Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:02:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Official Rolling Stones Thread
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official Rolling Stones Thread  (Read 134855 times)
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #220 on: November 10, 2006, 05:44:16 AM »

Get off of my cloud
It's only rock n' roll
Whole lotta Yoko  Grin

"...It don't really matter..."
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #221 on: November 10, 2006, 06:55:11 AM »

I think an easier way to do this would just say about 90% of their songs are great.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #222 on: November 24, 2006, 11:37:07 PM »

Hey guys, the show at Dodger Stadium was FANTASTIC!  There was a full house, and it was truly an experience I will never forget.  Snuck my camera in.   Grin
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #223 on: November 26, 2006, 12:26:06 PM »

Last Show On There Tour
The Rolling Stones
BC Place, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Saturday November 25, 2006
The set list

1. Jumping Jack Flash
   2. It's Only Rock'n Roll
   3. Oh No Not You Again
   4. She Was Hot
   5. Shine a Light (with Bonnie Raitt)
   6. Streets Of Love
   7. Midnight Rambler
   8. Tumbling Dice
      --- Introductions
   9. You Got The Silver (Keith)
  10. Slipping Away (Keith)
  11. Connection (Keith)
  12. Miss You (to B-stage)
  13. Get Off Of My Cloud
  14. Start Me Up
  15. Honky Tonk Women (to main stage)
  16. Sympathy For The Devil
  17. Paint It Black
  18. Brown Sugar
  19. You Can't Always Get What You Want (encore)
  20. Satisfaction (encore)

Bonnie Raitt (warmup)  :  7:00pm -  7:50pm
The Rolling Stones     :  8:50pm - 11:05pm

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #224 on: November 26, 2006, 04:12:30 PM »

Bonnie came out and did Dead Flowers with Mick.  It was an amazing rendition.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #225 on: November 26, 2006, 07:06:58 PM »

Bonnie came out and did Dead Flowers with Mick.  It was an amazing rendition.

Looks like it was shine a light to me  Grin
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #226 on: November 26, 2006, 09:13:51 PM »

Going out with a bang

Peter Birnie, Vancouver Sun
Published: Sunday, November 26, 2006

The Rolling Stones
B.C. Place
Nov. 25

Though the weather outside was frightful, the 51,000 of us packed into B.C. Place stadium couldn't have cared less. The Rolling Stones were playing the last gig of their latest world tour here in Vancouver on a snowy Saturday night, and A Bigger Bang was proving to be just as big and ballsy as any Stones mega-show.

The buzz in the air was not just from all the pot smoke wafting around the stadium. One thought was morbidly inescapable: This could be the last time. These days Mick Jagger finds himself humming that song by his old rivals, "When I'm 64", especially after juggling some show dates around a soar throat. Keith Richards can't keep himself from falling out of tropical trees and landing on his head. Ron Wood took another stab at rehab while on tour. Even before the Vancouver show started, the figures were in: A Bigger Bang is the biggest moneymaker of all time on the touring circuit, raking in $437 million US at 116 shows since August 2005. Surely to God the Stones, who will hit their half-century mark as a band in just a few years, can now retire, rich beyond the dreams of avarice. Right?

Not bloody likely. It's rumoured they'll be back in 2007 to add some more bang to A Bigger Bang, heading for the magical mark of half a billion in revenue. But that's not what keeps bringing the lads back, and especially The Pout That Struts. They love what they're doing. And despite the fact fresher talent has been passing their tour bus in the fast lane for decades, audiences still show up to share a noisy, raunchy love-in with these wildly entertaining stabs from the past.

How sexy is Mick Jagger? At one point mid-concert, as the band was being pulled back to the mainstage on a platform from a mini-show presented about 50 metres away for the folks in the "cheap" seats, Mick pulled up his trademark tight T-shirt and flashed us a torso in such incredible shape that few guys in the audience could match him. Nor could most of the crowd, whether young or the many weighing toward Mick's age, have kept up with his spirited dance moves and trademark gestures selling every song.

Opening acts on this tour have included Kanye West, Van Morrison and Alice Cooper. We got Bonnie Raitt, fresh off her biodiesel bus, and the lovely lady of the long red locks opened the evening with a booming blues set. Frankly, I could listen to the amazing range of her voice and seasoned guitar work without benefit of one watt of amplification. Her dad died not long ago, and Raitt recently told Sun writer Amy O'Brian that the late, great John Raitt, perhaps the best belter Broadway ever heard, is still very much with her. A moving moment came when she thanked Canadian jazz singer Shirley Eikhard "for helpin' me turn my life around" before performing Eikhard's "Something to Talk About," which won the composer a Grammy and the artist a whole lotta new fans.

The Stones opened with Mick in a sparkling silver waistcoat for "Jumpin' Jack Flash" and another oldie, "It's Only Rock 'n Roll." Then the huge video screen behind the band went to black and white for "Oh No, Not You Again" from their new Bigger Bang album. A montage of old Stones videos played through "She Was Hot" from the ''80s album Undercover, then Raitt came back for a great duet with Mick on "Shine a Light" from Exile on Main Street. Nice keyboard work on this by Chuck Leavell.

Keith's first cigarette dangled from his mangled lips as his guitar licks led us to "Streets of Love," also from Bigger Bang. Dancing what might be described as the meth-mouth shuffle, Mick then displayed his handiness with a harmonica to open "Midnight Rambler," well backed by bassist Darryl Jones. But on that old concert favourite "Tumbling Dice," also from Exile, Mr. Jagger made his own musical journey away from the melody line.

Maybe that's because he was about to let Keith loose with the great grizzleface's own unique vocal skills. After introducing the band (a sign in the crowd begged Wood: Ronnie Be Good), Jagger turned things over to Richards and the crowd went nuts. Smoking fiercely, Keith waited patiently for the roar to die down, made a quick quip about brain damage from his climbing accident, then launched into a trilogy of his classics: "You Got the Silver" from Let It Bleed, "Slipping Away" from Voodoo Lounge and "Connection" from Between the Buttons. By classics, I of course mean Richards' trademark rambling, badly off-key renderings that are just as much fun for him as us. As Ron Wood laid out the guitar riffs on "You Got the Silver" and Richards wrapped himself around his partner in a long black coat, it looked for all the world like a panhandler assaulting a busker on Granville Street.

Mick returned in a bright red baseball jacket for "Miss You," the switch to a head mike signalling that the band was heading out on its little trolley ride to the "B" stage. They travelled to "Miss You" and performed "Get Off Of My Cloud" (again with Mick choosing a whole new key) and "Start Me Up" on their mini-tour before returning to the mainstage with "Honky Tonk Woman." The infamous inflatable lips got only a brief workout here before being deflated; no such finish for Mick's big smackers as he launched into "Sympathy For the Devil."

To this point I was only whelmed by the set and its light show, which was sufficiently gigantic without dazzling me. But they got clever as Charlie Watts led off with a new beat to open the classic and Mick (sorry, Sir Mick) ascended to an upper platform in a feathery red jacket and hat. Here were the bells and whistles of any good arena rock event: enormous images in red of a snakeskin-meets-Rorschach pattern sure to freak out anyone on the wrong drugs. Gigantic gas jets shooting up, lighting and heating us instantly. Jagger playing it all over the stage and right out to the wings, then coming back to receive solid accompaniment from backup singers Lisa Fischer and Bernard Fowler.

We were pumped. "Paint It Black" -- awright! Then "Brown Sugar," with a wall of flames across the front of the stage, Mick going "yeah yeah yeah" and all of us right on cue for "Woo!"

More! Encore! Oh ? it's "You Can't Always Get What You Want."

We take the hint and head out into the slushy streets. We got what we need.

adnan
Opening Act

Proud Hippie Liberal Nutjob

« Reply #227 on: January 26, 2007, 11:09:32 AM »

I don't wanna say they should quit touring, but it's becoming a bit depressing to watch them nowadays. I was watching Altamont recently and it's just amazing how phenomenal Mick was on stage, as well as the rest of them, nowadays it's just kinda... Okay, you know. I was watching the Rio show and they put on a great show but it's not that band anymore, it just isn't.

I remember now why I was so, so, so disappointed with the Calgary show (I had front row, too), it's because the band's tight and all, but it's more of a spectacle now than a band.

I recently saw Aerosmith live, and in that short set of theirs, they just tore the goddamn roof off the place. Mick just walks around the stage nowadays, occasionally providing the obligatory strut or whatever. Keef seems really tired most of the time, although his solos are really good still (unlike Ronnie's, which have gotten so sloppy over time). Steven Tyler was just a madman (granted he's 5 years younger than Mick), running all over the place, high fiving the crowd, utilising the crowd as characters, etc. You know, just being really cool and spontaneous. Joe Perry just ran around the stage pulling off the most incredible blues virtuosity.

That energy is missing from the Stones today. I don't know if The Bigger Bang tour was their last or not, but I hope it was. When a band seems like old men on stage, it's time to quit.

I'd just rather go to a Jagger or Keef or even Ronnie Wood solo gig than see the band in the state they are now.

See, here's what I'm talking about:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=alxDHrupeW4
Notice when an audience member throws that bottle to Steve, he looks mad for a second then look what he does, totally spontaneously! It's amazing. Jagger just hasn't got that anymore.
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #228 on: January 26, 2007, 12:56:48 PM »

Use the stones thread for this....But I dont think they should quit touring...If u dont wanna go see them dont go, id love to see them again

KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #229 on: January 27, 2007, 12:30:02 AM »

I don't wanna say they should quit touring, but it's becoming a bit depressing to watch them nowadays. I was watching Altamont recently and it's just amazing how phenomenal Mick was on stage, as well as the rest of them, nowadays it's just kinda... Okay, you know. I was watching the Rio show and they put on a great show but it's not that band anymore, it just isn't.

I remember now why I was so, so, so disappointed with the Calgary show (I had front row, too), it's because the band's tight and all, but it's more of a spectacle now than a band.

I recently saw Aerosmith live, and in that short set of theirs, they just tore the goddamn roof off the place. Mick just walks around the stage nowadays, occasionally providing the obligatory strut or whatever. Keef seems really tired most of the time, although his solos are really good still (unlike Ronnie's, which have gotten so sloppy over time). Steven Tyler was just a madman (granted he's 5 years younger than Mick), running all over the place, high fiving the crowd, utilising the crowd as characters, etc. You know, just being really cool and spontaneous. Joe Perry just ran around the stage pulling off the most incredible blues virtuosity.

That energy is missing from the Stones today. I don't know if The Bigger Bang tour was their last or not, but I hope it was. When a band seems like old men on stage, it's time to quit.

I'd just rather go to a Jagger or Keef or even Ronnie Wood solo gig than see the band in the state they are now.

Notice when an audience member throws that bottle to Steve, he looks mad for a second then look what he does, totally spontaneously! It's amazing. Jagger just hasn't got that anymore.

I was at the Rio show,it was my 3th RS show it was a great show huge one million people audience,but i agree that the energy was not the same that i saw on the first two show years early. they are legends it always cool to see they on stage. beer

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #230 on: January 27, 2007, 06:49:11 AM »

i wish i had a chance to see aerosmith

html sucks
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #231 on: January 27, 2007, 11:10:56 AM »

The stones should stop touring Stadiums, and just do small theaters, where they can concentrate on their hidden classics

Off course, that'll never happen, mostly because of Mick Jagger
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #232 on: January 27, 2007, 05:51:14 PM »

I dont know how mick jagger ever got a record deal with a voice like that   Tongue

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Eduardo
VIP

« Reply #233 on: January 27, 2007, 05:54:08 PM »

I dont know how mick jagger ever got a record deal with a voice like that   Tongue

You're kidding right?

Listen to Let it Loose and make this comment again, son
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #234 on: January 27, 2007, 05:55:40 PM »

I dont know how mick jagger ever got a record deal with a voice like that? ?Tongue

You're kidding right?

Listen to Let it Loose and make this comment again, son

I dont know how mick jagger ever got a record deal with a voice like that? Tongue?

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Eduardo
VIP

« Reply #235 on: January 27, 2007, 06:25:27 PM »

Very Funny!  ok
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #236 on: January 27, 2007, 07:38:18 PM »

writing some of the greatest songs ever might have had something to do with it too!
Scree
VIP

Waiting

« Reply #237 on: January 27, 2007, 08:04:21 PM »

I saw the Stones a few years ago in the UK.. I would've enjoyed it more if the tickets didn't cost so much. No band should charge that much (I saw Floyd for half the price of the stones and, by damn, talk about value for money for the stage show alone.)

Life is a strange thing. Just when you think you've learnt how to use it it's gone.
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #238 on: January 28, 2007, 03:45:21 AM »

Very Funny!? ok

i thought you'd like that  rofl

Hemingway
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #239 on: February 08, 2007, 05:27:44 PM »

Just wanted to post a few of my pictures...

During Sympathy For The Devil...

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: