Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:55:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Official Rolling Stones Thread
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official Rolling Stones Thread  (Read 133679 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #340 on: January 08, 2009, 09:06:48 PM »

He has a good point. Why not work until you die as long as you still enjoy it? Not many people can say they get to do a job they love their entire lives.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #341 on: December 03, 2009, 03:04:19 PM »

Rocker Ronnie Wood arrested for possible assault

By GREGORY KATZ (AP) ? 2 hours ago

LONDON ? Aging rocker Ronnie Wood of the Rolling Stones was released on bail Thursday after being arrested for possible domestic assault.

Wood, known for his stinging guitar riffs and raucous private life, was picked up by police Wednesday evening near his home in Esher in southern England.

"I can confirm that there was an incident last night and that Ronnie Wood was arrested," said David Rigg, Wood's spokesman.

The arrest comes on the heels of Wood's highly publicized divorce last month. His marriage collapsed after he started dating a young Russian woman.

Police in Surrey, England, released few details about the incident, which is still under investigation. Police would not say who made the assault complaint against Wood.

Asked about Wood, police said only that a 62-year-old man from the town of Esher had been taken into custody Wednesday night on suspicion of assault in connection with a domestic incident on Claygate High Street.

Claygate High Street is a popular commercial street near Esher, an affluent town 17 miles (28 kilometers) southwest of London that was also the home of George Harrison of the Beatles.

Locals Thursday were trying to find out what happened with Wood, one of several famous rockers from the 1960s who live in the area.

Teresa Asoli, owner of the Il Corallo restaurant, said few of the facts have come out.

"Some people came around and wanted to know what we saw," she said. "But I wasn't here when it happened so I didn't see anything."

Wood spent Wednesday night in police custody before being released on bail to face further inquiries in January.

Wood's private life has been in turmoil for more than an a year since he started a high profile relationship with Russian Ekaterina Ivanova, a 20-year-old cocktail waitress.

That relationship led to his divorce last month by Jo Wood, his wife of 24 years, on the grounds of adultery.

He and Wood have two children together.

Wood has long been a guitar stalwart of the Rolling Stones, one of the world's longest-running and most popular rock bands. He joined the band in 1975 and has spent more than three decades touring the world with the band, one of the most successful live acts in history.

According to Forbes, the band recently earned about $88 million in one 12-month stretch.

In recent years he has also found some success as an artist, selling his paintings in numerous galleries.

His romantic troubles have provided ample fodder for Britain's tabloids, who have shown repeated photographs of the craggy, aging rocker cavorting with his young Russian paramour.

He also was treated for alcoholism in 2008.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Chief
Legend

« Reply #342 on: March 02, 2010, 10:32:18 PM »

The Rolling Stones to reissue 'Exile On Main Street' with 10 unreleased songs

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2010/02/25/unearthed-rolling-stones-tracks-set-to-debut-on-exile-on-main-street-reissue/

can't wait!!!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #343 on: March 03, 2010, 01:06:46 AM »

Now that is something i'll buy.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #344 on: March 03, 2010, 08:58:09 PM »

Cool dude thanks...Would be pretty crazy I imagine to ever have a look through Mick and Keiths Archives lol

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #345 on: March 08, 2010, 02:03:26 AM »

The Rolling Stones live at the Max is awesome. It's out again on DVD and Blu.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #346 on: April 28, 2010, 01:27:25 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CK6KA4QILUc

New video for "Plundered My Soul", previously unreleased from the upcoming Exile reissue

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #347 on: April 28, 2010, 01:41:41 PM »

Although I've already got Exile... on CD, I was thinking about getting the reissue for all the bonus stuff. But I read that on some of the unreleased stuff, they've overdubbed some vocals and guitar. I know it probably doesn't make a dramatic difference, but that kinda spoils it a little bit to me. It's like when bands overdub stuff on live albums, sort of defeats the purpose.... Undecided

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #348 on: June 05, 2010, 10:46:50 AM »

Richards miffed at Stones delay

Keith Richards is fed up with Mick Jagger stalling the next Rolling Stones album - he wants the band to record new songs as soon as possible.

The rockers recently re-released their landmark early 1970s album Exile On Main Street, but Richards is fed up with the frontman putting off plans to work on new tracks.

The guitarist is itching to get back into the studio and is desperately trying to find out when Jagger is likely to want to reunite.

He says, "I'm trying to find out when it will happen myself. I sent a note to (drummer) Charlie Watts saying, 'Should I put an ad in a music magazine - guitar player for hire?' I've got to do something.

"It doesn't matter which band, you have got to have the frontman wanting to do it. You can't shove the lead singer into it. I learned that many years ago. I usually wait for Mick to call me. When he does, it's because he's got an itch and wants to go to work."

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #349 on: November 04, 2010, 05:28:43 PM »

Keith Richards: Rolling Stones Ready to Tour, Record New Material

While promoting the release of his new autobiography, "Life," Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards revealed that the band plans to begin recording new material in the coming months and hit the road next year. In a radio interview with BBC 6 Music, Richards said that more Rolling Stones reissues are likely to come, but that the band is focusing on combating rumors that their most recent world tour was their last. "There are gems in the vault, but more interesting to me is that everybody's ready to go out there again," says Richards. "Who said it should stop and who said when? That's what we want to find out. We'll know when it really comes to an end, with a crashing halt."

While Richards expects the Rolling Stones to tour in 2011, he says that the group may hit the studio before that. "After these many years working together, we have a lot of unfinished stuff to work on that we had to leave off the last album," says Richards. "And knowing Mick, as I do, he's a very prolific writer. And I have ideas, and we'll put them together in December or January, something like that... We're looking forward to working."

During the interview, the 66-year-old guitarist also talked about "Life," his memoir released last week in which he discusses his past drug addiction and calls Stones singer Mick Jagger " unbearable." "Mick's read it... [he's been] a little bitchy, here and there," Richards says with a laugh. "Most of those stories are 30, 40 years old. Maybe it's just rehashing it, but I had to tell these stories in order to put everything into context... Mick and I couldn't insult each other if we tried."

zihuatenajo
Headliner

« Reply #350 on: July 03, 2011, 02:12:29 PM »

no Stones news in a while?

a spanish guy I listen to named Melendi covered Angie on his last album  peace

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hNa0vQk7NU&feature=related

God made weed, man made booze : who do you trust ?
Chief
Legend

« Reply #351 on: November 02, 2011, 01:18:57 AM »

Has anyone seen this show yet? it is phenomenal.. the band at their peak!!

http://www.amazon.com/Ladies-Gentlemen-Rolling-Stones/dp/B003W5C0VW

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #352 on: November 02, 2011, 10:55:39 AM »

Has anyone seen this show yet? it is phenomenal.. the band at their peak!!

http://www.amazon.com/Ladies-Gentlemen-Rolling-Stones/dp/B003W5C0VW

Hell yeah. Mick Taylor era Stones is about as good as it gets!

Great show.

Not a video, but Brussels Affair '73 is one of my favorite bootlegs. Taylor rips throughout the entire show.
Damn shame he left.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #353 on: November 23, 2011, 01:25:41 PM »

Rolling Stones - No Spare Parts

Great new/old Stones song from Some Girls reissue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3rTozWbjIc

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #354 on: November 23, 2011, 02:27:02 PM »

Rolling Stones - No Spare Parts

Great new/old Stones song from Some Girls reissue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3rTozWbjIc

Great jam.
I like Keep Up Blues, and their cover of Hank Williams You Win Again as well.

They also officially released one of the Live At Brussels shows I mention above at http://www.StonesArchive.com/

They actually played two shows in one day. I prefer the show that wasn't released officially, but they are both great.
I'm hoping they keep emptying the vaults. The Exile re-release had some great stuff too.
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #355 on: November 25, 2011, 02:40:05 PM »

Stones Near Decision on 50th Anniversary Shows
Tour could be the biggest of all time ? but do Mick and Keith want to do it?

Mick Jagger and Keith Richards will meet in December to decide how the Rolling Stones will celebrate next year's 50th anniversary, according to a top tour-industry source. "I don't see why in the world the Stones can't put together some kind of show next year," says Richards. "I'd almost count on it. It doesn't have to be the whole spectacle bullshit again, but we've got to find our own way through this."

"It is quite amazing when you think about it," Jagger adds. "Anything's possible."

A top source tells Rolling Stone that AEG Live, Live Nation and veteran Stones promoter Michael Cohl have already reached out about acquiring the band's anniversary tour, which has the potential to be the biggest of all time. "It would be a total home run," says the source.

The rock world is paying attention: "The Stones are iconic figures in Western society," says Sting. "I hope they'll stop bickering. I'd like to see them doing what they do." Adds Joe Perry, "I would love to see them just go and do arenas and have it be as stripped-down as possible, the way they did on the Exile tour ? where they had the horn section and Ian Stewart playing keyboards. As close as they could get to that would be great."

Following a band meeting in September at the Stones' London office, Richards, guitarist Ronnie Wood and drummer Charlie Watts were set to convene in November to jam in London. "I would suggest a lot of blues in the beginning," says Richards. "That's where the band's roots are. We'll start playing some Jimmy Reed stuff and some Muddy Waters stuff and then things will blossom from there. It might bore Mick to death ? and that's the idea. We're just going to go, and you start from Day One. You've got the drums and a couple of guitars and you start hammering away.

"Mick is welcome," Richards adds. "I'm sure he'll turn up."

Richards' nasty, gossip-packed 2010 memoir, Life, painted an unrelentingly negative portrait of Jagger and his contributions to the Stones ? straining the duo's relationship. "I think there's a healing process waiting to take place," Wood says. "I think it's happening now as we speak, but it has to be resolved. Something has to be resolved there. They have to come to terms with going on a working basis, which Charlie and I will help make happen. Wish me luck."

"That old healing process," says Stones saxophone player Bobby Keys with a laugh. "Boy, that is an ongoing process. But last time I was onstage with them, there was no blood lost. They always seem to work it out." Adds longtime friend Peter Wolf, "If one looks at the history of great collaborations, Gilbert and Sullivan didn't always have a good time at it, either. But once they choose to get together to work, that is usually the great healer."

Richards says he's up for another massive world stadium and arena run like 2005's Bigger Bang tour, but isn't sure Jagger wants to make such a large commitment. "I don't know about that," Richards says. "I don't think Mick would. We'd like to be ready to be able to do it if the idea starts to happen. I'd even invite Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor back in. Why not? It's 50 years. Everyone deserves a party."

Adds Jagger, "That'd be very complete if it all happened." Taylor and Wyman have both worked with the Stones recently: Taylor, who left the band in 1974 to pursue a solo career, contributed new guitar work on last year's Exile on Main St. box set, and Wyman, who departed in 1992, plays bass on a cover of Bob Dylan's "Watching the River Flow" that the band recorded for a 2011 tribute album to late keyboard player Ian Stewart. "I've been reading about the possibilities in the press, but Keith hasn't turned his lips in my direction yet," says Wyman. "Let's see what transpires over the next few weeks, and I can then make a serious decision. I've got my chops together, and I know that my mate Charlie has ? so let's see if it ever happens."

One option some insiders floated has the band camping out for multinight runs in major cities. "I think the idea of doing multiple shows in certain cities ? New York, L.A., maybe Chicago, maybe Atlanta ? would be wonderful," says longtime keyboardist Chuck Leavell. Bobby Keys agrees: "In my fantasy of Rolling Stones gigs, I would like to see a gig that's centralized in one place: Let the people come to us instead of making all that traveling. That's always the main thing that bothers me about going on the road. It didn't used to, but hell, now we're all in our late sixties and shit, and it's just kind of a pain in the ass."

For its 40th anniversary in 2002, the band launched the massive Licks Tour, playing stadiums, arenas and small venues (sometimes all in the same city) and releasing a career retrospective with new songs. But this time around, there is no sign of new material. "I'm not writing for them right now," says Richards, who has been working on a solo project "reminiscent of early Chess records." "I'm cutting my own stuff with [producer and drummer] Steve Jordan," he says. "There's no point in writing for the Stones until I know that Mick Jagger's in. He could have every song I've ever written. They're all for him. If he doesn't like them ? or if he poo-poos them ? I take them somewhere else." Adds Wood, "I think we have so much back catalog that we would go out without new material, but then again one of the boys might go, 'No, I wouldn't dream of going out unless we have new material. I don't mind, really.'"

The band last played live together in August 2007 at London's O2 Arena, wrapping the two-year, $558 million Bigger Bang tour. "We were riding the top of the wave," says Wood. "I didn't want it to end." Since then, the Stones have been unusually busy: Jagger released an album with reggae-soul supergroup SuperHeavy; Richards published the bestselling Life; Watts toured with his longtime jazz group; and Wood released a solo album, exhibited paintings and hosted a U.K. classic-rock radio show. In between, the group went back into the studio to add new parts to outtakes included with the stellar Exile and Some Girls reissues.

For Jagger, probably the least-nostalgic Stone, the looming anniversary has him reflecting on just how far the band has come. "It's a very different group than the one that played 50 years ago," he says. "When I think about it, one part of me goes, 'We're slightly cheating,' because it's not the same band ? still the same name, but it's only Keith and myself that are the same people, I think. I've tried to find out when Charlie's first gig was [but can't]. But it's an amazing achievement. It's fantastic and I'm very proud of it."

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #356 on: November 25, 2011, 06:14:21 PM »

50 years what an amazing achievement. How many people can honestly say they get to do a job they love for 50 years. I hope they do some kinda tour. I'd definitely try and see it.
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #357 on: July 13, 2012, 03:22:47 AM »

happy birthday to the kings!!

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #358 on: July 13, 2012, 11:49:48 AM »

Get the tour going and get Mick Taylor involved before it's too late!
Greatest rock n roll band of all time in my book, but they have been missing Taylor since he left.
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #359 on: July 13, 2012, 07:17:32 PM »

Easily the greatest rock n roll band of all time, 50 years? come on...There catologue, Tours and merchandise sales are just unreal

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: