Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:06:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  new merchandise
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: new merchandise  (Read 19183 times)
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2004, 05:23:08 AM »

What t-shirt? Do you have a picture of it? I can't find it on the site.

I think he's talking about that t-shirt. It's a release available at Hot Topic (a famous "alt" t-shirt store chain in the US). They also re-released the t-shirt with the old AFD circle logo on it.

OK. I was just about to say "this is the kind of t-shirt you would see at Hot Topic"  Grin  Some shops on Hollywood Blvd in L.A also sell that kind of shirt, but I still wouldn't say they're official, although some of them are really well-made.
There must be some kind of subtlety between getting a licence for a design and releasing totally official products, I don't know.   Undecided
I just think that would be kinda like shooting yourself in the foot : Axl is trying to establish a new line-up, a new image, AND a new logo and he would release products bearing the old logo  Huh

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2004, 09:52:51 AM »

I don't know, Geffen released 3 DVDs and one CD from the old band in the past year...lol

suicide
VIP

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2004, 12:17:14 PM »

I think he's talking about that t-shirt.

Nah, I was talking about this shirt:

And I don't think it's actually Axl or the band who release all the merchandise. As Will pointed out, Geffen recently released 3 DVD's and the Greatest Hits album. It's not because Axl doesn't approve these that they aren't official.
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2004, 12:36:01 PM »

You may be right after all, who's to tell? I've seen so many semi-bootleg shirts that look as good as the real ones that it's hard to tell what is official.
The same thing happened to a UK company called Oliver books a few years ago. They released calendars of tons of bands and artists and you could find them in big stores. But after a few years it turned out the products they released were not official, and they got sued by several record companies. To my knowledge they don't release calendars anymore.

SADIS
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2004, 02:08:32 PM »

Hey guys, I ordered and recieved the dog-tags and the one I have says "copyright 2004 Guns N Roses"..... does that mean it's offical new merchandise?

Or doesn't it mean shit, and is it just a casualty? Because I also ordered another necklace and that one says "copyright 1994 by Guns N Roses". Different years, so it could mean that the ones with 2004 on it are new, meaning there's new promotional merchandise coming our way, which could mean that CD is coming?Huh Or I am I going way off limits here...??

Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2004, 03:21:42 PM »

Usually, when it says "copyright by Guns N' Roses" , it means it's official. Usually.....  Grin

Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2004, 12:15:06 PM »

They are now for sale at Pushposters : http://www.pushposters.co.uk/cgi/pcart/search.cgi?x=1&artist=GUNS%20N%20ROSES

It's quite a serious store, so I guess it attests to their authenticity.

AxlRocks
Headliner

I WILL MEET AXL!!!

« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2004, 03:49:11 PM »

I think he's talking about that t-shirt.

Nah, I was talking about this shirt:

I just bought this saturday and under the logo it says " Copyright of Guns N' Roses 2004.

Maybe CD is coming out... I hope.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: