Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:35:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Official Rolling Stones Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official Rolling Stones Thread  (Read 133670 times)
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2004, 02:01:56 PM »

The gratest rock band ever ended when Freddie Mercury died
What does Freddy Mercury have to do with AC/DC???

AC/DC?? You gotta be kidding right?!?

That's a hatrick for Doull
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2004, 07:15:26 PM »

AC/DC?? You gotta be kidding right?!?

Trust me.......He's not.

(Psst, he's crazy. Oh, and a loser face)

But on another note.

Fuck off, AC/DC rule!

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2004, 11:11:21 PM »

Guns n' Roses is the greatest rock band ever. Zep was metal. Wink
Shotgun
Opening Act

Bon Jovi can suck my dick

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2004, 10:09:33 AM »

The Stones may be the greatest RNR band of all time but they never make a song wich i was into it.

btw. cool avatar  used illusions [ aapc ]. i have a bar and this painting from clockwork orange on a wall. beer
Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2004, 01:20:59 PM »

AC/DC and Led Zepalin are overated just like Nirvana.

Bow to the Tempo of the Damned!
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2004, 07:53:07 PM »

The Rolling Stones recently concluded recording sessions for a new album in Paris with producer Don Was. The band will reconvene in the New Year for additional sessions for an album tentatively due in summer 2005, Was tells Billboard.com.

Was describes the Stones' new music as considerably different from their recent releases. "Mick [Jagger] and Keith [Richards] are writing songs together in a collaborative fashion that probably hasn't been seen since the late '60s," he says. "I would say that longtime fans of the Rolling Stones will be thrilled with these results, and new fans will understand why they're the greatest rock'n'roll band in the world."

Was recalls sessions in which Jagger and Richards composed spontaneously, sometimes with Richards playing bass and Jagger on drums. "He's a great drummer," Was confides. "He's also playing a lot of guitar, and he's a really good guitar player. He's been playing bass on some things, [and] Keith is playing bass on some things. They're just great -- there's a reason that they've been the Rolling Stones for so long.

"And they can do it four times a day, every day," Was says of the pair's writing sessions, "and they're really good songs. I've never seen anything like it."

Drummer Charlie Watts, who was recently treated for throat cancer, also attended the Paris sessions and is in excellent health, Was says. "And he's playing like a lion," he adds.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
MR.BROWNSTONE
Sir Post-a-lot
Legend

I'm a supreme Guns N' Roses fan.

« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2004, 09:42:57 PM »

I was kinda shocked when I first read this tonight. I liked the few news songs they had on the "40 Licks" album. I'm sure they will go on another big tour.  Looks like 2005 should be a great year maybe for new albums.

12-6-02,5-12-06,5-14-06,5-15-06,5-17-06,11-5-06,11-10-06,11-13-06,11-24-06
1-28-10,10-28-11,10-29-11,11-17-11,11-20-11,11-26-11,12-30-11,12-31-11,2-12-12
2-23-12,2-24-12,2-27-12,3-12-12,11-23/24-12
Dot
Cute and sweet
Banned
Legend

please come back (to the band of hacks)

« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2004, 07:54:51 AM »

There?s only one thing stopping the Stones: death(not that I want them to die of course).

Rock N? Roll is the answer!!!
Slashly
Harley Davidson
VIP

-blank-

« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2004, 12:29:38 PM »

What hapened to Ron Wood??I recall reading somewhere that his doctor told him that if he didnt stop somoking he would die in one year time....

Baby Slash//

"But a bottle of vodka still lies in my hand some blonde gave me nughtmares, I think that you`re still in my head"
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2005, 04:20:54 PM »

The Rolling Stones are expected to announce plans for a new tour during a Tuesday (5/10) press conference that will originate from New York City's famous Julliard School of Music.

Though the band hasn't officially tipped its hand as to what Tuesday's announcement will be, various news reports say that a live telecast and performance is planned.

Earlier this year, Boston officials approved plans for major concerts on Aug. 21 and 23, which are widely expected to be the shows that launch a Stones world tour predicted to run well into 2006. The Stones' last outing was the 2002-2003 "Licks" world tour, which played to more than 3.4 million fans and grossed nearly $300 million, according to Amusement Business.

The outing will include a stop at the New Charlotte Arena in North Carolina, home to the NBA's Bobcats, the Charlotte Observer reported. That show reportedly will take place prior to U2's Dec. 12 concert at the same venue.

CBC news reported this week that the Stones are planning an early September outdoor show in Moncton, New Brunswick. Promoters are quoted as predicting that the show, at the 60,000-capacity Magnetic Hill concert site, will be the largest concert ever held in Atlantic Canada.

Charlottesville, VA's Scott Stadium is also expected to host a show, according to local news reports.

Earlier this year, producer Don Was told liveDaily that he was working with the Stones on a new album that is expected to hit stores later this year. Meanwhile, Virgin Records recently issued re-issued versions of two best-of albums from the Stones, "Sucking in the Seventies" and "Made in the Shade."
« Last Edit: April 29, 2006, 04:29:03 PM by Malcolm » Logged

Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2005, 07:59:59 PM »

Cant wait till tuesday when they give the press conference!!!  peace
Chief
Legend

« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2005, 03:37:51 PM »

http://www.billboard.com/bb/daily/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000913496

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
AxemanOnFire
Headliner

« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2005, 03:46:14 PM »

Brilliant, cheers for the heads' up Chief ok
Hopefully they'll tour the north of England as well as London so I can get the ferry over
Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2005, 04:32:38 PM »

I want to see these boys again beer

http://www.gnrstrip.com/forum/

Give Peace A Chance...
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2005, 04:40:31 PM »

$100 plus bucks a ticket damn that is ridiculous no

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2005, 06:59:24 PM »

Already a thread For This Dude

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2005, 07:00:15 PM »

The Rolling Stones officially unveiled plans for their long-rumored 2005/2006 tour during a brief Tuesday (5/10) performance and press conference in front of hundreds of fans outside New York City's Julliard School of Music.

Proving they've retained their chops after more than four decades in the business, the Stones--Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood--opened the event by playing "Start Me Up," trotted out a new song titled "Oh No Not You Again," and wrapped up with "Brown Sugar" before taking a few questions from the press.

Organizers confirmed previous reports that the North American leg of the tour, sponsored by mortgage company Ameriquest, will launch Aug. 21 at Boston's Fenway Park. The first leg wraps up Dec. 1 in Houston, and about 35 shows are confirmed so far. The itinerary is below; additional North American shows are in the works for early 2006.

Opening acts haven't been announced. "We kinda know [who will open], but we're not gonna say," frontman Mick Jagger said at the press conference.

Though there were pre-announcement rumors that the 2005/2006 tour would be the band's last, Jagger shot them down. "We never say this is the last tour," he said. "We take each tour as it comes."

Like the Stones' 2002/2003 "Licks" tour, the upcoming outing will visit a mix of stadiums, arenas and clubs. But unlike that tour--which visited fewer than 20 North American cities--the band will not play different-sized venues in the same market. Rehearsals will begin in Toronto "sooner than you think," Jagger said.

Tickets for shows in Boston; Washington, DC; Atlanta; Charlotte; and Calgary will go on sale to the general public on May 14; other on-sale dates will be announced.

According to a press release, about 5% of the tickets will be premium "Gold Circle" seats. The remaining tickets will average $99 for stadium shows, $110 for arenas and $50 for clubs and theaters.

Pre-sale tickets will be sold via the Stones' online fan club; details are available at the group's website. American Express cardholders will also have access to a limited number of pre-sale tickets in select markets.

Tour promoter Michael Kohl said that several hundred seats have been built directly into the set that will be used for stadium shows. "The band is redefining the concert experience--there is nothing even comparable to the thrill of being onstage with the Rolling Stones and seeing a stadium show from the band's perspective," he said in a statement.

Besides North America, the trek is expected touch down in Mexico, South America and The Far East (possibly including the band's first-ever performances in mainland China). The outing will end in Europe during the summer of 2006.

The tour will support a new, as-yet untitled album, which Jagger said is about "85 percent done." No release date has been scheduled.

Tour Itinerary

August 2005
21 - Boston, MA - Fenway Park
26 - Hartford, CT - Rentschler Field
28 - Ottawa, Ontario - Frank Clair Stadium
31 - Detroit, MI - Comerica Park

September 2005
3 - Moncton, New Brunswick - Magnetic Hill
6 - St. Paul, MN - Xcel Energy Center
8 - Milwaukee, WI - Bradley Center
10 - Chicago, IL - Soldier Field
15 - East Rutherford, NJ - Giants Stadium
24 - Columbus, OH - Nationwide Arena
26 - Toronto, Ontario - Rogers Centre
28 - Pittsburgh, PA - PNC Park

October 2005
1 - Hershey, PA - Hersheypark Stadium
3 - Washington, DC - MCI Center
6 - Charlottesville, VA - Scott Stadium, University of Virginia
10 - Philadelphia, PA - Wachovia Center
15 - Atlanta, GA - Philips Arena
17 - Miami, FL - American Airlines Arena
19 - Tampa, FL - St. Pete Times Forum
21 - Charlotte, NC - New Charlotte Arena
28 - Calgary, AB - Pengrowth Saddledome
30 - Seattle, WA - KeyArena

November 2005
1 - Portland, OR - Rose Garden Arena
4 - Anaheim, CA - Angel Stadium of Anaheim
11 - San Diego, CA - PETCO Park
13 - San Francisco, CA - SBC Park
20 - Fresno, CA - Save Mart Center
22 - Salt Lake City, UT - Delta Center
24 - Denver, CO - Pepsi Center
27 - Glendale, AZ - Glendale Arena
/29 - Dallas, TX - American Airlines Center

December 2005
1 - Houston, TX - Toyota Center

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2005, 07:19:58 PM »

05.10.05 Rolling Stones Official Tour Press Release
THE ROLLING STONES ONSTAGE

WORLD TOUR

To Launch August 21st at Boston's Fenway Park

Stones Redefine the Concert Experience Giving Fans the Chance to Be ONSTAGE

NEW YORK, NY -- (May 10, 2005) – The Rolling Stones announced today the kick off of the Rolling Stones World Tour at Boston's legendary Fenway Park on August 21st. With 35 dates already confirmed in the U.S and Canada, the band will then tour Mexico, South America, the Far East and finally Europe in the summer of 2006.

Fans, along with hundreds of members of the U.S. and international media gathered at Lincoln Center, were treated to the ultimate surprise performance by the Rolling Stones. As the famous opening notes of "Start Me Up" blared across the plaza, a giant banner with eye-popping signature tongue logos dropped revealing the band performing on the balcony-turned-stage of the 100 year old conservatory, Juilliard. Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood played three songs for an ecstatic crowd, including "Oh No Not You Again," a new track off their upcoming CD along with their classic hit "Brown Sugar." This marks the first time the Rolling Stones performed at a press event since 1975 when they sang "Brown Sugar" on top of a flatbed truck as they rode down 5th Avenue.

The Rolling Stones Onstage will once again showcase their diversity as musicians and performers by playing three dramatically different venues from the grand scale excitement of a stadium, to the thrill of an arena to the intimate setting of a theatre and club with special set lists. This year's tour takes the concert experience to the next level by bringing together the advantages of an up-close club experience with their electric stadium show. The band will fulfill the ultimate dream of music lovers across the globe, offering the unimaginable-the opportunity to be onstage with the Rolling Stones. Several hundred seats are built directly into the stadium set, offering fans the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to share the excitement and adrenaline rush of being onstage as the Rolling Stones perform to an audience of 50,000 plus.

"The band is redefining the concert experience - there is nothing even comparable to the thrill of being onstage with the Rolling Stones and seeing a stadium show from the band's perspective," said Michael Cohl, tour promoter. "For fans this will be the greatest tour yet."

Rolling Stones Onstage will combine the spectacular production and charismatic performances that fans have come to expect. The band will be working closely with the design team responsible for the sensational sets, dramatic effects and state-of-the art technology on previous tours from "Steel Wheels" to "Licks."

The Rolling Stones hold the record for the top 2 most attended North American tours of all time.

Fans are able to enjoy special access to tickets, exclusive merchandise and can also follow the tour online at www.rollingstones.com. For the first time ever, concert goers will be able to see the exact seat locations and choose the price level of tickets before purchasing a platinum membership to the fan club. Every ticket sold for the tour will include a free Virtual Ticket membership in the Rolling Stones fan club. Updated daily, users will be given an exclusive insider's look at every aspect of the tour. From rehearsals and preparations to on-going coverage via audio and videos streams, downloads, set lists and news and much more.

The U.S. leg of the Rolling Stones Onstage World Tour is presented by Ameriquest. "With music that appeals to a wide spectrum of the American public, the Rolling Stones offer Ameriquest a broad platform to strategically communicate our brand, our services and our positioning as, 'Proud Sponsor of the American Dream'" said Brian Woods, Chief Marketing Officer, Ameriquest Mortgage Company. "In today's saturated marketplace, the Rolling Stones break through the clutter to reach fans in a way that few iconic brands can. Being the presenting sponsor of this tour allows Ameriquest the opportunity to reach those fans by fulfilling their Dream to see the Stones on stage live."

American Express has a long history of providing special access and meaningful experiences to Cardmembers. As part of this ongoing commitment, American Express has partnered with the Rolling Stones to secure a special opportunity for Cardmembers to purchase their tickets (in select markets and venues) to what promises to be an incredible tour prior to the general public on-sale. All tickets available during the American Express on-sale can be purchased via Ticketmaster as follows: in Boston, from 3:00 p.m. ET on May 10 through 9:00 p.m. ET on May 13; in Chicago, from 9:00 a.m. CT on May 11 through 5 p.m. CT on May 20; in New York from 9 a.m. ET on May 11 through 5 p.m. ET on May 22; and in Anaheim and San Francisco from 9 a.m. PST on May 11 through 5 p.m. PST on May 21.

Tickets will go on sale May 14th for Boston, Washington DC, Atlanta, Miami, Charlotte, and Calgary, with additional markets and dates to follow.

In keeping with the band's philosophy of making their shows accessible to all fans, tickets for the stadiums, arenas and theatres/clubs will be available in a broad range of price categories. There will be a limited number of Gold Circle seats while the remaining 95% of the house will average $99 for stadium shows, $110 for arenas and all tickets for theatre/club shows will be $50. Buys will be limited to 6-12 tickets per person for stadium and arena shows depending on the venue. There is a 2 ticket limit for theatre/club shows. Tickets can be purchased through all usual ticket outlets.

Continuing their historic creative partnership, Mick and Keith began writing together last autumn and have since recorded with Charlie and Ronnie. Their highly anticipated full length studio CD with all new material will be released by Virgin Records in conjunction with the tour.

Rolling Stones World Tour 2005/2006 will be presented by Concert Productions International and The Next Adventure and produced by WPC Piecemeal Inc.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2005, 09:28:37 AM »

The Rolling Stones , who will kick off a world tour Aug. 21 at Boston's Fenway Park, have added a second show at the historic ballpark.

The new Boston show is set for Aug. 23. The move wasn't surprising; earlier this year, the City of Boston granted organizers permission to stage two Stones concerts at Fenway.

Tickets for both Fenway Park shows are scheduled to go on sale to the general public on Saturday (5/14), along with several other shows. Details are in the itinerary below.

Pre-sale tickets have gone on sale for some dates via the Stones' online fan club; more information is available at the group's website.

The first leg of the Stones' 2005/2006 tour wraps up Dec. 1 in Houston, and about 35 shows are confirmed so far. Additional North American shows are in the works for early 2006.

Like the Stones' 2002/2003 "Licks" tour, the upcoming jaunt will visit a mix of stadiums, arenas and clubs. But unlike that tour--which visited fewer than 20 North American cities--the band generally will not play different-sized venues in the same market.

Besides North America, the trek is expected touch down in Mexico, South America and The Far East (possibly including the band's first-ever performances in mainland China). The outing will end in Europe during the summer of 2006.

GnRNightrain
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2005, 04:49:43 PM »

The Rolling Stones , who will kick off a world tour Aug. 21 at Boston's Fenway Park, have added a second show at the historic ballpark.

The new Boston show is set for Aug. 23. The move wasn't surprising; earlier this year, the City of Boston granted organizers permission to stage two Stones concerts at Fenway.

Tickets for both Fenway Park shows are scheduled to go on sale to the general public on Saturday (5/14), along with several other shows. Details are in the itinerary below.

Pre-sale tickets have gone on sale for some dates via the Stones' online fan club; more information is available at the group's website.

The first leg of the Stones' 2005/2006 tour wraps up Dec. 1 in Houston, and about 35 shows are confirmed so far. Additional North American shows are in the works for early 2006.

Like the Stones' 2002/2003 "Licks" tour, the upcoming jaunt will visit a mix of stadiums, arenas and clubs. But unlike that tour--which visited fewer than 20 North American cities--the band generally will not play different-sized venues in the same market.

I bought my tickets to the Anaheim show.  I cant imagine a better way for GNR to gt back out there than to open for the Stones, but of course I know they wont.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: