Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:06:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Official Rolling Stones Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official Rolling Stones Thread  (Read 133664 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2005, 12:49:59 PM »

TICKETS SOLD OUT FOR FIRST 7 CONCERT ONSALES

NEW YORK, NY -- (May 16, 2005) - In a matter of a few hours the Rolling Stones sold out all tickets in Boston, Washington, D.C. Atlanta, Miami, Charlotte and Calgary. A second stadium show was added at Fenway Park, in Boston, on August 23rd to support the incredible demand and also sold out immediately.

Additional markets will go on sale this weekend beginning with Charlottesville (Scott Stadium) on Friday, May 20th followed by Hartford (Rentschler Stadium), Detroit (Comerica Park), Minneapolis (Xcel Energy Center), Chicago (Soldier Field), Pittsburgh (PNC Park), Hershey (Hersheypark Stadium), Tampa (St. Pete Times Forum) and San Diego (Petco Park) on Saturday, May 21st. Tickets for Anaheim (Angel Stadium of Anaheim) and San Francisco (SBC Park) will go on sale Sunday, May 22nd and tickets for Philadelphia (Wachovia Center), East Rutherford (Giant's Stadium) will go on sale Monday, May 23rd. The "Rolling Stones: On Stage" World Tour will launch August 21st at Fenway Park in Boston.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2005, 12:52:54 PM »

This is whoes opening for the stones:

Both the Boston Shows are Black Eyed Peas
Hartford & Detroit are Maroon 5
Moncton are Maroon 5 & The Tragically Hip
Pittsburgh is Pearl Jam
Washington & Philly are John Mayer

Some pretty big fuckin namesif you ask me..Especially the hip and pearl jam

Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2005, 07:41:19 PM »

The Stones, about to release another disc.... mmm  that is sad for GNR fans
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2005, 01:22:27 PM »

Anyone know what the password is?  Tickets are on sale now!!!!

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2005, 02:12:24 PM »

I tried that presale last wednesday and they wanted
100.00 new stones membership
nosebleed seats in section 203 (I sat up there for hockey, nose bleed!) for 160.00 per
plus whatever little charges ticketmaster deems is necessary....
I'd wait til monday and take your chances, unless you have the cash to spare... Grin
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2005, 02:15:44 PM »

Aparently now you can buy them if you have a John Mayer password.  He is opening for them I guess.

The Stones are money hungry bastards aint they?

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2005, 01:31:00 PM »

Well if tickets are only 100-105 as stated before they even went on sale then I'd have to say "just a little", 'cause last time they came to the Wachovia it cost me 300.00 a ticket...when they tour, they are in effect,  a virtual corporation (you know how corporations are(heh heh)that opens its doors for the duration of a tour (year, or more) and then they just close up shop...I imagine they will have a Euro leg also...soon as they get done here...I wish we had someone other than John Mayer opening here...would have loved to see a local east coast band open up for them...
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2005, 02:49:26 PM »

I tried that presale last wednesday and they wanted
100.00 new stones membership
nosebleed seats in section 203 (I sat up there for hockey, nose bleed!) for 160.00 per
plus whatever little charges ticketmaster deems is necessary....
I'd wait til monday and take your chances, unless you have the cash to spare... Grin
Consider what they're bringing out for the tour and you get that price.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Eeebs
I was kissed by Matt Sorum!!
VIP

Riot Act

« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2005, 07:38:19 PM »

I am interested in buyin tix for RS in Toronto...however, they are $$$ and I want good seats...
does anyone have a password they are willing to share, or helpful tips in buying RS tix...I have never seen them b4 and I wanna but not for $1000 a seat!  Smiley
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2005, 09:09:46 AM »

Consider what they're bringing out for the tour and you get that price.

You are talking equipment and basically a whole team of folks...yes?
I was just a bit perturbed because they were touting tickets for 100-105 when they did the press release...why say that if it's not going to be the case...but don't get me wrong...those dudes put on a helluva show...I swear I really don't know how Mick can keep running around for 2 1\2 hours with only two breaks (when Keith sings)...bastard is in better shape than me LOL
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2005, 11:00:50 AM »

I seem then in the dome in 2002..To get good seats you gotta pay 100 bucks for a membership on there website...but id just wait

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2005, 09:19:45 PM »

Update on openers for the Stones

Boston (21,23) is Black Eyed Peas
Hartford (26) is Maroon 5
Ottawa (28) is Our Lady Peace & Les Trois Accords
Detroit (31) is Maroon 5
Moncton (3) is The Tragically Hip, Maroon 5, Our Lady Peace & Les Trois Accords
Toronto (26) is Beck
Pitsburgh (28) is Pearl Jam
Washington (3) is John Mayer Trio
Philedelhia (10) is John Mayer Trio

noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2005, 08:00:50 AM »

John Mayer....yeah, wtf were they thinking....thanks guys, I gotta sit throught John Mayer, John Mayer!!!???...someone on his management team was either owed a favor or has no gag reflex...blllaaaahhhh drool
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2005, 10:17:30 PM »

A second show at San Francisco's SBC Park has just been announced! The Rolling Stones will perform their second San Francisco show on November 15, 2005. Fan Club members will be able to access tickets through the members' only pre-sale starting on Tuesday, May 31st.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2005, 05:03:40 PM »

After selling out upcoming stadium gigs in the New York City and Chicago markets, The Rolling Stones have announced plans to play arena shows in both cities.

The latest itinerary issued by the ageless rockers has the group touching down at New York's Madison Square Garden on Sept. 13, and playing at Chicago's United Center on Jan. 23. The band's previously announced gigs at Chicago's Soldier Field and East Rutherford, NJ's Giants Stadium have already sold out.

Tickets for the new Chicago and New York shows go on sale Friday (6/10) and Monday (6/13), respectively. On-sales also get underway Saturday (6/11) for previously announced dates in Portland, OR; Seattle; and Glendale, AZ. Before tickets go on sale to the general public, pre-sales tickets will be available to members of the Stones' online fan club. Details are available at the Stones' website.

The first leg of the Stones' 2005/2006 tour opens Aug. 21 in Boston, and most announced shows have already sold out. The jaunt wraps up Dec. 1 in Houston, and about 35 shows are confirmed so far. More North American shows are in the works for early 2006, in addition to the just-announced Chicago show.

Aside from North America, the trek is expected touch down in Mexico, South America and the Far East (possibly including the band's first-ever performances in mainland China). The outing will end in Europe during the summer of 2006.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2005, 03:59:00 PM »

The Rolling Stones have tapped young blues-pop singer Joss Stone to open three shows on their upcoming North American tour.

Stone, an 18-year-old native of England who released her debut EP in 2003, will open for the Stones in Miami, Tampa and Charlotte. Her debut full-length, "Mind Body & Soul," hit stores last year and peaked at No. 11 on The Billboard 200 album chart.

Meanwhile, eclectic rocker Beck--previously confirmed to open a single Stones show in Toronto--has just been added to the bill in Columbus, OH, and Hershey, PA.

All opening acts confirmed to date, as well as the upcoming weekend's Rolling Stones ticket on-sales, are listed in the itinerary below.

The first leg of the Stones' 2005/2006 tour opens Aug. 21 in Boston, and most announced shows have already sold out. The jaunt wraps up Dec. 1 in Houston, and about 35 shows are confirmed so far. More North American shows are in the works for early 2006, including a recently announced show at Chicago's United Center.

October 2005
1 - Hershey, PA - Hersheypark Stadium (w/ Beck)
3 - Washington, DC - MCI Center (w/ John Mayer Trio)
6 - Charlottesville, VA - Scott Stadium, University of Virginia
10 - Philadelphia, PA - Wachovia Center (w/ John Mayer Trio)
15 - Atlanta, GA - Philips Arena
17 - Miami, FL - American Airlines Arena (w/ Joss Tone)
19 - Tampa, FL - St. Pete Times Forum (w/ Joss Stone)
21 - Charlotte, NC - New Charlotte Arena (w/ Joss Stone)
28 - Calgary, AB - Pengrowth Saddledome
30 - Seattle, WA - KeyArena (on sale 6/11)

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2005, 03:45:28 AM »

i wish they would announce the opener for dallas. i'm gonna be at that show.
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2005, 05:57:19 PM »

The Rolling Stones  have announced plans to return to Los Angeles' Hollywood Bowl for the first time in almost 40 years during their upcoming North American tour.

The show, which is the latest addition to the first leg of the band's North American itinerary, is set for Nov. 6, and tickets are scheduled to hit the box office next Monday (6/27).

Meanwhile, a Saturday (6/26) on-sale is in place for the group's previously announced Sept. 8 concert in Milwaukee.

Members of the Stones' online fan club have access to tickets prior to the public on-sales. Details are available at the group's website.

The Stones last performed at the Hollywood Bowl on July 25, 1966, according to Reuters. That date was the eve of frontman Mick Jagger's 23rd birthday.

The group's Nov. 6 return to the venue is its second planned stop in the Los Angeles area during the upcoming tour; a previously announced show at Anaheim's Angels Stadium is set for Nov. 4.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #58 on: July 18, 2005, 04:56:41 PM »

The Rolling Stones are finalising plans for their studio album in eight years.

Expected to be released on September 5, it?s believed the band have recorded 18 tracks from which the final album will be selected.

The album was recorded in France during late 2004 and spring 2005 with producer Don Was. Mixing took place in Los Angeles earlier this summer.

Among the tracks being considered for the album is ?Neo-Con?, which is believed to be an attack on the politics of George Bush and the Republican administration.

Meanwhile other songs that may feature on the record include: ?Oh No, Not You Again?, ?Back Of My Hand?, ?She Saw Me Coming?, ?Under The Radar?, ?Look What The Cat Dragged In?, ?This House Is Empty Without You?, ?Walking Alone In The Rain? and ?You Drive Too Fast?.

The album, is the band?s first studio since 1997's ?Bridges To Babylon?, while ?Oh No, Not You Again? which the band performed live in May when they announced their forthcoming world tour in New York, is rumoured to be the first single.

As previously reported, the Rolling Stones kick off their world tour on August 21 in Boston, Massachusetts.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #59 on: July 20, 2005, 07:46:44 AM »

With the addition of a Nov. 8 appearance, The Rolling Stones ' still-growing North American tour is now set for a pair of dates at the famous Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles.Tickets for the newly announced gig will go on sale to the general public Monday (7/25). Members of the Stones' online fan club have access to tickets prior to the public on-sales; details are available at the group's website.

The Stones' previously announced Nov. 6 appearance at the Hollywood Bowl is sold out.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: