Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 31, 2024, 09:31:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227976 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  whats with GN'R vs VR
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: whats with GN'R vs VR  (Read 2194 times)
gnrmandee
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: August 16, 2004, 11:44:27 PM »

cmon you guys..i dont think you have to do a deathmatch between every VR song vs GN"R songs..i mean i get alien vs predator(go predator!) but just because gnr and vr have some of the same members doesnt make them at all alike..i dunno..maybe i am just not as kool as you guys..cuz i cant choose..i love both..sry
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2004, 02:32:23 AM »

i dunno..maybe i am just not as kool as you guys..cuz i cant choose..i love both..sry

That's Ok.  Maybe you're too cool for this board as well.  It's entirely possible.
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2004, 02:38:56 AM »

i dunno..maybe i am just not as kool as you guys..cuz i cant choose..i love both..sry

That's Ok.? Maybe you're too cool for this board as well.? It's entirely possible.

I can understand grmandee's point, but this time the argument about the VR vs. old-GN'R thing is quite civilized, so I don't have any problem with that. But I hate when a VR vs. GN'R topic turns into a 'Slash is a liar' etc. thread.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2004, 03:07:39 AM »

I have no problems admitting that I like certain VR songs more than some gnr songs and certain Gn'r songs more than VR songs
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2004, 07:57:03 AM »

If you listen to GNR or VR you can tell they dont even sound like each other its not STP and its not GNR stop comparing

EEEERRRR Little boy
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2004, 08:47:27 AM »

If you listen to GNR or VR you can tell they dont even sound like each other its not STP and its not GNR stop comparing

Sage words

I think at the heart of this is a lot of frustration with GNR. Lets face it many people on this board have been listening to GNR for over 17 years - they are sick of them, and naturally are going to move on to new stuff. Their mistake is to assume the fault is with GNR's material when its just that they are tired of hearing the songs after 100 times a week for so many years.

U can add to this that many people have been waiting for 10 for 12 years too - there is a lot of built up frustration with Axl that spills over onto their albums.

Don't listen to GNR for 6 months is my advice. When u do again you'll love it. I rarely listen to the band - because i don't want to grew tired of them, i save them for 'special' occiasions.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
gnrmandee
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2004, 09:49:06 AM »

That's Ok.? Maybe you're too cool for this board as well.? It's entirely possible.
actually i never said i was kool..i said maybe im not as kool as u guys..mm i smell contreversy allready
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: