Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:10:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The REAL reasons for the delay of Chinese Democracy??
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The REAL reasons for the delay of Chinese Democracy??  (Read 3467 times)
GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« on: July 04, 2004, 08:15:47 PM »

Right, I realise this is my first post on the board so I quickly want to introduce myself and say a little about myself. I am a GNR fan who lives in the UK and have been a fan of the band since about 89 which was when I first bought AFD on cassette! I've been a fan of them ever since, following them over the years, witnessing the release of the UYI albums and The Spaghetti Incident, unfortunately there wasn't much to follow between 94 and 2000 but I never lost interest with the band or their amazing music.
What I want to talk about in my first post is the reason for the constant delays of Chinese Democracy, I realise this is a topic that has probably been disussed many times on this board but I have only been viewing the board for a couple of months (But i've been checking the news page almost daily for the last 3 years!).
As we all know AXL is and has always been something of a perfectionist when it comes to his music, but the pressure on him for delivering the goods with this album is even more so because of all the eyes on him (Ex band mates, the media, fans) and it's many years in the making, he knows if the album comes out anything less than perfect he could be considered a joke. I believe that Axl was testing the water with the release of Oh My God and the short tour to see how much interest he would get from the fans and wether he could gain interest from new fans. Did he succeed in doing this?? I'm not too sure, I think Oh My God was slated a little and the tour failed to sell out a lot of venues. I think that is what has frightened Axl and is potentially the reason for the hold up of the album, I truly believe if Oh My God and the tour had have been a roaring success we would have seen Chinese Democracy by now. I hate to be pessimistic also but I find it highly unlikely that the album will come out this year, would Axl release the album with no tour?? Will he tour without a replacement for Buckethead? VH1 saying November get's me very excited but as others have said we've felt like this previous years and have been let down.
I want to end the post by saying I have been waiting for Chinese Democracy for many years like the rest of you and have no doubts in my mind that it will live up to our expetations and be amazing, my point is does Axl have doubts in HIS mind?? If he does, he may never stop tweaking this album and it may never come out  nervous The new songs ARE amazing!I was a little shocked by Oh My God at first but it really grew on me and I love it. Madagascar is among my fav GNR songs ever and I haven't even heard a studio version of it, it has that hairs standing up on the neck effect that Estranged had for me when I first heard it all those years ago! Silkworms kind of sucked but hell so did My World and the UYI albums were still amazing!
Please feel free to leave feedback to this post, thats what its for, and I apologise if I have stated things that have been posted here before as it is my first post.

BRING ON CHINESE DEMOCRACY!!

'This is just a horrible divorce, now he (Axl) is looking for a new wife.  His ex wife, Duff and Slash, are remarried and happy' - Smoking Guns on the break up of the original GNR.
Evolution
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2004, 09:21:45 PM »

i think you have a decent point that we could have CD if the tour was a massive success. i think maybe the VMA magic is what keeps him going
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2004, 07:49:13 AM »

Very good post dude decent way to start your time here on the board, big improvement from the one post bullshit wonders ok  You make good points yes they've been made before but who cares?  I agree if Oh My God had been made out to be some great song and everyone had loved e.g. if it had been the next Sweet Child O'Mine then we would definately of seen the album.  Thing is though i think most of the stuff received is negative fans who like the new stuff like the old stuff which kind of means no new fans.  There are though fans who like the old stuff and old band who want nothing to do with this band 'pretending' to be GN'R.  That's not my view but it's the view of many people.  Axl falling out w/ Slash & Co. will have lost a number of fans as to have the delays.  Fact is it depends on Axl's POV.  Give him a glass of water which has been drunk from, would he say it was half empty? or half full? would he be positive or negative?  If you get what im saying there are good and bad sides to everything but if he just looks at the bad then the album will be continuely tweaked.  Bad = Oh My God poorly received, Many think the new line up is a joke, They aren't the real GN'R, The tour was a complete flop, Buckethead has left.  Good = New songs like Madagascar & The Blues amazing (does he realise?), New band always remaining positive and upbeat in interviews seem loyal, look to have bonded well e.g. Axl & Stinson on stage RIR3, Kurt Loder still gives good reviews to them, People who've come in the studio such as Brian May were also positive about the new stuff, Plenty of songs ready for many albums

Now like i said there is good and bad aspects just depends which he lets affect him more
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2004, 02:13:23 AM »

I think it is, he is scared of failure. He's got to realize the Rock world has changed, and he isnt gonna have huge midnight lines waiting for hit album.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2004, 11:23:51 AM »

Axl also has to realize....just like Alice cooper said..its sad but he could put out his best album ever and it still wouldnt sell like it should or wont get played on the radio because of the top 150 or whatever

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2004, 02:01:43 AM »

I can't see this album failing to huge amounts as long as it's a good piece of music.  GnR has one of the biggest followings of diehards out there, they have legions of fans from multiple generations.  If the album is good, it's going to fly off the shelves.  The label is going to promote it heavily.  The only way I can see it failing is if it isn't very good.  But back to the original point, yes I agree.  Axl has a huge ego and has always seemed to be very concerned with what other people think about him.  I think he's very afraid of releasing an imperfect album and the backlash he would face in doing so.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: