Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:55:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  // MOVIES you want us to see.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: // MOVIES you want us to see.  (Read 4933 times)
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« on: July 27, 2004, 10:47:24 AM »

alright.
lets all give the moveis title that you'd like people to see.
i'm talking about matrix, spiderman , fight club , donnie darko or any big famous movies.
i'm talking about real movies.
i start

1 - THE 7 SAMURAI (by Kurosawa - 1954)
* 3h10 mins of pue genius. this movie has it all : action, love, jokes, epic, graphic poetry ... this is like the BEST movie ever. and fortunatly (or not) this movie made me realize that 99% of the movies that came out in the past 7 years were shit.

2 - LE MEPRIS ( by Godard - 1963)
* again. genius. in 63 godard made what tarantino still dream to do.
Brigitte bardot is amazing, the story is "real" , and the shots, the way it's filmed (the ' lamp discussion ' scene ), the great the translator girl idea ... everything is great about this movie, i've seen it 4 times in 2 weeks. my favorite movie ever maybe.

3 - A BOUT DE SOUFFLE (by Godard - 1959)
* well. a little bit experimental, but that acting is great and JL Godard tried amazing stuff on this movie, like the scene in the car, where all the blanks in the discussion are cut .... and off course, the streets of paris are so pretty ....

4 - KIKUJIRO'S SUMMER (takeshi kitano)
* funny masterpiece. story of a kid that has to go see his mother at the beach, he is helped by a "nice" yakuza during his journey .... great Kitano's work.

5 - the 25th Hour (spike lee)
* alright, i know this movie is famous, but for a recent american movie, this is a good one, so i hope people saw it .... amazing ambiance and acting. edward norton and his 2 friends stand up so much.

what are your choices ?

KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2004, 01:45:47 PM »

FUBAR (2002) Fake documentary of the lives of 2 Headbangers approaching 40 years old - hilarious

Dolemite - (197?) Rudy Ray Moore... Horribly bad movie that is so funny because of it's low buget and screwed up plot.  Ex-pimp, Disco Owner freed from jail on racketeering charges to fight crime for the FBI.  After his release he seems to forget about this and gets his army of karate trained hookers to help him get his disco back. Poor acting, horrible karate scenes.

Heathers (198?) Christian Slater and Winona Ryder on a killing spree of the popular people in their highschool.... Black Comedy....

A Clockwork Orange - Stanley Kuberick's best movie ever..........

Spinal Tap - If you haven't seen it - what the hell are you waiting for..... this movie is 11 out of 10
Wink

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2004, 07:44:50 PM »

Go see AvP. At first I hated the idea but after watching the trailer I've changed my mind. ok

AvP kicks ass.,the action scence are really well done. beer

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2004, 08:03:28 PM »

1 - THE 7 SAMURAI (by Kurosawa - 1954)
* 3h10 mins of pue genius. this movie has it all : action, love, jokes, epic, graphic poetry ... this is like the BEST movie ever. and fortunatly (or not) this movie made me realize that 99% of the movies that came out in the past 7 years were shit.
Also the movie which Steven Speilberg watches before he makes anything, to remind him how films should be made.

The camera work in this film is amazing.  Some of the sequences inside are brilliant.  Lightyears ahead of anyone else at the time, and a lot of people even now.

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2004, 12:52:42 AM »

Go see AvP. At first I hated the idea but after watching the trailer I've changed my mind. ok

AvP kicks ass.,the action scence are really well done. beer

I loved Jason and found FvsJ was greater and the direction was much better and well played out then any other Jason movie.

I loved Predator and have been reading rumors and looks at stills on for AVP for awhile I hope its battles will be great.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2004, 12:54:15 AM »

A Clockwork Orange - Stanley Kuberick's best movie ever..........

Spinal Tap - If you haven't seen it - what the hell are you waiting for..... this movie is 11 out of 10

Just rented THIS IS SPINAL TAP yesterday, it's a very good movie but kind of sad when you think of how many old real rock bands have had to go down that road

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
MrProxy
Rocker

Enjoy The Silence!

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2004, 03:36:25 AM »

I'd also like to add 'Nothing but trouble' to the list.? If you have'nt seen this you're missing out on one funny movie.

what is AvP???

i recomend to see Band Of Brothers!
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0185906/
Story about US Army Airbourne Paratrooper division
from D-day till end of war!
all 10 episodes are excelent!!
you wont regret it!

*Casablanca
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0034583/
best Bogarts movie ever

*The Shawshank Redemption
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0111161/
Morgan Freeman is simply genius!
great story

and ofcourse Spielbergs masterpice
*Schindlers list

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0108052/

no comments on this movie
you must se it!

---------------------------------
Max 200; characters remaining: 130
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2004, 04:36:00 AM »

..............Give me X-Men 3............

I'm sure it will keep me glued to my seat.... So while waiting I need to teach my dog how to fetch a beer or a coke... from the shop across the street!  hihi

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2004, 06:01:24 AM »

A movie that really got to me was 'Savior', starring Dennis Quaid. It's about the Bosnian war, but it's not a typical war movie. Savior is more about the human nature and such, it dabbles a bit on the psychological side of things. The ending is extremely dramatic and touching, I just love it.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2004, 09:13:16 AM »

I loved Jason and found FvsJ was greater and the direction was much better and well played out then any other Jason movie.

Good lord! Your joking right? That film was a travesty (it was also very funny because of that) - a couple of chimps would have directed that better hihi

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2004, 12:08:17 PM »

Good lord! Your joking right? That film was a travesty (it was also very funny because of that) - a couple of chimps would have directed that better hihi
I've always loved the Jason Voorhees charecter and from Friday the 13th Part 2 until Jason X there have been alot of cheesy movies that werent that funny or interesting.

I seen FvsJ 3 times opening weekend and was very pleased. It was well written and directed ( in the horror genre). Every fan has wanted a FvsJ since Jason Goes to Hell (1993), This was a darker movie shot mostly at night and it had a hell of alot of those funny one liners and not to mention the very interesting kills. The best part was the pitting of the two horror icons. It was the first time the two had a charecter as strong or interesting to fight against.

FvsJ 2 BRING THAT ON.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2005, 07:48:27 PM »

Walk the Lone - The Johnny Cash Bio .

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
liquidvirus
Mechanical Animal
VIP

Gettin Down and Dirrrty

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2005, 07:59:36 PM »

trainspotting
pulp fiction
reservoir dogs
happy gilmore
baseketball
kill bill1 and 2
the day after tommorow
lord of war
sin city
se7en

Life is like a penis most people don't know it
But most people suck so they usually blow it.
Evolution
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2005, 08:07:05 PM »

trainspotting
pulp fiction

2 classics  Smiley
MichelleAK3
Headliner

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2005, 08:12:49 PM »

cable guy, mr jealousy, the corn dog man, memento, frailty, dogs in space, the gift, a face in the crowd, tommy, the color purple, the big one, clean n sober, capturing the friedmans, to kill a mockingbird

"I hope you're proud of yourself for the times you've said 'yes,' when all it meant was extra work for you and was seemingly helpful only to somebody else."

From The World According to Mister Roger
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2005, 08:19:39 PM »

frailty
Awesome film there....i have a habit of picking out Bill Paxton films...because i am obsessed, that was his directional debut...and what a debut....great twists and some wonderful acting....would you kill if God told you?

I want you all to see The Shepherd w/ Roddy Piper...it makes suicide look like a good option, it's worth watching just to know films this bad exist and that no matter how shitty your life is...you could be watching this movie http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0159752/
KAI-KAI
Opening Act

Fuck Llamas

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2005, 10:17:25 PM »

Lethal Weapon
Farhienheit(sp?) 9-11
Bowling For Columbine
Star Wars
American History X
The Wall

KAI
Buddy J.B.
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2005, 11:58:10 PM »

The Superman series  ok ok ok ok
Fast times at Ridgemont High
The Shining
Batman, Batman Returns
Detroit Rock City
Superman Returns (wait until 2006, but I got a great feeling about it)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: