oh My God but it was very one sided it could have been better it would have been nice if they asked Dizzy to contribute

EEEERRRR Little boy
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #182 on: July 29, 2004, 05:51:27 PM »

I think matt summed it all up when he talked about how axl became when it was time to record new material in 1994.. It's rock n roll not brain surgery.. He sat there trying to do some 72 piece set.. It was axl's band and what he wanted, not suprised everyone left, the band became a one man show.. Undecided
SLCPUNK
« Reply #183 on: July 30, 2004, 01:03:45 AM »

I still haven't seen the damn thing..... hihi
madagas
« Reply #184 on: July 30, 2004, 11:04:48 AM »

Easily the best comments on the show were Slash talking about Axl's new Gnr.."Some people would say that this is sacrilege...but he (Axl) doesn't give a hot fuck." And Gilby on waiting for Axl to show up for a concert. " by the time he showed up, we were hammered!" rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #185 on: July 30, 2004, 12:06:10 PM »

I think matt summed it all up when he talked about how axl became when it was time to record new material in 1994.. It's rock n roll not brain surgery.. He sat there trying to do some 72 piece set.. It was axl's band and what he wanted, not suprised everyone left, the band became a one man show.. Undecided
Matt sounded like an Ass on that show. Talking how "I thought I was gonna join the best fucking rocking band on earth, what the fuck is up with the piano" He wanted to jump aboard a cool band that has already made it big all over the world and HE'S pissed because Axl wants to do songs like November Rain? He should of been happy to be invited to the GnR camp

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
gnr1967
Rocker

One person's morality is another person's nonsense

« Reply #186 on: August 01, 2004, 06:22:21 PM »

Matt sounded like an Ass on that show. Talking how "I thought I was gonna join the best fucking rocking band on earth, what the fuck is up with the piano" He wanted to jump aboard a cool band that has already made it big all over the world and HE'S pissed because Axl wants to do songs like November Rain? He should of been happy to be invited to the GnR camp

I kind of agree with you.? Although I still enjoy the original AFD-style music the best, I can't see how he can complain about being on the Illusion records.? Just because GNR has some piano in it doesn't mean that it's not a kick-ass band.? The fact that GNR diversified their music is one reason that they have transcended all those "hair bands" from the '80s.? Nevertheless, I think Matt probably has a strange sense of humor...I doubt he was trying to be a dick.?
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #187 on: August 02, 2004, 11:53:27 PM »

I think Matt probably has a strange sense of humor...I doubt he was trying to be a dick.?
I don't know from the interviews he's done post GnR he has made it very clear he isnt an Axl fan.  He even went in looking to get fired from GnR by Axl. I think Matt can be a real dick from his interviews and quotes

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #188 on: August 11, 2004, 10:33:23 PM »

And Gilby on waiting for Axl to show up for a concert. " by the time he showed up, we were hammered!" rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

hihi hihi  That's the line that I remembered most from that.  hihi

The footage brought back a lot of great memories!  peace

Why don't you just....
anythinggoes
« Reply #189 on: August 13, 2004, 06:18:13 PM »

Steve Adler looked a fucking mess i enjoyed it but learnt nothing new nothing about the REAL reason Adler was fired and i would liked to of seen more about 2001 onwards they didnt even mention the new guys names and i dont remember Dizzy getting a mention even though he is now the longest standing member. It still stated that CD is slated for a November 2004 release on Ul version
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #190 on: August 13, 2004, 07:53:26 PM »

Matt's initial reaction towards November Rain isn't a new thing. He talked about it as far as back in 1996, being still in the band:
You know, the first time I heard November Rain, I thought: "What is this shit?, What does Axl is doing behind the piano? I want rock!" But I was new in GNR and I thought "Matt, you leave The Cult and now you're in the greatest hard rock band of the world?" He sat at the piano and I was thinking "This is shit". Then the song came out, and it's the biggest thing we've aver done! That's why I have this attitude: "OK Axl, you think we should do that? I'm with you". You know what I mean?

He was a very strong Axl-supporter in interviews at the time, in 94-96, up to the point of mentioning turning down an offer from Slash to tour with Snakepit. He said he felt it would compromise the current GNR situation and how he had more faith in the album they were making than in It's Five O'Clock Somewhere.

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
Rohlm
Opening Act

« Reply #191 on: August 13, 2004, 08:00:38 PM »

"Some people would say that this is sacrilege...but he (Axl) doesn't give a hot fuck."
That was my favorite part of the show.
mulanrouge
Opening Act

« Reply #192 on: August 15, 2004, 04:10:25 PM »

Nice show

except Axl, Duff and Izzy were not interviewed

i think i watched every episode for about 2 weeks?  ok

DazRose85
Rocker

Devon, England, UK

« Reply #193 on: August 16, 2004, 01:37:27 PM »

I enjoyed it quite a bit, and thought it was a good basic hisotry overview. Yes of course they could of gone into more detail, but for 40mins they did well. I thought Slash came across very well, and was suprised why Duff refused to take part.

Regarding the Hollywood Rose footage... did anyone notice at the end where it said "Footage From" (or words to those effect) Cleopatra Records? Does this mean they have all material pertaining to HR?

"You've gotta choice in life... rock n' roll or classical" - Axl

11/06/06 - Download Festival, Donington
30/07/06 - Wembley Arena, London
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #194 on: August 17, 2004, 12:28:05 PM »

does anyone know where i can find the pictures they used of axl during the 2002 tour in the BTM?? those were some kickass pictures..

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
DazRose85
Rocker

Devon, England, UK

« Reply #195 on: August 17, 2004, 12:32:48 PM »

does anyone know where i can find the pictures they used of axl during the 2002 tour in the BTM?? those were some kickass pictures..

lol! I was just about to ask the same question! Well, more specifically can someone take screen captures from the programme of the pictures?

"You've gotta choice in life... rock n' roll or classical" - Axl

11/06/06 - Download Festival, Donington
30/07/06 - Wembley Arena, London
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #196 on: August 17, 2004, 12:38:29 PM »

lol! I was just about to ask the same question! Well, more specifically can someone take screen captures from the programme of the pictures?

i could've but i didnt think of it at the time..  crying

well i couldnt really take a screen capture.. i'd just take a picture of the tv w/ a cam..  Tongue

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
SLCPUNK
« Reply #197 on: August 17, 2004, 01:15:38 PM »

Finally saw it today (along with the a-z show). I did not see the part where they said his new album was coming out in November. Was this at the end of the show or the begining?

Show was good. I wonder how much shit they had, I bet it could have been a 5 hour show if they wanted. It made Axl look like the bad guy with all his craziness. But if the shoe fits..... hihi

The a-z might not be good for some of the uptight fans on this board who get easily worked up. It was fun and poked fun at the band in a good way. But some people here might get mad and throw a tv out the window.... hihi
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #198 on: August 17, 2004, 01:35:33 PM »

Finally saw it today (along with the a-z show). I did not see the part where they said his new album was coming out in November. Was this at the end of the show or the begining?

Show was good. I wonder how much shit they had, I bet it could have been a 5 hour show if they wanted. It made Axl look like the bad guy with all his craziness. But if the shoe fits..... hihi

The a-z might not be good for some of the uptight fans on this board who get easily worked up. It was fun and poked fun at the band in a good way. But some people here might get mad and throw a tv out the window.... hihi

i totally agree with you.. and i missed the november release date the first 2 times i saw the show.. it was at the end.. it took up 3 whole seconds of the show  hihi

axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #199 on: August 17, 2004, 01:45:23 PM »

I thought it was a good show but could have been 3 hours long, so much went on with GnR in such a short space of time!

That's a hatrick for Doull
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: