Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:57:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Official Rolling Stones Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official Rolling Stones Thread  (Read 133685 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #60 on: July 26, 2005, 04:51:36 PM »

The Rolling Stones  have settled on the title "A Bigger Bang" for their first new studio album in eight years, and have nailed down a Sept. 6 release date for the set.The title--which the group came up with while recording the set last year--reflects the band members' "fascination with the scientific origin of the universe," according to a press release.

The collection boasts a formidable 16-song tracklist, making it the band's longest set since 1972's "Exile on Main Street." Among the new songs are the forthcoming singles "Streets of Love" and "Rough Justice," as well as "Oh No, Not You Again," a track that the group premiered during a May press conference at New York's Julliard School, where the band announced plans for its upcoming tour.

Also included on the disc are the cuts "Infamy" and "This Place Is Empty," both of which feature lead vocals from guitarist Keith Richards.

Other song titles include "Back of My Hand," "It Won't Take Long," "Laugh, I Nearly Died" and "Rain Fall Down."

Frontman Mick Jagger and Richards--a.k.a. The Glimmer Twins--co-produced the set with Don Was, who also co-produced a number of the band's previous album, including its most recent studio set, 1997's "Bridges to Babylon."

When the new album arrives in stores, the Stones will be in the midst of the first leg of their 2005/2006 world tour, which kicks off Aug. 21 at Boston's Fenway Park. The group is asking fans for input on the setlist for the outing; details are posted at the band's website.

August 2005
21, 23 - Boston, MA - Fenway Park (w/ Black Eyed Peas)
26 - Hartford, CT - Rentschler Field (w/ Maroon 5)
28 - Ottawa, Ontario - Lansdowne Park (w/ Our Lady Peace, Les Trois Accords)
31 - Detroit, MI - Comerica Park (w/ Maroon 5)

September 2005
3 - Moncton, New Brunswick - Magnetic Hill (w/ Maroon 5, Tragically Hip, Our Lady Peace, Les Trois Accords)
6 - St. Paul, MN - Xcel Energy Center
8 - Milwaukee, WI - Bradley Center
10 - Chicago, IL - Soldier Field
13 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden
15 - East Rutherford, NJ - Giants Stadium
24 - Columbus, OH - Nationwide Arena (w/ Beck)
26 - Toronto, Ontario - Rogers Centre (w/ Beck)
28 - Pittsburgh, PA - PNC Park (w/ Pearl Jam)

October 2005
1 - Hershey, PA - Hersheypark Stadium (w/ Beck)
3 - Washington, DC - MCI Center (w/ John Mayer Trio)
6 - Charlottesville, VA - Scott Stadium, University of Virginia (w/ Trey Anastasio)
8 - Durham, NC - Wallace Wade Stadium
10 - Philadelphia, PA - Wachovia Center (w/ John Mayer Trio)
12 - Philadelphia, PA - Wachovia Center (w/ John Mayer Trio)
15 - Atlanta, GA - Philips Arena (w/ Wilco)
17 - Miami, FL - American Airlines Arena (w/ Joss Stone)
19 - Tampa, FL - St. Pete Times Forum (w/ Joss Stone)
21 - Charlotte, NC - New Charlotte Arena (w/ Joss Stone)
28 - Calgary, AB - Pengrowth Saddledome
30 - Seattle, WA - KeyArena

November 2005
1 - Portland, OR - Rose Garden Arena
4 - Anaheim, CA - Angel Stadium of Anaheim
6 - Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Bowl
8 - Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Bowl
11 - San Diego, CA - PETCO Park
13, 15 - San Francisco, CA - SBC Park
20 - Fresno, CA - Save Mart Center
22 - Salt Lake City, UT - Delta Center
24 - Denver, CO - Pepsi Center
27 - Glendale, AZ - Glendale Arena
29 - Dallas, TX - American Airlines Center

December 2005
1 - Houston, TX - Toyota Center

January 2006
10 - Montreal, Quebec - Bell Centre
23 - Chicago, IL - United Center

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #61 on: July 26, 2005, 07:51:20 PM »

MOTLEY CRUE WILL OPEN SEVERAL DATES FOR THE STONES

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #62 on: July 26, 2005, 11:19:14 PM »

bullshit they have their own tour going until mid december.
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #63 on: July 27, 2005, 08:41:13 AM »

What does that matter..Why cant they open two or three dates for the stones?Plus Tommy announced it a few nights ago on a radio interview

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2005, 08:51:51 AM »

bullshit they have their own tour going until mid december.

Why dont you keep your mouth shut dude until you know for a fact im lying which I dont do

M?TLEY CR?E drummer Tommy Lee revealed during an appearance on the "Rockline" syndicated radio show earlier this week that the CR?E will support THE ROLLING STONES at four shows late summer/early fall. Among the cities tentatively scheduled to feature the CR?E are Chicago, Portland and Seattle. No further information is currently available.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #65 on: August 02, 2005, 06:07:31 PM »

Las Vegas and Albany, NY, are the latest additions to the initial North American leg of The Rolling Stones ' upcoming tour itinerary. The outing will touch down at Albany's Pepsi Arena on Sept. 17, and tickets go on sale to the public Saturday (8/6). Members of the Stones' online fan club have access to tickets prior to the public on-sales; details are available at the group's website.

Las Vegas will get a visit from the Stones on Nov. 18; on-sale information wasn't available at press time.

The Stones launch their outing Aug. 21 at Boston's Fenway Park to support their upcoming album "A Bigger Bang," due in stores Sept. 8.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #66 on: August 02, 2005, 08:49:29 PM »

METALLICA will be the special guest for THE ROLLING STONES as part of their "A Bigger Bang" world tour at SBC Park in San Francisco on November 13 and November 15. An additional opening act will be announced shortly with times for both concerts being moved up an hour to 6:00 p.m. PST. METALLICA joins a diverse list of top opening acts, including THE BLACK EYED PEAS, MAROON 5, PEARL JAM, JOHN MAYER TRIO, LES TROIS ACCORDS, THE TRAGICALLY HIP, OUR LADY PEACE, TREY ANASTASIO, JOSS STONE and BECK.

"Over the course of our career we've been fortunate enough to share the stage with a select few of the bands we grew up on, admired and respected including AC/DC, DEEP PURPLE, GUNS N' ROSES and IRON MAIDEN. The only band that we have never played with but have always wanted to is THE ROLLING STONES," says METALLICA drummer Lars Ulrich.

"Having the opportunity to play with them this November in our hometown of San Francisco is both an honor and a privilege. And it's bound to be a lot of fuckin' fun especially since we haven't special guested since 1992! These shows will enable us to recharge our batteries, both creatively and physically, as we prepare for the next phase of METALLICA."

Tickets for THE ROLLING STONES at SBC Park on November 13 are sold out. Tickets for the November 15 performance are on sale now at BGP.com, Ticketmaster.com and at all Ticketmaster outlets including Tower Records, Wherehouse Music, Ritmo Latino, select Save Mart and select FYE stores, and Tix Bay Area in Union Square. To charge tickets by phone, call (415) 421-TIXS, (408) 998-TIXS, (510) 444-TIXS, (209) 485-TIXS or (707) 528-TIXS.

The U.S. leg of the "A Bigger Bang" world tour is presented by Ameriquest Mortgage Company. ROLLING STONES' world tour 2005/2006 will be presented by Concert Productions International and produced by WPC Piecemeal Inc.

Eugene Klein
Rocker

--Powder on wound--

« Reply #67 on: August 03, 2005, 12:12:09 PM »

Metallica and The Crue opening for the Stones  drool
He he what about that song "Look What The Cat Dragged In". Let's hope it's a rocker.

??\\\ G.A.S. ///??
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #68 on: August 03, 2005, 05:35:45 PM »

wow metallica special guest. i wish they had picked dallas instead of san francisco. with my luck we'll get some crappy band like maroon 5 opening dallas.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #69 on: August 03, 2005, 05:49:33 PM »

He he what about that song "Look What The Cat Dragged In". Let's hope it's a rocker.

Congratulations!  You get the Most Ignorant Comment I've Ever Seen Award.  Look What The Cat Dragged In is a Posion song.  And if you're implying that Motley Crue is too soft to open for the Stones you're completely clueless.  Motley is a far heavier band than the Stones ever were.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #70 on: August 04, 2005, 04:23:53 AM »

Congratulations!? You get the Most Ignorant Comment I've Ever Seen Award.? Look What The Cat Dragged In is a Posion song.? And if you're implying that Motley Crue is too soft to open for the Stones you're completely clueless.? Motley is a far heavier band than the Stones ever were.

Get your stuff together dude, Look what the cat draged in is the title of a new song in the Rolling Stones album, whatever poison did 20 years ago should be forgotten Smiley
Eugene Klein
Rocker

--Powder on wound--

« Reply #71 on: August 04, 2005, 02:32:35 PM »

rofl
People misunderstanding emoticons, i've seen that before.
Of course i know that's a tune from Poison. I posted the title since it's mentioned as a new Stones' song.
Get that award to yourself and learn how to interpret emoticons, how to type and how to blow your nose next time you wanna argue with me.

??\\\ G.A.S. ///??
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #72 on: August 04, 2005, 03:31:17 PM »

The Most Ignorant Comment Award is stripped of you, Eugene, and is awarded to me.  I'd like to congratulate all the nominees.  Poison rules!

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #73 on: August 10, 2005, 05:07:17 PM »

The Rolling Stones , who officially launch their "A Bigger Bang!" tour later this month in Boston, will hone their stage chops with a Wednesday night (8/10) club gig in Toronto, where the band has been rehearsing.Tickets--priced at $10 Canadian (about $8.25)--quietly went on sale at Toronto's Phoenix Concert Theatre this morning, and the Stones are scheduled to take the stage at the venue tonight. Doors open at 7:30 p.m., according to the Stones' official website. Canadian rockers The Trews will open.

The Rolling Stones are expected to tour the world over the next year to support their upcoming album, "A Bigger Bang," due in stores Sept. 8.

Earlier this month, the group released exclusively via Apple's iTunes Music Store three cuts from the new set: "Rough Justice," "Streets of Love" and "Back of My Hand."

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #74 on: August 11, 2005, 02:41:49 PM »

About 1,000 Rolling Stones fans packed a Toronto nightclub Wednesday night to watch the band play an intimate last-minute show, marking their fourth surprise performance in the city in 11 years.

The playlist for the small concert, held at the downtown Phoenix nightclub, included old and new songs like Brown Sugar, Stay With Me, Oh No, Not You Again and a cover version of Bob Marley's Get Up, Stand Up.

Tickets went on sale Wednesday morning and were priced at just $10 each, a far cry from the $60 to $450 that concertgoers will pay to see the band perform next month at Toronto's Rogers Centre.

All the tickets were sold out as of 10 a.m. EDT.

Canadian rockers the Trews opened the Wednesday's performance. The Stones have given three surprise performances at intimate Toronto venues in the past.

Eager fans who got wind of the rumoured concert started lining up outside the Toronto club on Tuesday afternoon.

Some were rewarded with $10 tickets, which were sold on a first come, first served basis at the Phoenix Wednesday morning. In an attempt to stop scalping, tickets were limited to one per person and each buyer was afixed with a wristband, which must also be worn intact to the concert.

But many fans who waited overnight left empty-handed.

"Tell me to go home and I will lick my wounds and I will go. But don't make me hang out all night," said Terry Nicol, who blew off his job for the day in an attempt to snag a ticket.

The Stones have been rehearsing at a Toronto school for the past month in advance of a world tour, which opens Aug. 21 in Boston.

The first Canadian date is the open-air concert at Ottawa's Frank Clair Stadium on Aug. 28. An outdoor event will follow on Sept. 3 at Moncton's Magnetic Hill. With about 75,000 tickets sold out in just a few days, the New Brunswick concert is being touted as the largest ever held in Atlantic Canada.

The Toronto stop at the Rogers Centre is set for Sept. 26. The Pengrowth Saddledome in Calgary hosts a show on Oct. 28, and the final Canadian stop is the Bell Centre in Montreal on Jan. 10, 2006.

The tour is expected to last a year. After 35 dates in the U.S. and Canada, the band will head south to Mexico and South America, before travelling to Asia, Australia and New Zealand. The tour's final concerts are scheduled for next summer in Europe.

The Stones also played Dead Flowers peace

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #75 on: August 12, 2005, 03:42:08 PM »

The Rolling Stones  have unleashed a limited number of on-stage tickets for the band's upcoming "A Bigger Bang!" tour, which launches Aug. 21 at Boston's Fenway Park."Fans purchasing on stage tickets will have an intimate and extraordinary view of The Rolling Stones and their view of the audience while becoming part of the backdrop and set," said a press release issued by the band.

The tickets, priced between $75 and $250, plus applicable taxes and fees, went on sale Friday morning (8/12) via Ticketmaster, according to the Stones' official website. (Ticketmaster is liveDaily's parent company.)

Additional tickets will be sold via the band's fan club, and will be awarded in contests, according to the press release.

On-stage tickets are only available for the band's upcoming stadium performances, including Hartford, CT; Ottawa, Ontario; Detroit, MI; Moncton, New Brunswick; Chicago; East Rutherford, NJ; Toronto; Pittsburgh; Hershey, PA; Charlottesville, NC; Durham, NC; Anaheim, CA; San Diego and San Francisco.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #76 on: August 24, 2005, 11:37:10 PM »

The Rolling Stones , who finished a two-show tour kick-off at Boston's Fenway Park on Tuesday night (8/23), have locked in a few more dates for their outing, and have secured opening acts for the rest of 2005.

August 2005
26 - Hartford, CT - Rentschler Field (w/ Maroon 5)
28 - Ottawa, Ontario - Lansdowne Park (w/ Our Lady Peace, Les Trois Accords)
31 - Detroit, MI - Comerica Park (w/ Maroon 5)

September 2005
3 - Moncton, New Brunswick - Magnetic Hill (w/ Maroon 5, Tragically Hip, Our Lady Peace, Les Trois Accords)
6 - St. Paul, MN - Xcel Energy Center (w/ Buddy Guy)
8 - Milwaukee, WI - Bradley Center (w/ Buddy Guy)
10 - Chicago, IL - Soldier Field (w/ Los Lonely Boys, Belushi/Akroyd & The Have Love Will Travel Revue)
13 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden (w/ Alanis Morissette)
15 - East Rutherford, NJ - Giants Stadium (w/ Alanis Morissette)
17 - Albany, NY - Pepsi Arena (w/ Alanis Morissette)
24 - Columbus, OH - Nationwide Arena (w/ Beck)
26 - Toronto, Ontario - Rogers Centre (w/ Beck)
28 - Pittsburgh, PA - PNC Park (w/ Pearl Jam)

October 2005
1 - Hershey, PA - Hersheypark Stadium (w/ Beck)
3 - Washington, DC - MCI Center (w/ John Mayer Trio)
6 - Charlottesville, VA - Scott Stadium, University of Virginia (w/ Trey Anastasio)
8 - Durham, NC - Wallace Wade Stadium (w/ Trey Anastasio)
10, 12 - Philadelphia, PA - Wachovia Center (w/ John Mayer Trio)
15 - Atlanta, GA - Philips Arena (w/ Wilco)
17 - Miami, FL - American Airlines Arena (w/ Joss Stone)
19 - Tampa, FL - St. Pete Times Forum (w/ Joss Stone)
21 - Charlotte, NC - New Charlotte Arena (w/ Joss Stone)
28 - Calgary, Alberta - Pengrowth Saddledome (w/ 54-40)
30 - Seattle, WA - KeyArena (w/ Motley Crue)

November 2005
1 - Portland, OR - Rose Garden Arena (w/ Motley Crue)
4 - Anaheim, CA - Angel Stadium of Anaheim (w/ Toots and The Maytals)
6, 8 - Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Bowl (w/ Joss Stone)
11 - San Diego, CA - PETCO Park (w/ Toots and The Maytals)
13, 15 - San Francisco, CA - SBC Park (w/ Metallica, Everclear)
18 - Las Vegas, NV - MGM Grand Garden Arena (on sale 8/27) (w/ Jason Mraz)
20 - Fresno, CA - Save Mart Center (w/ Jason Mraz)
22 - Salt Lake City, UT - Delta Center (w/ Jason Mraz)
24 - Denver, CO - Pepsi Center (w/ Jason Mraz)
27 - Glendale, AZ - Glendale Arena (w/ Jason Mraz)
29 - Dallas, TX - American Airlines Center (w/ Merle Haggard)

December 2005
1 - Houston, TX - Toyota Center (w/ Los Lonely Boys)
3 - Memphis, TN - FedEx Forum (w/ Los Lonely Boys)

January 2006
10 - Montreal, Quebec - Bell Centre
13 - Boston, MA - TD Banknorth Garden (on sale 8/27)
18 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden (on sale 8/29)
23 - Chicago, IL - United Center
25 - Chicago, IL - United Center (on sale 8/29)
27 - St Louis, MO - Savvis Center (on sale 8/27)
29 - Omaha, NE - Qwest Center (on sale 8/27)

February 2006
1 - Baltimore, MD - 1st Mariner's Arena (on sale 8/27)

March 2006
2 - Los Angeles, CA - The Forum
7 - San Antonio, TX - SBC Center
9 - N. Little Rock, AR - Alltel Center (on sale 8/27)

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #77 on: September 08, 2005, 11:10:03 AM »

Got the new album A Bigger Bang and i have to say it's superb stuff.? It's really chilled out stuff to, easy to lay back and listen to? Wink smoking this is most notable on the song She Saw Me Coming.? Track for Track it's great stuff though you would NOT think they were old wrinklies listening to this, the talent is still there (or maybe it's the tricks of recording studio's), anyway i recommend this for any fans of that great thing called rock n' roll....anybody else got this?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 01:25:37 PM by Stoned » Logged
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #78 on: September 08, 2005, 12:55:14 PM »

Ya I got the album Tuesday..It kicks ass..Love Oh no,Not You Again and It Wont Take Long..A good album though

Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #79 on: September 11, 2005, 06:59:31 AM »

It's really good.
 peace

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: