Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:32:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  GNR DVD Fraud
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR DVD Fraud  (Read 17709 times)
Guns N Ballz
Rocker

Proud Member of the Butch Walker Mafia!

« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2004, 04:52:09 AM »

Take a pill and chill. All we need is some poster named "Hi_Im_Axl_Rose" giving us leagal advice!  hihi
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2004, 05:39:11 AM »

Hey I've been ripped off plenty of times. Give the kid a brake, He's trying to make up for it. Maybe he has learned his lesson. Give him the benefit. Cops or not at least he's doing the right thing.
Glad to see someone is willing to pay up. Wish I could get all the money I have lost back.

Good for you SCOTT, hope you learned your lesson!

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2004, 05:40:44 AM »

bill on ebay, you can't be held liable, thats why you should use paypal for all credit card transactions, they have a policy, of taking the loss if they do a chargeback.? and also if you accept check as payment wait for the check to clear before you send the item.? after the check clears it is final.? but if they cancel the check and you send the shit before you get the check or if it bounces, you're fucked

Taken from the ebay site:

eBay cannot force a seller to honor their transactions. You should leave appropriate feedback for the reluctant seller to warn other buyers of his or her past history. Depending on your local jurisdiction, you may have independent legal recourse against the seller. 
They also refer you to a site that handles cases of bidders committing fraud and so on.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2004, 06:40:54 AM »

Scott, I don't know what prompted you to admit to the fraud, but anyway this is weird.

Being 15 is no reason for ripping people off, it's the lamest excuse I've ever read.

Apparently, you're willing to pay those people back, so do it as soon as you can.

For the people who got ripped off, you can always try to press charges, but I doubt anybody will take a transaction done by e-mail seriously, especially since it involves a recording that doesn't exist, or at least is not in circulation.
Take that as a lesson that you should never send money for a video bootleg before having guarantees such as screenshots.

If you have anything else to tell Scott, do so by PM. I don't think there's much more to add, so I'm locking the topic. Case closed.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: