Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:38:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Nice Boys Don't Play Rock And Roll
| | |-+  Need help ! Gonna buy a Gibson
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Need help ! Gonna buy a Gibson  (Read 3274 times)
Aero
Not Axl
VIP

Not Axl

« on: August 03, 2004, 10:04:17 AM »

Hi people !

this is my question... I have like 1200 U$S (I'll do a job this month to get more) and I want to buy a gibsion. my 3 chances are:

a) 1700 U$S USED Gibson les paul custom black 1983 100% original (but without the warranty papers)[from "ebay" contact]

b) 2000 U$S USED Gibson les paul standard cherry sunburst 199x 90% original (they removed pickguard and mic covers)[from a gibson shop]

c) 2200 U$S NEW Gibson les paul classic cherry sunburst 199x

what do you guys recomend? I guess that the custom one rules, but I don't know if I can have a gibson without all the warranty papers... the others are more expensive but my wallet is relative empty at this moment to buy one of those, and I don't know how much time will I need to get that money.

thanx guys ! gtgth rules !  peace

SLASH2365
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2004, 02:03:12 PM »

i think you should go with the used LP Custom (IMO). its the least expensive, but its a great guitar! if oyu get that, you'll be just like Izzy man!

"The Blues are realy important, that's where most of the hard rock n' roll came from." - Izzy Stradlin
Aero
Not Axl
VIP

Not Axl

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2004, 06:14:00 PM »

lol !

maybe the man is gonna sell it today to a store... and I cannot buy it today cuz I have no money  Cry

but if he doesn't sell it I'm gonna buy it  peace

Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2004, 07:35:33 PM »

I wouldn't use Ebay if I were you, because you migth get ripped off, and you don't want to risk that with such a lot of money.

Why not just get a used one from the 80's or early 90's?  You'd probably save a bit, and wouldn't be directly supporting a monopolistic co-orporation who only care about money...  ok

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2004, 06:07:53 AM »

I would go with the custom, but if it's not sure you'll get it, I would go with the standard, LP looks better without the pickguard anyways, or if you like the pickguard, you will probably get one relatively cheap at a guitar shop! ok

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
gypsy eyes
Headliner

proud to be a llama!

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2004, 05:15:55 AM »

i own a custom and i can tell that's one damn fine piece of shit ok
but i wouldn't buy it if i were you: e-bay AND no warranty papers?? that's just a tad too risky hun, you could end up very screwed!! Wink

id personally go for the new one then, yeah like frusciante said you can always add a pickguard but it's just not the same, i don't like anyone messin with my guitar anyways... but it is pretty expensive yeah Undecided you have to know how much money you're willing to spend on it, or consider an Epiphone

good luck and enjoy it beer

You got something to say to me
Well say it to my face
I'm so sick of society
That says me I'm out of place
Aero
Not Axl
VIP

Not Axl

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2004, 03:12:36 PM »

not ebay... the man published it in that shit, but I got his email and we're talkin' directly, trought msn  beer

the lp std is my dream, but the custom is in a great price !

gypsy eyes
Headliner

proud to be a llama!

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2004, 05:15:59 PM »

not ebay... the man published it in that shit, but I got his email and we're talkin' directly, trought msn? beer

the lp std is my dream, but the custom is in a great price !
custom is damn good too Wink

if you're sure you won't get screwed go for the custom then... but make sure you have at least some kinda paper from the guy you're buying it from... no papers on the guitar wahtsoever isn't very good Undecided

You got something to say to me
Well say it to my face
I'm so sick of society
That says me I'm out of place
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: