Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:40:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Axl Rose was/is the heart and soul of Guns N' Roses
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl Rose was/is the heart and soul of Guns N' Roses  (Read 5195 times)
RichardNixon
« on: August 08, 2004, 03:45:40 AM »

That's not to say that the rest of the old band aren't awesome and talented. They are. But Axl was the heart and soul of GN'R. Now I like Velvet Revolver album a lot. But I don't love it. I don't have the same emotional reaction to it that I have torwards GNR's music, and that includes the new songs by the new band.

When it comes to comming up with great lyrics, melodies, songs, emotion, and feeling, Axl Rose is the greatest singer/songwriter ever, bar none. Without Axl, Slash Duff, Gilby, Izzy and Matt can still make great music, but it's Axl that possesses the magic wand that makes it genius.

Chinese Democracy will blow Contraband away.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2004, 03:49:18 AM by RichardNixon » Logged
Dayle1066
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2004, 07:47:51 AM »

I disagree. The heart and soul of guns n roses is Axl, Slash, Izzy and Duff writing music together, simple as that peace
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2004, 04:46:28 PM »

Chinese Democracy will be blow Contraband

EEEERRRR Little boy
Vegar
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2004, 06:10:48 PM »

I agree with you, "Richard nixon"..

Just use your head and in the end
You?ll find your inspiration,
To choose your steps, I won't regret
This kind of aggravation
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2004, 07:07:15 AM »

Nope Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steve.

Personally Gn'r wouldn't have been anything special without Slash and Izzy's guitars.

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
slave2thegrind
Headliner

Duff is the man

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2004, 11:10:59 AM »

I agree with Matt88 and Dayle1066 ...GNR isn't GNR without all 5 members.  That's what gives the band it's distinct sound...no one member is the heart and soul.

- Mike (The Slave)
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2004, 09:02:18 PM »

I agree with RichardNixon, I get the same emotional feeling as you too with both bands music. But I guess we will see in due time.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2004, 08:53:11 PM »

I disagree. The heart and soul of guns n roses is Axl, Slash, Izzy and Duff writing music together, simple as that peace

I agree 100%. The sum was greater than the individual parts.    Take away the attitude that Slash brought, the song writing of Izzy, and the overall contribution of Duff, and you are left with an empty shell. Axl may go on, but he can't duplicate what the original band was.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2004, 09:12:40 PM »

Axl may go on, but he can't duplicate what the original band was.

Why do you think he's trying?

If he wanted to duplicate what the old band was, would he have gotten the guys he has now into the band?

I don't think so.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2004, 07:02:41 AM »

Nope Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steve.

Personally Gn'r wouldn't have been anything special without Slash and Izzy's guitars.

yes
Axl is a unique talent when it comes to writing vocal melodies and express his emotions. But without the others... well, GN'R wouldn't have been that huge. Try to imagine any GN'R song with another lead guitarist - the song lost 50%.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
DemocracyRose
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2004, 11:09:27 AM »

That's not to say that the rest of the old band aren't awesome and talented. They are. But Axl was the heart and soul of GN'R. Now I like Velvet Revolver album a lot. But I don't love it. I don't have the same emotional reaction to it that I have torwards GNR's music, and that includes the new songs by the new band.

When it comes to comming up with great lyrics, melodies, songs, emotion, and feeling, Axl Rose is the greatest singer/songwriter ever, bar none. Without Axl, Slash Duff, Gilby, Izzy and Matt can still make great music, but it's Axl that possesses the magic wand that makes it genius.

Chinese Democracy will blow Contraband away.

Axl and Slash are the heart and soul of GNR.... These 2 are like Jagger/Richards and Tyler/Perry...

Chinese Democracy will blow Contraband away.  ok ok ok
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: