Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:57:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Nice Boys Don't Play Rock And Roll
| | |-+  Songwriter Needs A Musician
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Songwriter Needs A Musician  (Read 3628 times)
youngerformofaxl
« on: August 03, 2004, 01:58:27 PM »

I need help finding a musician that can help me put music to my words. I'm very good at rhyming and I do have some ideas with how the music should sound.

I live in the Salt Lake City Area, so if you are interested, please let me know!!!!!
gypsy eyes
Headliner

proud to be a llama!

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2004, 05:22:33 AM »

I need help finding a musician that can help me put music to my words. I'm very good at rhyming and I do have some ideas with how the music should sound.

I live in the Salt Lake City Area, so if you are interested, please let me know!!!!!
was in your shoes for a long time... i got so desperate that i could do everything but the solo and a catchy melody that i ended up rapping hihi
ok but seriously now, doesn't look like many here are from Salt Lake City so you my friend need to do it by youself i guess...
so give the man some hints on writing songs!
you say you have an idea for the music? more or less? what's easier for you? the rhythm or the melody? if i were you; start with the rhythm, i always started with a snearing solo when i thought of a song but without a good rhythm to back you up you got nothing. start with that and you'll see that the rest comes automatically Wink

You got something to say to me
Well say it to my face
I'm so sick of society
That says me I'm out of place
youngerformofaxl
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2004, 11:24:18 AM »

Thanks for the advice. The melody comes easier.
gypsy eyes
Headliner

proud to be a llama!

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2004, 05:23:11 PM »

Thanks for the advice. The melody comes easier.
ah see? there's your problem (well "problem" Wink)
same here, and as long as i started with the melody i couldn't write a decent song... do what i said, start with rhythm, take a break from your GnR and Led Zep records and listen to bluesy stuff, or reggea, shit like that, even though it doesn't appeal to you at the beginning... i had a lil reggea period and i see now that some of the stuff i picked up then i still use now... sly and robbie are a great example, hell even prince can do it or some rappers even... just focus on the rhtyhm, get into the rhythm and let it get to you... if you have words and you have a rhythm under it the melody is shit easy! now just come up with a solo worthy of november rain and you're a star Grin

and if you REALLY hate to listen to the real old rhythm and blues listen to led zep but look beyond the guitar, or take the Dead Boys, great punk band, funny lyrics and a great rhythm section...one of my favs Cheesy

Well say it to my face
I'm so sick of society
youngerformofaxl
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2004, 06:00:57 PM »

Once again, thanks for the advice.

By the way, do you think I should start playing an instrument?
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2004, 06:06:08 PM »

Definetly.
It'll help you immensly.
Best idea would either be piano or guitar.
youngerformofaxl
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2004, 06:07:54 PM »

Okay, cool.

I'll have to buy one though because I broke my last beginner's guitars by slamming it continously aganist my stereo. I was just a little angry that's all.Grin

And yes, I broke my stereo as well.
gypsy eyes
Headliner

proud to be a llama!

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2004, 04:02:56 PM »

Okay, cool.

I'll have to buy one though because I broke my last beginner's guitars by slamming it continously aganist my stereo. I was just a little angry that's all.Grin

And yes, I broke my stereo as well.
rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

smart, really smart Tongue

yeah you should definitly play an instrument, im sorry i thought you already did... yeah if you wanna make songs playing an instrument would be VERY handy... piano is also a good instrument but id advize you to start with guitar, it's easier, it's cheaper, you don't need so much room, you can taek it anywhere wht you to play and it's just more practical to learn... im sure some of your friends know guitar so ask their help... if you depend on beginners books you'll take years! start with simple songs... Lola and Wild Thing may be very clich? but they do teach you your basics and they always do well at camp fires Grin

if you wanna move up a step i can recommend the red hotr chile peppers, most of their (older) songs are pretty easy on guitar but then suddenly have a "weird" change in it... something that when you try to play it makes you think "wtf? how did they come up with that?? Shocked" so it's a good start to learn harder things... they also have a strong bass line, so you'll practise your rhythm while playing along with he guitar...

oh and a beginners hint: everyone wants to play like jimi hendrix but for your own sake: DON'T try to play jimi or led zep when you're just a beginner, your self esteem won't recover... take it from someone who who refused to touch her guitar for almost two years, no matter how badly she wanted it! hihi

Well say it to my face
I'm so sick of society
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: