Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 12:48:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227824 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Nice Boys Don't Play Rock And Roll
| | |-+  a few songs ive been working on...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: a few songs ive been working on...  (Read 4182 times)
spiderman
Rocker

i can feel my spider sense....

« on: August 09, 2004, 05:28:29 PM »

ok ive been working on this song on and off for a while now... ive played guitars, bass and keyboards on it and used a pre- proggrammed drum sample... i know the vocals are crap cause i done those also. i also mixed it myself (as if i know anything about mixing? hihi )

its called "Graveyard of Love" its about 3.29 long and its pretty fucked up. so let me know what you think. be honest please without being nasty and if you think it sucks tell me why... any ideas how to improve it are also welcome...? ok

any problems with the link or whatever let me know and ill sort it out....?

http://www.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=75C2A580249042E84B388D71347A6206

« Last Edit: August 10, 2004, 09:46:18 AM by spiderman » Logged
spiderman
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2004, 09:45:39 AM »

anyway ive got another song finished now... this is called "Suck You Dry" and this is approx 2.30 long... again i welcome your thoughts....  ok

http://www.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=E1AFA78E2C23EE628890D0FBFE1391ED
Aero
Not Axl
VIP

Not Axl

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2004, 06:54:14 PM »

I didn't like the first one... it's not my style, but some of your keyboard stuffs are good... fits cool in the song  peace

spiderman
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2004, 07:13:01 PM »

I didn't like the first one... it's not my style, but some of your keyboard stuffs are good... fits cool in the song? peace

thanx for your comments dude much appreciated.
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2004, 03:44:08 PM »

"Graveyard of Love" kicked ass!  I mean, usually when I play songs by amateur musicians, they're only so-so, and I'm like, "well, I guess that's okay."  But I thought this song was really something else.  It was creepy...you've got a really great voice, it's like Jim Morrison or Glenn Danzig.  The keyboards and the helicoptor sound effects and everything were really atmospheric.  The thing sounded a lot more well-produced than most amateur recordings.  It had an original style, too.  The guitar sounded a bit like The Edge, if he was a stalker.  Great song...keep it up!  ok

"Suck Me Dry" stood out to me a bit less.  I like the organ, and again it's very atmosperic.  The singing is fine, and it's a decent song.  But I guess the main thing is that it just suffers in comparision to "Graveyard of Love".  It's not a bad song at all, though.  You really have a knack for these ethereal, creepy, melodic songs.  To paraphrase Star Wars..."we'll be watching your career with great interest, young spiderman."
spiderman
Rocker

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2004, 03:55:34 PM »

"Graveyard of Love" kicked ass!? I mean, usually when I play songs by amateur musicians, they're only so-so, and I'm like, "well, I guess that's okay."? But I thought this song was really something else.? It was creepy...you've got a really great voice, it's like Jim Morrison or Glenn Danzig.? The keyboards and the helicoptor sound effects and everything were really atmospheric.? The thing sounded a lot more well-produced than most amateur recordings.? It had an original style, too.? The guitar sounded a bit like The Edge, if he was a stalker.? Great song...keep it up!? ok

"Suck Me Dry" stood out to me a bit less.? I like the organ, and again it's very atmosperic.? The singing is fine, and it's a decent song.? But I guess the main thing is that it just suffers in comparision to "Graveyard of Love".? It's not a bad song at all, though.? You really have a knack for these ethereal, creepy, melodic songs.? To paraphrase Star Wars..."we'll be watching your career with great interest, young spiderman."

hey, thanx a lot dude glad you liked em.. im flattered that you say you like my voice cos i fuckin hate it and only put my vocals on the track is cos i couldnt find no one else to do it   hihi  ..... anyways dude thnx again for your comments and i may post more tunes on this thread real soon.........
spiderman
Rocker

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2004, 11:13:32 AM »

okay this is an instrumental called "HEADFUK" and is 3 mins if i remember correctly.... again comments are welcome....

http://www.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=CEF66B64F0027AB5CED36923283E20C9
journey
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2004, 02:49:30 PM »

Graveyard of Love 2 was really trippy, in a cool, psychedelic way. It kind of reminded me of a Doors song, because of the moody vibe about it. Don't make any changes, cause it's perfect the way that it is.
spiderman
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2004, 02:52:27 PM »

Graveyard of Love 2 was really trippy, in a cool, psychedelic way. It kind of reminded me of a Doors song, because of the moody vibe about it. Don't make any changes, cause it's perfect the way that it is.

thanx dude....  peace
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2004, 10:20:18 PM »

Headfuk was okay.  I liked parts of it, but as a whole it didn't feel all that special.  I think it was the main bass riff that put me off.  It sounded amateur-ish, even though it was played fine.  What I mean is, on Graveyard of Love and Suck Me Dry you had really good-sounding production, while Headfuk seemed a bit more lo-tech.  Still, I think it would be cool if you took that main riff and cranked it out on electric guitar.  That would rock.

I really like the way you play keyboards, though.  Those are the coolest parts.  And do another song with vocals on it!  One thing I'd like to see you do is a real rockin' song.  You're very good at creating these soft, moody, icy atmospheric songs.  But I'm curious to see what you can do on a more aggressive track.

Just a suggestion, though.  Wouldn't want to mess with the art, eh?
spiderman
Rocker

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2004, 10:44:26 PM »

Headfuk was okay.? I liked parts of it, but as a whole it didn't feel all that special.? I think it was the main bass riff that put me off.? It sounded amateur-ish, even though it was played fine.? What I mean is, on Graveyard of Love and Suck Me Dry you had really good-sounding production, while Headfuk seemed a bit more lo-tech.? Still, I think it would be cool if you took that main riff and cranked it out on electric guitar.? That would rock.

I really like the way you play keyboards, though.? Those are the coolest parts.? And do another song with vocals on it!? One thing I'd like to see you do is a real rockin' song.? You're very good at creating these soft, moody, icy atmospheric songs.? But I'm curious to see what you can do on a more aggressive track.

Just a suggestion, though.? Wouldn't want to mess with the art, eh?

i always appreciate peoples comments dude and like to answer them as best i can..... im not sure if you realised it or not dude but the bass (as were the drums) on that that paticular track was programmed onto keyboard as i was kinda going for a mellow NIN type sound.... and to be brutaly honest the track was a bit rushed and i decided to post it cos i thought it fitted in with the other two tracks.... anyway... the reason i havent gone with a kind of heavierer rock sound so far is cos these tracks ive recorded on my comp ive recorded and added the effects later.... and i kind of feel that i need to invest in some guitar effects and shit before i start experimemting on heavier rock stuff... but rest assurered.. i do have riffs waiting and i am sure that these recordings will happen as this mellow freaky stuff kinda comes second nature now and i need to branch out... as soon as more stuff gets recorded you will be the first to know my friends...? peace ... in the meantime thanx kindly for your coments and i strongly value your views...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: