Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 03:45:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227796 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  I just came home from another Buckethead concert in Chicago
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I just came home from another Buckethead concert in Chicago  (Read 5556 times)
Annie
« on: July 17, 2004, 03:08:53 AM »

:crying:Well I just came home from another Buckethead concert that turned out to be a nightmare. Things started off well, I met some really nice people, a couple of guys remembered me from past concerts, even Buckethead's guitar tech remembered me. I was in the front row, buckethead was putting on an amazing show and he seemed to be looking out at me through the mask. Buckethead started handing out toys and these REALLY OBNOXIOUS guys started rushing the stage and turning the place into a mosh pit and I they hurt me so much, Iam 5 feet tall and 92 pounds, that I think I sprained my shoulder, i am in tears right now from the psychological trauma. Fortunately the bouncer got me out of the front row, and one guy who remembered me said he would make sure that Buckethead got my gift of the Tamala 2010 DVD. I had to get out of there so i missed the end of the show. Brain's drumming was amazing. I will always be grateful to Buckethead for being so nice to me in Las Vegas and giving my gift to Axl.but I will never attend one of his concerts again without a bodyguard.
Annie
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2004, 04:05:04 AM »

Now that I have calmed down a little, I have new found compassion and understanding for why Axl left the stage at the St Louis concert. as much as i wanted to stay and give Buckethead my gift, I had to get out of there. I was lucky enought to have the security person treat me with kindness and respect, so much s that I am going to write a thankyou note to the management of thr Double Door. ok
Oni B.
Opening Act

It is hard being evil.

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2004, 04:24:30 AM »

Sorry about the mosh thing, at least you weren't at a metal or punk concerts those get dangerous, really dangerous and there always are a few jerks that try to rush the stage.

But that's awesome that Buckethead got your dvd. He might repay you by giving you some backstage tickets next time.  ok

I'm on the nightrain. Bottoms up. I'm on the nightrain. Fill my cup. I'm on the nightrain.

Ready to crash and burn. I never learn..
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2004, 06:00:48 AM »

oh come on ! mosh pit's fun !!
you should have pushed and kicked everybody too !!!

i heard that celine dion's concerts are kinda calm, and you can go there without body guard   Grin
(just teasing)

but i can't see how you can mosh (POGO!) on buckethead music ....  Grin

noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2004, 07:00:20 AM »

That was a 21+ show right?  They were probably drunk...just curious, how big is that place anyway...the Figgs played there last April...
That's a shame about your shoulder Undecided
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2004, 07:20:54 AM »

Annie, I can't beleave they would act that way at a bucket show. So sorry you had such a rough time. Don't let that discourage you from going to shows. It's rare that it would happen, at thoughts types of shows. We got pushed around really bad at The Joint the first night. and the guards didn't do anything. Gets a little scary, I know I am only 5'3.
Now I wish I would have gone to see Bucket, In Madison WI. I changed my mind at the last minute. That was the week Bucket left, gnr.
Keep rockin girl!

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
Caligula13
Banned
Rocker

i am near the exit

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2004, 09:57:04 AM »

Don't give Up, Annie! Smiley
Annie
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2004, 02:28:56 PM »

Caligula, I didn't take any pictures. I am feeling a little better today. I must admit I felt alot safer at the Madonna concert.  I just hope buckethead gets his gift because it was a little bit expensive. Undecided I really still marvel at how I was in the front row in vegas at the Joint without getting injured.  People were alot nicer a the other Buckethead concert at the Park west last April.
Yourmother
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2004, 06:09:31 AM »

the double door was as hot as a sauna inside too
Caligula13
Banned
Rocker

i am near the exit

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2004, 11:11:00 AM »

i just read at BHland what gift you bought him. it sounds cool.

i hope he got it. you can email at Bhland to hear if he receaved it.
Annie
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2004, 11:53:00 AM »

It really was a cool gift. I had a card with a chicken wearing scuba gear on top of a boiling hot pot of chicken soup, and i wrote another note all about Tamala and that i hoped Bucket had a good time in Japan and that his GNR fans want him back. Tamala is totally cool. I have watched my DVD 3 times. There are some really deep messages. There is one line that makes me think of axl and the new Gnr. They were talking about the Minervan cult and their Appetite for Destruction and Rebirth. Rebirth is all about Axl right now, and it will Happen! You can do a web search for Tamala 2010 and they have cool reviews, especially at destroy all monsters. I am still really sore today. this whole experience gave me even more compassion for the victims and survivors of the Station Fire. peace
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: