Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:04:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  GNR SLANE 1992
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR SLANE 1992  (Read 2494 times)
hynzie
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« on: July 22, 2004, 05:51:30 PM »

Was anyone here at the show at slane Ireland in 1992?
If so was it any good?
Hellraiser Fraser
Headliner

what we have here ...

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2004, 07:27:14 PM »

Yes, I was there and the t shirt is still just about wearable!

What a concert, the atmosphere was fantastic and there was loads of crazy stuff going on whilst we awaited the band finally taking the stage. I will always remember that concert...as you no doubt know Slane Castle is a unique venue and the night before the place was really rocking. The best moments were when the crowd joined arms in massive armies during some of the songs and we were running back and forward into each other whilst axl and co went ballistic on stage....it was pretty wild, Ive never seen a concert like it....despite being pretty dangerous on the ground during those charges the atmosphere was a1. Other highlights were when the sky disappeared under a barrage of coke cartons in the air and the 4 high people pyramids which collapsed regularily due to the mayhem. A video of that concert would be gold dust!!
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2004, 07:26:55 PM »

05.16.92 - Slane Castle, Slane, Ireland
opening acts: Soundgarden, Faith No More
set: Nightrain, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Bad Obsession, Don't Cry, Double Talkin' Jive, Civil War, Wild Horses [Intro] / Patience, Attitude, Welcome To The Jungle, It's Alright [Intro] / November Rain, You Could Be Mine, Drum Solo, Guitar Solo, Godfather Theme, One [Intro] / Sweet Child O' Mine, Only Women Bleed [Intro] / Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Paradise City
attendance: 50,000
audio/video recording?: video [incomplete]
notes: Before the show, U2 sent a case of Irish whiskey to the band as a welcoming gift. Before 'Live And Let Die,' Axl says the band originally wanted to do the 'Paradise City' video in Ireland. Before 'Don't Cry,' Slash says, "Playing in the fuckin' sunlight, that's a change!" This is the first documented performance of 'It's Alright' as an intro to 'November Rain.' Axl sings U2's 'One' as an intro to 'Sweet Child O' Mine,' a song that he wanted GN'R to perform completely on tour.
source: http://www.gnrontour.com/

Well, there you go Wink Track down someone that has it.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: